Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,043 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (1180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1700556 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (4181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
Here are some questions I hope get asked of Judge Barrett:

What exactly do you mean by "The Kingdom of God," and how do you perceive members of the bar building it, as you have advised graduates at Notre Dame?

President Trump has stated that he wants you confirmed because he expects you to support him in suits involving the current election. Given this, why would you not recuse in any of these proceedings?

You are on record opposing abortion. Do you feel that a woman's bodily autonomy is unconstitutional? Is this not a civil rights question?

Do you feel that personal morality is a compelling force in making decisions that effect the lives of all people?

You have said that you try to see through the eyes of those you are deciding against. What do you see through the eyes of someone who has been denied health care insurance because the protections of preexisting conditions have been stripped away with the ACA?

Do you personally feel comfortable having your nomination and confirmation to the bench rushed through in the middle of election now in process?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Are you watching the confirmation?

see senator Klobuchar attacking like a mad dog

If dems take the Senate, I'll advise they make her the majority leader, she is a brute force.

And even about the Supreme Court striking abortion down, if it does happen. Democratic States would pass, individual laws for it, so those in red states I am sorry.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sonoflincoln or prideoflincoln1, your name is a lie because there's no way a son or pride of Lincoln will be behaving like you. Son of Antifa is a more accurate name for you cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Talking as a true legal luminary. She will be confirmed and the onus will be on Democrats when they get back the Senate to go for Puerto Rico and District of Columbia to become the two newest States like Hawaii and Alaska over 50 years ago.
PDPGuy:
Here are some questions I hope get asked of Judge Barrett:

What exactly do you mean by "The Kingdom of God," and how do you perceive members of the bar building it, as you have advised graduates at Notre Dame?

President Trump has stated that he wants you confirmed because he expects you to support him in suits involving the current election. Given this, why would you not recuse in any of these proceedings?

You are on record opposing abortion. Do you feel that a woman's bodily autonomy is unconstitutional? Is this not a civil rights question?

Do you feel that personal morality is a compelling force in making decisions that effect the lives of all people?

You have said that you try to see through the eyes of those you are deciding against. What do you see through the eyes of someone who has been denied health care insurance because the protections of preexisting conditions have been stripped away with the ACA?

Do you personally feel comfortable having your nomination and confirmation to the bench rushed through in the middle of election now in process?

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
Timiofak:
Are you watching the confirmation?

see senator Klobuchar attacking like a mad dog

If dems take the Senate, I'll advise they make her the majority leader, she is a brute force.

And even about the Supreme Court striking abortion down, if it does happen. Democratic States would pass, individual laws for it, so those in red states I am sorry.
You forgot to add that the so called mad dog has no teeth, it's powerless cheesy

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
itchie:
Sonoflincoln or prideoflincoln1, your name is a lie because there's no way a son or pride of Lincoln will be behaving like you. Son of Antifa is a more accurate name for you cheesy
I can't blame you for your lunacy. Son of Lincoln comes from the ideas that The Great Abbey Lincoln was the first native born Illinoisans to become the US President and him being the Great Emancipator that he was, our State of Illinois was named Land of Lincoln and we were proud of him hence SonofLicoln but I do not expect a cultist from a cave hole to understand that.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
Timiofak:

Reading the stats, they don't know a lot of things affected Hillary.

First, she is a woman, a high proportion of u.s population are misogynistic

Secondly, suburban women hated her for a sticking with her husband after the whole cheating fiasco

Thirdly she was hated around the country because of that stupid beghanzi propaganda

and 6% of voters voted for a third party, highest since 1996, shows how undecided people were

Lastly, people underestimated trump in 2016, no chance for that, now.

And Biden has always been centre-left, in all other countries, Biden would be considered right-winged or moderate at best.

Make them dey find enthusiasm wey no lost. Dems have won the popular votes in 6 of the last 7 elections

no be numbers be there problem, na swing States them wan secure.
Gbam.

Pryme read this up these are facts not hearsay.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
itchie:

You forgot to add that the so called mad dog has no teeth, it's powerless cheesy

Klobuchar Powerless?

is it crack or weed?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pryme(m): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
sexylassie2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbozDBM67lY

I am voting for trump

A 10000 likes for this video.

I guess its too late for the Dems, The Black community are no longer asleep grin grin

With this video, am done arguing with the libs.
That ship has sailed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
Timiofak:

They cannot do anything to mail-in ballots

Nothing at all, ask why?, soldiers abroad vote with it, it has been going on for more than 200 years, even trump personally appointed the post master, throwing it out is like throwing out 20% of peoples voice.
That guy is so high on kool aid

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
I can't blame you for your lunacy. Son of Lincoln comes from the ideas that The Great Abbey Lincoln was the first native born Illinoisans to become the US President and him being the Great Emancipator that he was, our State of Illinois was named Land of Lincoln and we were proud of him hence SonofLicoln but I do not expect a cultist from a cave hole to understand that.

Many of them don't understand, do they think Donnie has Lincoln values?

Lincoln would have gone to war against people like him.

Lincoln believed all humans are equal, which is currently what libs are fighting for

equal rights for every single person.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Hey son of Antifa keep quiet!!
Sssshhhh, Nobody cares for all these your long stories.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

That guy is so high on kool aid
Cultists are known to drink their Orange Kool Aid laced with a dose of cyanide. At least the over 900 cultists that died with Jim Jones knew what they gained but these impoverished cultists do not have anything to point to with their idolatry of the worthless Pig.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
pryme:

I guess its too late for the Dems, The Black community are no longer asleep grin grin

That ship has sailed.
Ah cheesy
We got to find out that Candace Owens gave financial incentives to misplaced priority people who were not a 100% black or up to the 2000 expected guest at the white house on saturday.
So you truly believe that there is something called blexit and that it is massive so in your small mind you think that Trumpolini will get up to 10% of votes from black voters cheesy oh my goodness
The same blacks that are worst hit by covid and unemployment will open their eyes and vote Trump are you okay? undecided

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
Timiofak:

Many of them don't understand, do they think Donnie has Lincoln values?

Lincoln would have gone to war against people like him.

Lincoln believed all humans are equal, which is currently what libs are fighting for

equal rights for every single person.
Poverty has a way of affecting some people way of thinking. When struggling Black guys in Africa can waive the flags of Nazis, Klans and Skinheads, that's the ultimate form of Stockholm Syndrome coupled with incurable lunacy.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Talking as a true legal luminary. She will be confirmed and the onus will be on Democrats when they get back the Senate to go for Puerto Rico and District of Columbia to become the two newest States like Hawaii and Alaska over 50 years ago.

Yes, the road to her confirmation is clear, but we still need her to answer some tough questions.

Moreover, I’ll ask these additional questions

“Courts are not designed to solve every problem or right every wrong in our public life.”--Judge Amy Coney Barrett in her prepared statement to be delivered to the Senate's Committee on the Judiciary on Monday, October 12, 2020.

So, Judge Barrett, does that mean that Supreme Court decisions such as:

(a) Brown vs. Topeka, which ruled that "separate but equal" was unconstitutional; that black American citizens had no right to protest their apartheid existence in America and should not have been adjucated? or

(b) Roe vs. Wade, which ruled that a woman had a right to an abortion? or

(c) Obergefell vs. Hodges, which ruled that same-sex couples could indeed marry and be afforded the same rights and protections as "traditional" married couples?

These are just three Supreme Court cases, "settled law" in the words of recently-minted Justice Brett Kavanaugh, that you would, if you could, remove legal protections from minorities, women, and the LGBTQ communities--just to name a few-- because you think that these historically aggrieved, marginalized and menaced people (by a hostile majority) had no standing to bring their cases before the law?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pryme(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
sexylassie2:
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris hold a rally in Arizona but no one shows up.

No I think they wanted few people because of the Virus grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
pryme:

That ship has sailed.
The ship has sailed but the sheep don't know it yet cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
Timiofak:

Klobuchar Powerless?

is it crack or weed?
Very powerless, she can't do anything to stop the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
The tone that Trumpanzees will be singing in 22 days will be the ones worst than lamentations grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
In few hours, the Spreader in Chief will be on his way to Florida to spread Trumpvirus to the uneducated, toothless Nazis that will fill his Hate Rally. I hope they all go the way of Herman Cain. The more he spreads his virus, the better it is for Americans who wants him out.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
sexylassie2:
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris hold a rally in Arizona but no one shows up.
And some lunatics are here dreaming of Arizona turning blue.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
AmazonTopaz:
The tone that Trumpanzees will be singing in 22 days will be the ones worst than lamentations grin
Their new mantra will be that the election is rigged. They are following the lead of the worthless and inept Pig they worship.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
Their new mantra will be that the election is rigged. They are following the lead of the worthless and inept Pig they worship.
When Trumpolini loses convincingly even the line of rigged election won't stick grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
itchie:

And some lunatics are here dreaming of Arizona turning blue.
It will.
Quote me after Nov 3

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
Whenever right-wing people ask what Biden has done in 47 years, It irritates me

Dude, a senator job is to vote on laws, and pass it, that's all

Let me reverse and ask, till Moscow Mitch became majority leader, what did he do with all his years in the senate, he became majority leader 30 years after being in office, that 30 years what did he do.

They keep talking about the crime bill, like it just picked up innocent black people and jail them. There was a surge of violence in the ’The 90s that needed to be cobbed, the bill contained statues for hate crimes, sex crimes, gang-related crimes. The bill did affect the blacks a lot, not anyone's fault but there fault, gang violence among blacks was so much that something needed to be done, that same bill also made it compulsory for registering of sex offenders by states (I thought you all claim dems are pedos), it passed the Senate 93-4, shows Republicans actually loved the bill, also this same biden passed the violence against women's act,

Y'all are trying to painting him soft on crime and also trying to paint him to tough on crime

what is your point?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
You are absolutely correct. I do not want the Democrats on Judiciary committee to give her a pass. They all know she's a hard right wing conservative that won't mind to overturn all the civil rights gained but the numbers are against us and that's why I said there's a way Democrats can get back to
Republicons when they get back the Senate and that's by putting PR and DC on Statehood line.
PDPGuy:

Yes, the road to her confirmation is clear, but we still need her to answer some tough questions.

Moreover, I’ll ask these additional questions

“Courts are not designed to solve every problem or right every wrong in our public life.”--Judge Amy Coney Barrett in her prepared statement to be delivered to the Senate's Committee on the Judiciary on Monday, October 12, 2020.

So, Judge Barrett, does that mean that Supreme Court decisions such as:

(a) Brown vs. Topeka, which ruled that "separate but equal" was unconstitutional; that black American citizens had no right to protest their apartheid existence in America and should not have been adjucated? or

(b) Roe vs. Wade, which ruled that a woman had a right to an abortion? or

(c) Obergefell vs. Hodges, which ruled that same-sex couples could indeed marry and be afforded the same rights and protections as "traditional" married couples?

These are just three Supreme Court cases, "settled law" in the words of recently-minted Justice Brett Kavanaugh, that you would, if you could, remove legal protections from minorities, women, and the LGBTQ communities--just to name a few-- because you think that these historically aggrieved, marginalized and menaced people (by a hostile majority) had no standing to bring their cases before the law?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

It will.
Quote me after Nov 3

I don't even care about Arizona

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pryme(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Timiofak:

What stupid enthusiasm, lmao. I have told you, they don't need enthusiasm, watch the space.

You must approve of someone before you give that person your vote.

This the definition of ENTHUSIASM - intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval,

How do you persuade people to vote for you?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
itchie:

Very powerless, she can't do anything to stop the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court.

So that makes her powerless, what a deluded human being.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

I personally don't think Texas will turn blue this cycle but give it till 2028 it will turn blue what I am mostly concerned about is the Texas house and dems winning down ballot and I am glad that many are voting dems from down to bottom.

Texas early voting starts tomorrow if there is a large turnout I will believe it but I think Texas will be close if it goes blue this cycle I will be flabbergasted.

Early voting in Georgia

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315622800204402701

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315662020453240833

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315633526394572800

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Timiofak:

I don't even care about Arizona
I do and Biden will win Arizona. Don't listen to the cultists who are blind to the truth of how elections are in America. We do not pass brown envelopes for votes here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (4181) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: budaatum, Obrigardo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.