Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2867) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1609178 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ginalz: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
feedthenation:
---Latest statement from Donald J. Trump---telling Republicans not to vote---
Dah orange mugu isa depress ah Republican votes him ah self. Dis guy isa ah mugu like ah old man Ono

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
WispyEthereal:
I thought after your explanations it should be clear that the issue wasn't about mathematics but the hypocrisy of European colonialism I.e claiming ownership of ideas that originated elsewhere and were long in existence before those it was attributed to were born. It was plain enough to me after your post but he deliberately wanted to run away with the headline for propaganda purposes

This is the third time they've had this argument, and my explanation then was more detailed and it still never sunk in.
https://www.nairaland.com/4508641/american-politics-thread-joe-bidens/2486#103592689

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
zendi:

Nigerian cannot learn math in the West because white teachers are 'raciss' ?
Cannot learn math at home because math teachers are poor (lazy) ?

I think you should start with Zendi can't understand what he reads because.........
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
benalvino3:

how is it racist lol. they call it Pythagoras theorem because of so many things he did connected to astronomy and philosophy. No one can really trace who invented it. he himself learn it from the egypt and he made it famous through is cult.

I don't see any racism in it.

I don't expect you to. I however have respect for those who do.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 4:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
budaatum:

I don't expect you to. I however have respect for those who do.

you live breath and eat victimhood. everything is racist for you.

Pythagoras is a man in Europe who was known throughtout the Middle Ages - Fact
Babylonian mathematics was only discovered in the 1850s
The name Pythagorean theorem had long been established. before the Babylonian Mathematics was discovered

The Pythagorean theorem is a relation from Euclidean geometry.

So what is the issue here? they stole maths? thats what you guys are most concerned with?

can you tell me who invented the theorem? who first proved it?

The history of mathematics in India and the middle-east and China is just not known as clearly as it is in Europe.

For example, the Fibonacci sequence was defined centuries before Fibonacci by Indian mathematicians Pingala and Virahanka. the name haven’t been updated, because, honestly, if they had to change the names of mathematical objects every time a new history is discovered, it would be hard to keep track of.

Similarly, the Pythagorean theorem was proven by Babylonians before Pythagoras, but it’s not clear who exactly proved it. We can give it another name but again, sometimes it’s better to just keep the historical name.

The decimal number system should probably called the Khwarazmi number system, but for some reason it just didn’t stick.

there is nothing racist about this.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
benalvino3:
The name Pythagorean theorem had long been established before the Babylonian Mathematics was discovered.

I get you ben. The Babylonians did not discover the mathematics they were doing.

No, ben. I do not expect you to see anything wrong in the implied portrayal of the Babylonians and those living by the river not knowing it was there until Mungo Park discovered it. History is after all off the curricula, and what's on isn't exactly enough to make it of much value I guess, but worse is the fact that you don't even know you are being done.

Have a nice day ben.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2021
budaatum:

I get you ben. The Babylonians did not discover the mathematics they were doing.

No, ben. I do not expect you to see anything wrong in the implied portrayal of the Babylonians and those living by the river not knowing it was there until Mungo Park discovered it. History is after all off the curricula, and what's on isn't exactly enough to make it of much value I guess, but worse is the fact that you don't even know you are being done.

Have a nice day ben.

I don't care about river. I don't know about it so I won't go there.

You ignore everything I have said then rely on your sarcasm to try and dodge what I asked you.

From my last post.
Babylonian mathematics was only discovered in the 1850s
The name Pythagorean theorem had long been established. before the Babylonian Mathematics was discovered

How do you address the quote above? When was it discovered that the babylonians was using it and when was pythagorean theorem named?

Also, who was the first to prove the theorem? What about Egypt? There is no trace on who first used it. We only know the babylonians were using it ages after the maths has been named pythagorean theorem. Deal with it. There is no racism there.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
benalvino3:

I don't care about river. I don't know about it so I won't go there.

You will never get that this is an effect of discriminations made in your education, nor how it makes you dumb.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ginalz: 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
JESHAL:
What isa dis ya sodomite?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2021
budaatum:

You will never get that this is an effect of discriminations made in your education, nor how it makes you dumb.

it is you that did not get it. I don't know who thought you that mongo park (British) discovered a river that was named by the Greeks

the Britannica you source said it is "Believed" the greeks named it. thats not the kind of wording to use when you are sure.

Egyptians call the river Nigir. it has a french name Fleuve Niger

Mungo Park (11 September 1771 – 1806) was a Scottish explorer of West Africa. After an exploration of the upper Niger River around 1796, he wrote a popular and[b] influential travel book titled Travels in the Interior Districts of Africa in which he theorized the Niger and Congo merged to become the same river[/b]. He was killed during a second expedition, having successfully traveled about two-thirds of the way down the Niger. With Park's death, the idea of a Niger-Congo merger remained an open question although it became the leading theory among geographers.[1] The mystery of the Niger's course, which had been speculated about since the Ancient Greeks and was second only to the mystery of the Nile's source, was not solved for another 25 years, in 1830, when it was discovered the Niger and Congo were in fact separate rivers.

If the African Association was the "beginning of the age of African exploration" then Mungo Park was its first successful explorer; he set a standard for all who followed. Park was the first Westerner to have recorded travels in the central portion of the Niger, and through his popular book introduced the public to a vast unexplored continent which influenced future European explorers and colonial ambitions in Africa.

- wiki

he did not discover the river, he only explored and study it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
I'm quietly being convinced that Criminal trump is a psyop. Democrats don't need to campaign for 22 and 24, criminal trump is doing it well for Democrats and driving donors away from republicons. Nice one criminal trump, get ready for your Monday deposition.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2021
Obrigardo:
I'm quietly being convinced that Criminal trump is a psyop. Democrats don't need to campaign for 22 and 24, criminal trump is doing it well for Democrats and driving donors away from republicons. Nice one criminal trump, get ready for your Monday deposition.

ya donkey go and sleep ya jobless irritant
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
sanpipita:
Project Lincoln 2.0

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/576762-anti-trump-republicans-endorsing-vulnerable-democrats-to-prevent-gop

Criminal trump is beating them to their game, endorsing the national Democratic party in one full swoop. Isn't that incredible?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 10:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
Obrigardo:

Criminal trump is beating them to their game, endorsing the national Democratic party in one full swoop. Isn't that incredible?

ya addicted donkey go and sleep. ya make tha noise
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2021
Have you ever started a lie but didn't know how to stop it? Did you know you can go to the extremes of extremes to justify that lie? That's what's happening to Criminal trump telling republiqans not to vote again because of his stinky election lies. Is this the end of the road for criminal trump? Will the Republiqan establishment now remove their protections and let the rabid dogs that the criminal trump created eat him up?
I bet that's what they are going to do, because he's going to destroy 2022 for them cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2021
Obrigardo:
Have you ever started a lie but didn't know how to stop it? Did you know you can go to the extremes of extremes to justify that lie? That's what's happening to Criminal trump telling republiqans not to vote again because of his stinky election lies. Is this the end of the road for criminal trump? Will the Republiqan establishment now remove their protections and let the rabid dogs that the criminal trump created eat him up?
I bet that's what they are going to do, because he's going to destroy 2022 for them cheesy

ya donkey ya life isa lie
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
I don't think this would fly high. While I like Candace's guts, if Trump wants to have a shot at it, he needs to have a centrist deputy, and obviously a non-white deputy.

Problem is, while the MSM has dubbed Trump as alt-Right, it has also tried to dub Candace as anti-black which is the very non-white base she's supposed to represent.

I also have some misgivings about Trump running again. Some misgivings. But with the fallout of how Biden has performed, anything is possible.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 11:39pm On Oct 14, 2021
All these American political experts that can't use their expertise to help Nigeria. Born and grew up under despotic inept leaders and wishing the same for Fruited Plains. Bunch of know nothing clowns.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 2:51am On Oct 15, 2021
Cornpop:

ya donkey ya life isa lie
Ya chief donkey, ya Isa walking corpse.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 2:55am On Oct 15, 2021
gambojimeta:

Ya chief donkey, ya Isa walking corpse.
You giving it to that poor midget and he deserves it. I used to think when people ignores him, the poverty cursed dwarf will go away but you guys paying him back in his own coins is what's getting the dwarf quiet. Good job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 2:55am On Oct 15, 2021
Cornpop:

Adedayo Adedara Isa jobless irritant andi a cockroach

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 2:56am On Oct 15, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
You giving it to that poor midget and he deserves it. I used to think when people ignores him, the poverty cursed dwarf will go away but you guys paying him back in his own coins is what's getting the dwarf quiet. Good job.
Di donkey Isa nat go away so I Isa follow am bumpa ta bumpa

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 3:12am On Oct 15, 2021
gambojimeta:

Di donkey Isa nat go away so I Isa follow am bumpa ta bumpa
You and my favorite lady are doing God's work. Keep hounding that cursed midget.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 3:17am On Oct 15, 2021
Andrew McCabe, the former FBI Deputy Director that was unjustly fired by trump days before his retirement won his case and he will get his retirement benefits and retroactive pay. Thats another black mark on the worst President in American history and some brainless Umudike who knows nothing about how America works is saying that the vile Racist Pig Trump will be back in 2024.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 3:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Andrew McCabe, the former FBI Deputy Director that was unjustly fired by trump hours before his retirement won his case and he will get his retirement benefits and retroactive pay. Thats another black mark on the worst President in American history and some brainless Umudike who knows nothing about how America works is saying that the vile Racist Pig Trump will be back in 2024.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ginalz: 6:23am On Oct 15, 2021
Cornpop:

Ya mama and papa sayeth dah rash on dah ass cheeks isa ah more relevant Dan yah ya sad mule

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 7:20am On Oct 15, 2021
WispyEthereal:
you're a simple minded tw@

what do ya know ya donkey?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2021
Cornpop:

what do ya know ya donkey?
He Isa kno better dan u shithead chief donkey
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2021
gambojimeta:

He Isa kno better dan u shithead chief donkey

ya donkey, anything isa better than ya donkey yeah
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2021
DissTroy:
The ironic thing about Buda's arguments so far is, according to the Cornell University article he posted here, that Idaho cannibalism law which allows for it in certain conditions was made in 1990.

Like I posted yesterday, Idaho had consecutive Democrat/Leftist governors from 1971 to 1995. cheesy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governors_of_Idaho The heinous law was promulgated under the very watch of a supposed progressive. That rubbishes whatever Leftist-Right inclination you'd have wanted to lean to.

See the irony of everything? I deliberately refused to harp on it yesterday but focus on a certain point.

And focus you did bud. Very apt arguments, well written rebuttals. Well done �

Buda just kept beating about the bush. Sad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.