Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1686630 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (4169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
Abbeybailey:
From Benin to Sacramento ?. One thing you Orange supporters have in common is lies.

Obviously I was quoting someone else. You should know that

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
stanech:

Obviously I was quoting someone else. You should know that
You give the credit to the source you are quoting not the opposite of that. Typical Trump supporter.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
Abbeybailey:
You give the credit to the source you are quoting not the opposite of that. Typical Trump supporter.

Yea don't pretend as if u did not know

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
Is Sen. Kamala Harris’s campaign effectively over?
She has been cratering in the polls since the second debate, and has had only one or two double-digit polling numbers since then.

However, it may be premature to write off her campaign at this time. In September 2007, Obama was nearly 20-points adrift of Clinton in Iowa polls, but he ended up winning the Iowa primary 4 months later.
Likewise, Harris’s campaign could bounce back.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
PDPGuy:
She has been cratering in the polls since the second debate, and has had only one or two double-digit polling numbers since then.

However, it may be premature to write off her campaign at this time. In September 2007, Obama was nearly 20-points adrift of Clinton in Iowa polls, but he ended up winning the Iowa primary 4 months later.
She is done, she doesn't have half the charisma or oratory ability of Barack Obama plus she isn't running the kind of grassroots campaign that Obama ran. The fact that she is cratering even in her home state is a signal that she really has no chance. The best she can wish for now is that she is picked as VP candidate by whoever wins the ticket

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
PDPGuy:

Am actually rooting for her as VP..A Biden/Kamala Harris ticket should do the magic I think..
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 11:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
PDPGuy:

The bounce she got was by throwing punches at Biden. I am sure other drowning candidates will start attacking Sanders, Warren Biden and Obama soon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by tsinzu: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2019
GalaticHorde:
I am seriously refraining very hard from calling you a clever by half dumb idiot, if you read my post which you quoted like you were supposed to you would have seen "liberal" democrats not just democrats as all my posts on this thread has clearly identified me as, if that difference is too hard for you to figure then that's no problem of mine, my post said your Republicans are more invested in biden winning (because of his many weaknesses) than democrats are and that was my opinion, you said apparently not, the democrats do because the polls say so, I didn't outrightly disagree with you, I rather asked you to show me said polls in the most polite and non confrontational manner i could, i could have done that myself at anytime but i thought when you make "factual", not opinionated arguments from your P.O.V you give the other person the concession to ask for proof, I did that and you were stupidly condescending to me from your assumed opinion of academic superiority or whatever passes for that fallacy in your tiny little mind, I practiced forbearance, you dug up my past posts in a bid to paint a pattern to suit your narrative in a fit of whattaboutism instead of simply supplying the simple polls i asked for and now you presume to insult me? Dude you might be Nigerian, you might not be but you are fortunate to be where you are because at some point this sh**t of yours got too personal for your good, when i am bested in an argument and yes i come here to debate and argue i suck it up but you boy are just too full of yourself, I won't go down the road of threatening a physical confrontation as has been done here repeatedly to no avail but god do i wish that was still a mature option, I hope you don't respond to this, so no, I will call you a clever by half dumb republicunt because that's what you are.
Abegi wee you keep kwayet, see confam mumu forming hard man on nairaland. You hope he doesn't respond to your post, if he responds what the f*ck will you do? He is right to call you a child, a baby still wearing diaper self. Gerrara here men!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
garetz:

She is done, she doesn't have half the charisma or oratory ability of Barack Obama plus she isn't running the kind of grassroots campaign that Obama ran. The fact that she is cratering even in her home state is a signal that she really has no chance. The best she can wish for now is that she is picked as VP candidate by whoever wins the ticket

http://www.focusonruralamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/190914-Iowa-Voter-Survey-memo.pdf

...kamala not doing well...

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2019
Robert O,Brien is the new NSA. Will see how long he will last as he is the fourth National Security Adviser under Taliban Trump. Cesspool of sleaze.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:14am On Sep 19, 2019

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2019
budaatum:
https://wolfstreet.com/2019/09/18/foreign-exchange-trading-soars-to-6-6-trillion-a-day-us-dollar-is-total-king/
While the Chinese Yuan is crashing and some lunatic liberal "economy experts" would want us to believe that China is winning the trade war

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 8:52am On Sep 19, 2019
King Elijah Cummings is presiding over a horrible mess in Baltimore Maryland and the hypocritical baboon has the nerves to say he was offended because Trump called him out. Kophschmerzen will be here defending his Democrat masters while they are running his city into the ground and lining up their pockets with the people's money

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoshKai/status/1173447861184475136

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nicolesque24/status/1173799077101875203

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2019
Bolton unloads on Trump’s foreign policy behind closed doors

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/18/bolton-trump-foreign-policy-1501932

The recently fired national security adviser made little secret of his disagreements with the president. John Bolton, President Donald Trump’s fired national security adviser, harshly criticized Trump’s foreign policy on Wednesday at a private lunch, saying that inviting the Taliban to Camp David sent a “terrible signal” and that it was “disrespectful” to the victims of 9/11 because the Taliban had harbored al Qaeda. Bolton also said that any negotiations with North Korea and Iran were “doomed to failure,” according to two attendees.

All the North Koreans and Iranians want to do is negotiate for relief from sanctions to support their economies, said Bolton, who was speaking before guests invited by the Gatestone Institute, a conservative think tank.

“He ripped Trump, without using his name, several times,” said one attendee. Bolton didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. Bolton also said more than once that Trump’s failure to respond to the Iranian attack on an American drone earlier this summer set the stage for the Islamic Republic’s aggression in recent months.

At one point, Bolton, a previous chairman of Gatestone, suggested that had the U.S. retaliated for the drone shootdown, Iran might not have damaged the Saudi oil fields. Bolton called the alleged attack on Saudi Arabia, which U.S. and Saudi officials have blamed on Iran, “an act of war” by anyone’s definition.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
Trump's communications with a foreign leader sparked whistleblower complaint

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/18/politics/acting-dni-maguire-agrees-testify-house-intel/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's communications with a foreign leader, which included a "promise," sparked the whistleblower complaint that has led the acting director of national intelligence to agree to testify amid a showdown with Congress, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

The Post reported that an official in the American intelligence community was so bothered by a "promise" Trump made to a foreign leader that the official filed a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general of the intelligence community, according to two former US officials familiar with the matter. It's unknown which leader Trump was speaking to and it's the first time his direct involvement in the complaint has been reported, according to the Post.

The complaint was filed on August 12 and White House records show Trump had spoken to or interacted with five foreign leaders in the previous five weeks, the Post reports: Russian President Vladimir Putin, North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, the Prime Minister of Pakistan, the Prime Minister of the Netherlands and the Emir of Qatar. However, it's not clear that the communication that inspired the complaint was with any of those leaders.
The White House did not respond to the Post's requests for comment and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and a lawyer representing the whistleblower declined to comment to the Post. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence also declined to comment when reached by CNN on Wednesday.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
Anduku:
King Elijah Cummings is presiding over a horrible mess in Baltimore Maryland and the hypocritical baboon has the nerves to say he was offended because Trump called him out. Kophschmerzen will be here defending his Democrat masters while they are running his city into the ground and lining up their pockets with the people's money

Democrats don't really care about the people living in America, the people in their districts in Baltimore and LA who are shitting in the rivers

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2019
Trump tells reporters border wall is ‘wired’, immediately after army general asks him not to discuss in public

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-border-wall-california-wired-immigration-us-mexico-a9111721.html

Donald Trump touted the robust construction of his border fence on a visit to southern California, but risked the ire of one of his top generals by revealing the barrier would be “wired” to detect attempts to breach it.
Flanked by engineers and the border patrol commissioner, the president talked up the steel-and-concrete fence’s technological elements during a press conference in San Diego.

He said: “They’re wired, so that we will know if somebody is trying to break through.”

Turning to Lt Gen Todd Semonite, chief of the US Army Corps of Engineers, Mr Trump added: “You may want to discuss that a little bit, general.”

But he was told: “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing it.”

...trump doesn't listen to simple intelligence information...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
TheShopKeeper:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/18/politics/acting-dni-maguire-agrees-testify-house-intel/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's communications with a foreign leader, which included a "promise," sparked the whistleblower complaint that has led the acting director of national intelligence to agree to testify amid a showdown with Congress, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

The Post reported that an official in the American intelligence community was so bothered by a "promise" Trump made to a foreign leader that the official filed a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general of the intelligence community, according to two former US officials familiar with the matter. It's unknown which leader Trump was speaking to and it's the first time his direct involvement in the complaint has been reported, according to the Post.

The complaint was filed on August 12 and White House records show Trump had spoken to or interacted with five foreign leaders in the previous five weeks, the Post reports: Russian President Vladimir Putin, North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, the Prime Minister of Pakistan, the Prime Minister of the Netherlands and the Emir of Qatar. However, it's not clear that the communication that inspired the complaint was with any of those leaders.
The White House did not respond to the Post's requests for comment and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and a lawyer representing the whistleblower declined to comment to the Post. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence also declined to comment when reached by CNN on Wednesday.
Bolton should get lost, he's just a warmonger and Trump was right to get rid of him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kophschmerzenii: 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
Anduku:

What a slowpoke!!! More than 80% of old public school in America are in ruins from coast to coast. Across dems and gop districts. Get my f**king moniker out of your smelly mouth doorknob.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
coluka:

Bolton should get lost, he's just a warmonger and Trump was right to get rid of him.

Where did you see him mention bolton in the above piece? grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
coluka:

...it is not john bolton...

...reports coming through indicated ...it is sue gordon, former DNI assistant chief...she was asked to step down on 9th august by dan coates (former DNI director), whilst she was chairing an election security committee...

...she tendered her resignation, effective15th august, after the complaint was filed on 12th august..she had previously been the head of cyber security, all the digital security initiatives that the CIA had taken.

...although trump did physically met with 5 world leaders before that...it was a phone conversation most likely with putin...

https://twitter.com/gregpmiller/status/1174488006859907072

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
happney65:

Where did you see him mention bolton in the above piece? grin
TheShopKeeper:

...reports coming through indicated ...it is sue gordon, former DNI assistant chief...she was asked to step down on 9th august by dan coates (former DNI director), whilst she was chairing an election security committee...

...she tendered her resignation, effective15th august, after the complaint was filed on 12th august..she had previously been the head of cyber security, all the digital security initiatives that the CIA had taken.

...although trump did physically met with 5 world leaders before that...it was a phone conversation most likely with putin...

I meant to quote the first post, the one about Bolton unloading on Trump's foreign policy
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2019
TheShopKeeper:

TheShopKeeper:

You people have started again, make sure you get him this time o grin. I remember when you were raving about Epstein being the real ish. I told you then to make sure you guys get him that time because I am tired of you guys failing miserably anytime you try to get him. The man is busy running circles around you and your liberal politicians' heads. The loser dems better make sure they get him this time. Pathetic clowns!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
coluka:

You people have started again, make sure you get him this time o grin. I remember when you were raving about Epstein being the real ish. I told you then to make sure you guys get him that time because I am tired of you guys failing miserably anytime you try to get him. The man is busy running circles around you and your liberal politicians' heads. The loser dems better make sure they get him this time. Pathetic clowns!!

.there's no need to be abusive...

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
coluka:

...with trump there's nothing new...make reference to my earlier post about the information below from reuters news agency...at least reuters isn't a msm...

Trump names counterterrorism chief as acting director of national intelligence

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-intelligence/trump-names-counterterrorism-chief-as-acting-director-of-national-intelligence-idUSKCN1UY2UJ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Thursday that Joseph Maguire, the current chief of the National Counterterrorism Center, will become the acting director of national intelligence.

Trump’s announcement on Twitter came after the deputy director of national intelligence, Sue Gordon, resigned. She said in a note to Trump that stepping down was not her “preference,” but added, “You should have your team.”

Trump said Maguire will take over the acting post on Aug. 15, when Dan Coats, the current director of the agency overseeing civilian and military intelligence, steps down.

“Admiral Maguire has a long and distinguished career in the military, retiring from the U.S. Navy in 2010,” Trump said on Twitter.

“Sue Gordon’s retirement is a significant loss for our Intelligence Community,” Burr said in a statement.

Trump also has objected to U.S. intelligence community analyses of major issues - from Iran’s nuclear program to North Korea - that have clashed with his own assessments.

“President Trump has repeatedly demonstrated that he is seemingly incapable of hearing facts that contradict his own views,” Warner said in his statement on Gordon’s resignation.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
...trump doing what he knows best...hiding his tax return...

Trump sues Manhattan DA seeking to block tax return subpoena

https://apnews.com/b4b0ea59e908433996f77698f45d2756

NEW YORK (AP) — President Donald Trump asked a federal judge Thursday to block an effort by New York prosecutors to obtain his tax returns.

Trump’s attorneys filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in New York against the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., who recently subpoenaed the president’s accounting firm for eight years of Trump’s state and federal returns.

The lawsuit was not immediately made public. But Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow told The Associated Press the lawsuit is intended “to address the significant constitutional issues at stake in this case.”
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
stanech:
U.S. industrial production rose in August, tripling what economists predicted

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/18/federal-reserve-cuts-interest-rates-1501881

...if the economy is roaring like trump and his supporters suggest, why is he demanding a rate cut from the federal reserve?...if the economy is the greatest in history as trump constantly boasts, shouldn't the feds be raising interest rates?...for a guy who promised to eliminate the national debt in 8 years, trump sure doesn't seem to think that deficits matter anymore...

...the only reason trump is always bashing the feds is that his tax cuts did not work like he promised and added to the 400 billion annual increase to the budget deficit...this results in an additional 400 billion annually to the national debt...so much from the 'economic genius' (with a number of failed businesses) who knows better than the economists in the federal reserve...

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
NY Mayor Bill De Blasio just dropped out of the Democratic presidential primary.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kophschmerzenii: 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
The ukrainegate is unfolding and the look away of the evil GOP is gut wrenching.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
kophschmerzenii:
The ukrainegate is unfolding and the look away of the evil GOP is gut wrenching.

...the ukrainegate is about joe biden and the 2020 election...unfortunately rudy giuliani (loud mouth) is not helping matters as usual...trump should also try to stay quiet...

Rudy Giuliani denies asking Ukraine to investigate Biden -- before admitting it
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/19/politics/rudy-giuliani-joe-biden-ukraine-cnntv/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EHQKL2wdo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (4169) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.