Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? (42849 Views)

GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned / Have You Seen A Nigerian Elephant?Nigeria Abandoned tourism potential / Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by VehicleUnit: 3:08pm On May 19, 2018
we really need to rejuvenate the Nigerian infrastructures; the seaports and other National own infrastrustures, it will help our economy.

Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by aribisala0(m): 4:20pm On May 19, 2018
sangresan:

I wonder what the illiterates will be saying, if seemingly educated folks could utter falsehoods like this...

Tell us when Yorubas were ever in the control of the economy of this country at govt level...Mention one regime whether during the military era or during the current civilian dispensation...The truth is that many of you often repeat what you heard ,probably from stark illiterates, without any attempt at interrogating the notions...

The military messed up Nigeria and their civilian counterparts are doing so all over again...It's never a Yoruba vs Igbo thing. Yorubas will never envy the SS or SE.

It is the same kind of idiots that say their rich brother has used their luck and that is why they are poor

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On May 19, 2018
aribisala0:

It is the same kind of idiots that say their rich brother has used their luck and that is why they are poor
I have heard this loads of times as well, I laugh always ahahahah

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by aribisala0(m): 4:59pm On May 19, 2018
erico2k2:

I have heard this loads of times as well, I laugh always ahahahah

Lagos has used Onitsha's destiny and luck

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by erico2k2(m): 5:02pm On May 19, 2018
aribisala0:

Lagos has used Onitsha's destiny and luck
plz dnt kill me with laugh ahah Lagos has the monopoly of using other people's luck ahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by kernel507: 8:52pm On May 19, 2018
computer0810:
bcoz militant will take advantage of it and we all know lagos is home for all.....yoruba's are very accommodating

They allowed there oil to be shared to others, yet you accuse them of taking advantage of seaport, shame.
Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by OfficialRasheed: 7:31am On May 20, 2018
aribisala0:

The biggest importers are not Aba based businessmenn or businesses that import on or two containers.They are big companies like Nigerian Breweries ,Coca Cola,
Flour Mills ,Dangote,Guinness and so on most of which are based in Lagos.

The reality of the ports is simply one of demand and supply.

Why did the British abandonCalabar Port long before independence? were they part of a conspiracy too?

The truth is Lagos is vry cheapto maintain and there was no incentive too do otherwise.

The other thing is despite her image oil rich. Nigeria wasbroke throughout the 80s and 90s and there was no money for any investment ininfraastructure.

Theonly time there was a windfall theyput the money in Abuja

There was no investment in power, in rail or roads and there was no investment in the port in Lagos or surrounding infrastructure fromthe 80s

Let us not pretend that it was only in the ports that there was no investment

The only investment in Lagos since 1981 in Lagos was the completion of 3rd mainland bridge which was already completed up tlll Yaba

We are talking more than 20 years with oilunder $30 and Nigeria struggling to payher debt.

The whole country was neglected.

Everything we see at the Lagos Port was there in the 70s.

If indeed there was such a conspiracy then another port would have been built at Lekki or Badagry long time ago .

but the moment they decided they were goingto Abuja Lagos was abandoned andnothing new built

Nigerian breweries has it's most important brewery in Enugu, it also has breweries in Aba and Owerri, Coca cola has plants in Owerri, Enugu and Portharcourt.
So whatis your point again?
Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by Etianwanokon: 7:44am On May 20, 2018
Good question. Some wicked and tribalistic idiotic people are the cause
Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by aribisala0(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2018
OfficialRasheed:
Nigerian breweries has it's most important brewery in Enugu, it also has breweries in Aba and Owerri, Coca cola has plants in Owerri, Enugu and Portharcourt.
So whatis your point again?

Oh my point was TO WHOM ITMAY CONCERN(intelligent folks not idiots)

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? by essenceplus: 4:23pm On May 07, 2019
E2power3:
The reason is simply suicidal Nigerian politics and destructive economic gangsterism in Nigeria.

After the civil war, FGN led by by the North blocked the use of the ports located in the South South through their control of FG. The best they have done after that was to declare those as exclusively for oil and gas.

On the economic side, my Yorubas want all to pass through the only ports in South West so as not to lose the economic advantage of Lagos being both the gateway to Nigerian economy through the ports and economic capital of the country.

Now, this dirty politics and genocidal economic display is out in the public domain for all to know.

Nigerians are free to visit those other ports to see things for themselves (as I did myself while investigating this) so as to be armed with ready answers for those who will come up with all sorts of rubbish as the reason.

I like to sit over a drink and discuss your findsings on this to put it side by side against my eresearch and other developmental issues. Can we meet? That's if you're in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? / Train Cuts Off Woman's Leg At Urrata, Aba, Abia State (graphic Picture) / Car Falls Off A Bridge In Ibadan, Lands On A Commercial Bus (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.