Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,479 members, 7,861,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1701726 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) ... (4181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 7:06am On Jan 14, 2023
Ekemeze:

I stand to be corrected but I believe that the more Republican party fight this cultural war and moral decadence, the more Gen Z embraces Democratic party. It's obvious now that the democrats have successfully convinced these youngsters that the republican party is anti-science, don't want LGBTQ, conspiracy theorists.

If majority of Gen Z embraces Democratic party, then what will be left of republican party in future?

Also the GOP won 36% of Gen Z in the midterms. Not impressive but not a blow out for the democrats as you are suggesting either. In fact it’s fairly good considering the political terrain in the 2022 midterms; the Roe v. Wade saga, democrats harping on about democracy dying, LGBTQ issues etc. all of which were unfavorable to the republicans. These will not be the main issues in subsequent elections.

Once the main issues revert to the economy and security, as is typically the case, I have no doubt the Republican Party will get more votes from Gen Z than just 36% especially as they get older. I keep mentioning age for a reason because voting patterns favor republicans as people get older and start having families, you can check the statistics yourself. At the present rate, all the GOP needs is 15% of Gen Z to follow this trend and they are even with the democrats on Gen Z votes. And I have no doubt more than 15% will break their way.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 7:10am On Jan 14, 2023
Congratulations to Prince Harry whose memoir 'Spare' has become the fastest-selling non-fiction book of all time.

- Guinness World Records.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2023
feedthenation:

---The GOP House has not mentioned anything how they will help the American tax payer---more jobs, better paying jobs, lowering the cost of groceries---going after the oil companies that have made senseless profits in the past 2 years---how about big the pharmas?---.

----No plans for better healthcare, better salaries for first responders and teachers---more funding for Veterans---the homeless---lowering taxes etc---The next 2 years will be a real circus---

Trust me when I say the Republican party is truly dead. We are just waiting for it to go the way of the Whig party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:19am On Jan 14, 2023
adamusuleiman3:
Congratulations to Prince Harry whose memoir 'Spare' has become the fastest-selling non-fiction book of all time.

This boy has turned the game on their heads. Another declining legacy is the British monarchy and the rabid British press. A day will come when scousers are going to ransack Buckingham and Windsor just like those idiots did to the US Capitol. Enduring legacies are crumbling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 7:20am On Jan 14, 2023
Obrigardo:

Trust me when I say the Republican party is truly dead. We are just waiting for it to go the way of the Whig party.

Keep waiting. You liberal lunatics have been proclaiming the death of the Republican Party for decades now Dead party just won house majority grin

These fools really believe America is about to become a one party state and liberal utopia grin grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 7:21am On Jan 14, 2023
Obrigardo:

This boy has turned the game on their heads. Another declining legacy is the British monarchy and the rabid British press. A day will come when scousers are going to ransack Buckingham and Windsor just like those idiots did to the US Capitol. Enduring legacies are crumbling.
Impressive

Prince Harry’s tell-all memoir Spare has become the fastest-selling non-fiction book of all time, after shifting 1.43 million copies during its first day on sale in the UK, US, and Canada.

The record was previously held by Barack Obama’s fourth book, A Promised Land (2020), which sold 887,000 copies during its release day.

Spare’s superlative sales figures are made even more impressive when considering the fact that it was leaked five days early in Spain.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 7:24am On Jan 14, 2023
Obrigardo:

Bahaha. This foolish simp who is being exploited by a woman we all know is just using his head and will probably dump him soon is in for a life of tears. Everyone knows exactly how this story will end. The Monarchy remains popular among the British people and one of the only few good things the country has left to brag about. This idiot thinks he can end the thousands year legacy with a silly book? Hahha.

Congrats to him for making a little money I guess. Gossip will always sell especially when it’s about a notoriously secretive institution like the British royal family. But mark my worlds; this weak, broken man will regret the bridges he is burning. I give him just a few years at most.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ekemeze: 7:27am On Jan 14, 2023
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2023
Spare was launched in the US with a print run of two million copies, and a second print run has now been scheduled in order to meet the huge demand.

Before Prince Harry and Barack Obama released their record-breaking books, the title of fastest-selling non-fiction book belonged to Michelle Obama, whose memoir Becoming (2018) sold 725,000 copies on its first day.

And before Michelle, the record was held by Bill Clinton’s My Life (2004), which sold 400,000 copies, breaking the record set one year earlier by his wife, Hillary Clinton. Her memoir, titled Living History, sold 200,000 copies.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 7:36am On Jan 14, 2023
Chinese flock to Hong Kong to get private Covid booster shots.

Travel packages also advertised in Macau as interest grows in mRNA vaccines unavailable on mainland.
The appetite for the overseas vaccine is difficult to quantify, but a rash of services offering travel packages and self-funded shots in Hong Kong and Macau have sprung up in recent weeks. Clinics in Thailand and Singapore have also reported increased interest from Chinese travellers.

The BioNTech/Pfizer mRNA vaccine is free to residents of Hong Kong and Macau. On Thursday, the Hong Kong government announced it would no longer provide free shots of any vaccine for non-residents from next week, in response to the “recent increase in demand”. Prices for privately funded shots for non-residents in Hong Kong range from about HK$1,300 to $2,000 (£136-£209).

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ekemeze: 7:37am On Jan 14, 2023
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 7:39am On Jan 14, 2023
saxywale2:
For anyone looking to snap up a Tesla, this might be the time to start following prices.
Tesla Inc TSLA.O has slashed prices globally on its electric vehicles by as much as 20%, extending an aggressive discounting effort and challenging rivals after missing Wall Street delivery estimates for 2022.

The move marks a reversal from the automaker’s strategy over the last two years when new vehicle orders exceeded supply. It comes after CEO Elon Musk warned that the prospect of recession and higher interest rates meant it could lower prices to sustain growth at the expense of profit.

Used Tesla sales price are being heavily discounted as well.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 7:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Ekemeze:

I think you are right because there's this subreddit called "r/detrans". That subreddit has been facing lots of attack from LGBTQ community, despite this attacks, the subreddit is still growing more as many trans persons are regretting their decisions everyday.

So it's very possible for some of this gen Z to change their minds as they grow older.

Outside the gen z issue, I'm also seeing this division in the republican party caused by Trump-De santis issue. Not a good thing boss.

It’s always like that bro. To understand it better stop analyzing it by generations and whatever name they give to each generation. Just look it it this way; democrats tend to win the youth vote and republicans tend to win older voters. The key issues in each election will determine which of these 2 groups turn out more to vote. In 2022 it’s obvious that abortion and LGBTQ matters were the key issues so more youth turned out to vote than usual which is what diluted the “red wave” republicans were expecting. Although let’s not forget they still won the house and the popular vote in same election so again it’s not as bad as you earlier suggested.

The Trump-DeSantis issue is not a long term problem. Whether trump wins or loses the coming election, that will be his last election as major political force. You need to understand that both Trump and DeSantis are from the same wing of the Republican party. Some call it the “Trump/MAGA wing” because they are TDS suffering fools who think the world began with Donald Trumps presidency, I prefer to call it the “tea party wing” because that was the political movement that invigorated the core republican base and swept many hard-right republicans, including Trump himself, into office.

The line of succession in that wing of the party is pretty clear. Trump is at the top now but once 2024 is over, whether he wins or loses, DeSantis will be next to be the leader of that wing of the party. Simple. I don’t see the great division people are always complaining about. No party is monolithic. Every party has factions. Even the democrats forget the brutal primary battles they had between Obama and Clinton in 2008 and Bernie and Clinton in 2015. These things are normal. After the primary, everyone falls back in line.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 8:45am On Jan 14, 2023
adamusuleiman3:

kikikikiki this shoot ah shoot isa leg with ah useless ah book.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 8:46am On Jan 14, 2023
Obrigardo:

like ah donkey ya make tha noise.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by timay1: 8:58am On Jan 14, 2023
saxywale2:
For anyone looking to snap up a Tesla, this might be the time to start following prices.

People are seeing the price reduction as bad for Tesla or as Tesla doing badly, but me thinks that they simply just want to expand their market share in the Car industry generally, and not only the EV sub division, but to dominate the entire Industry.

The fact that you guys are happy and are all talking about getting a Tesla for cheap shows that it's working.

In 2/3 years you'll probably be finding more Tesla saloon cars on the American road as much as you'll find a Toyota due to this step. More money from After sales service and spare part sales will increase their revenue as well, with more people using it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by timay1: 9:04am On Jan 14, 2023
Ekemeze:

I stand to be corrected but I believe that the more Republican party fight this cultural war and moral decadence, the more Gen Z embraces Democratic party. It's obvious now that the democrats have successfully convinced these youngsters that the republican party is anti-science, don't want LGBTQ, conspiracy theorists.

If majority of Gen Z embraces Democratic party, then what will be left of republican party in future?

It's only temporary bro. Half of the Gen Z will become conservative again as they become older, and realities of life challenges start setting in. It's always been like that.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2023
Weregonnalose:

kikikikiki this shoot ah shoot isa leg with ah useless ah book.

He’s a fool. It’s all down hill for him from here. There is no second act once you dump all over your whole family like this. Once they strip his titles and Americans get board with him then that b!tch will dump him and it’s over.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2023
timay1:

It's only temporary bro. Half of the Gen Z will become conservative again as they become older, and realities of life challenges start setting in. It's always been like that.

Exactly what I said bro. People get more conservative with age and responsibility. Liberalism is usually just a symptom of youthful exuberance. Although some people never mature sha.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:41am On Jan 14, 2023
timay1:

People are seeing the price reduction as bad for Tesla or as Tesla doing badly, but me thinks that they simply just want to expand their market share in the Car industry generally, and not only the EV sub division, but to dominate the entire Industry.

The fact that you guys are happy and are all talking about getting a Tesla for cheap shows that it's working.

In 2/3 years you'll probably be finding more Tesla saloon cars on the American road as much as you'll find a Toyota due to this step. More money from After sales service and spare part sales will increase their revenue as well, with more people using it.

anyone buying a used tesla is buying problems for themselves. tesla puts out a strict repair policy.
also, Demand for tesla is high... why BYD is giving them competition with their cheap entry-level cars, Tesla cannot still meet up with demand as people who order the cars wait months before they get theirs.

I was telling my friend that Tesla will be forced to cut the price or make entry-level cheap Evs since Tesla is in the Luxurius market.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
IjeBos:

My man. I told you you couldn't help yourself. 2 Kikikis and a homosexual reference. The trifecta. You really do have tourrette's.
I had to google kikiki (men don't use that ish), and what do you know. Even the word kikiki is something homosexuals use. Just come out already. It'll be ok.

But we have evidence that a white man fvcked you in his Benz after a romantic steak dinner and cheap red wine.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
Weregonnalose:

Ijebos isa wait for tha sugar daddy to screw Isa rectum for ah picture of ah Benz ye grin

grin grin

He usually screws IjeBos on the weekends so we might get picture of the Benz this weekend after white boy is done sodomizing him.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
SlyFoxxWontDie:

Budaatum, hypocrite. You suddenly care about policy and think investigations of the president are bad. Hahahaha.

Actually, investigation of the president is good. It's the only way we find out if he did wrong so we can decide to punish or not.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
budaatum:

Actually, investigation of the president is good. It's the only way we find out if he did wrong so we can decide to punish or not.

So why are you crying like a baby now that the republicans are investigating your god Biden? When do you plan to stop being a hypocrite?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
Weregonnalose:

Ijebos isa wait for tha sugar daddy to screw Isa rectum for ah picture of ah Benz ye grin

Imagine sitting in Nigeria with me on your mind while this is what's on my mind the next few days. Live your Life. #bachelorparty

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
JUST IN - Biden aides find five more classified documents.

The fbi rely on the aides to keep finding them. You would think they should search the whole house themselves by now.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
SlyFoxxWontDie:

So why are you crying like a baby now that the republicans are investigating your god Biden? When do you plan to stop being a hypocrite?

Who told you Biden is my god, and where did you see me crying at him being investigated?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
budaatum:

Who told you Biden is my god, and where did you see me crying at him being investigated?

Okay sorry that wasn’t you. I don’t look at username sometimes. I thought you were the person who quoted me initially.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxxWontDie: 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
benalvino3:
JUST IN - Biden aides find five more classified documents.

The fbi rely on the aides to keep finding them. You would think they should search the whole house themselves by now.

If it’s Trump now FBI would have raided but this is a headache Democrats caused for themselves. When you over-criminalize small matters like this to get your enemies it’s only a matter of time before you fall victim to the new standards yourself. Every president has had issues with some classified documents following them out the White House. They only made it such a big deal because “orange man bad”

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
Montana man who took his juvenile son on 3-day road trip to the US Capitol for Jan. 6 is arrested and charged.

Patrick William O'Brien, 54, was arraigned Thursday on three misdemeanor charges, including entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building, and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building, according to the Department of Justice.

Prosecutors said O'Brien and his young son, whose age was not specified, took a road trip to reach the nation's Capitol in time for the insurrection. The duo traveled 39 hours over the course of three days to reach DC, according to court documents obtained by the Associated Press.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
SlyFoxxWontDie:

If it’s Trump now FBI would have raided but this is a headache Democrats caused for themselves. When you over-criminalize small matters like this to get your enemies it’s only a matter of time before you fall victim to the new standards yourself. Every president has had issues with some classified documents following them out the White House. They only made it such a big deal because “orange man bad”

Liberal democrats shooting themselves in the foot. They raided Trump Now they have Biden who was a VP with no declass powers hiding Top Secret documents unlike Trump who could like a Priest say everything is declassed.
Liberals decided that federal judges can be appointed by a majority in the Senate,. Trump ended up appointing quite a number
Liberals decided house speaker can arbirtary appoint a committee to do a colonoscopy on anyone. Today they dont have the gavel and 3 members have been kicked out and some investigations sure to follow. The sham commitee recomended criminal referal of Steve Bannon for refusing to appear before a sham committe,lets see whether they indict Democrats and DOJ takes up the case

Liberalism is a mental disorder

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
First group of migrants arrive under U.S. sponsorship program that has approved hundreds of cases in days.

The first group of migrants allowed to come to the U.S. legally under an expanded private sponsorship immigration process arrived earlier this week, just days after it was launched by the Biden administration to discourage illegal border crossings, government figures obtained by CBS News show.

Ten migrants have entered the U.S. under the program, which will allow up to 30,000 Cubans, Haitians, Nicaraguans and Venezuelans with American-based financial sponsors to fly into the U.S. each month. The first arrivals occurred Tuesday, five days after the U.S. began accepting applications for the program

(1) (2) (3) ... (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) ... (4181) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: basilico and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.