Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (1797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1601297 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2020
LoyalHustler1:
Why are Biden's team angry with top Pentagon officials?

Their plans to get top secret information and give them to China has failed.

I believe they canceled it on the orders of the boss president Trump.

The dems will realise that Trump is still the boss.

He is the leader of all the pentagon.

Nobody moves until he says so not the army, navy, Marine, police and all other security departments.

He has the final say and you all democrat dumb heads should know that the military and the police force loves trump and will do his biden anytime anyday he orders them to.

Biden and the Dems should be careful because some people might go to jail in 2021.

America will never fall.

America will rise again In the next four years like never seen before under the leadership of Trump.

MAGA!!!!!

by the order of Ishawuru.

This Ishawuru fella has a slave, master/servant mentality. For your information, advanced democracies do not work that way - leaders are accountable for their actions or inactions. They are not dictators as your post suggests. You most likely grew up in Nigeria during military era which altered your normal brain functions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by juman(m): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2020
Shame on the republicans.
Their party has been turned to a cult like.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:19am On Dec 19, 2020
Konkoja:

This Ishawuru fella has a slave, master/servant mentality. For your information, advanced democracies do not work that way - leaders are accountable for their actions or inactions. They are not dictators as your post suggests. You most likely grew up in Nigeria during military era which altered your normal brain functions.
The later military era perhaps. Some began growing during the Ironsi military era and our brain is not altered like his.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2020
Jan 20th can not come soon enough...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 11:17am On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

The later military era perhaps. Some began growing during the Ironsi military era and our brain is not altered like his.
The later military era indeed for me. I didn't experience Ironsi era. My gestimate is that most Nigerians currently active on the Internet are product of later military era. Hence, preference for strong man instead of strong institutional governance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:34am On Dec 19, 2020
Konkoja:
The later military era indeed for me. I am didn't experience Ironsi era. My gestimate is that most Nigerians currently active on the Internet are product of later military era. Hence, preference for strong man instead of strong institutional governance.
But you admit to be "later military era" and you don't seem to have this "preference for strong man", so are you sure their ignorance "of strong institutional governance" is because of the era they are born into or just their own stupid refusal to learn?

I've seen people who went through the strong Buhari and Abacha eras who do not have a preference for strong institutional governance, is why I ask. And besides, trump is no strong man. He is a despot, and a powerless one at that, since he is in a democracy, thank God.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 12:14pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

But you admit to be "later military era" and you don't seem to have this "preference for strong man", so are you sure their ignorance "of strong institutional governance" is because of the era they are born into or just their own stupid refusal to learn?

I've seen people who went through the strong Buhari and Abacha eras who do have a preference for strong institutional governance, is why I ask. And besides, trump is no strong man. He is a despot, and a powerless one at that, since he is in a democracy, thank God.

I totally agree with you especially the line in bold. I am not unaware that we are product of many experiences. That is why I thought maybe, just maybe, experience of military rule has the primacy among other factors for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibeme: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
After Smartmatic threatened to sue them, the Conspiracy Theory media of the Trump cult are now backtracking and debunking their own lies about Software flipping votes. Like I said if you lie about a private company and harm their business, you should be held liable

https://mobile.twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/1340140902023651328

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
Ibeme:
After Smartmatic threatened to sue them, the Conspiracy Theory media of the Trump cult are now backtracking and debunking their own lies about Software flipping votes. Like I said if you lie about a private company and harm their business, you should be held liable

OMFD! LMFAO!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
BUSTED? Why the numbers behind Mitch McConnell's re-election don't add up
https://www.rawstory.com/amp/why-the-numbers-behind-mitch-mcconnells-re-election-dont-add-up-2649556517

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibeme: 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
LoyalHustler1:

I believe they canceled it on the orders of the boss president Trump.

The dems will realise that Trump is still the boss.

He is the leader of all the pentagon.

Nobody moves until he says so not the army, navy, Marine, police and all other security departments.

He has the final say and you all democrat dumb heads should know that the military and the police force loves trump and will do his biden anytime anyday he orders them to.

Teenie penie, stop reading fantasies. The POTUS is not Abacha or Babangida

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 2:08pm On Dec 19, 2020
sanpipita:

This what we keep saying even Bush didn't emasculate the GOP this much, Democrats have mini Trumps among them but they don't fail to close ranks and stop them if necessary, Sanders have tried twice but failed, people like AOC will soon understand party supremacy above personal emotions

I will like to see how GOP will handle Trump if he decides to contest again

Some of the measures taken to muzzle the Sanders far left can be considered undemocratic in many situations
E.g when Democratic party chairman Donna Brazile said the primaries was rigged against Sanders below is her words

Brazile writes the DNC was rigged in Clinton’s favor because her campaign was largely financing the party early on in the presidential election.
“If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead. This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity,” Brazile added.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politics/donna-brazile-dnc-book/index.html

And we could see in 2020 that Sanders was on his way to winning before the weekend of South Carolina primaries where almost every candidates dropped out for Biden. The Sanders supporters saw all these but grudgingly supported the party to kick out Trump which was a good thing but how long do you think they will be quiet for?

Another question in a democracy, if you notice a potentially dangerous candidate, is it okay to rig him out or stack the cards against him even if hypothetically the majority like him/her? Budatuum what do you think?
There might be no straight answer but its something to think about and does it even question democracy as a system of govt?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

Another question in a democracy, if you notice a potentially dangerous candidate, is it okay to rig him out or stack the cards against him even if hypothetically the majority like him/her? Budatuum what do you think?
That is not rigging but strategy, and only ignorant people and losers call it rigging though they'd do the same when it's their turn.

It's the same way Buhari needed an alliance to defeat PDP. Intelligent people will say it's being smart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

Some of the measures taken to muzzle the Sanders far left can be considered undemocratic in many situations
E.g when Democratic party chairman Donna Brazile said the primaries was rigged against Sanders below is her words

And we could see in 2020 that Sanders was on his way to winning before the weekend of South Carolina primaries where almost every candidates dropped out for Biden. The Sanders supporters saw all these but grudgingly supported the party to kick out Trump which was a good thing but how long do you think they will be quiet for?

There might be no straight answer but its something to think about and does it even question democracy as a system of govt?

Was there an alliance against Sanders? yes but rigged out no, and if indeed Sander had a majority in the party that liked him, no way Biden would have been candidate, its was still the majority in party even if by alliance that voted Biden over him.

In a political system alliances is a thing, Biden's road to victory can be attributed to a coalition of forces, first against Sander, then Trump, it isn't an undemocratic move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibeme: 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
sanpipita:

Was there an alliance against Sanders? yes but rigged out no, and if indeed Sander had a majority in the party that liked him, no way Biden would have been candidate, its was still the majority in party even if by alliance that voted Biden over him.

In a political system alliances is a thing, Biden's road to victory can be attributed to a coalition of forces, first against Sander, then Trump, it isn't an undemocratic move.

If an alliance if coming from the umpire then that will qualify as a rig NO?
If the referee in a game is party to an alliance and actively pushing against one team, what will you call that?

Why do you think Debbie Wesserman Schulz DNC chairman had to resign a day before the Democratic convention in 2016?

What do you think about a party chairman who alleged that Sanders was rigged out and Clinton was already controlling the party before she became nominee?

Or Elizabeth Warren who alleged the same

CNN asked Senator Elizabeth Warren if Mrs Clinton's contest against Democratic rival Bernie Sanders was rigged, and she said: "Yes."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-41850798

What do you think when Democratic party officials were sending emails and suggesting they should sponsor undercover articles to demarket Sanders?

Do you think those were Democratic where the umpires were working actively against one candidate?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

What do you think about a party chairman who alleged that Sanders was rigged out and Clinton was already controlling the party before she became nominee?

CNN asked Senator Elizabeth Warren if Mrs Clinton's contest against Democratic rival Bernie Sanders was rigged, and she said: "Yes."

What do you think when Democratic party officials were sending emails and suggesting they should sponsor undercover articles to demarket Sanders?

Do you think those were Democratic where the umpires were working actively against one candidate?
I think they were all behaving as trump is behaving now. Rather than accept their loss, they come up with some cranked up conspiracy that holds weight only amongst the braindead.
Thankfully, you aren't one of those, right?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

That is not rigging but strategy, and only ignorant people and losers call it rigging though they'd do the same when it's their turn.

It's the same way Buhari needed an alliance to defeat PDP. Intelligent people will say it's being smart.

You think Donna Brazile and Elizabeth Warren were ignorant or unintelligent when they called it rigged?

When a party had pre determined to work against a candidate and even sponsoring articles against him or when one candidate is already in control of the party before becoming nominee.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

I think they were all behaving as trump is behaving now. Rather than accept their loss, they come up with some cranked up conspiracy that holds weight only amongst the braindead.
Thankfully, you aren't one of those, right?

How is it a conspiracy when Brazile a DNC chairman confirmed it and had to call Sanders to apologize for it

Is it still a conspiracy when one who should know like a party chairman acknowledging it and apologized for it?

Are you saying Brazile and Warren are brain dead?

When evidence was shown of umpires working against one candidate and even had to resign before the convention

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

How is it a conspiracy when Brazile a DNC chairman confirmed it and had to call Sanders to apologize for it

Are you saying Brazile and Warren are brain dead?

When evidence was shown of umpires working against one candidate and even had to resign before the convention
Sounds to me like you would rather believe the primaries were rigged against Sanders than that more people preferred the other candidate.

Goodluck with that.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

Sounds to me like you would rather believe the primaries were rigged against Sanders than that more people preferred the other candidate.

Goodluck with that.

People who should know like Brazile the party chairman said it. Should we assume she was lying about the organization she chaired?

What will you believe when a party chairman said it was rigged?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

People who should know like Brazile the party chairman said it. Should we assume she was lying about the organization she chaired?

I am buda. I do not do believe because I have a brain inside my head to reason with.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2020
sanpipita:

This what we keep saying even Bush didn't emasculate the GOP this much, Democrats have mini Trumps among them but they don't fail to close ranks and stop them if necessary, Sanders have tried twice but failed, people like AOC will soon understand party supremacy above personal emotions

I will like to see how GOP will handle Trump if he decides to contest again

Those ones in the GOP have no balls at all..They can only go and hide their faces in their mistresses asses.They are and cannot do a thing if and when Trump decides to contest again

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

Or when she leaked debate questions to Hilary..Truth was they were not expecting a Sanders to come spoil the party in 2016..2016 was the year for Hilary as they all believed until when Sanders came into the fray..Sanders was the grand spoiler of 2016 and it was because of him that Trump even won because most of his supporters that should have voted either voted for Trump in protest or just stayed back home

Remember Joe Biden even had to do a press conference with her and Obama announcing his non contesting despite his son Beau on his sick bed telling his father to Run..

And yes,It was rigged in favour of Hilary as the umpire should not be in favour of anyone but the umpire tried and did all for a particular candidate to win and it was what led to the Disaster of Trump

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
happney65:

Or when she leaked debate questions to Hilary..Truth was they were not expecting a Sanders to come spoil the party in 2016..2016 was the year for Hilary as they all believed until when Sanders came into the fray..Sanders was the grand spoiler of 2016 and it was because of him that Trump even won because most of his supporters that should have voted either voted for Trump in protest or just stayed back home

Remember Joe Biden even had to do a press conference with her and Obama announcing his non contesting despite his son Beau on his sick bed telling his father to Run..

And yes,It was rigged in favour of Hilary as the umpire should not be in favour of anyone but the umpire tried and did all for a particular candidate to win and it was what led to the Disaster of Trump

Simple. No need to twist to deny the obvious or justify it.

All parties are not perfect and admitting the wrongdoing of your side while still supporting them is not a wrong thing

I support the Republican party but will not say everything they have done is right or ethical

In 2016 the Republicans did not take Trump serious until the primaries were almost midway and the only options left at that point was to rig him out or disqualify him. Which they knew will be undemocratic.

I am sure by the election day many Republicans were hoping Hillary wins just to say they followed the democratic process but lost. None of the Bush campaigned for or voted Trump. Basically none of the former GOP presidents or even previous presidential candidates openly supported him

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

If an alliance if coming from the umpire then that will qualify as a rig NO?
If the referee in a game is party to an alliance and actively pushing against one team, what will you call that?

Why do you think Debbie Wesserman Schulz DNC chairman had to resign a day before the Democratic convention in 2016?

And Sanders didn't try demarket Clinton? his supporters even openly split votes

But to the issue allegations can be unfounded I don't see how candidates aligning makes it an umpire thing, Sanders himself gave up and accepted he lost, agreeable the establishment worked against Sanders, but how did they do it? They organized an alliance and built a majority to defeat Sanders.

Mind you same Sanders uses his influence to work against DNC candidates, he doesn't feel have same progressive ideas as him in primaries, these candidates end up losing out and we don't hear its rigged, cos its simple politics

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
sanpipita:

And Sanders didn't try demarket Clinton? his supporters even openly split votes

But to the issue allegations can be unfounded I don't see how candidates aligning makes it an umpire thing, Sanders himself gave up and accepted he lost, agreeable the establishment worked against Sanders, but how did they do it? They organized an alliance and built a majority to defeat Sanders.

Mind you same Sanders uses his influence to work against DNC candidates, he doesn't feel have same progressive ideas as him in primaries, these candidates end up losing out and we don't hear its rigged, cos its simple politics

It was Sanders vs Clinton not Sanders vs DNC or you are saying Clinton = DNC

Candidates can attack each other and work against the other and its fair

Just like Chelsea can attack Liverpool on the field

The umpire or referee is not to join them in attacking a side. I thought everyone will know and agree on this

The DNC chairman even admitted they worked against Sanders, How can a party be working against one of its candidates? WHy do you think the party chair had to resign before the 2016 convention?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2020
happney65:

Or when she leaked debate questions to Hilary..Truth was they were not expecting a Sanders to come spoil the party in 2016..2016 was the year for Hilary as they all believed until when Sanders came into the fray..Sanders was the grand spoiler of 2016 and it was because of him that Trump even won.....
I wonder how you could ignore Comey instigating an investigation into Hillary a couple of weeks before the election to claim Sanders was the reason she lost.

Gops tried the same with Hunter Biden's laptop but it thankfully failed this time.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

I wonder how you could ignore Comey instigating an investigation into Hillary a couple of weeks before the election to claim Sanders was the reason she lost.

Gops tried the same with Hunter Biden's laptop but it thankfully failed this time.

Many things led to Trump winning ranging from Comey to Sanders supporters

Hunter Biden is not the same. at worst Hunter committed a crime, An indictment on a grown man this will be like saying Chelsea Clinton or Eric Junior did shady contracts
vs a direct indictment on Clinton for her duties as SOS

Clinton allegations were more weighty, Hunter Biden was just a Hail Mary
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

CLinton allegations were more weighty, Hunter Biden was just a Hail Mary
Funny. After all of Comey's investigations, his conclussion was "nothing to see here", and the kracken that Hunter was is turning out to be invisible crapen.

I'd say they are both equally without weight, but I guess that wouldn't stop some continuing to yell "lock her up". After all, some are still looking for evidence Obama is a Muslim born in everywhere else but America.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bayelsaowei(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2020
Ibeme:

laugh no go kill me oo.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 5:38pm On Dec 19, 2020
zendi:

Posted on July 22, but I never saw "Error" manufacturing Dominion Systems also coming.

Wow! You are the prophet. But bro, who would believe such things would/can happen in a country like the US of A?? Who?? The Dominion Voting machines was a whole new level.

Remember how the witch Kamala Harris crooned to China Biden on the day they stole the election: We did it!

They will never get away with the theft.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.