Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,774 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1699944 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (4180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzens: 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

And you believe that Soleimani would order the attack on US embassy and then order his supporters to write boldly write on the US embassy walls "Qassam Soleimani ordered the attack on US embassy" or "we are supporters of Qassam Soleimani" if you believe that then you will believe Trump would order his supporters to carry a placard reading " I withheld aid to Ukraine to help my 2020 re-election" on the senate floor during the impeachment trial.
There are videos of his militia leaders leading the assault on the embassy, most of them have either been killed or arrested. this argument is mute, no one, not even the Iranians are disputing the fact that his militia forces attacked the the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
ribbit:
[s][/s]where is your proof?

kanu created a terrorist organization operating in south east nigeria for more than 10 years.

Ok
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
garetz:

There are videos of his militia leaders leading the assault on the embassy, most of them have either been killed or arrested. this argument is mute, no one, not even the Iranians are disputing the fact that his militia forces attacked the the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.
That’s what I asked earlier ooo, neither the Iranian government nor Soleimani while alive have been documented to distance themselves from the attack on the Embassy and US citizens guess they appointed deluded spokesmen on Nairaland to do that for them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

O boy see allegations and speculations without any proof whatsoever.

In that case;
Soleimani caused Hurricane Karina.
Soleimani caused Hurricane Maria.
Soleimani caused the 2018's Camp Fire.
Soleimani caused the 2014 california earthquake.

The same Soleimani that was a US ally during the early days of the Afghan war.
Everything I listed there are indisputable facts.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Fash20: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
ribbit:
why is this one comparing apple and oranges?

has Soleimani come out to claim responsibility for all the allegation levelled against him by America like bin ladden?

how many videos of Soleimani have you seen him claiming responsibility for so so attack on americans?

can you tell the difference between shekau and Nnamdi kanu?
would you support Nigerian government giving kanu shekau's treatment if they catch both of them today?
Spot on bro.. The way some people think irritates me

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Iran sabotages 6 oil tankers in Strait of Hormuz , Trump downplays it

Iran shots down US drone, Trump downplays it

Attacks Saudi Oil field ,Trump does nothing

Iran attacks US embassy, Trump finally responds

Liberal dumbos: WHY DOES HE WANT WAR?!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
garetz:

I have not seen the videos. Can you please send links?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
LoL! It seems Trump used Iraq to lure out Soleiman so he can be assassinated.

“I received a phone call from @realDonaldTrump when the embassy protests ended thanking the government efforts and asked Iraq to play the mediator's role between US and Iran” Iraqi PM said.

“But at the same time American helicopters and drones were flying without the approval of Iraq, and we refused the request of bringing more soldiers to US embassy and bases” iraqi PM said.

“I was supposed to meet Soleimani at the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver me a message from Iran responding to the message we delivered from Saudi to Iran” Iraqi PM said.

Now Iraq Parliament has voted to kick out US troops. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by mysticwarrior(m): 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
garetz:

we would appreciate it if you could post the videos here to give more credits to your claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzens: 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2020
Iran just excited the JCPOA!! This idiot in his small man reasoning of owning Obama just turn the middle east in another of his numerous clusterfuckery.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Leister: 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
LordReed:
LoL! It seems Trump used Iraq to lure out Soleiman so he can be assassinated.

“I received a phone call from @realDonaldTrump when the embassy protests ended thanking the government efforts and asked Iraq to play the mediator's role between US and Iran” Iraqi PM said.

“But at the same time American helicopters and drones were flying without the approval of Iraq, and we refused the request of bringing more soldiers to US embassy and bases” iraqi PM said.

“I was supposed to meet Soleimani at the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver me a message from Iran responding to the message we delivered from Saudi to Iran” Iraqi PM said.

Now Iraq Parliament has voted to kick out US troops. LMFAO!
Was that not what Americans always wanted? for their troops to come home? Trump should bring them home ASAP!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Leister:

Was that not what Americans always wanted? for their troops to come home? Trump should bring them home ASAP!

After just sending 3,000 after the assassination? LoL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Leister: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
LordReed:

The 3,000 were not sent to Iraq, they were sent to Saudi and Kuwait

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
Leister:

The 3,000 were not sent to Iraq

Well they weren't sent home is the point. Trump has increased US troop presence in the middle east since he became president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Leister: 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
LordReed:

Well they weren't sent home is the point. Trump has increased US troop presence in the middle east since he became president.
I am saying Trump should bring home the troops in Iraq since the Iraqis want them out and Americans want them to come home. Then it's a win-win situation for all.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2020
Leister:
I am saying Trump should bring home the troops in Iraq since the Iraqis want them out and Americans want them to come home. Then it's a win-win situation for all.

Well, for the troops who will get to go home maybe but I can guarantee US will increase troop deployment this year again so even if the 5000+ troops all leave Iraq (and not get diverted like they were in Syria) more will be out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
garetz:

I have been waiting for the videos showing Soleimani's men attacking the US embassy in Baghdad. I hope you will not show the video of a small number of protesters protesting (sometimes violently) in a small corner of the US embassy and writing "we are Soleimani's supporters" on a wall.
The embassy is on 100 acres - the size of Vatican City. The embassy was not attacked with heavy weaponry, like the type of missiles used to attack Saudi oil refinery a few weeks back.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

I have been waiting for the videos showing Soleimani's men attacking the US embassy in Baghdad. I hope you will not show the video of a small number of protesters protesting (sometimes violently) in a small corner of the US embassy and writing "we are Soleimani's supporters" on a wall.
The embassy is on 100 acres - the size of Vatican City. The embassy was not attacked with heavy weaponry, like the type of missiles used to attack Saudi oil refinery a few weeks back.
What exactly are you arguing, are you saying it wasn't Soleimani's militia that attacked the the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad? if that's what you are saying, then you are either being dishonest or you've not been following the news at all. That they carried out the attack is not in dispute by anyone, not even by the Iranians. And you're already trying to move the goalposts by talking of heavy weaponry, did anybody claim they attacked the embassy with heavy weaponry? At least you admit the attack on Saudi oil fields, another Iranian provocative action just like the attack on ships in the strait of Hormuz, shooting down US drones and the attacks on the compound housing American citizens. Stop trying to paint Iran as a victim here, they have been looking for trouble and they got exactly what they were looking for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Kopfschmerzens:
Iran just excited the JCPOA!! This idiot in his small man reasoning of owning Obama just turn the middle east in another of his numerous clusterfuckery.
Are you living on planet Mars? The JCPOA was dead the moment the US pulled out of it over a year ago.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
garetz:

What exactly are you arguing, are you saying it wasn't Soleimani's militia that attacked the the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad? if that's what you are saying, then you are either being dishonest or you've not been following the news at all. That they carried out the attack is not in dispute by anyone, not even by the Iranians. And you're already trying to move the goalposts by talking of heavy weaponry, did anybody claim they attacked the embassy with heavy weaponry? At least you admit the attack on Saudi oil fields, another Iranian provocative action just like the attack on ships in the strait of Hormuz and the attacks on the compound housing American citizens. Stop trying to paint Iran as a victim here, they have been looking for trouble and they got exactly what they were looking for.

Why is it so hard for you to show any proof that the so called attack on the US embassy was carried out by Quds Force led by Soleimani.
The CNN report says the attack, which is actually a violent protest was carried out by The Popular Mobilization Forces, which is an umbrella name for some 40 militias that are mostly Shia Muslim groups, but also include Sunni Muslim, Christian, and Yazidi groups - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_Mobilization_Forces

My argument is that if it was the well equipped Quds Force led by Soleimani that attacked the US embassy, they would not be using fire bombs and heavy logs to try and breach the walls and doors. They have powerful missiles and sophisticated guns.

As I sad only a tiny section of the embassy was attacked. The embassy is over 100 acres and the embassy staffs were never evacuated from the embassy.

Here is the cnn report of the so called attack -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuFLbJJckn4

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
garetz:

Are you living on planet Mars? The JCPOA was dead the moment the US pulled out of it over a year ago.
Have you read the JCPOA? You guys just swallow whatever Trump shits out of his ass.

This is the agreement - https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/world/full-text-of-the-iran-nuclear-deal/1651/

I hope you can read it and comprehend it. This is an agreement signed by five of the most advanced countries of the world with participation of the UN. It smacks of arrogance to think you are wiser than all the people involved in this agreement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by airmark(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

And you believe that Soleimani would order the attack on US embassy and then order his supporters to write boldly write on the US embassy walls "Qassam Soleimani ordered the attack on US embassy" or "we are supporters of Qassam Soleimani" if you believe that then you will believe Trump would order his supporters to carry a placard reading " I withheld aid to Ukraine to help my 2020 re-election" on the senate floor during the impeachment trial.

You guys think America is stupid like Nigeria, treating terrorists with kid's glove. The best form of defence is attack, not even when the man had even killed many Americans and never hid his hatred for the country.

This is your Suleimani boasting below, before he got cleaned out. Nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03JezGLy5qA

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

Have you read the JCPOA? You guys just swallow whatever Trump shits out of his ass.

This is the agreement - https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/world/full-text-of-the-iran-nuclear-deal/1651/

I hope you can read it and comprehend it. This is an agreement signed by five of the most advanced countries of the world with participation of the UN. It smacks of arrogance to think you are wiser than all the people involved in this agreement.
The JCPOA was dead the moment the US pulled out of it over a year ago

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

Why is it so hard for you to show any proof that the so called attack on the US embassy was carried out by Quds Force led by Soleimani.
The CNN report says the attack, which is actually a violent protest was carried out by The Popular Mobilization Forces, which is an umbrella name for some 40 militias that are mostly Shia Muslim groups, but also include Sunni Muslim, Christian, and Yazidi groups - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_Mobilization_Forces

My argument is that if it was the well equipped Quds Force led by Soleimani that attacked the US embassy, they would not be using fire bombs and heavy logs to try and breach the walls and doors. They have powerful missiles and sophisticated guns.

As I sad only a tiny section of the embassy was attacked. The embassy is over 100 acres and the embassy staffs were never evacuated from the embassy.

Here is the cnn report of the so called attack -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuFLbJJckn4

The Popular Mobilization Forces are under the control of Soleimani, they are his boys.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
airmark:

You guys think America is stupid like Nigeria, treating terrorists with kid's glove. The best form of defence is attack, not even when the man had even killed many Americans and never hid his hatred for the country.

This is your Suleimani boasting below, before he got cleaned out. Nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03JezGLy5qA

So boasting is now a crime that warrants assassination, in that case Kim Jong un should have been assassinated long ago. What of Kanu that promises to destroy the zoo and bring Buhari's head on a plate? Maybe python dance is too mild, Maybe Buhari should have bombed his house with his family and dog in it.

From the video, you see his main grouse was against trump for pulling out of the nuclear agreement and various threats against Iranian leaders. Did he order or encourage anyone to attack the US? Did he lie when he talked about Afghanistan? Is the USA not still fighting the Taliban (a small inequipped militia group ) with over 100,000 troops and still unable to defeat them?

I am not holding forth for Iran, and I am definitely not supporting the Shias and all their destabilising activities, my problem is the use of assassinations and gra gra being employed by Trump. It will exasperate and complicate issues.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by airmark(m): 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

So boasting is now a crime that warrants assassination, in that case Kim Jong un should have been assassinated long ago. What of Kanu that promises to destroy the zoo and bring Buhari's head on a plate? Maybe python dance is too mild, Maybe Buhari should have bombed his house with his family and dog in it.

From the video, you see his main grouse was against trump for pulling out of the nuclear agreement and various threats against Iranian leaders. Did he order or encourage anyone to attack the US? Did he lie when he talked about Afghanistan? Is the USA not still fighting the Taliban (a small inequipped militia group ) with over 100,000 troops and still unable to defeat them?

I am not holding forth for Iran, and I am definitely not supporting the Shias and all their destabilising activities, my problem is the use of assassinations and gra gra being employed by Trump. It will exasperate and complicate issues.

Stop comparing Kanu to this powerful Jihadist masquerading as a general. He is known for killing Americans and making plans to continue with his jihadi moves, to please his god.

Why not another person? Was he the only man in Iran? Nigeria would have destroyed Boko haram, if they have same spirit/technology as America.

This is a warning shot for all those Jihadists in Iran, to shelve their evil plans towards America. No amount of deception or playing 'pity card' can mask their real intentions.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
LordReed:

You are illiterate in the affairs of strategy. A short term surge could be needed to work out a responsible pullout.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2020
zendi:

You are illiterate in the affairs of strategy. A short term surge could be needed to work out a responsible pullout.

Ahh really? That's why since Trump came into office troop deployment to the region have increased by the last count I saw 14,000. So you deploy an additional 14,000 troops so that 5,000 troops can leave the region. How short a term are we talking about cos its been 3 years, going on 4 since he was elected. Does he require another 4 years for this "short term" strategy?

BTW how many additional troops were sent to Syria after he announced their withdrawal?

LMFAO!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
The Great Nation of America is overrun by ANTIAMERICANS invading and attacking through The Left.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
...Assault weapon with Former First Lady (Hillary Clinton) insignias.....and a white nationalist symbols too...Another white supremacists coded message from Donald Trump Jr....If someone did that to his mother...he would be crying white militia tears...yet some good people here will always back Trump is not racist...

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CTPlayer: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
Guess who else Trump blew up? Another really bad Terrorist

Inside the plot by Iran’s Soleimani to attack U.S. forces in Iraq

(Reuters) - In mid-October, Iranian Major-General Qassem Soleimani met with his Iraqi Shi’ite militia allies at a villa on the banks of the Tigris River, looking across at the U.S. embassy complex in Baghdad.

The Revolutionary Guards commander instructed his top ally in Iraq, Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, and other powerful militia leaders to step up attacks on U.S. targets in the country using sophisticated new weapons provided by Iran, two militia commanders and two security sources briefed on the gathering told Reuters.

The strategy session, which has not been previously reported, came as mass protests against Iran’s growing influence in Iraq were gaining momentum, putting the Islamic Republic in an unwelcome spotlight. Soleimani’s plans to attack U.S. forces aimed to provoke a military response that would redirect that rising anger toward the United States, according to the sources briefed on the gathering, Iraqi Shi’ite politicians and government officials close to Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi.
Muhandis, like Soleimani, had long been on the radar of the United States, which had declared Muhandis a terrorist. In 2007, a Kuwaiti court sentenced him to death in absentia for his involvement in the 1983 U.S. and French embassy bombings in Kuwait.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-...SKBN1Z301Z

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (4180) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.