Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,216 members, 7,953,801 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness (612 Views)

Proof To Jehovah Witnesses That Jesus Is Jehovah. / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by spearszed: 7:24pm On May 17, 2018
I lived with a member of Jehovah’s Witness once. I must say, she was ordinary, or maybe should I say, “normal”, or more like “ideal”. We lived together with other young girls. Whenever we wanted to be “social”, we always excluded her because we thought she would not want to participate in “that kind of thing”. One day, she called us to “order” and told us squarely to always ask her first if she was interested in any activity we wanted to engage in before excluding her.

That worked out fine.

In little time, we stopped asking. As we saw that she was almost just like us. We saw that our moral standards were not so different after all. I don’t know if it’s that we too had good morals or that she had chosen to live below “their” own standard. I’m really not sure.

I have more Jehovah Witnesses as friends now. I did not know most of them were “Witnesses” before we kicked off very normal relationships. I have a few of them as neighbors, and we even have a Worship Center in my neighborhood.

Somehow, some of us grew up with this perception that Jehovah Witnesses are a different kind of people. Not in a bad way, or in a better way. We just saw them as distinct from other people, or from other Christians to be precise.

While growing up, we all knew them. They were the people who walked up to every door in the neighborhood to teach us about God. They shared their own ways, and allowed you to argue about yours. They always went around in groups, mixed up like a family setting; man woman, youth and children. There is this sheer humility you see in them. It’s as if the humility comes upon them once they set out to evangelize, because we know some of them before and after they assumed the Evangelist persona. They always spoke calmly and were never imposing in their discussion.

One remarkable thing about them was that they always left behind a pamphlet before they leave. You see, some people used to run at their sight, but their pamphlets were hard to pass up. That was the catch for most of us.

I remember one of the pamphlets was called “Watch Tower”.
Before the proliferation of the internet, Watch Tower was a source of assorted information that you cannot find anywhere within your radius. It contained information and knowledge that was not taught in the classroom and we would hardly find in the books within your reach. The pamphlet was versatile in its discussion and content. It contained inspiring stories of people from different parts of the world, primitive and sophisticated lifestyles from other cultures, biographies and autobiographies of great people in history, stories of people who survived wars, feminine. It broke down Science, Technology, Biology in a way everyone would understand it. It shone light on the plant and animal kingdom, the simplicity in their complexity.

In all these, Watch Tower always attributed the ingenuity of the creations, success, survival, inspiration to God Almighty.
I consider that beautiful, very beautiful.

It shows the omniscience of God. It teaches us about a God who is more than merciful and kind, a God whose knowledge is awe-inspiring. A God who is knowledge personified.
An awakening such as this would set you on a quest to seek and find knowledge, to know it and to apply it. That would make you search out God as more than a supreme being who can make you rich and take away all you sorrows.

With the level of chaos in religion and the bastardization of Christianity in our world today, sometimes I wonder how God wants us to worship him and serve him. I don’t know, but I must say, the ways of the Witnesses are quite impressive.

Sadly, I haven’t seen them evangelize for sometime now.

Maybe I haven’t been looking ( but we hardly needed to look then, they came to us). I don’t know. Maybe my locality has been “covered”, or maybe their evangelism has gone digital, abandoning terrestrial coverage completely. But I refuse to remotely entertain the question of whether the mantle was passed on to the younger generation.

Peace be upon you all.

Visit www.ezinnearua.com for more.
Follow Handler: Arua Ezinne @SpearsZed
Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by Germandude: 8:05pm On May 17, 2018
Thanks for your analytical view of the witnesses. Really,it depends on your work schedule because the preaching of witnesses usually begin by 9 and ends according to individual schedule. Most times by 12 or 11 we stop going from house to house discussion and engage in return visit, that is looking for the people who showed interest in the house to house.they are still very active. And please visit JW.ORG for more information.

2 Likes

Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by Primesky(m): 11:20pm On May 17, 2018
spearszed:
I lived with a member of Jehovah’s Witness once. I must say, she was ordinary, or maybe should I say, “normal”, or more like “ideal”. We lived together with other young girls. Whenever we wanted to be “social”, we always excluded her because we thought she would not want to participate in “that kind of thing”. One day, she called us to “order” and told us squarely to always ask her first if she was interested in any activity we wanted to engage in before excluding her.

That worked out fine.

In little time, we stopped asking. As we saw that she was almost just like us. We saw that our moral standards were not so different after all. I don’t know if it’s that we too had good morals or that she had chosen to live below “their” own standard. I’m really not sure.

I have more Jehovah Witnesses as friends now. I did not know most of them were “Witnesses” before we kicked off very normal relationships. I have a few of them as neighbors, and we even have a Worship Center in my neighborhood.

Somehow, some of us grew up with this perception that Jehovah Witnesses are a different kind of people. Not in a bad way, or in a better way. We just saw them as distinct from other people, or from other Christians to be precise.

While growing up, we all knew them. They were the people who walked up to every door in the neighborhood to teach us about God. They shared their own ways, and allowed you to argue about yours. They always went around in groups, mixed up like a family setting; man woman, youth and children. There is this sheer humility you see in them. It’s as if the humility comes upon them once they set out to evangelize, because we know some of them before and after they assumed the Evangelist persona. They always spoke calmly and were never imposing in their discussion.

One remarkable thing about them was that they always left behind a pamphlet before they leave. You see, some people used to run at their sight, but their pamphlets were hard to pass up. That was the catch for most of us.

Before the proliferation of the internet, Watch Tower was a source of assorted information that you cannot find anywhere within your radius. It contained information and knowledge that was not taught in the classroom and we would hardly find in the books within your reach. The pamphlet was versatile in its discussion and content. It contained inspiring stories of people from different parts of the world, primitive and sophisticated lifestyles from other cultures, biographies and autobiographies of great people in history, stories of people who survived wars, feminine. It broke down Science, Technology, Biology in a way everyone would understand it. It shone light on the plant and animal kingdom, the simplicity in their complexity.

In all these, Watch Tower always attributed the ingenuity of the creations, success, survival, inspiration to God Almighty.

It shows the omniscience of God. It teaches us about a God who is more than merciful and kind, a God whose knowledge is awe-inspiring. A God who is knowledge personified.
An awakening such as this would set you on a quest to seek and find knowledge, to know it and to apply it. That would make you search out God as more than a supreme being who can make you rich and take away all you sorrows.

With the level of chaos in religion and the bastardization of Christianity in our world today, sometimes I wonder how God wants us to worship him and serve him. I don’t know, but I must say, the ways of the Witnesses are quite impressive.

Maybe I haven’t been looking ( but we hardly needed to look then, they came to us). I don’t know. Maybe my locality has been “covered”, or maybe their evangelism has gone digital, abandoning terrestrial coverage completely. But I refuse to remotely entertain the question of whether the mantle was passed on to the younger generation.

Peace be upon you all.

Not all that glitters is gold.

Please, who is Jesus Christ?.

Who is the Holy Spirit?.

What is the final destination of souls - (good and bad)?

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by Primesky(m): 11:22pm On May 17, 2018
spearszed:

That worked out fine.

Peace be upon you all.

@Germandude

Who is the Holy Spirit?.

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by Germandude: 11:24am On May 18, 2018
Primesky:

@Germandude

Who is the Holy Spirit?.

why do you say not all that glitters are gold
Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by OneJ: 1:00pm On May 18, 2018
Primesky:

Who is the Holy Spirit?.

Jesus is the only begotten son of God. John3:16. John20:30,31. Matt16:13-17.
Holy spirit is God's power Acts1:8. Acts4:31. Your 3rd Question : Gen2:7,. 3:19. Ps104:29. Eccl9:5,10....
Armageddon : Rev16:14-16. 2Thes1:7-9
the resurrection Acts24:15. John 5:28,29. John 11:23,24.
Eternal life: Ps37:11,29,34. Matt5:5.
Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by haywizzy007(m): 9:46pm On May 18, 2018
OP, i love your writer up, it is quite impressive
Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by JusticeSeeker: 8:17am On May 19, 2018
@OP, you need the merciful touch of Jesus of Nazareth if you're a Christian and are missing an adulterated gospel of satanic agents who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses but are not.

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by OneJ: 12:42am On May 20, 2018
JusticeSeeker:
@OP, you need the merciful touch of Jesus of Nazareth if you're a Christian and are missing an adulterated gospel of satanic agents who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses but are not.
@JusticeSeeker: What message do u have to share with the OP other than the fables of pastorpreneurs? U who claims to know Jesus , what message did Jesus preach when he was here on earth?
Re: The Gospel Of Christ According To Jehovah's Witness by mployer(m): 4:53am On May 20, 2018
JusticeSeeker:

They are real Satanic agents.

A sect that doesn't celebrate the birth of Jesus, doesnt celebrate His resurrection but celebrates his death.

Both birth and resurrection of Jesus are acts of God, but his death is an act of the devil. This shows who has the loyalty of the so-called Jehova witnesses.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Admiration For Laziness, Stupidity, Irresponsibility In Nigeria / God Will Not Force You To Change Your Choice. It is Your Personal Decision / How To Get Pregnant. Deuteronomy 23:2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.