Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

The Radio Waves Killer. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Radio Waves Killer. (555 Views)

Waves(a Touching Story) / The Radio Waves Killer. / The Radio Waves Killer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Radio Waves Killer. by Evaysays(f): 6:49pm On May 16, 2018
Chapter Three
Semilore Kilaso was what you'll refer to as unpredictable.
A professor at the University of Lagos, Psychology department. At first glance she looked like a normal house wife as her short stature often misled people, especially her students some of which often wondered why she was teaching.
Oh..did I forget to mention that Dr. S as nicked by her students was not a random professor, she even had her own private practice that stretched beyond the borders of Nigeria into North America.
Dr. S was an expert in mental disorders like Dissociative Identity Disorder, Schizophrenia,etc.
Today was like any day Dr. S was dressed conservatively but still managed to pass as sexy because of her rounded hips, fairly large bust and her usual cat- shaped glasses that was usually placed on the tips of her nose.
She was talking about Bipolar disorder,
"....most times the individual hardly knows they are in the manic stage sometimes they could be talking to you feeling extremely happy and the next (snapping her fingers to emphasize her point) they are extremely irritable or even depressed. During this phase the individual is usually hyperactive as the need for sleep is reduced. And in some cases there's the risk of suicide or self harm which takes us to Borderline personality disorder this is a heighted stage of bipolar disorder more of dissociative disorder also called multiple personality disorder. Here the mind of the person is extremey fragile which is why females are more likely to be diagnosed more than males, it's a thing of the mind, the emotional state I once treated a boy that had been abused sexually for years by his own mother from his early childhood to his teenage years. The boy had been cutting away the skin of his male organ (a chorus of gasps were heard in the room)....there was practically almost nothing left on him when i found him but today, today he's happily married. ( the class began to clap, but Dr. S held up her hands and as though frozen in space the students stopped clapping hands midair , the unmistakeable buzz of Dr.S phone was heard. Who could be calling her everyone thought, she was a no nonsense lecturer and her students knew better to cross her by turning on their phones in her class so well it was a surprise to find her own phone ringing and was even more surprising when she picked it up to check the caller ID. Semilore dreaded answering the call,
NBI: Nigerian Bureau of Investigation.
Sorry, i have to take this, her students who had been suspended in mid air finally got back into motion.
Hello, semilore began
We need your help Doctor, there has been a murder.

As usual Pelumi sat in her cluttered room typing away on her laptop it was a miracle how the laptop still existed. She'd been teased by her friends incessantly for its bulkiness but what could she do, it was hers and nobody else well literally her dads but she used it more than he did.
" Something just like this" was playing from a small red radio.
The distinct notification sound alerted me I had a new message in my gmail account(my face broke into a smile)
From Sizzlefm@gmail.com
Congratulations Ms. Badamassi, you've been recruited for the post of co anchor in our radio station. You are to come down to our office for debriefing on or before the 10th of March, 2017.
As though the radio read my mind 24k magic by Bruno Mars started playing I yelled and started dancing. It was sure a miracle how I managed to avoid the clutter swinging and swaying to the beat as i laughed loudly well I was not skinny for nothing.

I could laugh freely then, I had no troubles, I had no stalkers, I was just a new employee at a radio station.

Dr.S POV
This was the worst- scratch that most gruesome murder case I've ever been called to look at it took the grace of God and years of practice for me to not puke I was not the only one feeling the same way. Several NBIs were too, I did not go through medical school for nothing. Yes I studied psychology at Harvard and graduated the valedictorian of my set and I had my fair share of dead bodies or rather walking dead bodies.
Who was she? I asked
Det. Bonojo looked at me like was I serious?
When he saw i was not joking he answered, Evay was her stage name, her real name is Omolola Omikunle. You really don't know her he asked again incredulously.
I answered him with a blank stare.
You're weird he said.
I've been called worse I replied. So can I do my job now?
By all means, he gave a poor attempt at being courteous. (clapping he shouted , everyone out the Doctor wants to work, slowly they began filing out of the room till it was only Detective Bonojo and I left.)
I was about to touch the surface of her dressing table when Det.Bonojo grabbed my hand, I looked down at it like it was something foreign don't blame me i hated people touching me, I was not a psychiatrist for nothing I also had my own demons and one of them was Haphephobia; the fear of being touched. I could feel my palms getting sweaty and I fought the urge to rub the back of my neck.
I immediately snatched my hands back from him instead of moving away he stretched a pair of latex gloves to me.
We don't want your prints everywhere now do we?
Detective Bonojo said amused at my antics.
Snapping the gloves on was Dr. S reply to him.
The room was squeaky clean one wouldn't have known it was a murder scene save for the nude corpse tied to her dressing chair, the basket filled with origami flowers that lay intact on the bed, the radio near the bed and the absence of blood. Like the killer knew we were on to him so he made to sure to do his dirty job in the bathroom, a quick glance in showed me it was squeaky clean again. I wrote into my notepad:
Obsessive Compulsive disorder(OCD)
Moving close to the sightless body of Evay i examined her carefully noting the distict hole in the middle of her throat where her voicebox had once been. It looked frenzied unlike the neat almost surgically precise tear that ran from her under eye lid to either sides of her mouth. the looked like tear lines except they were bloodless and the well the eye balls had been pulled out of their sockets and I saw no sight of them.
Quirking my brow to Det.Touchy (i know i'm bad with nicknames but the nerve of him touching me and grinning).
He took them with him he said nonchalantly.
When i did not show any sign of understanding. He said; Seriously where have you been living?
Under a rock?
He said pointing to the deceased. She been threatened by a stalker on air a few months ago and he commented on her eyes how she looked at him hotly whenever she was live on Facebook. When i still did not understand he sighed heavily and took the fallen radio and played it for me.
Ohh.. can I get that later? i asked
Sure, he waved me back to work.
She died in agony her nerves sticking out against her forehead and the bloodless bruise on her head probably slapped across her forehead that was turning black, the burst lip, I knew she did not go down easy.
Moving coser to the corpse I noticed her legs had been tied such a way well her womanly parts were open to all who had eyes to see, I imagined the killer having his own private fun. I had no idea if it was before or post mortem so i asked the detective again.
Did she have a rape kit test done?
I have no idea, i'm a detective not a forescics scientist.
(I groaned inwardly and calmed myself you can do this its just like swiping a table)
I walked towards one of the open bags left by one of the forensics tem took a cotton swab and attached it to a scapel and well you all know what I had to do.
When I got it I noticed the dampness of the cotton but i did not say anything dumping it into a plastic bag and sealed it, I said we'll get this tested. I grabbed a sheet and covered her genital.
Glancing at the detective he had a look that said she's dead duuuh.
Respect the dead i muttered.

I walked around her corpse to her back and crouched noticing the smart move the stalker did he wiped all evidence of him being there but he forgot one tiny part.
Her nails, women loved aesthetic nails and Evay had one painted nude almost claw like she must've used it to scratch him or something taking out my file I dug out the small space where the fake nail was attached to the real nail and lucky me.....
A piece of ripped skin was wedged between them dropping it it a separate plastic bag i concealed it from view.
Standing up from my crouched position I asked the detective who was the first person to see her like this?
Her boyfriend. he said.
i want to have a chat with him. I said.
(motioning i follow him, we went down the stairs into a nicely furnished living room where he was seated looking lost and staring into blank space)
Hello I began
he looked up and stared at me as if he was not really seeing me.
he must've really loved her i thought to myself.
Hello, he managed to croak out
Can I ask you some questions? I asked again seating across him.
I've said everything I know to the police...he began.
I nodded, I know I'm Dr. Semilore Kilaso a psychologist. I sometimes help the NBI understand why things like this happen I said automatically answering his question.
he nodded, still looking at me warily.
I began so tell me about her, her habits, anything.
He had a ghost smile on his face as if remembering goodtimes. she was a good girl, she was mine(he ran his fingers through his hair) i don't understand why?
Why her?
I moved closer to him and held his palm in my hands they physical contact sometimes helped alleviate the pain. I pushed my own fears behind since it was working so I began again.
You must've really loved her.
Oh I did very much but she was just so stubborn she had really odd habits like binge eating at 3:00am on eba and other heavy meals,always surprising me how she still manage to sleep like a baby even after that(I laughed at that).
She stayed up really late too, it's like the darkness was a part of her she hardly ever opened her curtains and always had her windows closed.
What did you just say? I asked .
Austin began again looking confused, I said she always closed her window she hated being cold always padded around the house dressed in big clothes.
Detective Bonojo I roared startling the deceased boyfriend.
How did you think the killer got into the house I asked?
The door, he said after drugging him(pointing at Mr Bernard).
Oh my God I said running up the stairs. Confirming my fear;
The window was open.

Someone get the forensics team in here!

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook @Evaysays
Tumblr @ Tucklishbutts234.
#Evaysays

2 Likes

Re: The Radio Waves Killer. by TheUbermensch: 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Evaysays:
Chapter Three
Semilore Kilaso was what you'll refer to as unpredictable.
A professor at the University of Lagos, Psychology department. At first glance she looked like a normal house wife as her short stature often misled people, especially her students some of which often wondered why she was teaching.
Oh..did I forget to mention that Dr. S as nicked by her students was not a random professor, she even had her own private practice that stretched beyond the borders of Nigeria into North America.
Dr. S was an expert in mental disorders like Dissociative Identity Disorder, Schizophrenia,etc.
Today was like any day Dr. S was dressed conservatively but still managed to pass as sexy because of her rounded hips, fairly large bust and her usual cat- shaped glasses that was usually placed on the tips of her nose.
She was talking about Bipolar disorder,
"....most times the individual hardly knows they are in the manic stage sometimes they could be talking to you feeling extremely happy and the next (snapping her fingers to emphasize her point) they are extremely irritable or even depressed. During this phase the individual is usually hyperactive as the need for sleep is reduced. And in some cases there's the risk of suicide or self harm which takes us to Borderline personality disorder this is a heighted stage of bipolar disorder more of dissociative disorder also called multiple personality disorder. Here the mind of the person is extremey fragile which is why females are more likely to be diagnosed more than males, it's a thing of the mind, the emotional state I once treated a boy that had been abused sexually for years by his own mother from his early childhood to his teenage years. The boy had been cutting away the skin of his male organ (a chorus of gasps were heard in the room)....there was practically almost nothing left on him when i found him but today, today he's happily married. ( the class began to clap, but Dr. S held up her hands and as though frozen in space the students stopped clapping hands midair , the unmistakeable buzz of Dr.S phone was heard. Who could be calling her everyone thought, she was a no nonsense lecturer and her students knew better to cross her by turning on their phones in her class so well it was a surprise to find her own phone ringing and was even more surprising when she picked it up to check the caller ID. Semilore dreaded answering the call,
NBI: Nigerian Bureau of Investigation.
Sorry, i have to take this, her students who had been suspended in mid air finally got back into motion.
Hello, semilore began
We need your help Doctor, there has been a murder.

As usual Pelumi sat in her cluttered room typing away on her laptop it was a miracle how the laptop still existed. She'd been teased by her friends incessantly for its bulkiness but what could she do, it was hers and nobody else well literally her dads but she used it more than he did.
" Something just like this" was playing from a small red radio.
The distinct notification sound alerted me I had a new message in my gmail account(my face broke into a smile)
From Sizzlefm@gmail.com
Congratulations Ms. Badamassi, you've been recruited for the post of co anchor in our radio station. You are to come down to our office for debriefing on or before the 10th of March, 2017.
As though the radio read my mind 24k magic by Bruno Mars started playing I yelled and started dancing. It was sure a miracle how I managed to avoid the clutter swinging and swaying to the beat as i laughed loudly well I was not skinny for nothing.

I could laugh freely then, I had no troubles, I had no stalkers, I was just a new employee at a radio station.

Dr.S POV
This was the worst- scratch that most gruesome murder case I've ever been called to look at it took the grace of God and years of practice for me to not puke I was not the only one feeling the same way. Several NBIs were too, I did not go through medical school for nothing. Yes I studied psychology at Harvard and graduated the valedictorian of my set and I had my fair share of dead bodies or rather walking dead bodies.
Who was she? I asked
Det. Bonojo looked at me like was I serious?
When he saw i was not joking he answered, Evay was her stage name, her real name is Omolola Omikunle. You really don't know her he asked again incredulously.
I answered him with a blank stare.
You're weird he said.
I've been called worse I replied. So can I do my job now?
By all means, he gave a poor attempt at being courteous. (clapping he shouted , everyone out the Doctor wants to work, slowly they began filing out of the room till it was only Detective Bonojo and I left.)
I was about to touch the surface of her dressing table when Det.Bonojo grabbed my hand, I looked down at it like it was something foreign don't blame me i hated people touching me, I was not a psychiatrist for nothing I also had my own demons and one of them was Haphephobia; the fear of being touched. I could feel my palms getting sweaty and I fought the urge to rub the back of my neck.
I immediately snatched my hands back from him instead of moving away he stretched a pair of latex gloves to me.
We don't want your prints everywhere now do we?
Detective Bonojo said amused at my antics.
Snapping the gloves on was Dr. S reply to him.
The room was squeaky clean one wouldn't have known it was a murder scene save for the nude corpse tied to her dressing chair, the basket filled with origami flowers that lay intact on the bed, the radio near the bed and the absence of blood. Like the killer knew we were on to him so he made to sure to do his dirty job in the bathroom, a quick glance in showed me it was squeaky clean again. I wrote into my notepad:
Obsessive Compulsive disorder(OCD)
Moving close to the sightless body of Evay i examined her carefully noting the distict hole in the middle of her throat where her voicebox had once been. It looked frenzied unlike the neat almost surgically precise tear that ran from her under eye lid to either sides of her mouth. the looked like tear lines except they were bloodless and the well the eye balls had been pulled out of their sockets and I saw no sight of them.
Quirking my brow to Det.Touchy (i know i'm bad with nicknames but the nerve of him touching me and grinning).
He took them with him he said nonchalantly.
When i did not show any sign of understanding. He said; Seriously where have you been living?
Under a rock?
He said pointing to the deceased. She been threatened by a stalker on air a few months ago and he commented on her eyes how she looked at him hotly whenever she was live on Facebook. When i still did not understand he sighed heavily and took the fallen radio and played it for me.
Ohh.. can I get that later? i asked
Sure, he waved me back to work.
She died in agony her nerves sticking out against her forehead and the bloodless bruise on her head probably slapped across her forehead that was turning black, the burst lip, I knew she did not go down easy.
Moving coser to the corpse I noticed her legs had been tied such a way well her womanly parts were open to all who had eyes to see, I imagined the killer having his own private fun. I had no idea if it was before or post mortem so i asked the detective again.
Did she have a rape kit test done?
I have no idea, i'm a detective not a forescics scientist.
(I groaned inwardly and calmed myself you can do this its just like swiping a table)
I walked towards one of the open bags left by one of the forensics tem took a cotton swab and attached it to a scapel and well you all know what I had to do.
When I got it I noticed the dampness of the cotton but i did not say anything dumping it into a plastic bag and sealed it, I said we'll get this tested. I grabbed a sheet and covered her genital.
Glancing at the detective he had a look that said she's dead duuuh.
Respect the dead i muttered.

I walked around her corpse to her back and crouched noticing the smart move the stalker did he wiped all evidence of him being there but he forgot one tiny part.
Her nails, women loved aesthetic nails and Evay had one painted nude almost claw like she must've used it to scratch him or something taking out my file I dug out the small space where the fake nail was attached to the real nail and lucky me.....
A piece of ripped skin was wedged between them dropping it it a separate plastic bag i concealed it from view.
Standing up from my crouched position I asked the detective who was the first person to see her like this?
Her boyfriend. he said.
i want to have a chat with him. I said.
(motioning i follow him, we went down the stairs into a nicely furnished living room where he was seated looking lost and staring into blank space)
Hello I began
he looked up and stared at me as if he was not really seeing me.
he must've really loved her i thought to myself.
Hello, he managed to croak out
Can I ask you some questions? I asked again seating across him.
I've said everything I know to the police...he began.
I nodded, I know I'm Dr. Semilore Kilaso a psychologist. I sometimes help the NBI understand why things like this happen I said automatically answering his question.
he nodded, still looking at me warily.
I began so tell me about her, her habits, anything.
He had a ghost smile on his face as if remembering goodtimes. she was a good girl, she was mine(he ran his fingers through his hair) i don't understand why?
Why her?
I moved closer to him and held his palm in my hands they physical contact sometimes helped alleviate the pain. I pushed my own fears behind since it was working so I began again.
You must've really loved her.
Oh I did very much but she was just so stubborn she had really odd habits like binge eating at 3:00am on eba and other heavy meals,always surprising me how she still manage to sleep like a baby even after that(I laughed at that).
She stayed up really late too, it's like the darkness was a part of her she hardly ever opened her curtains and always had her windows closed.
What did you just say? I asked .
Austin began again looking confused, I said she always closed her window she hated being cold always padded around the house dressed in big clothes.
Detective Bonojo I roared startling the deceased boyfriend.
How did you think the killer got into the house I asked?
The door, he said after drugging him(pointing at Mr Bernard).
Oh my God I said running up the stairs. Confirming my fear;
The window was open.

Someone get the forensics team in here!

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook @Evaysays
Tumblr @ Tucklishbutts234.
#Evaysays

Hey. This is Leon.

I don't know when you may see this. But just know that I'm so sorry for everything that happened.
Re: The Radio Waves Killer. by michael123pelemo(m): 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
hello, this going great, please update.

(1) (Reply)

Déjà Vu - A Short Story / Lost Glory Of The Literature Section. / SEO Optimized Content Writers Needed For A Long Term.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.