Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1610119 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) (3311) (3312) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 8:53am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

When part of women being responsible omits them from being responsible enough to control their bodies I will ask again are you this dumb?
Killing another living human is not controling your body. Controling your body means making wise safe sex and contraceptive decisions or controlling your legs by keeping them closed if you don't want to get pregnant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 8:54am On Jun 25, 2022
See you all later going back to my hiatus out of naira land.

This decision was what brought me back here see you all soon when the drama unfolds and those clowns lose.

I will drop by once in a while to read comments.

cool
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 8:55am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

When part of women being responsible omits them from being responsible enough to control their bodies I will ask again are you this dumb?

To you, controlling your body means you can open your legs to any GloriousGbola you see and then run into planned parenthood. You cannot control your body by drinking and driving, the states do not allow you because life will be killed. you cannot run over a bunch of pigeons on the streets or dogs as well.

you will not allow a man to control his body if the woman decides to have a baby he does not want.

make we hear the word. You want to take cocaine, no, you cannot control your body, and you cannot sell it as well. there are things you cannot do as laws are set. these people still have their abortion.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

They have said it let a state challenge it let us see.

The fight is not over but we all know how it will end. This victory will be short lived.
A state doesn't need to challenge it, all the states need to do is implement their laws and let's see what the clown DOJ will do about it. My guess is absolutely nothing!! Because they know they are blowing hot air and don't have any Power to decide for the states how to proceed on Abortion. The supreme court justices were very clear on that.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
itchie:

Killing another living human is not controling your body. Controling your body means making wise safe sex and contraceptive decisions or controlling your legs by keeping them closed if you don't want to get pregnant.
It is not a living human it does not have inalienable rights or personhood.
Why is this fact so difficult to understand for you?
Go and read bodily autonomy instead of talking like an illiterate going by this argument of yours you are already admitting that a woman should be responsible enough to decide if she wants an abortion.
My problem with some men is how stupid they are two people had sex but somehow it is the woman's fault it all went wrong the woman then says ok let me choose you men say no she alone must suffer the consequences.
If that is not wickedness I have no idea what is.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 8:59am On Jun 25, 2022
itchie:

A state doesn't need to challenge it, all the states need to do is implement their laws and let's see what the clown DOJ will do about it. My guess is absolutely nothing!! Because they know they are blowing hot air and don't have any Power to decide for the states how to proceed on Abortion. The supreme court justices were very clear on that.
The DOJ has spoken.

Call Merrick Garland to tell him otherwise as it stands abortion pills will remain accessible to every state and the federal government controls the UPSS. They will still mail it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:00am On Jun 25, 2022
benalvino3:

To you, controlling your body means you can open your legs to any GloriousGbola you see and then run into planned parenthood. You cannot control your body by drinking and driving, the states do not allow you because life will be killed. you cannot run over a bunch of pigeons on the streets or dogs as well.

you will not allow a man to control his body if the woman decides to have a baby he does not want.

make we hear the word. You want to take cocaine, no, you cannot control your body, and you cannot sell it as well. there are things you cannot do as laws are set. these people still have their abortions.
What are you rambling about because you are saying nonsense as it stands
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:02am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

The DOJ has spoken.

Call Merrick Garland to tell him otherwise as it stands abortion pills will remain accessible to every state and the federal government controls the UPSS. They will still mail it.

What a nice thing smiley smiley. Mail abortion pills to deserving women who cant close their legs
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

What are you rambling about because you are saying nonsense as it stands

Stop crying. abortion is still happening. The Court did well for them.. also, try to be a responsible person and not rely on abortion for child prevention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 9:04am On Jun 25, 2022
wirinet:

If all safe sex options available fails nko? Or if she is too young (12 -14), was raped or involved incest nko?

What of ectopic pregnancy? How will you guys deal with ectopic pregnancy?
1. All safe sex options available can not fail.

2. No state is against abortion in the event of all the other scenarios you described there.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:04am On Jun 25, 2022
benalvino3:

Stop crying. abortion is still happening. The Court did well for them.. also, try to be a responsible person and not rely on abortion for child prevention
Nobody is crying the only person lamenting here is you because you do not like the response this decision is getting.
You will cry more this November.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:05am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

What a nice thing smiley smiley. Mail abortion pills to deserving women who cant close their legs
Yes since there are no pills for men who ejaculate and are capable of impregnating multiple women in a month that will do for now. smiley smiley smiley
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

Nobody is crying the only person lamenting here is you because you do not like the response this decision is getting.

lmao. people respond to the decision like you are the ones crying. I am only telling people like you to chill... that abortion will be decided by the states and the people will be voted out if they mumu. stop projecting and stop crying.

didn't I tell you "good" when you said people are raising money for women to get abortions in other states? So why are you crying?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:10am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

Yes since there are no pills for men who ejaculate and are capable of impregnating multiple women in a month that will do for now. smiley smiley smiley

I am for millions of babies who will not be killed. This ruling will encourage people to have safe sex, I dont see that as a problem
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 9:10am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

The DOJ has spoken.

I don't need to call the clown, let him do his worse when states start implementing their laws. The federal government may control the UPSS but woe betide you if you are caught using those pills in a state where they are banned, you'll be going to jail and there's nothing Merrick Garland can do to help you.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:12am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

I am for millions of babies who will not be killed. This ruling will encourage people to have safe sex, I dont see that as a problem

You are not for anything just a clown deceiving himself sharing thoughts and prayers when the kids are in cages and shot in schools.

It will only make women die, there is no statistical fact that suggest abortions bans encourages safe sex. Access to reproductive care of all types is what does
Anyway Clarence Thomas has told us that safe sex is dead once he overturns Griswold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2022
itchie:

I don't need to call the clown, let him do his worse when states start implementing their laws. The federal government may control the UPSS but woe betide you if you are caught using those pills in a state where they are banned, you'll be going to jail and there's nothing Merrick Garland can do to help you.

Nobody will be going to jail they will get the abortions they need when they fly to other states.
Merrick Garland has spoken and the FDA has spoken save your tears it has not even started.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 9:14am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

Response from who? The usual suspects, delusional liberals and their fanboys and girls in the MSM? Americans are more concerned about the price of gas, inflation and scarcity of baby formula than they care about the hue and cries of a delusional minority who can't accept the simple truth that the constitution doesn't grant them the right to murder babies.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:16am On Jun 25, 2022
benalvino3:

lmao. people respond to the decision like you are the ones crying. I am only telling people like you to chill... that abortion will be decided by the states and the people will be voted out if they mumu. stop projecting and stop crying.

didn't I tell you "good" when you said people are raising money for women to get abortions in other states? So why are you crying?
But Mike Pence said it should be banned.
It will be decided by the states fine women will be airlifted to States where they can get the care they need so why does it bother you that the bans will not be effective and they will want to go national.

Lol, every abortion fund and employees are making plans to protect their women while mailing abortion pills to them as well.

You are the one crying
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:16am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

Nobody will be going to jail they will get the abortions they need when they fly to other states.
Merrick Garland has spoken and the FDA has spoken save your tears it has not even started.

Wow the ruling will create abortion tourism. Some states will have increased revenue because women seeking abortions will flock to these states.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:17am On Jun 25, 2022
itchie:

Response from who? The usual suspects, delusional liberals and their fanboys and girls in the MSM? Americans are more concerned about the price of gas, inflation and scarcity of baby formula than they care about the hue and cries of a delusional minority who can't accept the simple truth that the constitution doesn't grant them the right to murder babies.
Delusional liberals that are in the majority.
What part of the truth do you not get that the constitution grants privacy rights which abortion falls under?
Why are you arguing against the fact that majority of Americans support Roe v. Wade and they want it in place?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 9:18am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

If they know they can go to other states then why the unnecessary noise? Why not just use that option and stop disturbing the peace of the nation with your wailings over the SCOTUS decision?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:19am On Jun 25, 2022
itchie:

If they know they can go to other states then why the unnecessary noise? Why not just use that option and stop disturbing the peace of the nation with your wailings over the SCOTUS decision?
So why are you crying that they are making the noise?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:19am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

Wow the ruling will create abortion tourism. Some states will have increased revenue because women seeking abortions will flock to these states.

Good for blue states that keep financing and bailing out red states.
Am I right? wink
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

But Mike Pence said it should be banned.
It will be decided by the states fine women will be airlifted to States where they can get the care they need so why does it bother you that the bans will not be effective and they will want to go national.

Lol, every abortion fund and employees are making plans to protect their women while mailing abortion pills to them as well.

You are the one crying

They cannot ban it nationwide. so they should not vote for pence as well if they don't like him banning their abortion.
they should protect them from sports and other things that women rights are being taken not just protection for killing
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:23am On Jun 25, 2022
benalvino3:

They cannot ban it nationwide. so they should not vote for pence as well if they don't like him banning their abortion.
they should protect them from sports and other things that women rights are being taken not just protection for killing

OK.

See you in November hopefully we are all alive and well.

Una bye bye.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:23am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

Good for blue states that keep financing and bailing out red states.
Am I right? wink

Correct, A new industry, Abortion tourism,
Even the gods are smiling over this. Companies running away from blue to red states, the blue states will recoup the tax losses from abortion revenue. Win win.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 9:25am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

So why are you crying that they are making the noise?
Lol, we are not the ones crying, we are celebrating the victory, it's your side that are wailing everywhere. AOC, Waters, green and co were at the supreme court with their bullhorns and speakers wailing as if the world was coming to an end. One liberal lunatic even climbed the frederick douglass memorial bridge and was wailing his eyes out because people haven't filled the streets to protest the judgement grin. Tell your people to get a grip on themselves
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:26am On Jun 25, 2022
benalvino3:

this is your words

how else would you understand it? it is in the constitution, if they can amend it, let them amend it but saying people who died long ago as an argument to why the law should be abolished does not make sense.

No Ben, that doesn't make sense at all and that's why I never said that nor do my words mean what you seem to understand.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

A stable family advices the kids on what to do and to be open . A good school monitors students for signs of being sexually active or having personal problems eg parents not being there . I always go to school meetings at least once a term where the teacher will outline his/her observations then I can go talk to the child if something is amiss. I am not the perfect parent but at least my kids wont do anything without letting us know, Its all about communication with the children .And the kids know that their parents love them, that's enough for the kids d for they know parents have their back.
I highlighted the key points in your argument.
You talk about stable family. How many families in Nigeria (and even the US) are stable? Lots of children grow up in disjointed families. Might be a a consequence of polygamy, separation, divorce or even work related stress and pressures. There are families in which the children are subjected to all kinds of emotional, physical or sexual abuse among other types of child abuse.

Good school? How many good schools have you identified particularly among boarding schools. Schools of nowadays suffer from the same incompetence, corruption/immorality and greed that afflict the general society. It will be a grave error for parents to abdicate the raising and monitoring of children to schoools. My wife and I monitor my children like hawks and believe in the Bible injunction of "spare the rod and spoil the child" when necessary.

Women have myriad of ways of avoiding pregnancy. I know of some couples where the woman gets depo provera while the husband wants kids .
True. But the myriad of ways does not always work or available when needed.
Family dynamics must be discussed and agreed upon before marriage. In my own case I only wanted 2 children, but after 2 boys my wife was begging for another child because she felt lonely being the only female in the house. I agreed and tried again. When she got pregnant, she practically spent the early period in her church in prayers. I made it clear that if its also a boy, that is, because I don't have the energy and resources to raise 4 children. So when it came out a girl, she was over the moon. Since then she had been on birth control. It failed once and she had to go to her chemist friend for an abortion pill. Which took care of it effortlessly. My daughter was 8 yesterday and it was a big celebration both at her school and at home.
What I am getting at is that the decision to have a child should rest solely on the couples or woman or bears responsibility for birthing, caring and raising the child.

If you hear the cost of CS nowadays fear go catch you to get pregnant. We never even talk of pampers yet.

Ectopic pregnancy. The life of the mother and kid are in danger so terminate. But the screaming liberals want to be sent abortion pills via mail any time they feel like they want to get rid of the baby inside them.

But many red states says want to prohibit abortion under all and any circumstances.
Yes abortion pills should be made readily available just like contraceptive pills. Afterall they work in similar ways to achieve the same goal.

If a woman does not want a foreign body inside her, you cannot force her to. If you force her to birth a baby she doesn't want, then what happens to the baby once it leaves her body. Are you also going to prosecute her for abandoning the baby and refusing to breatfeed it?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 9:31am On Jun 25, 2022
itchie:

Lol, we are not the ones crying, we are celebrating the victory, it's your side that are wailing everywhere. AOC, Waters, green and co were at the supreme court with their bullhorns and speakers wailing as if the world was coming to an end. One liberal lunatic even climbed the frederick douglass memorial bridge and was wailing his eyes out because people haven't filled the streets to protest the judgement grin. Tell your people to get a grip on themselves

This is what is called a pyrrhic victory. It will not discourage or reduce abortion. It will only make it more expensive and unsafe. Other countries tried banning abortion. It did not work, only for them to realize their mistakes decades later and unban it.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:44am On Jun 25, 2022
budaatum:

No Ben, that doesn't make sense at all and that's why I never said that nor do my words mean what you seem to understand.

Kachills:
There's no hypocrisy there, Gun ownership rights are enshrined.....

You:
"Enshrined" on a piece of paper by some people who died years ago.

tell us what you mean about your words. you are discussing the rights of Guns and you are also trying to argue against those who say Gun rights constitutional in contrast to abortion. Tell us what you mean then, when you make that statement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) (3311) (3312) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.