Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,271 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1596804 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (4136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
obixcel:
It is also common sense for People to exercise their freedom and rights - Joe doesn't care about Rights. All Governments should respect the rights of their citizens, No one should be forced.

Ok feel free to exercise your freedom and rights in countries like Italy, France, Germany, Spain and UK where you will be fined for not wearing a face mask. Go to China, Japan, South Korea and venture out without a face mask, there they will applaud you.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
SonofLincoln:
The Right Wing Hate merchants Loonies is at it again. Starting their Birther junk against Sen Harris saying she's not a Natural Born American because her mother was an Indian immigrant and her father was a Jamaican immigrant. The blockheads know nothing about American Constitution that anyone born in the United States or United States Territories are American Citizens by birth who can run for any elected office or President in America. Putting this out before the Trump's servile dogs start posting it like the gospel from the Bible since they swallow the junks being manufactured by the Right Wing Hate Blogs a@s wipes.

Trump is so predictable, everyone knows he will at some point use Kamala Harris race as a issue. The same birther nonsense he used against Obama

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Zuorom:

And Trump freed them again with his prison reform bill.
Lol Exactly!

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Bluebyrd:

You hit it out of the park man!! And don't forget Kamala Harris, she also jailed so many black people in California for petty things. Someone said earlier that their presidential ticket has jailed more black people than anyone in the past fifty years.
And while they were in Prison she wanted them to be used as cheap labour

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
The Oregon State Police have announced they are pulling out of Portland because the Portland DA refuse to prosecute arrested criminals. They are moving their men to counties where "prosecution of criminal conduct is still a priority.”

It's going to be open season on the people of Portland as criminals will now go unchallenged by any law enforcement unless the feds step in again. This is what you get when you elect leftist liberals into office, MAYHEM!!!

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
wirinet:

I don't think Trump has given up on covid19, I believe he is using the pandemic as a reelection strategy. He wants the pandemic to be so bad as to affect the election results or the elections itself. Have you not Wondered why he has been touting postponing the elections and undermining mail in voting? He at worst want to discourage large voter turn out, either by mail or in person, because he knows large voter turn out will favour the democrats and not the Republicans. He wants to create chaos especially in the swing states, so as to gave just enough electoral votes to win the elections.

Just watch as the elections get closer. Trump and his supporters will get more desperate in trying to undermine the elections and discourage voters.
Well the good thing is that those that would likely fall victims are his own supporters since they like resisting measures to protect themselves from Covid cheesy

167,000 already. I remember when 140,000 was being discussed on this thread. What a mess of a country - all Trump's doing.

The idiot is the Covid king. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
feedthenation:

Trump is so predictable, everyone knows he will at some point use Kamala Harris race as a issue. The same birther nonsense he used against Obama
Of course. Just like giving a bone to a dog, he needs to give his white supremacists followers something to feed on just like in the days of Obama. As he gets more desperate, there would be more dog whistle and Racists tweets.

He is the Liar-in-Chief for a reason.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
feedthenation:

Ok feel free to exercise your freedom and rights in countries like Italy, France, Germany, Spain and UK where you will be fined for not wearing a face mask. Go to China, Japan, South Korea and venture out without a face mask, there they will applaud you.
In Germany, holding a swastika or anything to do with the Nazi is a crime. However, in the US, Trump falls them fine gentlemen grin
He kisses their asses cos they have the same ideology and the white supremacists absolutely understand that; hence, they troop behind him with their support.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
wirinet:

Just watch as the elections get closer. Trump and his supporters will get more desperate in trying to undermine the elections and discourage voters.
It's already starting. Just like the USPS issue. US is starting to look like a 3rd world shithole. A once great country has been reduced to the joke of the world and it keeps getting worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxtdCeg7VPE

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
No lie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
salford1:

Well the good thing is that those that would likely fall victims are his own supporters since they like resisting measures to protect themselves from Covid cheesy

167,000 already. I remember when 140,000 was being discussed on this thread. What a mess of a country - all Trump's doing.

The idiot is the Covid king. grin

And you think he cares how many of his own supporters die in his quest for reelection?
He even had his supporters sign waivers against liability if any of them catches coronavirus at his rallies. They are just pawns in his reelection strategy.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
Angela Merkel receives standing ovation for rejecting Trumpism (politics of lies, hate and division) at Harvard graduation ceremony in 2019.

Published on Jun 4, 2019
‘Tear down walls of ignorance and narrowmindedness.' — Angela Merkel got a standing ovation for her rebuke of Trumpism at Harvard's commencement.

In US news and world news now, German Chancellor Angela Merkel got a standing ovation from Harvard graduates and their families while speaking out against President Trump and what he stands for. No one will argue that Harvard is hard and that Harvard University student life is full of unique challenges, but at the end, when you become a Harvard graduate you get to see a powerful Angele Merkel speech like this. In this Angela Merkel Harvard graduation speech, Merkel spoke out against Trump hallmarks of ignorance and lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4hX6Nq3-vc

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
wirinet:

And you think he cares how many of his own supporters die in his quest for reelection?
He even had his supporters sign waivers against liability if any of them catches coronavirus at his rallies. They are just pawns in his reelection strategy.
True cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
Pompeo, Pentagon warned Russia against offering bounties for killing U.S. troops - President Donald Trump dismissed reports of the payments as a "hoax."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/13/pompeo-russia-bounties-us-troops-395084

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has acknowledged that he and U.S. military leaders warned Russian officials against offering bounties to militants for killing American and coalition troops in Afghanistan, more than a month after President Donald Trump dismissed reports of the payments as a "hoax."

During a Wednesday interview with Radio Free Europe, Pompeo said he told his Russian counterpart that if Moscow is offering money to kill Americans or other Westerners, "there will be an enormous price to pay," according to a State Department transcript.

"That’s what I shared with Foreign Minister [Sergey] Lavrov," Pompeo said. "I know our military has talked to their senior leaders as well. We won’t brook that; we won’t tolerate that."

Pompeo did not say which military leader spoke with the Russian military about the program, and the Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"We will do everything we need to do to protect and defend every American soldier and, for that matter, every soldier from the Czech Republic or any other country that’s part of the Resolute Support Mission to make sure that they’re safe," Pompeo continued.

Pompeo's comments mark the first time a senior member of the administration has publicly acknowledged discussing the bounties with the Russian government. By contrast, Trump said in a recent interview with Axios that he never confronted Russian President Vladimir Putin about the matter.

The New York Times first reported in June about the existence of a CIA assessment that Russian operatives had secretly offered and paid bounties to militants to incentivize more frequent attacks on American and coalition troops in Afghanistan in the months leading up to the historic peace agreement announced in February. The White House claimed that Trump was briefed on the intelligence, but the president has dismissed the reports as a "Russian hoax."

Asked about Trump's remarks in the Axios interview, Pompeo declined to comment on whether the president was briefed or not, and defended Trump's handling of the situation.

"President Trump has in every case that any one of his national security team has come to him to say, 'Sir, we’ve got a concern we’re not doing enough here, we can do more here, here’s another risk,' the president has taken that on board seriously and we have responded in a way that is not only completely appropriate, but it’s kept our people safe," Pompeo said.

The top U.S. general in the Middle East told reporters that he's skeptical over the intelligence that bounties had been paid.

"I found it very worrisome. I didn’t find that there was a causative link there," Gen. Frank McKenzie, head of U.S. Central Command, said in early July.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Durham probe: Ex-FBI lawyer to plead guilty in first criminal case arising from review, sources say

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/durham-probe-ex-fbi-lawyer-to-plead-guilty-in-first-criminal-case-arising-from-review-attorney-says

Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith will plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham's review of the investigation into links between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign, two sources close to the matter tell Fox News.

Clinesmith was referred for potential prosecution by the Justice Department's inspector general's office, which conducted its own review of the Russia investigation.

Specifically, the inspector general accused Clinesmith, though not by name, of altering an email about former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page to say that he was "not a source" for another government agency. Page has said he was a source for the CIA. The DOJ relied on that assertion as it submitted a third and final renewal application in 2017 to eavesdrop on Page under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
Trump being called to explain all the lies he has told in the past 3 years - he couldn't provide an answer

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD2kkhMh8UK/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
No problem. These postal workers would send a message to the GOP with their votes.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Complete Forward from Cohen Book on Trump

DISLOYAL, THE FOREWORD: THE REAL REAL DONALD TRUMP

The President of the United States wanted me dead.
Or, let me say it the way Donald Trump would: He wouldn't mind if I was dead. That was how Trump talked. Like a mob boss, using language carefully calibrated to convey his desires and demands, while at the same time employing deliberate indirection to insulate himself and avoid actually ordering a hit on his former personal attorney, confidant, consigliere, and, at least in my heart, adopted son.

Driving south from New York City to Washington, DC on 1-95 on the cold, gray winter morning of February 24th, 2019, en route to testify against President Trump before both Houses of Congress, I knew he wanted me gone before I could tell the nation what I know about him. Not the billionaire celebrity savior of the country or lying lunatic, not the tabloid tycoon or self-anointed Chosen One, not the avatar @realdonaldtrump of Twitter fame, but the real real Donald Trump the man very, very, very few people know.

If that sounds overly dramatic, consider the powers Trump possessed and imagine how you might feel if he threatened you personally. Heading south, I wondered if my prospects for survival were also going in that direction. I was acutely aware of the magnitude of Trump's fury aimed directly at my alleged betrayal. I was wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses and I kept the speedometer at eighty, avoiding the glances of other drivers. Trump's theory of life, business and politics revolved around threats and the prospect of destruction financial, electoral, personal, physical as a weapon. I knew how he worked because I had frequently been the one screaming threats on his behalf as Trump's fixer and designated thug.

Ever since I had flipped and agreed to cooperate with Robert Mueller and the Special Counsel's Office, the death threats had come by the hundreds. On my cell phone, by email, snail mail, in tweets, on Facebook, enraged Trump supporters vowed to kill me, and I took those threats very seriously. The President called me a rat and tweeted angry accusations at me, as well as my family. All rats deserve to die, I was told. I was a lowlife Judas they were going to hunt down. I was driving because I couldn't fly or take the train to Washington. If I had, I was sure I would be mobbed or attacked. For weeks, walking the streets of Manhattan, I was convinced that someone was going to ram me with their car. I was exactly the person Trump was talking about when he said he could shoot and kill someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it.

My mind was spinning as I sped towards DC. For more than a decade, I had been at the center of Trump's innermost circle. When he came to my son's bar mitzvah, a generous gesture that I found touching, he told my then thirteen-year-old boy that his Dad was the greatest and that, if he wanted to work at the Trump Organization when he grew up, there would always be a position for him.

You're family? Trump said to my son and I.

And I fucking believed him!

Pulling over at a service plaza, I gassed up and headed inside for a coffee, black no sugar. I looked around to see if I was under surveillance or being followed; a sense of dread consuming my thoughts. Who was that FBI-type in the gray coat or the muscle-bound dude a few paces behind me? The notion that I was being followed or stalked may have seemed crazy; but it was also perfectly logical. I wasn't just famous I was perhaps the most infamous person in the country at the time, seen by millions upon millions as a traitor. President Trump controlled all the levers of the Commander in Chief and all the overt and covert powers that come with the highest office in the country. He also possessed a cult-like hold over his supporters, some of them demonstrably unhinged and willing to do anything to please or protect the President. I knew how committed these fanatics were because I'd been one of them: an acolyte obsessed with Donald J. Trump, a demented follower willing to do anything for him, including, as I vowed once to a reporter, to take a bullet.

On the eve of my public testimony, lying in the still of the night in my hotel room, taking a bullet assumed a completely different meaning. That was the level of ruination I had brought upon myself- complete and total destruction. I closed my eyes, wishing the nightmare would end. When I started working for Trump I had been a multi-millionaire lawyer and businessman, and now I was broke and broken; a convicted, disgraced and disbarred former attorney about to testify against the President on live television before an audience of more than 15 million Americans.

Hey, Michael Cohen, do your wife and father-in-law know about your girlfriends?? GOP Representative Matt Gaetz tweeted at me that night, to cite just one example of the juvenile idiocy and menace aimed in my direction. I wonder if she'll remain faithful when you?re in prison. She's about to learn a lot??

Sitting in the green room on the morning of my testimony before the House Oversight Committee, I began to feel the enormous weight of what was about to happen. For some reason, after all that I?d been through, and all I?d put my family and the country through, waiting in that room was the moment when the gravity of what was about to happen truly hit home. The United States was being torn apart, its political and cultural and mental well-being threatened by a clear and present danger named Donald Trump, and I had played a central role in creating this new reality. To half of Americans, it seemed like Trump was effectively a Russian-controlled fraud who had lied and cheated his way to the White House; to the other half of Americans, to Trump's supporters, the entire Russian scandal was a witch hunt invented by Democrats still unable to accept the fact that Hillary Clinton had lost fair and square in the most surprising upset in the history of American presidential elections.

Both sides were wrong. I knew that the reality was much more complicated and dangerous. Trump had colluded with the Russians, but not in the sophisticated ways imagined by his detractors. I also knew that the Mueller investigation was not a witch-hunt. Trump had cheated in the election, with Russian connivance, as you will discover in these pages, because doing anything and I mean anything to win? has always been his business model and way of life. Trump had also continued to pursue a major real estate deal in Moscow during the campaign. He attempted to insinuate himself into the world of President Vladimir Putin and his coterie of corrupt billionaire oligarchs. I know because I personally ran that deal and kept Trump and his children closely informed of all updates, even as the candidate blatantly lied to the American people saying, ?there's no Russian collusion, I have no dealings with Russia there's no Russia.?

The time to testify nearing, I asked the sergeant-at-arms for a few minutes of privacy and the room was cleared. Sitting alone, my thoughts and heart racing, I had the first panic attack of my life. I struggled to breathe and stand. The pressure was too much; I had contemplated suicide in recent weeks, as a way to escape the unrelenting insanity. Reaching for a seat, I started to cry, a flood of emotions overwhelming me: fear, anger, dread, anxiety, relief, terror. It felt something like when I was in the hospital awaiting the birth of my daughter and son, with so many powerful and unprecedented emotions welling up in anticipation. Only now I was that child being born and all of the pain and blood were part of the birth of my new life and identity.

Trying to pull myself together, I went to the private bathroom and checked my eyes to see if they were bloodshot or puffy. To my relief, they weren't. I splashed my face with cold water and felt a calm coming over me, and then a surge of confidence and adrenaline. I had pled guilty to multiple federal crimes, including lying to Congress, but I was there to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I knew that Trump and the Republican House members would want me to hesitate, falter, show weakness, even break down. They wanted me to look unreliable, shifty, and uncertain about the truth and myself. This was blood sport and they wanted me to cower. I wasn?t going to give them the satisfaction, I decided. I was going to nail it.

Showtime, the sergeant-at-arms called out, opening the door. You're on Mr. Cohen.?

One deep breath and I stepped into the hallway, into a crush of photographers and TV cameras and the craziness of wall-to-wall national obsession. I made my way alone through the jostle and shove of the surging crowd as I experienced the out-of-body sensation of seeing myself on television screens walking in to testify. It was truly bizarre to be at the epicenter of American history at that moment, to personify so many fears and resentments, to be the villain or savior, depending on your point of view, to speak truth to power in an age when truth itself was on trial. There I was, watching myself on TV, the Michael Cohen everyone had an opinion about: liar, snitch, idiot, bully, sycophant, convicted criminal, the least reliable narrator on the planet.

So, please permit me to reintroduce myself in these pages. The one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that whatever you may have heard or thought about me, you don?t know me or my story or the Donald Trump that I know. For more than a decade, I was Trump's first call every morning and his last call every night. I was in and out of Trump's office on the 26th floor of the Trump Tower as many as fifty times a day, tending to his every demand. Our cell phones had the same address books, our contacts so entwined, overlapping and intimate that part of my job was to deal with the endless queries and requests, however large or small, from Trump's countless rich and famous acquaintances. I called any and all of the people he spoke to, most often on his behalf as his attorney and emissary, and everyone knew that when I spoke to them, it was as good as if they were talking directly to Trump.

Apart from his wife and children, I knew Trump better than anyone else did. In some ways, I knew him better than even his family did because I bore witness to the real man, in strip clubs, shady business meetings, and in the unguarded moments when he revealed who he really was: a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man.

When Trump wanted to reach Russian President Vladimir Putin, via a secret back channel, I was tasked with making the connection in my Keystone Kop fashion. I stiffed contractors on his behalf, ripped off his business partners, lied to his wife Melania to hide his sexual infidelities, and bullied and screamed at anyone who threatened Trump?s path to power. From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump?s clandestine lovers, I wasn't just a witness to the president's rise? I was an active and eager participant.

Mr. Trump is an enigma, I testified to the committee. He is complicated, as am I. He does both good and bad, as do we all. But the bad far outweighs the good, and since taking office, he has become the worst version of himself. He is capable of behaving kindly, but he is not kind. He is capable of committing acts of generosity, but he is not generous. He is capable of being loyal, but he is fundamentally disloyal.

Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power, I concluded. This is why I agreed to appear before you today.

Watching Trump on the evening news in the prison rec room, I almost feel sorry for him. I know him so well and I know his facial tics and tells; I see the cornered look in his eyes as he flails and rants and raves, searching for a protector and advocate, someone willing to fight dirty and destroy his enemies. I see the men who have replaced me and continue to forfeit their reputations by doing the President's bidding, no matter how dishonest or sleazy or unlawful. Rudy Guiliani, William Barr, Jared Kushner and Mike Pompeo are Trump's new wannabe fixers, sycophants willing to distort the truth and break the law in the service of the Boss. All this will be to no avail. Trump doesn't want to hear this, and he will certainly deny it, but he's lost without his original bulldog lawyer Roy Cohn, or his other former pitbull and personal attorney, Michael Cohen.

One last thing I can say with great confidence, as you turn the page and meet the real real Donald Trump for the first time: This is a book the President of the United States does not want you to read.

Michael Cohen

Otisville Federal Prison, Otisville, New York, March 11, 2020

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Cohen is no longer in the darkness. Well he stopped being in it since he agreed to rat on his former boss. He has seen the light just like Trump's many ex-associates and people that served in his own cabinet.

Cohen and Bolton should be added to the list. Not forgetting General Mattis (Trump's former secretary of defence).

John Kelly: White House Chief of Staff for President Donald Trump from July 31, 2017, to January 2, 2019.

Steve Bannon: Former executive chairman of Breitbart News. He served as White House Chief Strategist in the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump during the first seven months of Trump's term.

Rex Wayne Tillerson: Served as the 69th United States Secretary of State from February 1, 2017, to March 31, 2018, under President Donald Trump

Herbert Raymond McMaster is a retired United States Army lieutenant general. In 2017, he became the 26th National Security Advisor, serving under President Donald Trump until 2018.

Scott Pruitt is an American lawyer, lobbyist and Republican politician from the state of Oklahoma. He served as the fourteenth Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency from February 17, 2017, to July 6, 201 in Trump's administration.

Gary Cohn is an American business leader who served as the 11th Director of the National Economic Council and chief economic advisor to President Donald Trump from 2017 to 2018. He managed the administration’s economic policy agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by donjazet(m): 3:15am On Aug 15, 2020
Incase some of you want to go back in time to one of the best moments of our lives. Visit this thread below. I was filled with nostalgia. I almost shed tears seeing the hope everyone projected. cry The republicans had to ruin it all many years later.
https://www.nairaland.com/186602/us-elections-2008-results-obama/22#3039593

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
salford1:
No problem. These postal workers would send a message to the GOP with their votes.

Postal carriers union endorses Biden, warns that 'survival' of USPS is at stake

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/postal-workers-union-endorses-biden-warns-survival-usps-stake-n1236768?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

WASHINGTON — Joe Biden gained the presidential endorsement of the National Association of Letter Carriers on Friday, a union that boasts nearly 300,000 active and retired postal workers.

"Vice President Biden is — was — and will continue to be — a fierce ally and defender of the United States Postal Service (USPS), letter carriers, and our fellow postal brothers and sisters," NALC president Fredric Rolando said in a statement that also praised Democratic vice presidential pick Kamala Harris.

"Together, Biden and Harris fully exhibit the experience, dedication, thoughtfulness and steady hands that will work to ensure that letter carriers and working families are put first," he said.

The endorsement comes less than three months before Election Day and a day after President Donald Trump said he opposes Postal Service funding pushed by Democrats, noting that those resources were necessary to advance the cause of mail-in voting during the coronavirus pandemic.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
Trump officials could face criminal charges for USPS sabotage — and the president may not be able to pardon them

Members of the Trump administration could face legal jeopardy over efforts to sabotage U.S. Postal Service operations to interfere with the 2020 presidential elections.

“Rep. Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ) made a criminal referral to the New Jersey Attorney General on Friday night, asking him to impanel a grand jury to look at possible breach of state election laws by President Trump, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and others for ‘their accelerating arson of the post office,’ he said.

Alarming headlines have emerged in recent days as many states prepare to facilitate widespread mail balloting due to the coronavirus pandemic. President Trump openly admitted he was withholding federal aid from the postal service to prevent mail-in voting, and USPS has notified 46 states and D.C. that it will struggle to deliver some mail ballots on time,” The Daily Beast reported Friday.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/trump-officials-could-face-criminal-charges-for-usps-sabotage-and-the-president-may-not-be-able-to-pardon-them/
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
obixcel:
It is also common sense for People to exercise their freedom and rights - Joe doesn't care about Rights. All Governments should respect the rights of their citizens, No one should be forced.
I agree.

So whats that thing about abortions and force, again?

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by donjazet(m): 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
An insightful article that showcases why people have now radically shifted to the right.

https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/cnn-fox-news

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
feedthenation:
Trump being called to explain all the lies he has told in the past 3 years - he couldn't provide an answer

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD2kkhMh8UK/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

Every journalist will be asking him now grin

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
angry angry
salford1:

https://news.yahoo.com/postal-workers-sounding-alarm-mail-203218629.html

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:41am On Aug 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:21am On Aug 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:13am On Aug 16, 2020
These people should direct prayers to Buhari, Tinubu, ministers, governors, and other Nigerian politicians. cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 4:50am On Aug 16, 2020
President Trump brother,Robert trump,executive vice president of trump organization died @71 from an undisclosed illness.
May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TruthDefender(m): 5:08am On Aug 16, 2020
Trump's brother, Robert dies from an undisclosed illness...

It's being rumored he died of Covid, which is why it's being kept hush hush. If he had died of any other disease, we would already know.

Trump probably had him drinking Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc..

R.I.P to the dead man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
TruthDefender:
Trump's brother, Robert dies from an undisclosed illness...

It's being rumored he died of Covid, which is why it's being kept hush hush. If he had died of any other disease, we would already know.

Trump probably had him drinking Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc..

R.I.P to the dead man

Respect the departed. Whether the TV told you to hate Dont gloat in matters bereavement
Pray for the bereaved instead of mocking them.

It happens to everyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (4136) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: Nastymods and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.