Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1609304 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 5:20am On Aug 06, 2020
Yes, watched it yesterday Tuesday on Fox news. I also watched Tucker Carlson breaking the news development.

1Sharon:

Did you even watch the video?

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 1Sharon(f): 6:09am On Aug 06, 2020
armyofone:
Yes, watched it yesterday Tuesday on Fox news. I also watched Tucker Carlson breaking the news development.

LOL.. did you watch full unedited 8 minute video?

If you don't see what the media is trying to do do, forget it.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 6:31am On Aug 06, 2020
1Sharon:

Stop supporting evil Lady. There's no justification for what those officers did to George Floyd. Think of George as your Brother, Uncle or Nephew. Wrong is wrong. George was brutally murdered in the day time by racist police officers. It's not the first time we have seen stuff like this. Google Eric Gardner and see the similarities. I have many names of people Police has killed in US in the last 6 months. So, stop justifying evil unless you have your own agenda.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AbdulSleeky: 6:44am On Aug 06, 2020
1Sharon:

Police or media??

The police. They should have released the body cam videos.

It is not as if the video existed and the media ignored it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AbdulSleeky: 6:46am On Aug 06, 2020
1Sharon:

Are you just justifying the kneeling on the back of Floyd?

The video only changes the criminal charges of the police officer from murder to criminal negligence or the least version of manslaughter

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 6:49am On Aug 06, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Are you just justifying the kneeling on the back of Floyd?

The video only changes the criminal charges of the police officer from murder to criminal negligence or the least version of manslaughter
It seems that lady surely have her own agenda. Only sexylasie I know is that clueless among the ladies we have here. That's why I asked her earlier if she's sexylasie and she denied it.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:49am On Aug 06, 2020
SonofLincoln:
Dumbo, you know nothing about America and that's why I keep teaching you basic politics 101. Following a worthless trump to his grave. You don't know the meaning of paid propagandist and if I am one, believe me I am well paid compared to unpaid 3rd world Coon like you.

The New York City Board of
Elections disqualified 84,208 vote-
by-mail ballots — 26% of the total
cast — in the June 23 Democratic
presidential primary, according to
a report cited Wednesday evening
by the New York Post
That’s means 84,208 ballots were
not counted or invalidated — 26
percent of the total.
One out of four mail-in ballots
were disqualified for arriving
late, lacking a postmark or
failing to include a voter’s
signature, or other defects.

See how hard it is for you to justify mail in entirely. If Big Apple disqualified 84k votes out of around 400k mailed in, extrapolate that to 260m votes or so, more so in states where volume of mail in votes was so low in some cases they did not count them initially because the state had already been won. I explain here
Take Calif where Clinton got 8m and Trump got just above 4m.If mailed in votes were 2m say the state would have been called for Hillary before counting the mailed in.

Maths is so simple, maths has a very bigly logic division.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2020
SonofLincoln:
Hush your mouth shameless cultist. People have been voting in different ways in America for decades and Trump can foam in the mouth all he wants but nothing is going to change. If he can vote by mail, so do any qualified American. I know you are not mentally smart enough to comprehend that.

I make my point from facts. A state like York was not able to handle 400k votes. Mark you it was June 23rd 2020 not 2016. How is the country gonna handle 260m ballots.
Explain that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 7:10am On Aug 06, 2020
basilico:

I make my point from facts. A state like York was not able to handle 400k votes. Mark you it was June 23rd 2020 not 2016. How is the country gonna handle 260m ballots.
Explain that
I am done with you cultist. There's revolutionary protests going on in Nigeria right now because 'Rome' is burning and you are foaming in the mouth about the garbage coming from Murdoch New York Post Paper that's a Right Wing a@s wipe. Go get Nigeria fixed with people like Sowore and Bakare that's trying to get your kind out of the Fulani bondage you have been living under all your life. You are just like a stubborn She Goat. So I am done with you for now Felicia because Charity begins at home.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2020
SonofLincoln:
I am done with you cultist. There's revolutionary protests going on in Nigeria right now because 'Rome' is burning and you are foaming in the mouth about the garbage coming from Murdoch New York Post Paper that's a Right Wing a@s wipe. Go get Nigeria fixed with people like Sowore and Bakare that's trying to get your kind out of the Fulani bondage you have been living under all your life. You are just like a stubborn She Goat. So I am done with you for now Felicia because Charity begins at home.

I quoted New York Post. The article is accurate
It does not suit your propaganda because it clearly shows York lost 26% of mailed in ballots.
Right wing or left wing idiocy is not the subject matter here.

As a very important person solely because you are the only one in America and that alone makes you all knowing,
The question asked, and I repeat just like I repeat to my curently home schooling kids

If York cant handle 400k , how will the country handle 130m ballots sent to every voter, plus the maybe more than 130m filled in ballots recieved?

Or maybe you do not understand where the 130m figure is from.In 2016 Hillary plus Trump total votes were just below 130m. States have to send at least 130m via USPS and then recieve the 130m filled in ballots( can be more depending on fraud). There I hope that makes it easy for your fixed brain to comprehend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2020
SonofLincoln:
LMAO, you don't have any come back after basilico slapped you on the face with the facts. If I were you, I will start reading the the New York Post to be better informed. That garbage they feed you on left wing ass wipes like CNN and MSNBC are not news, they feed you fake news and leftist propaganda. That's why you are always ignorant and don't have any points whenever it comes to presentation of facts. All you do is engage in insults and abusing people because you can't face them with truth and facts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:30am On Aug 06, 2020
Facebook removed a similar post from its platform on Wednesday, claiming that "this video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from Covid-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful Covid misinformation".
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-twitter-coronavirus-misinformation-facebook-children-a9656426.html

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2020
budaatum:
Facebook removed a similar post from its platform on Wednesday, claiming that "this video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from Covid-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful Covid misinformation".
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-twitter-coronavirus-misinformation-facebook-children-a9656426.html

The urge to get Trump out of office is like nothing ever before. All media and big tech are hiding facts, limiting access to info and lying by ommision or commission.
See data on children mortality

Mortality (43 states and NYC
reported)*
Children were 0%-0.8% of all
COVID-19 deaths, and 20 states
reported zero child deaths
In states reporting, 0%-0.3% of all
child COVID-19 cases resulted in
death

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2020
Trump campaign is requesting a fourth debate — or rearranging the schedule to have the first debate in early September, before early voting.

They also list potential moderators (moderators are selected not by campaigns but by the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2020
1Sharon:
New footage from George Floyd's case has now been released. And why did the MSM never show this footage to begin with to give the public some context?

They want hatred and division.

Had the facts been laid bare, the riots and protests may have NEVER happened.

Who can see what is being done here?

The riots happened because for almost 9mins a police officer knelt down on the neck of a restrained (hand-cuffed) black man and not for what happened before the incident.

if George Floyd didn't want to get inside the police patrol vehicle, the officers could easily have called for a big van for back up to ferry him to the police station. Yes George Floyd might have committed a crime (allegedly he presented a fake $20 bill) the police officer should not be the judge and jury. Ask yourself a question, will the police officer have knelt on the neck of a white man?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 9:52am On Aug 06, 2020
Major announcement later this morning at 11.30am

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/05/nyregion/trump-taxes-vance-deutsche-bank.html

Trump’s Bank Was Subpoenaed by N.Y. Prosecutors in Criminal Inquiry
The subpoena, sent to Deutsche Bank, suggests that the inquiry into President Trump’s business practices is more wide-ranging than previously known.
The New York prosecutors who are seeking President Trump’s tax records have also subpoenaed his longtime lender, a sign that their criminal investigation into Mr. Trump’s business practices is more wide-ranging than previously known.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office issued the subpoena last year to Deutsche Bank, which has been Mr. Trump’s primary lender since the late 1990s, seeking financial records that he and his company provided to the bank, according to four people familiar with the inquiry.
The criminal investigation initially appeared to be focused on hush-money payments made in 2016 to two women who have said they had affairs with Mr. Trump.
But in a court filing this week, prosecutors with the district attorney’s office cited “public reports of possibly extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization” and suggested that they were also investigating possible crimes involving bank and insurance fraud.

Deutsche Bank complied with the subpoena. Over a period of months last year, it provided Mr. Vance’s office with detailed records, including financial statements and other materials that Mr. Trump had provided to the bank as he sought loans, according to two of the people familiar with the inquiry.
The bank’s response to the subpoena reinforces the seriousness of the legal threat the district attorney’s investigation poses for Mr. Trump, his family and his company, which in recent years have faced — and for the most part fended off — an onslaught of regulatory, congressional and criminal inquiries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMyY4Z8nKK0

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2020
feedthenation:

The riots happened because for almost 9mins a police officer knelt down on the neck of a restrained (hand-cuffed) black man and not for what happened before the incident.

if George Floyd didn't want to get inside the police patrol vehicle, the officers could easily have called for a big van for back up to ferry him to the police station. Yes George Floyd might have committed a crime (allegedly he presented a fake $20 bill) the police officer should not be the judge and jury. Ask yourself a question, will the police officer have knelt on the neck of a white man?

The process of subduing him led to his death.
Again he had too much drugs in his system that before being subdued he was already saying he could not breath while standing.
What did the autopsy say caused his death?

Granted the riots that ensued since seem to have been well thought out and planned And some have nothing to do with George Floyd. Why burn a church in DC, burn a pig placed on a flag and also burn bibles placed on the flag?

My opinion is that a lot of issues are being exaggerated to the maximum in order to ensure Trump is removed from office. And I also opine that leftists are being used by people involved in high crimes like child abuse, spygate, ukraine plunder and so on.
The attacks on Trump have been unrelenting and are building up to a climax. Deutche Bank has been forced to reveal his dealings with him now.

Before the elections Im sure more schemes will be rolled out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2020
basilico:

The urge to get Trump out of office is like nothing ever before. All media and big tech are hiding facts, limiting access to info and lying by ommision or commission.
See data on children mortality

Mortality (43 states and NYC
reported)*
Children were 0%-0.8% of all
COVID-19 deaths, and 20 states
reported zero child deaths
In states reporting, 0%-0.3% of all
child COVID-19 cases resulted in
death
Children may not die but they can infect adults who might die.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
basilico:

Typical democrat. Throwing insults when not needed to avoid giving a factual answer.
Sound like a paid propagandist. Or a never do well who thinks he is the only one in America.
Typical of what brainwashed folks do....spray Insults like insecticides grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
budaatum:

Children may not die but they can infect adults who might die.

I agree.
I read somewhere that only 86 have died from corona.
Saying they are almost immune is almost factual unless twitter and facebook give the figures of children below 14 who have succumbed. Just blocking his account while we know its more or less the truth is in my opinion a systematic attack on Trump. There are lots of lies and misinformation on Facebook and twitter. A good example is the Steele dossier which is basically junk.
Looks like Trump is not liked for his forthrightness on some matters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
SonofLincoln:
Lol the joke is on you...he slapped you with facts and you did what? of course more insults as expected. Signs of one with an empty brain. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Bluebyrd:

LMAO, you don't have any come back after basilico slapped you on the face with the facts. If I were you, I will start reading the the New York Post to be better informed. That garbage they feed you on left wing ass wipes like CNN and MSNBC are not news, they feed you fake news and leftist propaganda. That's why you are always ignorant and don't have any points whenever it comes to presentation of facts. All you do is engage in insults and abusing people because you can't face them with truth and facts.
And this is the problem with liberalism...It makes one blind to the facts thereby constantly living in denial. I guaranty you when eventually Trump wins again the he will run away and you won't see him again grin grin For the time being his only mode of defence is Insults. So we may have to endure it for now until November but at the same time keep reeling in the FACTS in their face.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
feedthenation:
Trump campaign is requesting a fourth debate — or rearranging the schedule to have the first debate in early September, before early voting.

They also list potential moderators (moderators are selected not by campaigns but by the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates)

On debates. The 2016 mods were clearly anti Trump.
Lisa Holt of NBC
Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddaz of ABC
Cris Wallace ( He is now clearly antiTrump )

The mods should not all be political activists of the DNC media complex.

Speaking of being partisan I would love to see Tucker Carlson with John Lemon for instance.

Or Ingraham with Anderson Coopér.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
basilico:

On debates. The 2016 mods were clearly anti Trump.
Lisa Holt of NBC
Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddaz of ABC
Cris Wallace ( He is now clearly antiTrump )

The mods should not all be political activists of the DNC media complex.

Speaking of being partisan I would love to see Tucker Carlson with John Lemon for instance.

Or Ingraham with Anderson Coopér.

Exactly! Make them sit side by side

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
All these folks who are fond of insulting people on this thread with the most vile language - all because they have different opinions than yours. Even some of the vile languages used - truth be told - I have searched numerous threads and I'm yet to find such languages used, and yet these are the people who are the first to call other folks racist and Homophobic. The truth is, You wear your insults like a garment because you think it covers the n a k e d n e s s of your emptiness and lack of logic and reasoning. It won't be long and the truth will be out in d open, It won't be long and your expectation will be met with disappointment, It won't be long and soon you will be running for cover; We will then look for you but you will be no where to be found. The Countdown is on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
basilico:

I agree.
I read somewhere that only 86 have died from corona.
Saying they are almost immune is almost factual unless twitter and facebook give the figures of children below 14 who have succumbed. Just blocking his account while we know its more or less the truth is in my opinion a systematic attack on Trump. There are lots of lies and misinformation on Facebook and twitter. A good example is the Steele dossier which is basically junk.
Looks like Trump is not liked for his forthrightness on some matters.
There's a lot of reasons he's not liked. One is how he twists figures to serve his selfish end. Take this one on children. The facts are not exactly the death rate of children, but how it affects adults. After all, the teachers will need to return to school with them. Children may not die but the adults might, and instead of addressing that issue he is promoting go back to school just as he promoted go back to work and coronavirus is now spiking.

I know that you'd call what I call lies, truth. It's why I'm called a tds libtard etc, and you are trump worshipper. Thankfully, its a democracy. Yes there's a lot of lies and misinformation out there, but some of us believe far too much of it is coming out of trumps own mouth, and he is not liked because he lies.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
feedthenation:

There's nothing non partisan about a debate commission that will select biased mods who support democratic party candidates and even send questions to preferred candidates before the debates. Katie couric interfered in the Obama vs Romney live on air. What the Trump team is suggesting is the best thing. In this era where journalists have abandoned neutrality and taken sides, let Biden also select his own preferred moderators and let them select one from each side and make them sit side by side just like obixcel and basilico have suggested already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
Nuel4:
relax gee, I'm currently in Edo state
Thanks for this bro, that criminal minded fraudster went to report me and got me banned so I couldn't respond to his challenge again. I am sure he is the same person as salford1 as some people were accusing him of being the same person. I didn't want to believe at first until he pulled that stunt and it is something salford1 has done before when he posted pictures of a call from Canada in a desperate bid to prove he was in Canada. They are one and the same criminal minded fraudster now claiming to be an American citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
budaatum:

There's a lot of reasons he's not liked. One is how he twists figures to serve his selfish end. Take this one on children. The facts are not exactly the death rate of children, but how it affects adults. After all, the teachers will need to return to school with them. Children may not die but the adults might, and instead of addressing that issue he is promoting go back to school just as he promoted go back to work and coronavirus is now spiking.

I know that you'd call what I call lies, truth. It's why I'm called a tds libtard etc, and you are trump worshipper. Thankfully, its a democracy. Yes there's a lot of lies and misinformation out there, but some of us believe far too much of it is coming out of trumps own mouth, and he is not liked because he lies.
Lying is second nature to Trump. He sleeps, breath, eats, and drink lies. His life depends on it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
His lies are hard to catch up with.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
SonofLincoln:
You must be real dumb to believe the Con Man Trump has over 500 Companies. Why are you so dull that you can't use your God given brain. You are the worst of the cultists spitting out the garbage. It's not 500 Companies, it's 5.000 companies. The bottomline is that most of those buildings with his name on it is not his buildings but the owners use his name as a Trademark and pay him for it. Mention one billionaire that filed for 6 Bankruptcies and have a Fake Charity and a Fake University.
You are the dumbest person on this forum, you have nothing to offer except insults and ignorant posts. The Trump organisation runs 500 businesses like you were told. Google is your friend,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

Read and cure your ignorance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.