Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch (34430 Views)

TECNO Debuts Globally The World’s First Polychromatic Photoisomer Technology / Top 6 Affordable Bluetooth Accessories You Can Get For Your Android Smartphone / How To Fix Unfortunately System UI Has Stopped On Your Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by tunisbaba(m): 11:51am On Apr 12, 2018
A satellite phone is any phone that can connect to telecommunication satellites so as to receive a network for call and data transfer. Before, all satellite phones are “unsmart” (I mean they are feature phones, which could only be used for calling and sending SMS). But now – all thank to Thuraya Telecommunication – the world now has a satellite Android phone.

The satellite Android phone, called Thuraya X5-Touch, was launched at a Dubai conference a couple of days ago, and as you would have expected, the phone isn’t the kind of phone for everybody; it’s for the people always travelling to remote areas out of network coverage.

Even though the phone can connect to satellites to make calls, send SMS, and browse everywhere in the world, Thuraya still went ahead and made the X5-Touch to support a normal SIM.

So owners can switch between a satellite connection and a standard GSM connection. At the moment, the only features of Thuraya X5-Touch that have been announced include its 5.2-inch 1080p display screen covered with Gorilla class and IP67 certification for dust and water resistance, front and back camera, high capacity battery, dedicated SOS button, advanced navigation hardware – the fact that it is dual-SIMed.

Thuraya X5-Touch is expected to support connection such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC, and the target audience for government missions, energy projects, NGO deployments, and enterprise communications.

Source: https://www.techrabytes.com/worlds-first-satellite-android-smartphone-thuraya-x5-touch/

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by kosasly(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
The price in Nigeria will be hell undecided

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by bankulizer: 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
Oh my love for Thuraya! My dad got me one in JSS1..................A senior later scammed me out of it 2 years later. angry grin.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by hopeforcharles(m): 3:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
Oh somebody gimme this phone please. I so love thuraya, now this please where can I get it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by eleojo23: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
bankulizer:
Oh my love for Thuraya! My dad got me one in JSS1..................A senior later scammed me out of it 2 years later. angry grin.

hopeforcharles:
Oh somebody gimme this phone please. I so love thuraya, now this please where can I get it

You two...

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by johndayor: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2018
hmmmn
Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by cassidy1996(m): 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
nice... this one na 20G network

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Dramadiddy(m): 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
why does this phone have such a big navel

9 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by ArticleBeast: 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
Thuraya is truly a worthy brand...They have been able to set a class for themselves

abeg make una check my signature jare...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Nightking04(m): 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
This is for glo users and people who live in Ahoada, Ohaji/Egbeme, Ndele.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by seunoni34(m): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nightking04:
hahahahaha

17 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by psucc(m): 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nigeria may even ban the phone. unless the company dash dem and their grandchildreen 10 units each

2 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by troubleseller: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2018
Thuraya kó, Aisha Buhari nì

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by pweshboi(m): 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nightking04:
Hahahah nah ihialla mbano

5 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by tunisbaba(m): 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
kosasly:
I swear, the price could be 1 million in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by KokoMadiba(m): 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
:oI swear this phone go sell for Nigeria, no matter the price. ..
Come February 14th, I'm buying one for ma girl, shiz ma dimples grin
Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by ritababe(f): 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
its nice

1 Like

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Lat1tudeO2: 12:08am On Apr 13, 2018
If this phone ever comes to Nigeria, all networking parastartals will contribute money and buy one then begin to use it as modem to upload and download, since it will be data free

16 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by fashrola(m): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2018
Lat1tudeO2:
If this phone ever comes to Nigeria, all networking parastartals will contribute money and buy one then begin to use it as modem to upload and download, since it will be data free

Says who? Do you know that 1Gb on Thuraya network costs more than 5k

It's only good for making calls while at sea, desert etc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by ilevic(m): 12:51am On Apr 13, 2018
And one idiot will buy this fone that is meant forpeople who visit areas that lack good mobile network and be forming big guys with it in cities...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 13, 2018
Please guys I join nairaland yesterday to raise 25k for my house rent which is due by April end. Please if you can assist with any amount, I will be grateful. Please send donations to 6171828068....Fidelity bank savings account. Thanks and God bless.

10 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 13, 2018
Thuraya! Old school
Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Primusinterpares(m): 8:27am On Apr 13, 2018
OK...
beauty of tech
Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 13, 2018
Lemme guess the price in Nigeria... N3m tongue
Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 13, 2018
SYL2018:
Please guys I join nairaland yesterday to raise 25k for my house rent which is due by April end. Please if you can assist with any amount, I will be grateful. Please send donations to 6171828068....Fidelity bank savings account. Thanks and God bless.

Nwata Akwo na azu....

Modified : See the guy face self.. anyway someone have sent you 1naira

32 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by helphelp: 8:32am On Apr 13, 2018
kosasly:

Some GOs don dey fight to be first to buy sef

1 Like

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 13, 2018
grin grin grin Dis your Eyebrows naaa waa wooo grin grin
kosasly:
Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by HomeOfMe(f): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2018
tunisbaba:
A satellite phone is any phone that can connect to telecommunication satellites so as to receive a network for call and data transfer. Before, all satellite phones are “unsmart” (I mean they are feature phones, which could only be used for calling and sending SMS). But now – all thank to Thuraya Telecommunication – the world now has a satellite Android phone.

The satellite Android phone, called Thuraya X5-Touch, was launched at a Dubai conference a couple of days ago, and as you would have expected, the phone isn’t the kind of phone for everybody; it’s for the people always travelling to remote areas out of network coverage.

Even though the phone can connect to satellites to make calls, send SMS, and browse everywhere in the world, Thuraya still went ahead and made the X5-Touch to support a normal SIM.

So owners can switch between a satellite connection and a standard GSM connection. At the moment, the only features of Thuraya X5-Touch that have been announced include its 5.2-inch 1080p display screen covered with Gorilla class and IP67 certification for dust and water resistance, front and back camera, high capacity battery, dedicated SOS button, advanced navigation hardware – the fact that it is dual-SIMed.

Thuraya X5-Touch is expected to support connection such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC, and the target audience for government missions, energy projects, NGO deployments, and enterprise communications.

Source: https://www.techrabytes.com/worlds-first-satellite-android-smartphone-thuraya-x5-touch/
The first time I saw a thuraya phone was with my MD in 2005. I heard that's what Osama bin laden and other terrorists used to communicate from the desert. The phone I know is very costly.

5 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch by youngguru23(m): 8:33am On Apr 13, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline / Funniest Memes On Galaxy Note 7 Explosions / Smartphone Addicts Now Have Their Own Walking Lane In China [must See]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.