Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,226 members, 7,849,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1681057 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) (3690) (3691) ... (4165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:42am On Mar 01, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Epstein: Filthy Rich will be so interesting. Speaking of sex predators, I wonder if it’ll narrate how Jeffrey and Gislane introduced Donald to Melania? Jeffrey told the story first then Donald told his edited version, a 3rd party may narrate it better.

There was no mention of Melania. In fact, not much about dump neither, but it was really about Epstein and those who abused girls, which dump hasn't been accused of by any of them.

Even Clinton was not accused, nor was Gates nor the Pope, nor Chris Tucker.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:29am On Mar 01, 2023
budaatum:

There was no mention of Melania. In fact, not much about dump neither, but it was really about Epstein and those who abused girls, which dump hasn't been accused of by any of them.

Even Clinton was not accused, nor was Gates nor the Pope, nor Chris Tucker.

Got it. Happy that it zoned in on his dirt and his dirt alone. I’m going to have to watch it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 4:49am On Mar 01, 2023
Congratulobia

Jagaban ofu Borgu

Kikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 4:54am On Mar 01, 2023
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:36am On Mar 01, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Got it. Happy that it zoned in on his dirt and his dirt alone. I’m going to have to watch it.

The clients are influential people. Some have been accused eg Prince Android who settled out of court.
The feds don't want to investigate at all. They would be happy to link Trump with the paedos. Speaking of which he would ask girls to wear school uniform -it gave him a kick.

Slick Wully was a frequent guest of Epstein.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:59am On Mar 01, 2023
I'm talking about globalists. They are Marxists-. Want total control . The fourth industrial revolution is fusing the human with technology via implants...
to improve the human race....a bit of genetic engineering
This Canadian is bragging about technology to track individual carbon footprint + track where you shop,eat, travel on an individual basis.
Take these globalists seriously Climate change is the way to gain control of everything.

https://mobile.twitter.com/goddeketal/status/1629986426392842240/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1629986426392842240&currentTweetUser=goddeketal

They have a 2030 goal . The one person who can derail them is Trump. Expect Trump to be dragged through the mud, possibly get indicted, his aides to get jailed, his supporters to be labeled domestic terrorists.

Globalists push climate nonsense to gain control. Trump called GW a hoax and would not waste money on climate initiatives. Neither would Trump start wars. Thus starving the globalists.. They will put Trump through the wringer.

Listen to this globalist explain how genetic editing will change you . This is Klaus Schwab chair and founder of WEF. Take him seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUV_mZgkODs
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:49am On Mar 01, 2023
These globalists meet at Davos every year.Putin was a guest probably a member, they seem to have thrown him out and want him out of power
Not everyone who attends Davos is part of the club.
Membership tops $600K per year for the elite. 1040 private jets landed at Davos this year, they declared that climate change is the worst crisis facing the world and urgent attention needs to be undertaken. .....reduce fossil fuels .. One way would be to depress the economy so people don't drive or drive less or use public means.A good way to depress the economy is to ramp up inflation, depress oil production at home, start wars in Russia/Ukraine and blow up pipelines, Aided by a compliant media downplay state of economy, keep the lefties busy on CRT, Roe vs Wade, Trump crimes, safe spaces, gender identities, defund police, drag shows for kids, reparations,l bgtqa activism, justice for GF,ban assault weapon s, etc while the globalists execute their plans.

These elites are serious.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:58am On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:
These globalists meet at Davos every year.

My next watch is Q:Into the Storm.

It's real title should be How Bas Lost the Use of His Mind, because it shows how aliens sucked out bas' brain and replaced it with mush while he slept.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 9:42am On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:
I'm talking about globalists. They are Marxists-. Want total control . The fourth industrial revolution is fusing the human with technology via implants...
This Canadian is bragging about technology to track individual carbon footprint + track where you shop,eat, travel on an individual basis.
Take these globalists seriously Climate change is the way to gain control of everything.

https://mobile.twitter.com/goddeketal/status/1629986426392842240/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1629986426392842240&currentTweetUser=goddeketal

They have a 2030 goal . The one person who can derail them is Trump. Expect Trump to be dragged through the mud, possibly get indicted, his aides to get jailed, his supporters to be labeled domestic terrorists.

Globalists push climate nonsense to gain control. Trump called GW a hoax and would not waste money on climate initiatives. Neither would Trump start wars. Thus starving the globalists.. They will put Trump through the wringer.

Listen to this globalist explain how genetic editing will change you . This is Klaus Schwab chair and founder of WEF. Take him seriously

---Basilico have started again with his baseless theories---

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

The move to eliminate fossil fuels. New power grids, charging stations,EV cars, Solar panels, Wind and solar power farms and other clean energy like hydro and geothermal mega projects.
A lot of countries will have to borrow from IMF or WB in order to achieve those goals of clean energy. Money to be paid back with interest, further burdening them.
Once beef is banned we shall eat lab meat or ze bugs.
Plenty of opportunities to invest.
Poor countries already get majority of their power from hydro. Africa is already the continent least reliant on fossil fuel.
With a country like Nigeria having over 70% of it's electricity from renewable sources.

The burden of switching over is mostly on the more developed countries (US, Europe, China...), which are the major polluters. I'm sure they can afford it.
And the process can also create a lot of employment, which is a win win in my book.

Wait, what's wrong with having an alternate source of protein in lab grown meat or insects? If it tastes good I don't really care.
The lab grown meat thing is a market for people that believe in vegan ethics, and
Have you never eaten Nigerian fried and peppered grasshoppers?
At the moment I haven't seen any political push to ban beef production, but people are completely on board with better farming practices that releases less methane.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

You need look no further than the WEF if you are searching for globalists They believe corporate bodies should play a greater role in running world affairs tg the WHO is pushing for a treaty where they are in charge of any future pandemic, overriding national govts when it comes to forced vax, lockdowns, treatment schedules..You see - a global body in charge of national health matters.
The elites know what's best for you
The WEF, IMF and WB are just a bunch of neolibs, that push for neolib policies in 3rd world poor countries, under the ideological belief that it would be to their best interest, but in reality it just opens those countries to exploitation by multinational corporations.

So, you mean the "globalists" are just neolib capitalists?

And you would be wrong on the WHO treaty thing, plus the WHO is not a governing body any such attempts would be very impractical.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-world-health-organization-pandemic-treaty-212446302001

I think the globalists are now very powerful. They forced people indoors, forced vaccines, suppressed any negative covax stories etc.
The lockdowns were done by national and state governments.
No one was forceful administered the vaccines, at least not in the US.

And this would also be false, as we've had media coverage of negative vax stories aswell.
Example https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-60757293

Russia is now isolated China is being threatened with dire consequences if they sell lethal arms to Russia.
Russia could have chosen to not invade Ukraine, and not isolate itself.

Yes, china will face sanctions from Ukrainian allies, if they openly start supply weapons to Russia.

Anything against the narrative is squashed by a compliant media. Ukraine war would have been avoided if that clown just agreed to not join NATO, hundreds of thousands of lives have been lost. You can be sure big global companies will be paid billions to rebuild Ukraine once the war is over.
Why was Ukraine interested in joining NATO to begin with?
Could it be because they fared being invaded by Russia (what is happening now), the reason a lot of ex Soviet states joined NATO.
And didn't Russia consistently lie about not wanting to invade Ukraine up until the invitation?

Yes, Ukraine will have to be rebuilt when this war ends, and some people are going to make money off it, but who's fault is that if not Russia's aggression.

Once they introduce a Fed Digital currency, you will be tracked, not that you are currently not being tracked on demand
All digital transactions are currently trackable, Americans have lost their right to privacy since the Patriot act, anyway.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

A lot of funds are granted to research bodies and universities A lot of money is expended. Al Gore is a billionaire selling carbon credits and climate doomsday scenarios that have never materialized. Buy some carbon credits from him..He will turn out a profit.

Yes, the government and private institutions fund research of different kinds, which includes climate change. That's how it works.

And there's more money to be made grifting for the fossil fuel industry than working as researcher in a university.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

Fossils are here to stay. Big oil knows that. They play along to avoid getting sued by climate activists.For instance Exxon has been accused of sitting on some research they conducted in the 70s , a pure nothing burger that is bandied around as proof of global warming.

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/12/exxon-climate-research-predicted-global-warming

The link you posted supports my position, they knew the effects, but purposefully downplayed it.

If a company was producing a substance and knew that substance had a negative effect, but don't make it known to the general public or even go so far as to deny that negative effects.
Like say Cigarettes and lung cancer.

Do you support them getting off Scott free?

Notice now its climate change not global warming.

Climate denier is a term slapped on to those who don't believe in GW.Similar to election denier..,,Kinda ryhmes with holocaust denier, a term (denier) no one wants to be associated with. Climate change denier is meant to shut down it's critics
Global warming reference to the general increase of the average surface temperature of the planet.
Climate change reference to the change in the long term weather patterns and temperatures.

You're just playing semantic here, both phrases refer to generally the same thing. As the cause of climate change is global warming.

If a person denies a proven truth or a general scientific consensus, what words do you use to describe them?
You can criticize climate research, but you'll have to demonstrate an understanding of what you're criticizing, and if you choose to do it in ignorance, don't be surprised when people don't take you seriously or call you an idiot.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

No scientist has ever proven that increase in CO2 causes an increase in temperature.
In the last 20 years there was no increase in temperatures.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/why-did-earth%E2%80%99s-surface-temperature-stop-rising-past-decade
Now this is just a lie.
Did you not read the study you linked yourself?

See screenshots below.
The pause was cause by temperatures being transferred to the bottom of the oceans which were recorded, and still overall every decade is recorded to have an average temperature higher than the next.

Notice how the terms have changed From Global cooling to global warming to Climate change. Today climate crisis is being drummed into our heads subtly.
Computer models can be fed any data to produce a desired result.
Models are always going to be incomplete simulations of reality.
But do you really think that's how things are done, you just input any made up data to get a result?

Look up how Stephen McIntyre of www.climateaudit.org
was never given the data to analyse on the famous hockey stick.
Any extreme weather can be blamed on climate change.

Saudi Arabia got snow last week first time in fifty years. ,global warming cannot explain that but climate change can.
See what I'm getting at? Goalposts keep shifting.
I have no idea who Stephen mclntyre is or why he couldn't get the data for his analysis and I'm uninterested.

Once again the climate change we're talking about is caused by global warming, I gave you a definition of these phrases in a previous post.

Certain changes in, frequency and intensity in some weather patterns, like heatwaves and droughts can indeed be attributed to climate change.

I don't know the history or frequency of snow in Saudi Arabia, so I'm unsure if this can be attributed to climate change, and I can't seem to find any news from 2023 confirming this happened.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2023
Thought this was a thoughtful article.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: My Country Is in a Fragile Place
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/28/opinion/nigerian-elections-obi.html

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

It's not man made actions causing temperatures to rise. China and India are rolling out new coal plants every week.China licenced 168 new cola plants, last year, 50 are already being constructed.

Furthermore no co-relation has proven higher CO2 levels cause rise in global temperatures At one time in the medieval ages the concentration of CO2 was higher than today.
Citation needed for the bolded

Do you not believe in cause and effect?
Or is it that you don't believe CO2 is a greenhouse gas?

Which of these facts will you deny?

And people still smoke, it doesn't disprove it causes lung cancer, it just means they don't care about the consequences.

Please tell me how deserts came into being,
https://www.cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/geology/deserts-and-winds/distribution-and-causes-of-deserts#:~:text=Most%20of%20the%20world's%20deserts,resulting%20climate%20is%20very%20dry.
did stone age man burn fossils.
An irrelevant question, as were talking about global warming caused by the release of CO2 since the industrial revolution.

The population numbers and human activities prior to the industrial revolution weren't large scale enough to have much impact on the environment.

Have the glaciers melted?
What do you think caused the horrific floods in Pakistan recently?
And here's a visualization of the melting of poler Ice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MhcPvX7enA

Why is polar bear population increasing?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/01/27/fact-check-false-claim-global-population-polar-bears-increasing/11092356002/
Why is Manhattan not underwater by now as predicted?
Could you provide me the study or journal that made this prediction?

The elites fly in private jets and buy beach homes...the likes of Biden, Gates, Obama, Al Gore, George Soros etc.
They talk about sea level rising but buy islands and beach homes.
So we can conclude that they are idiots?

The rise in sea level and change in climate conditions are not a rapid thing, I'm sure they'll get to enjoy their property and die before they get to feel the effects of CC.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
DeusXmachina:

And people still smoke, it doesn't disprove it causes lung cancer, it just means they don't care about the consequences.

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/geology/deserts-and-winds/distribution-and-causes-of-deserts#:~:text=Most%20of%20the%20world's%20deserts,resulting%20climate%20is%20very%20dry.

An irrelevant question, as were talking about global warming caused by the release of CO2 since the industrial revolution.

The population numbers and human activities prior to the industrial revolution weren't large scale enough to have much impact on the environment.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/01/27/fact-check-false-claim-global-population-polar-bears-increasing/11092356002/

The rise in sea level and change in climate conditions are not a rapid thing, I'm sure they'll get to enjoy their property and die before they get to feel the effects of CC.

So you think humans are generating more co2 into the atmosphere causing the planet to heat up?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:06pm On Mar 01, 2023
feedthenation:

---Basilico have started again with his baseless theories---

If I have lied then prove the lie. Dismissed.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2023
that is all they know, "Professional victimhood".
Identity.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blames her re-election loss on racism and her gender.

If a black person wins on the right... it is because of racism and white supremacy. some amazon girl from aba was making that claim here. she says she is a feminist, and pro-black... but when a black woman wins, she won because of white supremacy and racism.

the people on the left are comedies.

See all the racism and gender discrimination in the photo

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

Total fearmongering. Droughts have always been there, storms, tornadoes etc There is no proof that tornadoes have increased in frequency ( they change it to intensity). A
Simple volcanic eruption dumps more gases than several continent's emit CO2.
I'd rather complain and end up being wrong, than not and be correct.

There is no conclusive study on the impact of cc on tornadoes, and I couldn't find any that were predicting an increase in frequency or intensity of tornadoes. So you're arguing with no one here.
https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/tornadoes-and-climate-change/

However yes, cc has been linked to an increase in intensity of storms.

And you would be wrong about that. The volcano would have to be a super volcano, otherwise human activities release 100s times more than normal size volcanoes.
https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/42/what-do-volcanoes-have-to-do-with-climate-change/

Using media the narrative h been driven, the big tech is in cahoots where a negative opinion is quickly taken down.
Can you give me an example of a negative opinion that got taken down quickly.

This war.. WW2 has more footage on YouTube than this war .. in todays world where capturing a video is much easier , everyone has a phone. Tell me why there is more WW2 footage on YouTube than this Ukraine Russia war. That's because media feeds you what they want you to see or hear.
Have you considered the scale and duration of the war?

And I disagree with you here, you can find numerous footage of the Ukraine war all over the internet, you just have to look for it.

To summarize the whole global warming climate change is a ploy by the globalists to exert more control over you. You will eat Ze bugs, by 2030 you will own nothing but will be happy. You will be living in 15 minute cities where everything is available which means you don't need to own a car. You might require a permit to move from your zone.
I still don't get how the "globalists" are going exert more control with climate change?

If you're referring to corporate business interests eating into the lives of people more and more, I'm a leftist I'm all for massive regulations and taxes on them, to prevent that, as well as the nationalization of something like big pharma.
Implementation of the anti trust laws, to break up monopolies like Amazon, increase minimum wage, better working conditions, paid sick and parental leave.

I'm not sure what world you live in where better access to services and a 15min walkable city is a bad thing? Not everyone is able to even afford a car.
Plus less cars = less air pollution, less noise pollution, healthier people considering you have to walk or bike everywhere, more socialization between people.

The fourth revolution being bandied around is fusing humans with technology. Improving the human race by use of implants for instance...a bit of genetic engineering.
Incase my moniker doesn't convey this I'm a believer in Transhumanist philosophy, if this tech, or genetic engineering betters the lives of people, you will have to make a case to convince me how that's a bad thing.

Those globalists at WEF are absolutely nuts.

For them to achieve their 2030 goals , they must crash economies and Build Back Better. Check out how many countries budget this year is anchored on Build Back Better.
The ultimate goal is control. The other day they were talking about banning gas stoves, In Sri Lanka they banned fertilizer because it's a by product of fossil fuels leading to starvation and govt overthrowal.
I don't really get you, you complain about "globalists" but all I'm able to understand is that these are just the already wealthy multiple national capitalists.
But when someone calls for taxation of the filthy rich, to fund better social services and build new infrastructure, I'm sure you'll oppose it.
If someone push for better protections, and corporate regulations to keep them from becoming too powerful or impacting the health of people negatively, I'm sure you'll oppose it.

An example is the gas stove discourse. A study showed that it's been linked respiratory illnesses in children. So if we follow the science, the best course of action here? It is to phase them out. Over 60% of Americans already use electric stoves. So eventually having the remaining percentage to switch over to electric over time makes sense.
But you've been pulled into this manufactured outrage here where the only people that would be impacted negatively here by the phase out are the gas companies.

Nope the Sri Lankan fertilizer ban, was caused by a shortage in forex and bs advice from empty headed Anti GMO activist Vandana Shiva that convinced them that they could go organic.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2023
benalvino3:

So you think humans are generating more co2 into the atmosphere causing the planet to heat up?
Yes
That's what the evidence shows.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

People at the IMF, WB, WEF are not Marxists not in the least, these people are capitalists to their core, with the level of exploitation and profit seeking they endorse.

And trump's policies favored corporate interests more than the well being of the people.

So your claims are baseless.

The individual carbon footprint thing was bs to begin with.
It was Corporations pushing the responsibly of carbon emissions onto individual people, when in reality what is need to cut carbon emissions are changes on the systematic and policy level.

You still have to make the individual case of why implantable tech and genetic engineering are somehow inherently evil.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
benalvino3:
that is all they know, "Professional victimhood".
Identity.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blames her re-election loss on racism and her gender.

If a black person wins on the right... it is because of racism and white supremacy. some amazon girl from aba was making that claim here. she says she is a feminist, and pro-black... but when a black woman wins, she won because of white supremacy and racism.

the people on the left are comedies.

See all the racism and gender discrimination in the photo

How did she win in the first place despite the racism and gender or was she recently assigned a gender?

If these are the contenders, This is diverse enough unless they are something else identifying as black people

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:
These globalists meet at Davos every year.Putin was a guest probably a member, they seem to have thrown him out and want him out of power
Not everyone who attends Davos is part of the club.
Membership tops $600K per year for the elite. 1040 private jets landed at Davos this year, they declared that climate change is the worst crisis facing the world and urgent attention needs to be undertaken. .....reduce fossil fuels .. One way would be to depress the economy so people don't drive or drive less or use public means.A good way to depress the economy is to ramp up inflation, depress oil production at home, start wars in Russia/Ukraine and blow up pipelines, Aided by a compliant media downplay state of economy, keep the lefties busy on CRT, Roe vs Wade, Trump crimes, safe spaces, gender identities, defund police, drag shows for kids, reparations,l bgtqa activism, justice for GF,ban assault weapon s, etc while the globalists execute their plans.

These elites are serious.
If they were serious, they can easily lobby for actual change with the amount of wealth they possessed.

Push for legislation to phase out fossil fuel and build up renewables and nuclear plants, and massive build up projects for electric trains and electric car infrastructure.

But guess who profited the most during the fuel price hikes?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
Ok, I'll chill for now, and stop replying balisco for a bit.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
DeusXmachina:

Yes
That's what the evidence shows.

Evidence shows that Humans produce 34 billion tonnes of CO2 every year and Nature produces 750 billion tonnes of Co2 every year.
Factor in the Sun which is getting hotter and bigger, which means it is getting closer to earth, and the sun is in its most active cycle... The season when the sun is hotter. One can tell by simple thermodynamics that if the energy from the sun increases, that means the energy that hits the earth will increase too.

do you know how much Co2 one volcanic eruption can put in the atmosphere? Humans contribute to the earth's CO2... but it is nothing compared to Nature.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2023
raumdeuter:

How did she win in the first place despite the racism and gender or was she recently assigned a gender?

If these are the contenders, This is diverse enough unless they are something else identifying as black people

we should ask budaatum and his friends here... they are masters of professional victimhood.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2023
DeusXmachina:

The climate has always changed. Carbon dioxide makes o.1% of atmospheric gases Yet it causes global warming? Gimmie a break
When they say the concentration has increased from 0.28 to 0.44 ppm ( parts per million, that looks like something major. For a gas that is less than 0.1% of atmospheric gases.

You are the idiots selling beach houses at throwaway prices to the elites because sea levels may rise.

Al Gore film made these claims .Polar beasr to be extinct, glaciers to melt , Manhattan to be under the sea by 2020.
Total bull A gas 0.1% is responsible for the Earth's temperature.

Pakistan floods were caused by climate change?

How about the snow in Saudi Arabia which last occured more than 50 years ago?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
benalvino3:

Evidence shows that Humans produce 34 billion tonnes of CO2 every year and Nature produces 750 billion tonnes of Co2 every year.
Source for your numbers.

However, yes nature produces more carbon than humans, and since it's a cycle, it also absorbs the carbon it releases (the carbon cycle) and a quantity of what humans emit as well, the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere is the net carbon not absorbed.
https://www.che-project.eu/news/main-sources-carbon-dioxide-emissions

Factor in the Sun which is getting hotter and bigger, which means it is getting closer to earth, and the sun is in its most active cycle... The season when the sun is hotter. One can tell by simple thermodynamics that if the energy from the sun increases, that means the energy that hits the earth will increase too.
Yes the numbers have been adjusted for solar activity, and no the sun isn't responsible.
https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/14/is-the-sun-causing-global-warming/

do you know how much Co2 one volcanic eruption can put in the atmosphere? Humans contribute to the earth's CO2... but it is nothing compared to Nature.
Sure, but which volcanic activity is responsible?
And even if a super volcano were to erupt, it would out put roughly the same amount of CO2 we do in a year.
https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/42/what-do-volcanoes-have-to-do-with-climate-change/

Keep in mind, even if the increase in CO2 is somehow proven to natural and this climate change is entirely natural, my position doesn't change, we should become less reliant on fossil fuels, and carbon capture technology should be invested in.
Because this rate of change is faster than changes in the past, it's too fast that there's uncertainty on whether there is enough time for the natural environment to adapt to it. The heating up of the oceans, the change in acidity, and salinity there are delicate balances in nature that such changes can have unpredictable consequences.

Like hypothetically what do you think would happen if one of these killed off plankton life in the oceans?
We already have proof that increasing temps are killing off corel.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DeusXmachina: 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
basilico:

The climate has always changed. Carbon dioxide makes o.1% of atmospheric gases Yet it causes global warming? Gimmie a break
When they say the concentration has increased from 0.28 to 0.44 ppm ( parts per million, that looks like something major. For a gas that is less than 0.1% of atmospheric gases.
Just say you're scientifically illiterate, and move on.

Yes changing and doubling the concentration of a gas in the atmosphere, does have an effect, that's how cause and effect works.
In this case CO2 is characteristic in absorbing ir radiation.

You are the idiots selling beach houses at throwaway prices to the elites because sea levels may rise.
I see no problem with this, it's their money, let them trow it away.

Al Gore film made these claims .Polar beasr to be extinct, glaciers to melt , Manhattan to be under the sea by 2020.
Total bull A gas 0.1% is responsible for the Earth's temperature.
I'm sorry, is Al Gore, a climate scientist, or the authority on climate change?

Pakistan floods were caused by climate change?
Yes they were as a result of melting glacial ice, attributed to cc.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Pakistan_floods

How about the snow in Saudi Arabia which last occured more than 50 years ago?
Couldn't find evidence of this happening.
And I have no proof or reason to attribute it to cc.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:05am On Mar 02, 2023
The entire foreign affairs/politics section has been taken over by the mentally ill. The thread titles are clickbait, the threads make no sense, and the same irrelevant pictures and cartoons are copied and pasted endlessly. Hate to see it.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Lunja: 5:43am On Mar 02, 2023
Fake news alert from a fake american.

Fvck off!!

1stGenAmerican:
The entire foreign affairs/politics section has been taken over by the mentally ill. The thread titles are clickbait, the threads make no sense, and the same irrelevant pictures and cartoons are copied and pasted endlessly. Hate to see it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) (3690) (3691) ... (4165) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.