Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC (9215 Views)

AMAZON 30% TAX: How to Fill Your KDP, Merch, Etc. Tax Form as a Nigerian / CBN Fine 12 Banks N499b For Not Giving Out Loan To Customers / How To Register On Merch By Amazon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:07am On May 16, 2018
REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon [PICTURE]

How I was rejected by Merchy by Amazon twice and what I did differently on the third time to be accepted.

I must confess, I'm stubborn in a good way. Do you know what I mean? I mean: failure doesn't exist — only laziness does.

Typing...

2 Likes

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2018
People who hardly fail or get rejected in life easily get depressed the first time it happens to them. For those of us who are failure's best friends, we laugh when he knocks on our door. We know it's not permanent, but a lesson to be shared in the future.

Typing...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:10am On May 16, 2018
Sometimes, I love to fail once, twice, three times, or four times to enable me have a true story to tell. Succeeding instantly is not fun. I would want you to learn this attitude and your life will never remain the same. Trust me.

Typing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:10am On May 16, 2018
So, I stumbled on a thread here on Nairaland about Merch By Amazon some weeks ago. I love the idea of designing t-shirts. From the get go, people said it's hard to be approved. Being a stubborn child, I said: whether dem like am or not dey must approve me.

Typing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:16am On May 16, 2018
I logged into www.merch.amazon.com with my Amazon detail, filled my profile info, my Payoneer account info, and took my tax interview.

Now, it time to apply, so I wrote the application. It was long, lively, and funny. I filled in our website on the site box.

Typing...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2018
It's all set and done, so I crossed my legs and waited for a week to be approved. On the 7th day, I saw a message by Merch and I was excited. I opened it and saw:

Typing...

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2018
Rejection hurts — it crushes people's ego and enthusiasm in life. Unfortunately, it can't crush mine even in dating or in business.

Since I have two Amazon accounts, I used the second one and reapplied. This time around, I didn't write a long application and I didn't fill the website box.

After a week, I got the below message from Merch:

Typing...

1 Like

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2018
So, I have been rejected two times. I had to go back to my drawing board and studied where I went wrong.

In the second application, I used the same EIN number as my first rejected account and Amazon traced it.

I used the same address as my previously rejected account and Amazon traced it.

I used the same IP address and Amazon traced it.

I used the same Payoneer account and Amazon traced it.

I left the website space blank which is optional, but it's a red flag.

Typing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:19am On May 16, 2018
Now, on my third attempt, this is what I did.

I created a new Gmail account with my pen name. I used my second Payoneer details. I used my Nigerian address and phone number and most importantly, I cleared my browser's cache and used a VPN (VPN master).

Typing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:19am On May 16, 2018
After filing my details, it was time to write the application. The formula I used was KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid.

I hate to lie and trust me, lying is bad. In this case, I had no option than to lie. What did I lie about? I lied in my application.

Typing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by hisgrace090: 10:19am On May 16, 2018
And what happened next?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:21am On May 16, 2018
The lie is:

I told them my wife and I have been into blogging for many years and I'm a professional graphic designer. (I'm not married, so it's a lie. At the mention of the words "woman" or "wife" doors easily open.)

I told them we have been members of one of the biggest Merch groups on Facebook and we have learned a lot and it's time to take the bold step. (I'm not member of any Merch group.)

I told them we love this Merch program and we're excited to join. I told them we'll use our different platforms to promote our products which will bring buyers to Amazon for purchase. I concluded by telling them we're happily waiting their approval.

I would've loved to post my exact application letter, but some guys may do copy and paste which will be suspicious to Amazon.

Typing...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:21am On May 16, 2018
On the website box, I didn't leave it blank. I opened Google and grabbed a techy blog, checked it on Scamadviser to see if it has a good reputation, then used it as mine.

Since I used my main site on my first application, I decided not to use it again.

Before clicking the submit button, I said: God, don't disappoint me this time around. Amen!

Typing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:22am On May 16, 2018
I submitted and immediately opened Redbubble.com and created an account with them. I filled my Payoneer detail with my personal data. That same day, I uploaded my first text design on RB and guess what? I saw the image below.

Typing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:23am On May 16, 2018
Why why why? What have I done wrong with these POD sites? After some minutes, I turned my anger to smile and opened an account on Teespring.com.

With Teespring, I used a VPN and I was able to upload that image Redbubble used in suspending my account.

Typing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:23am On May 16, 2018
Within days, I was on a heavy profitable niche research journey. I watched more than 20 YouTube videos on how to succeed in the business.

I read lots of blog posts from experts and finally, I found the missing code after my exhaustive keyword and niche research.

At the end, I came up with 400 unique quotes on all the hot niches. They'll be outsourced to a graphic designer who doesn't know about Merch.

Typing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:24am On May 16, 2018
Today is the 7th day since my last application. I saw a message from Merch but my mind wasn't at rest because it's either an approval letter or a rejection letter. Anyway, I'm used to rejection, so I clicked it and saw:

Typing...

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 10:26am On May 16, 2018
Extra tip: The two applications that were rejected were through Yahoo mail. The last one was a Google mail. Amazon terminates people's accounts easily, so I'll create a new Gmail account and apply for another one.

If approved, I'll keep it as a backup in case of emergency. I always expect the best in life, but I never forget to put the worst in consideration.

My final advice: Persevere in any meaningful thing you engage in. Enya said, "Only Time." Winners never quit, but quint.

Until we realize at least 10 million from this project, it will never stop. No, I won't do all the work. I have already done my part. The rest (design) will probably be outsourced. Thomas Edison's formula.

Use this story in other aspects of your life and you'll always be victorious.

That is the end of my sweet rejection story.

Enjoy!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by gboxbaba(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2018
Cool
Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 12:55pm On May 16, 2018
Tax Interview.

For those who want to remove the 30% tax by Amazon, the answer is in the link below. Unfortunately, it costs 100k. But if you want to fill the interview form as a Nigerian, then it's free.

https://www.nairaland.com/4444875/30-amazon-tax-removal-ein

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by tmanis(m): 12:55pm On May 16, 2018
Please let's know when you get your redbubble account back... Got suspended too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by Sallymax: 1:00pm On May 16, 2018
I hardly read a post on this section that the writer shares more details about his journey with bad experience and how he fixed it without asking for mail or sharing some links

But you share an inspiring and informative post to help the readers.

If you ask me, l will say that from your determination , focus and active mindset, you will earn momoney from these platform.

Keep updating this post

And I wish you success

5 Likes

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by Chigorkizz(m): 1:10pm On May 16, 2018
You try abeg.

1 Like

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 11:12am On May 17, 2018
So, we started from $0.0 yesterday.

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 11:13am On May 17, 2018
That same yesterday, our first design was submitted.

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 11:18am On May 17, 2018
The magic is on the way. I don't know if I will post it or keep it a secret.

We are focused on 4 kinds of hot designs which are:
Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by Adasun(m): 11:01pm On May 17, 2018
Well done legend

1 Like

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by iLegendd(m): 2:04am On May 18, 2018
You see, the devil thinks he's smart. I uploaded my first design yesterday and hibernated my computer before going to bed. I woke this morning and tried to power it, but it refused.

I shut and powered it more than 5 times, yet no way. I laughed, dumped it and used my phone to design it online via www.canva.com, then resized it with www.resizeimage.net and uploaded on www.merch.amazon.com

After uploading it, the devil looked and me and said, "Shey, you're stubborn? I destroyed your computer so that you won't succeed in this business yet you went ahead and used your phone." And I'm like, "Nike. You haven't seen anything."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by Nobody: 10:03am On May 18, 2018
iLegendd:
You see, the devil thinks he's smart. I uploaded my first design yesterday and hibernated my computer before going to bed. I woke this morning and tried to power it, but it refused.

I shut and powered it more than 5 times, yet no way. I laughed, dumped it and used my phone to design it online via www.canva.com, then resized it with www.resizeimage.net and uploaded on www.merch.amazon.com

After uploading it, the devil looked and me and said, "Shey, you're stubborn? I destroyed your computer so that you won't succeed in this business yet you went ahead and used your phone." And I'm like, "Nike. You haven't seen anything."
brotherly bigger u I pray. Ahead Ahead that's the spirit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by Alwaysking: 11:09am On May 18, 2018
Congrats bro!

1 Like

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by DonX001: 6:57pm On May 18, 2018
iLegendd:

Guy, I absolutely like your spirit, determination and persistence.
That's the spirit that most people that actually make money online have.
Keep it up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: REJECTED: The Fun Of Not Giving Up: I Was Rejected Twice By Merch By Amazon PIC by ymarts: 7:50pm On May 18, 2018
iLegendd:

whats the required image size by merch?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The STB Mastercard Maestro: Credit and Debit Cards in Nigeria / Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? / Thread For Tony Elumelu Enterprenuership Foundation (TEEF) Alumni And Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.