Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1617265 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) ... (4139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TEODIN: 5:38am On Mar 20, 2021
Timiofak:

This is exactly what I pointed earlier

no immigration reform would pass without bipartisan support, and the so-called republicans blocking it, claiming to be in favour of ”merit-based”

Are actually against any form of migration be it legal or illegal

Proposing bills to cut legal migration by half.

The border crisis, this is not the first time it's happening.

as trumps draconian policies could be, it happened in 2019 under him

it's just what happens when economic hardships happen. People from those countries send their kids unaccompanied

hoping they get in.

It isn't a good thing, personally I don't know how it could be mitigated
Tough decisions would have to be made

But us pretending like it's because of ” Biden's open borders” caused it

is just plain foolishness.
Let’s be honest, there are people who have been on different path of Legal Migration and have stayed about 16 years with USCIS and NVC.. why is the focus only on illegal migrants while Legal migrants keep on being punished??

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TEODIN: 5:55am On Mar 20, 2021
Timiofak:
Can you see the kind of things republicans tout as ”immigration reform”

cutting immigration by half won't stop illegal immigration

Republicans want just the rich to come to America legally read it

and you would be dissapointed

”merit-based sytem”

more like racist system

Not going to do shit too the backlog, only increase it

current immigrant visas issued in a year is like 1 million yet they are still backlogs, dating back 20 years for some cases

Republicans want to cut it by half which is 500,000 visas down the drain what is that going to do? Other than increasing the wait times and backlogs. That Same bill is going to kick away the visa lottery program. Go look at the visa lottery program and those it favours the most

You see why republicans want too scrap it off

If you are black or brown person in the united states through visa lottery and you support republicans

Shame on you.

In 2007 George bush pushed a bill like Biden's plan to give 11 million illegals legal status. It was abandoned by his republicans

Lydon B Johnson initial immigration bill was like Canada's own

southern congress opposed it who are the modern southern congress? Republicans

if you read deep into almost everything republican

it's built on racism

I repeat if you are black person that managed to find yourself in the US by the standards set by democrats then you became republican in the name of ”conservatism”

Shame on you, and God help you
Republicans built on racism while They are the ones that stood against slavery and ended it while the Democrats were supporting slavery.. don’t shoot down someone’s else view just because of their Race, Gender or Political view.. listen to both sides opinion and understand their point of view. Democrats are not right in everything, Republicans are not right in everything.. The USA needs both side of the divide to ensure it becomes stable and continue growing, if You follow all democratic policies, the US economy will crash in less than 50 years, the same thing will happen if the US follow Republican policies alone.. I always prefer one side win the White House while the other one wins one of the houses in congress to ensure checks and Balances

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2021
raumdeuter:

There are many doctors, Engineers in Nigeria in Nigeria enough to develop the country who cannot get jobs, Should they die in Nigeria?
False premise. Nigeria has one of the most appalling doctor to patient ratio in the world. The country is said to have an estimated 40,000 doctors for a population of 200 million.

A major problem that Africa has been suffering from over the years is the high rate of brain drain that takes highly competent personnel in important areas from the continent to foreign countries, making their service very scarce in their respective countries. A report released by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation revealed that African countries footed a bill of $4.6 billion in training doctors who were later recruited by the UK, USA, CANADA and AUSTRALIA.
https://eyegambia.org/nigeria-has-more-than-4000-doctors-in-the-us-5000-in-the-uk-alone/

The case of engineers is even worse than that of doctors. Brain drain has rendered Nigeria practically without competent engineers needed to develop the country.

There was a story of a guy 1st class Mathemactics from UNN who was doing hoe and cutlass farming in Ebonyi village until he got a schorlarship to US for his PhD, Later the guy will join those developing America and we will be crying about brain drain. If we made use of them will they run away?

https://www.nairaland.com/6444128/emmanuel-nworie-first-class-mathematician-farmer
I read the story, and according to my comprehension, I don't see how the guy will join those developing America. From the story he got a scholarship from a patriotic Nigerian to study for PhD. He will pay well over $100,000 to the US economy (with $75,000/year for tuition alone). The issue is what happens after the PhD programme? If it was Trump, he would be deported back to Nigeria to use his PhD to develop his country. But Biden might want to use his skills to develop America.

Nigeria trained him and when Nigeria didnt need him what should he do? Or you want the poor guy to waste his life while waiting for Nigeria to have his time? The people that needed him have taken him

It is not that Nigeria does not need him, the problem is that Nigerian and the black race in general lacks the foresight, planning, sacrifice and cohesiveness necessary for progress. Just like you and most people on this topic supporting brain drain and cracked down on immigration at the same time, they are short sighted, selfish and self hating. They are happy at the current state of their country, state, village and even family (extended).

So you are suggesting Nigeria should stop wasting money training and educating it's citizens? Maybe the government's both federal and state should hands of education and sell of the universities. That will actually show Nigeria does not want people like Emmanuel Nworie.

What will be the benefit to Nigeria and even Michael Taiwo if Michael Taiwo after getting his PhD decides to stay in the US to develop their country, and never coming back to contribute anything to the country and people that gave him the opportunities to succeed?

Every issue always boils down to white vs black, Anything and everything must be white vs Black. If you don't want to encounter a black person stay in Siberia and if you don't want to encounter a white man stay in Sambisa. The world in most places especially America and the western world is multi racial and going about looking for someone to hate because he has a different skin hue from yours is just unfortunate. There are people of your own skin in your own village who hate you more than any white man can ever do

It's not a matter of black vs white, it's a matter of promoting group interests. It makes sense to promote your family, clan, tribal, country and race interest for your own long term interests. Blacks are the only race I know that promotes the interests of other groups to the detriment of their own group interest, for short term personal gains. They are the only people I know that loathe and denigrate their own village people and ancestors but worships the ancestors of other races.

Anyone be it Nigerian, Indian Ukrainian, Mexican who is smart and well educated should immigrate to where their skills are needed and rewarded. How you managed to see white vs black in this must be one of the wonders of the internet

If I ask to quote specifically where anyone here has advocated against Black people immigrating to America, will I get a reply?

Suddenly advocating for the best brains to immigrate is hating immigrants. Some people are just impossible

Skill and brains don't develop themselves, they cost money to develop. What i am saying is that if the US, Canada, UK and Australia wants best brains and skills, they should spend the money to train their own people like the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans do. But it's immoral to wait for poor nations to spend their meagre resourcing developing brains and skills only for them to steal them.
In the alternative they can invest in Nigeria and poor countries by funding their universities. They would then have the moral justification to take them after they become skilled.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:01am On Mar 20, 2021
Powell in WSJ Op-ed: “I Truly Believe that We [the Rich] Will Emerge from this Crisis Stronger and Better, as We [the Rich] Have Done so Often Before”
by Wolf Richter • Mar 19, 2021 • 109 Comments

Gimme a break, will ya? Wherein I rant, supported by the Fed’s own data.

Mr. Powell, do you see that we see that you see that we know that inflating asset bubbles is designed from get-go to inflate the wealth of the very rich, and the remainder of the Americans get to eat dust?

https://wolfstreet.com/2021/03/19/i-truly-believe-that-we-the-rich-will-emerge-from-this-crisis-stronger-and-better-as-we-the-rich-have-done-so-often-before-jerome-powell-in-wsj-op-ed/
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by yazga: 8:04am On Mar 20, 2021
Good morning

Nice thread! Meanwhile, you can use my link on my signature to sign up on Trove and we both get FREE shares.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 8:16am On Mar 20, 2021
When it gets to the point that the Chinese Representatives now have to start lecturing the U.S on human rights abuses in what was suppose to be the first official diplomatic meeting? You definitely know the shit has hit the fan shocked That was a disaster lmao

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 8:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Biden Falls and trips while walking upstairs, White House response? "The wind blew him off" grin grin grin grin grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:17am On Mar 20, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
Compared to the vile pathological lying racist Trump that was humiliated out of office by Tens of millions of Americans. That's the best vote I ever slot in my life. You remember the Orange Pig that couldn't carry a glass of water with one hand not to talk of slobbering his speech all the time The last I checked, Americans are happy with President Biden and that shows in his 60% approval number unlike Trump that never got 50% in his disastrous four years in the Oval Office.
@bold,Yeah see below grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

Republicans built on racism while They are the ones that stood against slavery and ended it while the Democrats were supporting slavery.. don’t shoot down someone’s else view just because of their Race, Gender or Political view.. listen to both sides opinion and understand their point of view. Democrats are not right in everything, Republicans are not right in everything.. The USA needs both side of the divide to ensure it becomes stable and continue growing, if You follow all democratic policies, the US economy will crash in less than 50 years, the same thing will happen if the US follow Republican policies alone.. I always prefer one side win the White House while the other one wins one of the houses in congress to ensure checks and Balances
@bold,I beg to disagree America is far too divided to have a divided government nothing will ever work.Let the judiciary and people do the checks and balances.I feel for people who split their tickets in elections they are only doing themselves harm because government will never function or work steadily with a divided government because the opposing sides will do everything to bring the other down even if it means crumbling down the executive.The current GOP never checked on Trump while they had a United Congress and Whitehouse do not expect them to do same for the American people or have their interest at heart.They were never going to support the Biden covid relief bill so don't think they will do so now or support anything the Biden administration proposes.Thank God they lost the Senate they would have killed the Biden agenda.
I don't understand how people split tickets in elections not just in America if you want your government to work pick one side or if you sit on the fence and pick both nothing will get done.The GOP is far too toxic and far right to act in anyone's interest even if it will benefit their constituents we saw it in the relief package they opposed the bill never voted for it but some GOP senators and reps wanted to take credit for it because they know it will get to their constituents when they themselves never thought of their constituents before voting against it no wonder we call them the GQP.A divided government does not work or bring about checks and balances that is a pure lie it only cripples the efficiency of government in delivering for the people because the other side will always play politics instead of governing.Also today's Republican party is what the democratic party once was so the guy did not lie did he when he talked about them being racist because white supremacists now back their Party today so what does that tell you?
It is actually Republicans who ruin the economy and Democrats come right back to build it even Trump said it himself.No wonder Obama started with a recovery act from the recession and now Biden is starting with a rescue plan from the pandemic and battered economy so saying democratic policies crash the economy has in no way been true recently but same cannot be said Republicans

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

@bold,Yeah see below grin
Trump's health is in free fall since he was humiliated out of office. The dementia that killed his father Fred in 1999 is taking a toll on him and it's medically proven that dementia is hereditary. It's either the jail cell in Upstate New York or dementia that's going to put the morbidly obese Pig to the hell he deserves.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
Trump's health is in free fall since he was humiliated out of office. The dementia that killed his father Fred in 1999 is taking a toll on him and it's medically proven that dementia is hereditary. It's either the jail cell in Upstate New York or dementia that's going to put the morbidly obese Pig to the hell he deserves.
I am waiting for his tax returns to be released grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cornpop: 11:41am On Mar 20, 2021
[quote author=basilico post=100034269][/quote]

The media and salford1 I don't know who lie more.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibeme: 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

This is misguided, complacent and sloppy. Current iteration of the Republican party has nothing to offer but tears and should be obliterated for America's health.

Complacent and sloppy because The North ended Slavery while the South wanted it to continue. Those for Slavery/Jim Crow subsequently cross-carpeted into the Republican party when a prominent Southern Republican was pushing for such ideas, while those against Slavery/Jim Crow cross carpeted into the Dems. Where they stood at time of emancipation is arbitrary. All you need to know is that the South (currently Republicans) are the enemy while the North (currently Democrats) is your friend.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

I am waiting for his tax returns to be released grin
It will soon come out since the SCOTUS decided his fate. How about is plane grounded on some remote Airport in New Jersey. He doesn't even have enough money to fix it because they say getting it operational will cost several hundred of thousands of $$$. The cookies are crumbling before his face. Deutsche Bank and the Russian Oligarchs are waiting to take their bite out of the little he got left. The Chicken is coming home to Roost.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TEODIN: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ibeme:

This is misguided, complacent and sloppy. Current iteration of the Republican party has nothing to offer but tears and should be obliterated for America's health.

Complacent and sloppy because The North ended Slavery while the South wanted it to continue. Those for Slavery/Jim Crow subsequently cross-carpeted into the Republican party when a prominent Southern Republican was pushing for such ideas, while those against Slavery/Jim Crow cross carpeted into the Dems. Where they stood at time of emancipation is arbitrary. All you need to know is that the South (currently Republicans) are the enemy while the North (currently Democrats) is your friend.

Nobody is my Friend, Nobody is my Enemy.. I treat everyone with Love and Respect. You can carry about hate in your heart that’s your business

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibeme: 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

Nobody is my Friend, Nobody is my Enemy.. I treat everyone with Love and Respect. You can carry about hate in your heart that’s your business

Complacent, sloppy and ill-informed just like I thought. If you have nothing to add, keep quiet. There is nothing to love and respect about a political party whose policies, history and rhetoric are built around your subjugation.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TEODIN: 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ibeme:

Complacent, sloppy and ill-informed just like I thought. If you have nothing to add, keep quiet. There is nothing to love and respect about a political party whose policies, history and rhetoric are built around your subjugation.
You are the ill-informed person here, I refuse to hate like you.. go and read history, Republicans freed the slaves, the first 23 black people in congress was through the Republican Party when other parties were refusing black people to contest Elections.. Even CNN is not denying that Republicans ended slavery

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ibeme:

Well said but they won't know this

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

You are the ill-informed person here, I refuse to hate like you.. go and read history, Republicans freed the slaves, the first 23 black people in congress was through the Republican Party when other parties were refusing black people to contest Elections.. Even CNN is not denying that Republicans ended slavery
You are not comprehending what he is saying.
Everyone knows this but what he is talking about is the current Republican party.A lot changed in history which is why blacks tend to vote democratic now(have you bothered to ask yourself why that is?)have you heard about the Dixiecrats and civil rights movement who championed it between the two parties since the republican party stopped slavery why did they not go further to champion civil rights which the democratic party supported in later years did you not read where he said the parties changed or where he talked about the Jim crow era.What they did in history does not suddenly eliminate the rascism and hate they are embracing now.He is correct you are wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibeme: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

Like I said, completely ill informed and just yarning dust with confidence. The current Republicans are those old Southern Democrats who opposed abolition.
This should help you so you don't go running naked in the market next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eS2E-PoGo

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TEODIN: 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

@bold,I beg to disagree America is far too divided to have a divided government nothing will ever work.Let the judiciary and people do the checks and balances.I feel for people who split their tickets in elections they are only doing themselves harm because government will never function or work steadily with a divided government because the opposing sides will do everything to bring the other down even if it means crumbling down the executive.The current GOP never checked on Trump while they had a United Congress and Whitehouse do not expect them to do same for the American people or have their interest at heart.They were never going to support the Biden covid relief bill so don't think they will do so now or support anything the Biden administration proposes.Thank God they lost the Senate they would have killed the Biden agenda.
I don't understand how people split tickets in elections not just in America if you want your government to work pick one side or if you sit on the fence and pick both nothing will get done.The GOP is far too toxic and far right to act in anyone's interest even if it will benefit their constituents we saw it in the relief package they opposed the bill never voted for it but some GOP senators and reps wanted to take credit for it because they know it will get to their constituents when they themselves never thought of their constituents before voting against it no wonder we call them the GQP.A divided government does not work or bring about checks and balances that is a pure lie it only cripples the efficiency of government in delivering for the people because the other side will always play politics instead of governing.Also today's Republican party is what the democratic party once was so the guy did not lie did he when he talked about them being racist because white supremacists now back their Party today so what does that tell you?
It is actually Republicans who ruin the economy and Democrats come right back to build it even Trump said it himself.No wonder Obama started with a recovery act from the recession and now Biden is starting with a rescue plan from the pandemic and battered economy so saying democratic policies crash the economy has in no way been true recently but same cannot be said Republicans
I understand your points but the both parties are toxic now and are now more about their interest instead of the interest of the people.. Even Bernie Sanders said the reason Pelosi and the house resisted Trump’s $2000 package was political reasons since they believed it may help him during the election, is that not toxicity?? I never said Democrats are bad for the Economy, I said we need both sides... I supported Elizabeth Warren last election which many people see as far left but I know that we need some Republican policies to ensure stability.. if you think running an open border, plus socialism is sustainable for 50 years then you are probably dreaming.. I probably will support Democratic Party in the next few election cycles because I am pro- free healthcare and anti- gun which the GOP is not in support of that does not mean they are my enemies and I have to hate them.. I still support their belief in the free market economy. I am not pro-party or anti-party, I am pro-policies

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

Let’s be honest, there are people who have been on different path of Legal Migration and have stayed about 16 years with USCIS and NVC.. why is the focus only on illegal migrants while Legal migrants keep on being punished??

Didn't I already spot this out? Some people have been on it for 20+ years

That why immigration reform is necessary

the whole thing is lengthy

But address the legal part of it while abandoning the illegal

won't address the issues of borders

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

Yeah true bipartisanship is necessary

that as always been my discussion

look earlier

I never said one part can do it alone

but we know the current state of things

no matter the bill, it's going to be divided along party lines

So don't let's pretend here

The current set of republicans in both chambers, don't want immigration reform

Maybe some do? Maybe.

but majority are gunning for a total scrap off.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ibeme:

Excellent point. If he wants to align himself with a RepubliKKKan Party that are filled with Nazis and Klans, he's perfectly within his right. You should ask him why the Nazis, Klans, and White Nationalists find a comfortable home in the RepubliKKKan Party.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

Lmao, they freed the slaves

yet a good 40% of there voters are confederates? Why?

Why would enemies of the Republican party 200 years ago support the republican party today? the States republicans fought against for sedition are right now 50% of the Republican electoral college votes?

doesn't that prove that republican party you claimed freed the slaves aren't the same one anymore.

plain fact here if Eisenhower or Reagan contest in a primary election for the republican mandate today, they would both lose, that shows how far gone they are.

Hell if Lincoln goes for a primary in the current republican party, he would lose landslide.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TEODIN: 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Timiofak:

Yeah true bipartisanship is necessary

that as always been my discussion

look earlier

I never said one part can do it alone

but we know the current state of things

no matter the bill, it's going to be divided along party lines

So don't let's pretend here

The current set of republicans in both chambers, don't want immigration reform

Maybe some do? Maybe.

but majority are gunning for a total scrap off.
Matured response cheesy cheesy not like that Idiot who came and start throwing insults expecting me to hate people because of their political associations. Immigration is something that a great solution have to be implemented because what both parties are pushing is not practical and just.. Anti-immigration is wrong, Open borders is not feasible, The Economy can’t sustain it forever.. I believe H1B should be scrapped for the Canadian model instead..
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

I understand your points but the both parties are toxic now and are now more about their interest instead of the interest of the people.. Even Bernie Sanders said the reason Pelosi and the house resisted Trump’s $2000 package was political reasons since they believed it may help him during the election, is that not toxicity?? I never said Democrats are bad for the Economy, I said we need both sides... I supported Elizabeth Warren last election which many people see as far left but I know that we need some Republican policies to ensure stability.. if you think running an open border, plus socialism is sustainable for 50 years then you are probably dreaming.. I probably will support Democratic Party in the next few election cycles because I am pro- free healthcare and anti- gun which the GOP is not in support of that does not mean they are my enemies and I have to hate them.. I still support their belief in the free market economy. I am not pro-party or anti-party, I am pro-policies
Do you have a link or report to back up the bolded statement? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

Matured response cheesy cheesy not like that Idiot who came and start throwing insults expecting me to hate people because of their political associations. Immigration is something that a great solution have to be implemented because what both parties are pushing is not practical and just.. Anti-immigration is wrong, Open borders is not feasible, The Economy can’t sustain it forever.. I believe H1B should be scrapped for the Canadian model instead..

H1 B as been reduced to nothing in the last 4 years.

I believe we would start seeing more of it soon

h1b is nice, it helps bring in students that just completed there education in America into the economy, instead of realising all of them back, thereby forcing them to get into fake marriages for green card, and not all of them would be lucky to get it thereby turning to illegals.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TEODIN: 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
Timiofak:

H1 B is been reduced to nothing in the last 4 years.

I believe we would start seeing more of it soon

h1b is nice, it helps bring in students that just completed there education in America, instead of realising them to the public

Or allowing them get into fake marriages for green card, and not all of them would be lucky to get it thereby turning to illegals.
H1B puts the responsibilities on companies and most companies take Advantage of that to treat graduates indiscriminately.. The Canadian model puts it in the hands of the graduates.. And they have a clear path to green card sometimes 1 year after their studies
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

I didnt even see this sef, this is a lie oooo

it was after the election, Trump supported 2k checks, and it was when pelosi played mcconnel.

I think December ending

after the election

And mcconnel wasn't going to pass neither.

so shey you see those Republicans are serious at all.

And free market is a joke

There is nothing like free-market anywhere, any law concerning the economy, it has been lobbied by a company that is going to benefit from it, both democrats and republicans are guilty of that

I don't believe in the so-called ”free market” it sounds good on paper and looks good, but humans would be humans, greedy ones would surely arise. There is always a way monopoly comes is

I believe some things shouldn't be let to free market, or else it's full-blown anarchy

We are seeing it in Nigeria right now

Nigeria has one of the largest limestone resource

Yet we have the most expensive bag of cement in the whole world

why? One greedy ”capitalist” as gone to corner the limestone deport and gone for an 80 years lease.

so I believe some sectors should be managed solely by the government.

so you can call me 60% socialist.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timiofak(m): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

H1B puts the responsibilities on companies and most companies take Advantage of that to treat graduates indiscriminately.. The Canadian model puts it in the hands of the graduates.. And they have a clear path to green card sometimes 1 year after their studies

As I said earlier. Pitch this to any progressive they would jump at it with speed

But it won't work in America.

let's be realistic here

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
TEODIN:

I understand your points but the both parties are toxic now and are now more about their interest instead of the interest of the people.. Even Bernie Sanders said the reason Pelosi and the house resisted Trump’s $2000 package was political reasons since they believed it may help him during the election,
Do you have a link or report to back up the bolded statement? Thanks

Timiofak:

I didnt even see this sef, this is a lie oooo

it was after the election, Trump supported 2k checks, and it was when pelosi played mcconnel.

I think December ending

after the election

And mcconnel wasn't going to pass neither.

so shey you see those Republicans are serious at all.

That's why I pointed out the bolded in the previous post. It has to be one of the greatest barefaced lie told on this thread grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) ... (4139) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: crystalpapers(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.