Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,573 members, 7,816,411 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (1148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1599800 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (4136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:19am On Oct 09, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
That's why I like you even though we are on the opposite side of the spectrum. When Bush Jnr started the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan, American economy was ok not great but after US was spending $5 billion weekly for years on the wars, the economy started collapsing and the body bags coming from Iraq and Afghanistan turned Americans against the war and that's when Dow Jones, Nasdaq and SP started fumbling and Down Jones came down to 6.000 points from about 14.000 points and the Blue Chips companies were going bankrupt. That's when yours truly was scared to death because in America, our 401k is our lifeline to our comfortable retirement. Obama came in Jan 2009 and did the right thing and the stock market rose up with Dow Jones went all the way to over 18.400 points which Trump inherited from Obama.

That movement from 6 to 18k indicates all round growth.
When the dow gains, everyone gains including 401K's.
As for Obama, I really do not credit him with that growth. No increase in shovel ready jobs, low interest rates of 0% , I always felt he was only good with words and looks but not real underlying substance.Kinda felt
he was more concerned about a political first the likes of Martin Luther to satisfy his ego.Thats for another day. It seemed to me he had no idea of what would set him apart from any other previous president, hence his disgust at Trump for rolling back and eliminating his policies.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 5:28am On Oct 09, 2020
Hush your mouth boy. What the fcvk do you know about the economy of US. Just spitting garbage as usual. Google is your friend and it's there for you to compare Obama's economic achievements with Trump.
basilico:

That movement from 6 to 18k indicates all round growth.
When the dow gains, everyone gains including 401K's.
As for Obama, I really do not credit him with that growth. No increase in shovel ready jobs, low interest rates of 0% , I always felt he was only good with words and looks but not real underlying substance.Kinda felt
he was more concerned about a political first the likes of Martin Luther to satisfy his ego.Thats for another day. It seemed to me he had no idea of what would set him apart from any other previous president, hence his disgust at Trump for rolling back and eliminating his policies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 09, 2020

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 09, 2020

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 09, 2020
Democrats are averagely brilliant.

Pete nailing it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrS3QIfw_LQ

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:46am On Oct 09, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Hush your mouth boy. What the fcvk do you know about the economy of US. Just spitting garbage as usual. Google is your friend and it's there for you to compare Obama's economic achievements with Trump.

It appears that you can cut off your nose to spite your face
We call Obama Zero for a reason. He did zilzh in real terms.
If he was a gentleman he is said to be , he would have facilitated a smooth transition after he lost the 2016. Yea Obama lost the 2016 elections not Hillary. Had he been the charismatic leader so loved by all He would not have lost the house and senate in 8 years before losing the presidency.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 09, 2020

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2020
Celebs including Sarah Silverman, Tiffany Haddish, and Chris Rock are stripping down to bring attention to naked ballots and encourage voters to follow vote-by-mail instructions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WprmBtiVUIw

I am just loving the awareness.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Futuragetty: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2020
There are two former Republicans whose profound
intellect and command of the language I respect. They
are George Will and Steve Schmidt. Trump tried
attacking Steve (head of the Lincoln Project and
former Campaign Manager for John McCain) on Twitter
and he got skewered. Read Steve's response below.

“You’ve never beaten me at anything. This is our
first dance. Did you like, Covita? We are so much better at this than your team of crooks, wife beaters,
degenerates, weirdos and losers.
You are losing. We heard you loved Evita. You saw it so many times. Where will you live out your years in
disgrace? Will you buy Jeffrey Epstein’s island? One
last extra special deal from him? Or will you be drooling on yourself in a suite at Walter Reed? Maybe you will be in prison?
I bet you fear that. The Manhattan District Attorney
may not be around to cover for you or your crooked
kids anymore. Eliza Orlins doesn’t believe in different sets of rules for the Trumps. What about the State Attorney General? You know what you’ve done.

Oh, Donald. Who do you owe almost $500 million in
personally guaranteed loans to? It's all coming down.
You think you and your disgusting family are going to
be in deal-flow next year? Are you really that
delusional?
You are lucky Chris Wallace interrupted you after Joe Biden said you weren’t smart. You started to melt down. That’s the place that hurts the most. Right? Fred Sr., knew it. You’ve spent your whole life proving it. You aren’t very smart. You couldn’t take the SAT on your own. What was the real score? 970? We both know you know.
Are the steroids wearing off? Is the euphoria fading?
Do you feel foggy? Tired? Do you ache? How is the
breathing? Hmmm. Are you watching TV today? We will
have some nice surprises for you. Everyone is laughing at you. You are a joke. A splendid slowpoke turned deadly clown.
Did you watch Martha McSally in her debate against
American hero, fighter pilot, test pilot, astronaut Capt.
Mark Kelly? She is so embarrassed by you. She is
ashamed and full of self-loathing for the choice she
made in following you over the cliff. She is in free fall
noa w. She will lose, like most of them, because of you.
We hear from the White House and the campaign
everyday. The very day trying you. They are looking to get out alive and salvage careers and their names.
It’s Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner vs. Donald
Trump Jr., and Kimberly Guilfoyle on the inside. They
are at war over scraps and who gets to command what
will be the remnants of your rancid cult.
It’s almost over now. You are the greatest failure in
American history. You are the worst president in
American history. Disgrace will always precede your
name. Your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will grow up ashamed of their names.
One day, I suppose there will be some small and not-
a much-visited lA library that bears your name. It will be the type of place where a drunk walks by, staring at the wall for a minute, before deciding it is beneath his
dignity to piss on. That’s what is waiting for you.
Joe Biden is a better man. He’s smarter. He’s
winning.
Do you remember when you didn’t want to name
Donald Trump Jr., Donald because you were worried
about him being a loser named Donald? You were right
about that. He is.
But it is you who will be remembered as America’s
greatest loser. You will be crushed in the election!”

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 7:20am On Oct 09, 2020
You are one sick dude who needs attention to breath. Go back to your cave and deal with your local politics and the Thieflicians that are ruining your country. Your post makes no sense. There's a reason Obama won overwhelmingly twice both in popular and electoral votes and I don't expect a villager like you who never step out of Nigeria to comprehend that. Crawl back in your unlit cave please.
basilico:

It appears that you can cut off your nose to spite your face
We call Obama Zero for a reason. He did zilzh in real terms.
If he was a gentleman he is said to be , he would have facilitated a smooth transition after he lost the 2016. Yea Obama lost the 2016 elections not Hillary. Had he been the charismatic leader so loved by all He would not have lost the house and senate in 8 years before losing the presidency.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kophschmerzenii: 7:31am On Oct 09, 2020
The whole story about the Harry Reid rule change.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1314336073296814080?s=19

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:32am On Oct 09, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Celebs including Sarah Silverman, Tiffany Haddish, and Chris Rock are stripping down to bring attention to naked ballots and encourage voters to follow vote-by-mail instructions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WprmBtiVUIw

I am just loving the awareness.

Did you ever hear about the Golden Globe awards 2020 hosted by Rick Gervais.

.“You know nothing about the real world.
Most of you spent less time in school
than Greta Thunberg.”

I believed him then, I still do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR6UeVptzRg&feature=youtu.bea

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 09, 2020
"In the United States, our leaders have failed that test. They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy."​

"We rarely publish editorials signed by all the editors," said Dr. Eric Rubin, editor-in-chief of the medical journal and an author of the new editorial.

"This crisis has produced a test of leadership. With no good options to combat a novel pathogen, countries were forced to make hard choices about how to respond. Here in the United States, our leaders have failed that test. They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy," the editorial says.

"Anyone else who recklessly squandered lives and money in this way would be suffering legal consequences. Our leaders have largely claimed immunity for their actions. But this election gives us the power to render judgment,"

"The reason we've never published an editorial about elections is we're not a political journal and I don't think that we want to be a political journal -- but the issue here is around fact, not around opinion. There have been many mistakes made that were not only foolish but reckless and I think we want people to realize that there are truths here, not just opinions," Rubin said.

"For example, masks work. Social distancing works. Quarantine and isolation work. They're not opinions. Deciding not to use them is maybe a political decision but trying to suggest that they're not real is imaginary and dangerous," he said. "We don't have the right leaders for this epidemic. I think we need better leadership."

https://abc13.com/6863100/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_TW&taid=5f8005cf53c9a00001f37717&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 09, 2020

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:05am On Oct 09, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
You are one sick dude who needs attention to breath. Go back to your cave and deal with your local politics and the Thieflicians that are ruining your country. Your post makes no sense. There's a reason Obama won overwhelmingly twice both in popular and electoral votes and I don't expect a villager like you who never step out of Nigeria to comprehend that. Crawl back in your unlit cave please.

Obama played the racist card to the hilt. If you attacked him, the whole world would scream racist.
Im also a racist since I was vocal in some other fora attacking him.
The only going thing for him was that he os black.
He lost the house and the senate within 8 years.

What does that indicate if his policies were good.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 09, 2020

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ZooOga: 8:09am On Oct 09, 2020
In Philadelphia, Democrats embrace early voting - Trump's bugbear

AFP
Catherine TRIOMPHE

AFP•October 9, 2020

https://news.yahoo.com/philadelphia-democrats-embrace-early-voting-053117061.html

"bug·bear
/ˈbəɡˌber/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a cause of obsessive fear, irritation, or loathing."

Over a hundred people lined up in front of Philadelphia City Hall on October 7 to cast their "mail-in ballots" ahead of the November 3 presidential election

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:17am On Oct 09, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
"In the United States, our leaders have failed that test. They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy."​

"We rarely publish editorials signed by all the editors," said Dr. Eric Rubin, editor-in-chief of the medical journal and an author of the new editorial.

"This crisis has produced a test of leadership. With no good options to combat a novel pathogen, countries were forced to make hard choices about how to respond. Here in the United States, our leaders have failed that test. They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy," the editorial says.

"Anyone else who recklessly squandered lives and money in this way would be suffering legal consequences. Our leaders have largely claimed immunity for their actions. But this election gives us the power to render judgment,"

"The reason we've never published an editorial about elections is we're not a political journal and I don't think that we want to be a political journal -- but the issue here is around fact, not around opinion. There have been many mistakes made that were not only foolish but reckless and I think we want people to realize that there are truths here, not just opinions," Rubin said.

"For example, masks work. Social distancing works. Quarantine and isolation work. They're not opinions. Deciding not to use them is maybe a political decision but trying to suggest that they're not real is imaginary and dangerous," he said. "We don't have the right leaders for this epidemic. I think we need better leadership."

https://abc13.com/6863100/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_TW&taid=5f8005cf53c9a00001f37717&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

On masks Trump should have fired this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLNBw7XCM4Q

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 09, 2020

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2020
"This has turned into the least ideological election in recent times. The campaign has largely shrunk down from grand ideological issues to two practical problems: How to get rid of Donald Trump. How to beat Covid-19,"

David Brooks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OjoMadiba: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2020
donjazet:
Coronavirusrelo, common will you bombard these trumptards will all the latest mighty poll numbers. grin grin Shock them all. grin grin

Polls? Funny, If Biden is winning all the polls, (As you all claim) why is crazy Nancy desperate to remove the president with the 25th amendment, she for wait Na, Elections is less than 25 days away, Just wait for is coming in November.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 09, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2020
OjoMadiba:

Polls? Funny, If Biden is winning all the polls, (As you all claim) why is crazy Nancy desperate to remove the president with the 25th amendment, she for wait Na, Elections is less than 25 days away, Just wait for is coming in November.
The only thing coming in November is Trump's election defeat.

Why do you think he is desperate he knows he is losing don't you see his tweets yelling and spreading lies up and down he is no longer attacking mail ballots you wonder why?
Also the dummy just cemented his loss in Michigan by attacking the governor again and not condemning the attacks but is waiting for a thank you.
Lol.
The Americans in America know Trump is losing better wake up and face reality.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OjoMadiba: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

The only thing coming in November is Trump's election defeat.

Why do you think he is desperate he knows he is losing don't you see his tweets yelling and spreading lies up and down he is no longer attacking mail ballots you wonder why?
Also the dummy just cemented his loss in Michigan by attacking the governor again and not condemning the attacks but is waiting for a thank you.
Lol.
The Americans in America know Trump is losing better wake up and face reality.

The president will win Michigan By a lot..

No wahala, you don talk your own, Let’s see on November 4th

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sexylassie2(f): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2020
salford:

Rubbish. Trickle down economics.
You must think we are in the 19th century cheesy

You know nothing. Tax cut encourages retirement savings and business innovation. I am sure your biased mind wint allow you to see that.

President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) into law on Dec. 22 2017.

Tax rate for corporate bodies drop to 21% while for individuals.The top rate fell from 39.6% to 37%, while the 33% bracket dropped to 32%, the 28% bracket to 24%, the 25% bracket to 22%, and the 15% bracket to 12%.

65% of Americans benefitted from tax cut thanks to the new code.

Anybody that says taxcut is evil does not know anything about economics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sexylassie2(f): 9:11am On Oct 09, 2020
wirinet:

In the short run. Tax cut is like subsidy. You kick the deficit can down the road, until your debt catches up on you. With a national debt of $26 trillion and a budget deficit of $3 trillion, the US should be more responsible with tax cuts.

Tax cut are not like subsidy and they are not subsidies.

Tax cut benefitted both corporate and individuals.

If my tax is cut, i will have mire savings in my account also businesses can use the tax cut to innovate and create more jobs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:14am On Oct 09, 2020
OjoMadiba:

The democrats use Obama leftist judges to pass laws that work to their advantage .Appeals courts including the Supreme court have struck down laws that benefit the democrats and throw the elections into a disarray.
eg Nov 9 mailin ballot acceptance was struck down.
These judges do not want to be blamed for the civil war if it erupts.

The judicial shortcuts are being cut off.
Pelosi has to get another red herring to get rid of Trump.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:19am On Oct 09, 2020
sexylassie2:

You know nothing. Tax cut encourages retirement savings and business innovation. I am sure your biased mind wint allow you to see that.

President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) into law on Dec. 22 2017.

Tax rate for corporate bodies drop to 21% while for individuals.The top rate fell from 39.6% to 37%, while the 33% bracket dropped to 32%, the 28% bracket to 24%, the 25% bracket to 22%, and the 15% bracket to 12%.

65% of Americans benefitted from tax cut thanks to the new code.

Anybody that says taxcut is evil does not know anything about economics.

Sonoflincoln wants the Obama era tax rates restored

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OjoMadiba: 9:21am On Oct 09, 2020
basilico:

The democrats use Obama leftist judges to pass laws that work to their advantage .Appeals courts including the Supreme court have struck down laws that benefit the democrats and throw the elections into a disarray.
eg Nov 9 mailin ballot acceptance was struck down.
These judges do not want to be blamed for the civil war if it erupts.

The judicial shortcuts are being cut off.
Pelosi has to get another red herring to get rid of Trump.

She can’t get rid of him, No Way! they have played all their cards, none worked,

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2020
WH doctor says Trump on track to go back to “public engagements” on Saturday

CDC guidelines states otherwise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2020
cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pryme(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2020
Timiofak:

Mr man, what I am saying that is the basic way to curb the virus, if you have it, stay in your house. He wants to debate in person obviously if he is still positive, that is more or less breaking CDC rules, but if he is tested negative fine, but as at now only the insane would debate with him that way

The debate is the 15th of Oct, by then testing should be mandatory (following CDC guidelines).

There is still another debate on the 22 of Oct, am curious to see what happens then.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (4136) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.