Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1679514 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (4165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2019
budaatum:

I did not call you stupid, BraniacX. I said "How supporting Atiku, a known crook who wishes to sell, or rather, own the golden goose is not stupid, defies reason in my book!" And it was in response to you claiming support for Buhari is a "peculiar kind of stupid". Neither do I believe Buhari can do no wrong.

Atiku is part of the party that ruled when a huge theft of what Nigeria owned occurred in the guise of privatisation. People claim Buhari is no better, but I disagree. When PDP ruled, it just so happened that it was a period when Nigeria enjoyed a boom with our main commodity selling for prices we have never before seen. But where did all that money go? I saw it being spent on the streets of my own home town with people receiving money from politicians just for yelling rankadede. I'd take people to my farm to work all day and pay them above the odds only for them to return home at the end of the day to find some jobless idiot has more in his pocket just for going around with politicians! When Buhari came in that stopped, and I'm glad it did. A nation can't progress when jobless people earn more than those who work.

Now, people would claim Buhari too is corrupt. Personally, I don't believe it, nor have I any reason to. To start with, Nigerians are not stupid. There's no way he can be stealing all by himself without sharing with others, which if he was would be seen by it being spent on the streets but it isn't. But even if he were stealing, he is not stealing as much as was stolen under Atiku and co. The fact that jobless people are starving is evidence that he most likely isn't.

Atiku was specifically responsible for privatisation, which I don't think has served us well. A lot of what was privatised is now moribund since the assets of the privatised companies were just stripped and abandoned. So why would I wish NNPC, the goose that lays the golden egg, privatised by him of all people? Do I need to have two brains to know that even if privatisation were a good thing, he is not the best to be in charge of it? Privatisation may be a good thing in the future. But UK, a forerunner of privatise, are currently ruing the fact they privatised with a lot of privatised institutions not doing so well. And I feel they were more transparent in how they went about it than we would be. Sorry, but I just don't feel now is the right time for it, and even if we were to go ahead with it, I'd rather Atiku not be involved.

Regardless, all the above is simply my opinion. In time, the facts would out, and if it turns out my bubu has been corrupt all along, do expect me to come on here and accept I was wrong and call for his head. I know and expect that you, for one, would not let me off without me eating humble pie. And that is at it should be. Please do not go easy on me. Where I stand is laid out in many threads to condemn me with if I turn out to be the stupid one. And since I sai bubu quite a lot you must not skimp on the size of the humble pie you shove down my deserving throat.

Now, regarding Trump. Personally, my gut tells me not to trust him. Take his wall. 30billion will not be enough to build a wall between Mexico and America so I don't think its a good idea for starts. The wall between East and West Germany is indicative of the silliness of such ideas. People go on about how well he's run the economy when the truth is that America is only just reaping the fruits of Obama's policies. And the way Trump is going, I expect that economic progress to stop. He goes on about climate change being false in an era when the evidence says otherwise. He's given tax cuts to the wealthy. He wants to scrap Obamacare that has favoured millions who beforehand had no care, and so on. We're already seeing the effect of his policies in companies like Apple, and farmers are moaning that there's no market for their soyabeans. The slump in sales blamed on tariffs by some will result in job losses in America and probably a recession, in my opinion.

But the facts, or rather, my facts, hardly matter, or at least they are countered by facts as seen by the other side. For I'm sure you have counter facts to whatever I have to say, which I'm certain you will claim are more valid than mine. And that's the beauty of democracy. On election day, we all go to vote, and the person who gets the most votes becomes President in Nigeria as well as in America. And calling each other stupid will have nothing whatsoever to do with it. And if either of us has a brain in our heads, we'd surely find out.

My apologies then if i jumped the gun and implied you were stupid, point is i don't want atiku either, but he's the best shot at unseating buhari, his multiple cross carpeting which is unique to Nigerian politics indicates that his primary loyalty is to himself! Any politician who cross carpets even once without being practically forced out of the party like shehu sanni has lost my trust for life, the two major political parties in Nigeria are a single breed and i am not naive to believe otherwise, same politician different flag and they'd always blame the previous party for all the ills they helped execute! I honestly don't believe atiku is incorrupt either, a former public officer acquiring so much wealth can only be through manipulation of statecraft to suit his ends, but it all ends there====> "belief" I believe this in my heart of hearts but i can't prove it and for now atiku for me serves the purpose of unseating buhari so he has my total support!
Now to buhari, i never supported this man, but he rode into power on a wave of goodwill of the alleged majority, he had it within his power to make a massive difference with little to no opposition, my grouse with buhari asides my hate is first and foremost his hypocrisy that stinks to the high heavens pertaining to corruption, yes corruption is far far worse under buhari and the APC but they came into power wielding the sword of propaganda and they have been sharpening that sword and hacking with it ever since, selling the narrative that corruption is an exclusively PDP thing, on your experience concerning jobless people making more money under the previous government, that isn't true from my own experience, down here in the south, only having an official government portfolio no matter how ridiculous would guarantee that because politicians here dont go around sharing money except during campaigns, anybody who wants to live of the cash harnessed from a "rankadede" would starve in either regimes but people could live better back then because they had jobs, what went wrong is the dearth of the private sector and the middle class and this brings me to the second and worst reason why i absolutely hate buhari, buhari killed our economy and crippled the middle class, you might want to defend buhari citing price of oil, foreign debt and so on, but obasonjo came into power in 1999 with the price of oil at around $10/barrel, massive foreign debt, massive corruption and looting of our wealth by the previous military administration(s), incessant crisis in our oil producing sector with the proliferation of many Niger delta militant groups so much so that under him Nigeria was hardly ever able to meet its OPEC quota, massive opposition and multiple attempted impeachments in the national assembly, but obasonjo persevered and improved our economy, negotiated debt reduction, saw to the rise of the middle class and many more, so why should that excuse suffice for buhari? The difference between an obasonjo and a buhari is simple, buhari might be literate but he is poorly educated and as such makes terrible decisions based on his poor understanding, buhari goes around the globe demarketing Nigeria and Nigerians, he wants to create a global image of himself and just himself alone to be the only incorruptible Nigerian a.k.a lone ranger and if he throws the entirety of Nigeria under the bus to achieve that so be it! What is presidential in that attitude? Every single word a president utters has ramifications that can't be easily predicted and this he has in common with trump, he started his admin talking about bringing parity to the exchange rate one of his many superfluous promises, he talked about using the organs of state to achieve that in a supposed free market with many foreign investors, that kind of language from a new president of a new party whose political/economic agenda was vague to start with forced the hands of many a foreign investor who withdrew their dollars from our economy, instituting a massive capital flight and folding up of these companies with resultant folding up of the Nigerian companies they did business with in a domino effect with the eventual loss of millions of jobs from the collapsed companies all in the private sector which is supposed to drive an economy forward and that is the source of our recession, couple that with the massive spike in the exchange rate caused by the shortage of dollars due to foreign capital flight and the resultant inflation in the cost of imported goods on which we are heavily reliant and you get the bleak picture, these two things have little to do with corruption and oil price, these are two policy/leadership failures that can be placed directly on the doorsteps of the president and no one else! No one else can take the fall for these no matter the narrative his propagandists spin, we in the supposed middle class are feeling the bite, i have never worked for government or benefitted from government, I don't earn that sumptuous government monthly salary, I have always been in the private sector and strived to make my ends meet, but since buhari's second recession, that has gotten harder and harder even with juggling extra jobs, the money we earn now no longer has same spending power as it used to and our cumulative expenses and bills have increased so why should i be Happy?
I recently chatted with a colleague of mine working in Dubai who sat for a promotion exam along side about 20 other candidates including from other African countries like Kenya and Uganda, they all got promoted except him and the other Nigerian! They made a query to management demanding to know if it could even be possible they failed the exam, HR called them aside and pleaded with them that they did pass the exams but management was uncomfortable with putting Nigerians in positions of authority because of their corruption "as stated repeatedly by their president!" so do you get it? My friend lost his promotion and better pay directly because of your president and no one else! And this is just one example and my friend is understandably furious! He hasn't shown interest in Nigerian politics for a while but he does now and he is massively anti-buhari for obvious reasons!
I can go on and on about the corrosion and politicization of institutions and instruments of state, the massive corruption cases cronies of buhari are involved in but is being swept under the carpet and/or ignored but i don't want to bore you further, your decision is made as is mine and we will all suffer the consequences of it so may GOD help us all, I wish i had the alternative of farming many middle class individuals have up north which you apparently do, I hear it is profitable and i for one would welcome the extra income, I don't depend on government and don't want their largesse, but i would like my hard work to suffice for me and be able to save too like i used to before buhari's calamity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 9:19am On Jan 04, 2019
Anduku:

Not comparing your motives with mine, just pointing out your blatant hypocrisy. It's there for all to see.
You don't take sides on politics per se but the personality involved is no less a person than the president of the US and I haven't seen you accuse him of not being a good father or a good husband or of not being a good English speaker or you know, any of the none politics issues. All your interventions here have been on hot button political issues in the US. From border security, to immigration/caravans, to spending bills and shutdown, all of them are relating to his political role as president of the US and not his own interpersonal relationships with others. Stop deceiving yourself with that "not on politics per se" angle because you have entered the fray on all the current hot political issues in the US at the moment.
Not hypocrisy dude just wrong forum, trust me i go full ballistic on his non policy issues on other fora but i try to abide by the spirit of this thread i.e the politics, or you would tire of me covfefe-ing around your praise singing of the orange trumpetskin! grin wink cheesy
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 9:36am On Jan 04, 2019
Anduku:

Unlike me? And who told you I don't have family and friend's in the US? I have a whole lot of them living in Maryland, Texas and California. I don't just understand the way you reason. you have never met someone and yet you try to sound as if you are an authority on his life story. I don't know if this a general problem with liberals or just you. I also watch CNN and follow other liberal leaning websites like politico.com. and WaPo(As a matter of fact, I do watch CNN more than FOX news). BTW, do you think CNN doesn't give a heads up to her liberal talk heads? CNN that was even caught planting people at a town hall and sending Hillary Clinton the questions that were to be asked by supposedly "random" attendees at a town hall? Please tell me something else. And who told you that Temple1288 is my only firsthand source of info on things happening in the US? I just pointed him out being someone also on this forum we can also relate to and asked you why you should believe Abbeybailey and not him. You seem to have a problem that you don't even know you have and that's the problem of presumption. You somehow think that just because you assume something then they must be facts.
Don't have a sleepless nights over me. I have nothing personal against you because I don't even know you as a person. You might even be someone I can hang out with and have fun. My problem with Trump that you Trumpheads don't understand is that I have seen how damaging racism is. My number 1 grouse with Trump is his undiluted and open bigotry and racism. I couldn't care less about most of his politics because I grew up under the Gipper and i have seen my share of Presidents. They come and go but to be a President of a diverse country with that open bigotry against your own citizens is frankly annoying. The president is the moral conscience of America and Trump in that regard is a monumental failure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 9:57am On Jan 04, 2019
Anduku:

Funny that the person who made this comment is attacking me for being interested in American politics while living in Nigeria and he also lives in Nigeria like me. Can u see how hypocritical this liberals can be??

You try too hard to paint me a "you" a.k.a hypocrite! and pander to other shallow thinkers who enjoy your commentaries, i asked you, for your very open and known stance on american politics, where and what is your Nigerian equivalent? What does conservatism mean to you in the Nigerian context? Your response must be well defined as mine or you remain a blatant hypocrite! Or isn't charity supposed to begin from home anymore?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2019
Martinez19:
In the first video I gave, she said "let's not do what does not works." what was that? "... closing our borders and pulling the gangplank." Her support for the open border policy was a common fact during her presidential campaign and for democrats to turn around and say she did not support the open border policy is outright denial or pathetic ignorance.
And pray tell me what is wrong with the open border policy? I'm interested in learning mind you but i won't accept any trump talking points
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:

And pray tell me what is wrong with the open border policy? I'm interested in learning mind you but i won't accept any trump talking points

Maybe your answer might be found in how Hillary was scared to admit it in the open.

Let any Democrat just campaign on open borders and let us see the response

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:

You try too hard to paint me a "you" a.k.a hypocrite! and pander to other shallow thinkers who enjoy your commentaries, i asked you, for your very open and known stance on american politics, where and what is your Nigerian equivalent? What does conservatism mean to you in the Nigerian context? Your response must be well defined as mine or you remain a blatant hypocrite! Or isn't charity supposed to begin from home anymore?
If you want to know my stance on Nigerian politics, you go and read my posts on Nigerian politics threads and you could help us by naming those who you refer to as "shallow thinkers" who enjoy reading my commentary. I have never said you shouldn't be commenting on American politics, that's your own view so I am not painting myself as anything like you. I comment on American politics and I believe everyone has the right to do so if they wish to. All I was doing with those posts was pointing out the hypocrisy on your own part to be saying others have no right to do something while you are doing the exact same thing.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

Maybe your answer might be found in how Hillary was scared to admit it in the open.

Let any Democrat just campaign on open borders and let us see the response

So i take it that Americans generally hate open borders?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:
So i take it that Americans generally hate open borders?

Most likely majority of Americans hate open borders but Hilary for some reason was trying to sneak it behind them which was why she gave the speech at a private event and denied it vehemently in public.

Borders serve as a form of security. When you have something you cherish you protect it. Do you practice open door policy to everyone in your house? If your house has your kids you love and possession you cherish do you practice open door policy?

Do you think Nigeria should also practice open border and open the borders for anyone and everyone willing to come in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2019
Anduku:

If you want to know my stance on Nigerian politics, you go and read my posts on Nigerian politics threads and you could help us by naming those who you refer to as "shallow thinkers" who enjoy reading my commentary. I have never said you shouldn't be commenting on American politics, that's your own view so I am not painting myself as anything like you. I comment on American politics and I believe everyone has the right to do so if they wish to. All I was doing with those posts was pointing out the hypocrisy on your own part to be saying others have no right to do something while you are doing the exact same thing.

Blah blah blah state it here simple, I did, i didn't ask you to go research me, I'm as interested in you as you are in me undecided you pander towards conservatism right? (I stand to be corrected though) how does that play out in your views concerning Nigerian politics? Those are the simple questions i am asking, let us know you're a conservative or whatever else through and through, abroad and at home where your charity begins, that is, if we are still holding on to the premise that we espouse opposing political ideologies
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

Most likely majority of Americans hate open borders but Hilary for some reason was trying to sneak it behind them which was why she gave the speech at a private event and denied it vehemently in public.

Borders serve as a form of security. When you have something you cherish you protect it. Do you practice open door policy to everyone in your house? If your house has your kids you love and possession you cherish do you practice open door policy?

Do you think Nigeria should also practice open border and open the borders for anyone and everyone willing to come in
is it the concept of border security or the reality of it that makes Americans hate open borders in your views? Historically, America was founded by and prospered on immigrants and immigration, when you practice closed borders as a concept, the reality is that you only succeed in stopping immigration not cross border crime, organized crime will always find a way through the paper wall called border security, it is as true in Nigeria as it is in America and many other countries except north Korea for obvious reasons, if you agree with my assertion, then all closed borders imply is in stopping immigration which has never been bad for the US economy.
On Nigeria, the belief we even have borders stopping human traffic is farcical at best, our borders exist only to milk revenues both legally and illegally from trans border commerce esp illegally so no, the concept of closed borders for Nigeria is deceitful so it is not worth pondering
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:
is it the concept of border security or the reality of it that makes Americans hate open borders in your views? Historically, America was founded by and prospered on immigrants and immigration, when you practice closed borders as a concept, the reality is that you only succeed in stopping immigration not cross border crime, organized crime will always find a way through the paper wall called border security, it is as true in Nigeria as it is in America and many other countries except north Korea for obvious reasons, if you agree with my assertion, then all closed borders imply is in stopping immigration which has never been bad for the US economy.
On Nigeria, the belief we even have borders stopping human traffic is farcical at best, our borders exist only to milk revenues both legally and illegally from trans border commerce esp illegally so no, the concept of closed borders for Nigeria is deceitful so it is not worth pondering

Most Americans are not anti-immigration, they only want to be able to vet those who are coming into their country just like any responsible person will
In your house currently, do you open doors to EVERY one or do you want to reserve the right to vet the people that come in?

Will crime come in more when you have some checks or when you have none?

There was a time under OBJ when thieves were coming to Nigeria steal cars and sell in Cotonou. They were running it as a syndicate until OBJ told the custom to seal the borders and it stopped until the robber was arrested

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 5:44pm On Jan 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

Most Americans are not anti immigration, they only want to be able to vet those who are coming into their country just like any responsible person will
In your house currently do you open doors to EVERY one or do you want to reserve the right to vet the people that come in?

Will crime come in more when you have some checks or when you have none?
Well i see your point, it is the sense of security not actual security itself, because truth be told, you can't predetermine anybody's intentions until they act on it, and for the truly criminal, they'd only go through official borders if their disguises can withstand scrutiny or they'd smuggle themselves or their products through alternative routes as has always been the case.
If crime of certain forms is to be reduced e.g drug trafficking, then the demand for such drugs has to be reduced first by working towards making the US the country it should be with all its resources, the US lags behind on many development indices as compared to other developed nations and this is due to a popular notion that certain things considered fundamental rights in other countries are priviledges you can only acquire to certain extents your financial muscle can tolerate, i might be wrong, but i don't think there's that much of a drugs, crime and gun problem in Scandinavian countries as there are in the US
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:

That reetard you are talking to, is a classic example of walking white supremacist wannabe. What you are getting from that tool is classic rural south backward opinion. It's better you go watch bird at the park than trying to reason with that Steve King wannabe.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:
One thing the Trumpheads do not understand is that overwhelming number of illegal aliens are the ones that comes to US and overstay their visas. Don't believe the BS of the right wing nuts telling you that Democrats favors open borders. It's a red herring being propagated by the racists right wing loonies. Americans like most people of the world wants their borders secured not only for immigration but from attacks from foreign nations. Let them come out with facts that says Democrats favors open borders. That's the junk they get from the right wing hate merchants and Fake and Racist Faux News. The Bottom line is that the House will not give Trump a Dime to build his border wall and i hope the government shutdown continues and see the party that will be blamed. What about his lies during the campaign about Mexico paying for the damn wall ?.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:

Well i see your point, it is the sense of security not actual security itself, because truth be told, you can't predetermine anybody's intentions until they act on it, and for the truly criminal, they'd only go through official borders if their disguises can withstand scrutiny or they'd smuggle themselves or their products through alternative routes as has always been the case.
If crime of certain forms is to be reduced e.g drug trafficking, then the demand for such drugs has to be reduced first by working towards making the US the country it should be with all its resources, the US lags behind on many development indices as compared to other developed nations and this is due to a popular notion that certain things considered fundamental rights in other countries are priviledges you can only acquire to certain extents your financial muscle can tolerate, i might be wrong, but i don't think there's that much of a drugs, crime and gun problem in Scandinavian countries as there are in the US

While your door cannot prevent 100% of crimes, but you still won't leave your door open for everyone to enter.
While one of your trusted friends might enter with your permission and still hurt you, Still doesn't stop you from vetting everyone coming in

To battle drugs you have to work both sides demand and supply, You for example will not raise your teenage kids in an environment where they sell drugs just because you have trained them to avoid drugs. Just like a Reverend father who wants to stay holy wont go to a strip joint and claim the holy spirit is sufficient

The US is still the desired destination by many immigrants, one of the most prosperous countries in the world

And regarding the Scandinavian example, Do you have any of them sharing a border with a 3rd world nation?

Try and put a 3rd world country where half of the country is controlled by cartels beside Sweden or any Scandinavian country geographically with easy border access and unguarded borders aka open borders and lets see the stats of guns, drug use and crime after 1 decade

South of the USA you have many countries that are practically lawless.

if you happen to be neighbors with a house where there are no laws, guns, drugs crime are free for all, And you cannot relocate. Will you like to raise a strong barrier and vet people who come in from that house or you will just practice open borders since you will train your children to avoid them?

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2019
Priceless how a Trump talking head is going on and on about fighting drug, when a rock of adderall fell off Trump nostril on national TV. It's the upside down in the Trump universe, when will y'all losers talk about your appalachian crowd slumping on heroine, elephant tranquilizers and horse anesthesia.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

While your door cannot prevent 100% of crimes, but you still won't leave your door open for everyone to enter.
While one of your trusted friends might enter with your permission and still hurt you, Still doesn't stop you from vetting everyone coming in

To battle drugs you have to work both sides demand and supply, You for example will not raise your teenage kids in an environment where they sell drugs just because you have trained them to avoid drugs. Just like a Reverend father who wants to stay holy wont go to a strip joint and claim the holy spirit is sufficient

The US is still the desired destination by many immigrants, one of the most prosperous countries in the world

And regarding the Scandinavian example, Do you have any of them sharing a border with a 3rd world nation?

Try and put a 3rd world country where half of the country is controlled by cartels beside Sweden or any Scandinavian country geographically with easy border access and unguarded borders aka open borders and lets see the stats of guns, drug use and crime after 1 decade

South of the USA you have many countries that are practically lawless.

if you happen to be neighbors with a house where there are no laws, guns, drugs crime are free for all, And you cannot relocate. Will you like to raise a strong barrier and vet people who come in from that house or you will just practice open borders since you will train your children to avoid them?
you have a very good point on Scandinavian countries not sharing a common border with a third world country rife with cartels but you still miss my point on the borders issue, you indoors only see your door as the point of entry into your house, me outdoors i see the open windows, the unprotected ceiling, the weak and/or low fence, the ease of boring through the ground under your fence, your baring your door does not in reality provide you security from me, it just gives you a false sense of security, and also you're right, the drug war has to be fought on both ends, the US has been fighting the supply end for decades, how successful has that been?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:

Blah blah blah state it here simple, I did, i didn't ask you to go research me, I'm as interested in you as you are in me undecided you pander towards conservatism right? (I stand to be corrected though) how does that play out in your views concerning Nigerian politics? Those are the simple questions i am asking, let us know you're a conservative or whatever else through and through, abroad and at home where your charity begins, that is, if we are still holding on to the premise that we espouse opposing political ideologies
Lol, I don't take orders from you, if you want to know my views on Nigerian politics then you have to go read my views on Nigerian politics threads.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2019
Kophschmerzen:
Priceless how a Trump talking head is going on and on about fighting drug, when a rock of adderall fell off Trump nostril on national TV. It's the upside down in the Trump universe, when will y'all losers talk about your appalachian crowd slumping on heroine, elephant tranquilizers and horse anesthesia.
Another bunch of stupid lies by an ignorant and dishonest liberal

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2019
Anduku:

Lol, I don't take orders from you
, if you want to know my views on Nigerian politics then you have to go read my views on Nigerian politics threads.
Then consider it a polite request then, it shouldn't be that hard, or is it? undecided
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:
you have a very good point on Scandinavian countries not sharing a common border with a third world country rife with cartels but you still miss my point on the borders issue, you indoors only see your door as the point of entry into your house, me outdoors i see the open windows, the unprotected ceiling, the weak and/or low fence, the ease of boring through the ground under your fence, your baring your door does not in reality provide you security from me, it just gives you a false sense of security, and also you're right, the drug war has to be fought on both ends, the US has been fighting the supply end for decades, how successful has that been?

I call bullshit!!!! Europe suffer the direct consequences of US useless foreign war in the middle east plus Africans strapping on dinges and crossing the Mediterranean Sea to Europe. When Europe was taking refugees in millions in 2016, we took in lesser than 10,000 with very hard background check and procedures.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
Anduku:

Hey you slowpoke, it's all over youtube and Rick Wilson even made a meme of the video on his TL, where do they breed y'all ignorant doorknobs??
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
Anduku:

Well, grin you know me, this is a juicy anti-trump item worth wanking of, let me check its authenticity before coming back to gloat cheesy
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:
Like I said before, the open border noise is from the racists losing their sanity over nothing. No Democrat of note roots for Open border. One thing you have to know about the Republicons is that they always look for a wedge issue because they are losing. It's easy for Trump to hire illegal aliens to work on his projects including Mara Lago. What the Republicons should pay attention to is tens of thousands of people coming to America daily on tourist visas and overstating their visas. That's the main problem there but the noise about open borders is their way of diverting attention away from their worthless leader who is losing his sanity everyday because the New Sheriff ain't gonna give him any pass to just do whatever he was doing before. Check and Balances at last in our government and that's what they are scared of.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:

You have seen some of your liberal losers here trying to divert the argument into insults, What do you think? Dont you think most liberals on here lack the ability to make a coherent argument and probably dont have a firm grasp on the policies they claim to defend? Rather they are always resorting to violence and chaos.

Regarding security you can only do whats in your ability you dont bother yourself with what is out of your control
Security in many cases is reactive, its only when a damage is done before you block it to avoid further damages. Securing the border is one step which this administration thinks will secure the country, what is your side proposing to secure the country especally at the border or are you saying there are no risks from unsecured borders?

On the demand side of it, There are several rehabs and drug education, From Reagan till now every govt have been battling with demand for drugs which is why there is a penalty for drug use, which is why most jobs conduct drug tests,

So you cannot say the govt hasnt been working on the demand aspect, How about they also address the supply aspect?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by BraniacX(m): 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2019
Kophschmerzen:

I call bullshit!!!! Europe suffer the direct consequences of US useless foreign war in the middle east plus Africans strapping on dinges and crossing the Mediterranean Sea to Europe. When Europe was taking refugees in millions in 2016, we took in lesser than 10,000 with very hard background check and procedures.
Nah, the discussion isn't about human migration per se, it is about closed borders having any effect whatsoever on organized trans border crime
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
Anduku:

Dont feed the troll,

When they do not have the mental ability to make their arguments they seek to disrupt it, Just like the antiFA movement that blocks speakers in Berkely and other liberal stronghold

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2019
Can you believe the Uncle Tom talking about violence and insults. Who is insulting anyone here or preaching violence. People that supports a sociopathic lying 72 year old racist that's running a country of diversity to the ground over nothing. Once you counter their garbage, they automatically start wetting their mouth by saying you are insulting them and now violence is their new mantra. It's sad to be an unrepentant Uncle Tom.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX are you still there? If you are interested in the argument you can make your case

A question, why are your fellow liberals hell-bent on derailing? Is it because they have no point? or are too clueless to make a coherent argument for their positions?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2019
BraniacX:

Nah, the discussion isn't about human migration per se, it is about closed borders having any effect whatsoever on organized trans border crime

The right wing numb jobs in this country have been going hysteric about open borders, crime and all brainless talking points. But the truth is that, more drugs are pouring into the country from the sea and airport, folks are even barrowing tunnels to move the drugs. So all the border bullshit are hogwash, plus the fact that the movement through the south border have even fallen drastically. The right wing brain-dead ain't gonna tell you about millions of Europeans living illegally in this country through visa overstay. The migration noise is all about the fact that black and brown folks are outbreeding them, and they fear for the consequences of been the minority race in this country. You can google Buchanan browning of America to understand this well funded right wing misinformation.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
A proud Liberal/Progressive and a card carrying one too from Chicago. I rather be a party of the people than a party headed by a White Nationalist. At least I know I do not carry water for the Klans like Trump, David Duke and the other Storm Troopers shouting Whose Land, Our Land all over Charlottesville with their Tiki Torches. America has crossed the Rubicon and there's no going back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (4165) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: IjeBos(m), ijebosb and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.