Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor (1317 Views)

Female Inheritance: Supreme Court, Igbo Culture In Head-on Collision / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by bbxxxxxx: 9:19am On May 16, 2018
The Dein of Agbor Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Dr. Benjamin Ikenchukwu Keagborekuzi I, has enjoined his subjects to stop promoting Igbo culture, describing the Agbor culture as ‘unique and peculiar’.

The Dein gave the admonition at his palace recently while giving his royal blessings to the new Iregwa of Ogbemudien Community, Pa. Bogi Abagi. He called on the good people of Agbor Kingdom to join hands with him to effect the changes he desires to be in place. According to him, “I am back and happy to be in the midst of my subjects. This kind of gathering gives me joy because it is an opportunity for me to learn more from my people. There is room for change, therefore my wish and desire for my subjects is that they adopt and respect every change that is being made. Going through the history of Agbor Kingdom, one will thank the gods for wisdom. Thus, everyone will join hands with me to reposition things the way they ought to be in order to restore our lost glory”.

He called on all Agbor indigenes to preserve Agbor culture and stop promoting Igbo culture. His words, “stop giving our children Igbo names. The native names given to our children should be pronounced and written in Agbor language and not in Igbo or Ika language as Agbor has its own unique language. The Igbo red cap should also be dropped as it is not a native cap for Agbor Kingdom. Soon, I will start driving away my palace chiefs who are fond of coming to the palace, wearing in red caps. Agbor traditions should be respected and preserved for future generations. Parents and the elderly should teach our children and the youths the culture of Agbor”.

The Odion of Agbor Kingdom, Chief Julius Ochei who led the new Iregwa and the people of Ogbemudien to the Dein’s Palace for blessing, said the Iregwa title goes to the oldest man in Ogbemudien Community, stating that it is the turn of Pa. John Bogi Abagi who is 89 years and the oldest man. The Iregwa, according to Chief Ochie is the traditional head of Ogbemudein Community in Agbor Kingdom.

In a chat with Ika Weekly Newspaper Reporter, the Chairman of Ogbemudien Community, Hon. Simon Okpali lauded the Dein for his wealth of knowledge and prayed the good Lord to empower him. He expressed his confidence in the new Iregwa of Ogbemudien to lead well and thanked the Dein for his blessings.

Julius Ehiabor, the Onu-otu of Ogbemudein Community, on his part, said Pa. Abagi leadership is good and that the good people of Ogbemudien Community are happy. He prayed God to give the new Iregwa good health and long life.

Mr. Johnbull Okwuogori Aghaulor felicitating with the Iregwa, appealed to him to continue to lead them in truth. He prayed God to bless the Dein of Agbor, the Iregwa, Ogbemudein Community and Agbor Kingdom.

Responding, Pa. Abagi thanked the Dein, saying that his joy knows no bounds, while soliciting for the cooperation of every son and daughter of Ogbemudein Community to enable him give the Dein the needed support to move Agbor Kingdom forward.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:29am On May 16, 2018
bbxxxxxx:
The Dein of Agbor Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Dr. Benjamin Ikenchukwu Keagborekuzi I, has enjoined his subjects to stop promoting Igbo culture, describing the Agbor culture as ‘unique and peculiar’.

The Dein gave the admonition at his palace recently while giving his royal blessings to the new Iregwa of Ogbemudien Community, Pa. Bogi Abagi. He called on the good people of Agbor Kingdom to join hands with him to effect the changes he desires to be in place. According to him, “I am back and happy to be in the midst of my subjects. This kind of gathering gives me joy because it is an opportunity for me to learn more from my people. There is room for change, therefore my wish and desire for my subjects is that they adopt and respect every change that is being made. Going through the history of Agbor Kingdom, one will thank the gods for wisdom. Thus, everyone will join hands with me to reposition things the way they ought to be in order to restore our lost glory”.

He called on all Agbor indigenes to preserve Agbor culture and stop promoting Igbo culture. His words, “stop giving our children Igbo names. The native names given to our children should be pronounced and written in Agbor language and not in Igbo or Ika language as Agbor has its own unique language. The Igbo red cap should also be dropped as it is not a native cap for Agbor Kingdom. Soon, I will start driving away my palace chiefs who are fond of coming to the palace, wearing in red caps. Agbor traditions should be respected and preserved for future generations. Parents and the elderly should teach our children and the youths the culture of Agbor”.

The Odion of Agbor Kingdom, Chief Julius Ochei who led the new Iregwa and the people of Ogbemudien to the Dein’s Palace for blessing, said the Iregwa title goes to the oldest man in Ogbemudien Community, stating that it is the turn of Pa. John Bogi Abagi who is 89 years and the oldest man. The Iregwa, according to Chief Ochie is the traditional head of Ogbemudein Community in Agbor Kingdom.

In a chat with Ika Weekly Newspaper Reporter, the Chairman of Ogbemudien Community, Hon. Simon Okpali lauded the Dein for his wealth of knowledge and prayed the good Lord to empower him. He expressed his confidence in the new Iregwa of Ogbemudien to lead well and thanked the Dein for his blessings.
[size=8pt]
Julius Ehiabor, the Onu-otu of Ogbemudein Community, on his part, said Pa. Abagi leadership is good and that the good people of Ogbemudien Community are happy. He prayed God to give the new Iregwa good health and long life.

Mr. Johnbull Okwuogori Aghaulor felicitating with the Iregwa, appealed to him to continue to lead them in truth. He prayed God to bless the Dein of Agbor, the Iregwa, Ogbemudein Community and Agbor Kingdom.

Responding, Pa. Abagi thanked the Dein, saying that his joy knows no bounds, while soliciting for the cooperation of every son and daughter of Ogbemudein Community to enable him give the Dein the needed support to move Agbor Kingdom forward.
lost tribe Benin empire. I close my case when l read that sombodys name is Onu-Otu

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by GavelSlam: 9:29am On May 16, 2018
Agbor .
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by Reelectbuhari: 9:53am On May 16, 2018
Another south south saga........
why am I always right
this has proved me right again

all these people are th reasons Biafra have not been achieved.....

let's do away with them......
Delta sha.....let me stop here.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by Fatherofdragons: 11:29am On May 16, 2018
It's good that they are coming out now to denounce anything igbo in them so as to not get confused when u see someone with the name ameachi amadi but he is not igbo.

Stop bearing our names so as to know who is who Biko.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by davidnazee: 11:54pm On May 16, 2018
Many of the names mentioned in the post sounds like Edo names..
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by Emilokoiyawon: 3:18am On May 18, 2018
cool But wait o! I thought Igbo Amaka - what happened?
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by christopher123(m): 6:12am On May 18, 2018
Emilokoiyawon:
cool But wait o! I thought Igbo Amaka - what happened?

They have been confused by the benin but we write them off anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
davidnazee:
Many of the names mentioned in the post sounds like Edo names..
because they are Edo.

Delta,river, Bayelsa don't listen to igbos and IPOB that only rant on social media

(1) (Reply)

Bibo Asiri Nla. / Is This How Rich They Have Become? / Even Masquerade Can Drink Stout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.