Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1894581 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) ... (4442) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
saxywale1:

Those places are too far away. They can just drive or fly to Canada to have it done.

Abortion is ilegal in Nigeria. People always find a way though; hence, the rate of abortion back home is even higher than the USA.

I agree that if the Republicans weren't blocking making it so hard for the unprivileged in raising kids, alot of people would rather keep their pregnancy than to lose it.

True!! I think it is time women sit with the men in their lives and table it. I mean communication - not just "we are both in the mood" nothing else matters anymore.
Talk - say no, bring out the condom ... Let's talk about it - you and me - supreme court done finish its own - now here is the reality - let's table it.
Bring vasectomy into the discussion too. They blame women for abortion - but refuse to look at the bigger picture.

Rape, incest, medical issues must be considered though.

Alright, we go from here. Let's go another 40 plus years and see how states do with the new highs.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
armyofone:

True!! I think it is time women sit with the men in their lives and table it. I mean communication - not just "we are both in the mood" nothing else matters anymore.
Talk - say no, bring out the condom ... Let's talk about it - you and me - supreme court done finish its own - now here is the reality - let's table it.
Bring vasectomy into the discussion too. They blame women for abortion - but refuse to look at the bigger picture.

Rape, incest, medical issues must be considered though.

Alright, we go from here. Let's go another 40 plus years and see.

Ba na so dogo maganna

Lets do it first

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
raumdeuter:

Ba na so dogo maganna

Lets do it first

Na dongo magana fa!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:04am On Jun 28, 2022
WASHINGTON (AP) — A political shift is beginning to take hold across the U.S. as tens of thousands of suburban swing voters who helped fuel the Democratic Party’s gains in recent years are becoming Republicans.

More than 1 million voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year, according to voter registration data analyzed by The Associated Press. The previously unreported number reflects a phenomenon that is playing out in virtually every region of the country — Democratic and Republican states along with cities and small towns — in the period since President Joe Biden replaced former President Donald Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-biden-covid-health-presidential-e50db07385831e67f866ec45402be8b9

It’s more so a rejection of the left than embracing the right,” said Smith, a 37-year-old professional counselor whose transition away from the Democratic Party began five or six years ago when he registered as a libertarian
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 5:24am On Jun 28, 2022
raumdeuter:
WASHINGTON (AP) — A political shift is beginning to take hold across the U.S. as tens of thousands of suburban swing voters who helped fuel the Democratic Party’s gains in recent years are becoming Republicans.

More than 1 million voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year, according to voter registration data analyzed by The Associated Press. The previously unreported number reflects a phenomenon that is playing out in virtually every region of the country — Democratic and Republican states along with cities and small towns — in the period since President Joe Biden replaced former President Donald Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-biden-covid-health-presidential-e50db07385831e67f866ec45402be8b9

It’s more so a rejection of the left than embracing the right,” said Smith, a 37-year-old professional counselor whose transition away from the Democratic Party began five or six years ago when he registered as a libertarian

Let them shift - another few years they shift back like again. Libertarian and independent, green, neutral etc all in.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 5:41am On Jun 28, 2022
armyofone:

Let them shift - another few years they shift back like again. Libertarian and independent, green, neutral etc all in.

This was the same thing people like Elon Musk and many Democrats that made them leave the party

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 6:15am On Jun 28, 2022
raumdeuter:

This was the same thing people like Elon Musk and many Democrats that made them leave the party

They will be back - some Republicans are coming in.

Once they see one young and handsome motivational speaker, they come rushing back - cheesy

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2022
armyofone:

They will be back - some Republicans are coming in.

Once they see one young and handsome motivational speaker, they come rushing back - cheesy

CNN poll 2days ago show Republicans have a significant lead in vote enthusiasm.

Which also increase after the leaked RvW.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 8:21am On Jun 28, 2022
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2022
saxywale1:

Those places are too far away. They can just drive or fly to Canada to have it done.

Abortion is ilegal in Nigeria. People always find a way though; hence, the rate of abortion back home is even higher than the USA.

I agree that if the Republicans weren't blocking making it so hard for the unprivileged in raising kids, alot of people would rather keep their pregnancy than to lose it.

Abortion is conditionally illegal in Nigeria, not completely illegal. Check Section 228 to 230 of the Nigeria Criminal Code Act.

The defense against abortion charge is if it's done illegally without a medical cause. If the life of the mother or child is adversely medically endangered by the pregnancy.
That's having to make a difficult decision to keep one person alive so it's justifiable. Almost like euthanasia.

Anything outside of that is brainless murder. And it's shameful that people are campaigning for their right to indiscriminately murder children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:35am On Jun 28, 2022
The left is evil. Coach fired for praying after the games were over. Supreme court leftists say he does not deserve first amendment protections.
The left is anti God

https://technofog.substack.com/p/a-big-win-for-religious-liberty-at

This case is about whether a public school must permit a school official to kneel, bow his head, and say a prayer at the center of a school event.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by jimetagambo: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
basilico:
The left is evil. Coach fired for praying after the games were over. Supreme court leftists say he does not deserve first amendment protections.
The left is anti God

https://technofog.substack.com/p/a-big-win-for-religious-liberty-at

This case is about whether a public school must permit a school official to kneel, bow his head, and say a prayer at the center of a school event.
Addikted donkey

Da right Isa fery evil.

Ah rightey ah shoot ah man becos ofu mayoinase

Kikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale1: 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2022
armyofone:
Those people who really need to do it will buy flight tickets to Europe or Nigeria to do it joo.

saxywale1:

Abortion is ilegal in Nigeria.

DissTroy:

Abortion is conditionally illegal in Nigeria, not completely illegal.

The point is that Nigeria has a restrictive abortion law You can't just buy a ticket and fly to Nigeria for an abortion procedure.

But we all know there are tons of back street abortion alleys, chemists (pharmacy shops), some real doctors and lots of quack doctors that will do it for a fee; hence, the high rate of abortion in Nigeria despite the restrictive and tough abortion laws which is considered a ban/prohibition by international standards.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/284723-2-7-million-nigerian-women-engage-in-abortion-expert.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/3/a-global-look-at-abortion-and-some-of-the-worlds-toughest-laws

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
saxywale1:

The point is that Nigeria has a restrictive abortion law You can't just buy a ticket and fly to Nigeria for an abortion procedure.

But we all know there are tons of back street abortion alleys, chemists (pharmacy shops), some real doctors and lots of quack doctors that will do it for a fee; hence, the high rate of abortion in Nigeria despite the restrictive and tough abortion laws which is considered a ban/prohibition by international standards.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/284723-2-7-million-nigerian-women-engage-in-abortion-expert.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/3/a-global-look-at-abortion-and-some-of-the-worlds-toughest-laws

You are going off about nothing.

Abortion is conditionally legal in Nigeria. Teh caveat is what I have explained.

Of course if you seek to kill a child, you'd go to quacks.

But if you have medical cause, you can walk into any hospital in Nigeria with a doctor's report to get an abortion.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale1: 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
happney65:
Pence says abortion should be banned nationwide. States included sef. No abortion anywhere for America joo.
. grin

armyofone:
Those people who really need to do it will buy flight tickets to Europe or Nigeria to do it joo.

DissTroy:

You are going off about nothing.

Abortion is conditionally legal in Nigeria. Teh caveat is what I have explained.

Of course if you seek to kill a child, you'd go to quacks.

But if you have medical cause, you can walk into any hospital in Nigeria with a doctor's report to get an abortion.
You keep trying to digress from the original post I was replying to and taking my reply out of context. Please try and comprehend the post (armyofone) I was replying to. The discussion was not about pregnancy that could prove fatal to the mother but about having an abortion just because you don't want to keep the foetus or ready to raise a child.

As per the bolded. Even the majority (if not all states) with the ban/restrictive abortion laws in the US allows that, Right? If a woman from Texas has an ectopic or any other life threatening pregnancy, why would she then need to fly to Nigeria for an abortion where medical health quality and service is PISS POOR? The procedure can be done in Texas.

My point is that if the US were to ban abortion in all states as Pence suggested in happney's post, you can't just pick up a flight and head to Nigeria for an abortion just because you are avoiding a US ban, and do not want a child as assumed by armyofone. Hence, my post about abortion being ilegal in Nigeria (aside if the mother's life is at stake).

If I know about the ilegality of abortion in Nigeria, then I definitely know or have read about the clause. The bolded is right there in the Al-Jazeera link I posted, but it's obvious you did not read it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
--January 6 Insurrection, Public Hearing Day 6, Tuesday June 28 at 1pm ET---

Cassidy Hutchinson, Top Advisor to Mark Meadows, the first WH employee under Trump to testify live---Some points under discussion:

-Trump agreed w/“hang Pence”
-Warned of Jan 6 violence
-Planned fake electors for months
-Knew scheme was illegal
-GOP Reps asked for pardons
-And pressured Pence
-Mark Meadows burned docs
-Seizing voting machine talk
-Martial law talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
keep doing exactly why they have high inflation, hoping thing for different result.

Millions in California to receive up to $1,050 in 'inflation relief'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by jimetagambo: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
feedthenation:
--January 6 Insurrection, Public Hearing Day 6, Tuesday June 28 at 1pm ET---

Cassidy Hutchinson, Top Advisor to Mark Meadows, the first WH employee under Trump to testify live---Some points under discussion:

-Trump agreed w/“hang Pence”
-Warned of Jan 6 violence
-Planned fake electors for months
-Knew scheme was illegal
-GOP Reps asked for pardons
-And pressured Pence
-Mark Meadows burned docs
-Seizing voting machine talk
-Martial law talk
Efen fox news ah becom stunnds witi da testimonys

https://twitter.com/LynnoVen/status/1541867080189894657?t=70xU9PlYR4JrCmHojnMpWw&s=19

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1541859461496815616?t=n4uxOXqhFSxhX3qz9HrVow&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Efen fox news ah becom stunnds witi da testimonys

https://twitter.com/LynnoVen/status/1541867080189894657?t=70xU9PlYR4JrCmHojnMpWw&s=19

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1541859461496815616?t=n4uxOXqhFSxhX3qz9HrVow&s=19

All I had to do was read Trump’s Telegram rebuttal. Nothing in that Cassidy bitter woman. You can read too - if you want the truth.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
Only people like gambo and friends will be fooled by Adam aka “Shifty” Schiff or Schitt grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
ono:

All I had to do was read Trump’s Telegram rebuttal. Nothing in that Cassidy bitter woman. You can read too - if you want the truth.

---Cassidy Hutchinson is testifying live under oath---whilst TreasonTrump is on Truth Social---and of course Trump doesn't know her---

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
So long as Adam the "shifty" Schiff is in anything, and anything at ALL. There is no way on earth I will ever be convinced to believe in whatever he or his gang are into - just plain no way!

He sleeps, breathes and walks lies every day. Full of mischief!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
ono:

no cross examination on a hearsay. only fools takes the hearing seriously.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
feedthenation:

---Cassidy Hutchinson is testifying live under oath---whilst TreasonTrump is on Truth Social---and of course Trump doesn't know her---

under oath grin
on a banana hearing. how do you test a lie is being told without cross examination. use your head for once.
you dont say things without evidence and not give the accused a chance to cross examine.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
benalvino3:

under oath grin
on a banana hearing. how do you test a lie is being told without cross examination. use your head for once.
you dont say things without evidence and not give the accused a chance to cross examine.

---TreasonTrump doesn't even know her---but here Cassidy in close proximity to Trump on AirForce One with Kayleigh McEnany---

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
feedthenation:

---TreasonTrump doesn't even know her---but here Cassidy in close proximity to Trump on AirForce One with Kayleigh McEnany---

it does not mean he knows her. lol and it does not mean she is saying the truth. her testimony is a hearsay

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 11:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
ono:
So long as Adam the "shifty" Schiff is in anything, and anything at ALL. There is no way on earth I will ever be convinced to believe in whatever he or his gang are into - just plain no way!

He sleeps, breathes and walks lies every day. Full of mischief!

I thought you weren't watching

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
Ibime:

I thought you weren't watching

I wasn't, man!

I can't watch "pencil neck" Adam "Schifty" the decitful, mischievous Schiff - Schitt!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 12:38am On Jun 29, 2022
Feedthenation if this is true what will you say about yourself? She said trump was in the beast but videos shows otherwise.

You post every lie being told here. You don't stop to think for a bit.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 12:46am On Jun 29, 2022
Also, feedthenation, was there any records of them inviting the agents to come and testify? Didn't they threatened or raid someone who refuse to testify? Why rely on someone who claimed she heard from someone instead hearing it from the main source itself

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 12:51am On Jun 29, 2022
benalvino3:
Also, feedthenation, was there any records of them inviting the agents to come and testify? Didn't they threatened or raid someone who refuse to testify? Why rely on someone who claimed she heard from someone instead hearing it from the main source itself

Adam the Shifty Schiff style! - busted!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 12:52am On Jun 29, 2022
The woman testifying has already testified on 3 occasions why this now? Feedthenation, you follow this here. Tell me if that's true. Has she testified before?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) ... (4442) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: SpaceX and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.