Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 (1707 Views)

Help Me Choose Between Venza, Camry And BMW / Please Where Can I Buy OEM Timing Belt For 2001 Camry In Abuja / Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by NembeBoy: 11:21pm On May 17, 2018
Plz i wud appreciate motor gurus to assist me in making de choice of choosing btw 2001 camry and 2002 lexus RX 300 putting into consideration cost of maintainance, fuelling, cost of parts and also which of dem is prone to having either mechanical or electrical issues. Which of dem has beta cooling AC
Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:42pm On May 17, 2018
That's...quite the varied option.

2 Likes

Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by Tunex90: 12:59am On May 18, 2018
NembeBoy:
Plz i wud appreciate motor gurus to assist me in making de choice of choosing btw 2001 camry and 2002 lexus RX 300 putting into consideration cost of maintainance, fuelling, cost of parts and also which of dem is prone to having either mechanical or electrical issues. Which of dem has beta cooling AC

If you've ever moved closer to both cars you'll notice some similarities, the Lexus has two types of steering, one looks like the Camry's while the other one is the facelifted type, their instrumental panels also look alike (where you check your fuel gage and speedmeter) the rx is often compared with highlander while the Camry is often compared with the Lexus es300 1997-2001, people often prefer the rx to the highlander because when you drive the rx you feel like driving an SUV and at same time like a car but the highlander you feel like driving an off roader or (pickup truck) just like it's brother 4runner, I'm not telling story here, just wanna explain better, so you choose the rx if you feel like driving an SUV and at same time a car and if you would often need to carry loads cos it has more cargo space than the Camry and drives better on bad road conditions cos it has AWD.You choose the Camry if you just wanna have only the car feeling and if you don't need to carry much cargo, and it has only 2WD. The Camry is equipped with two types of engine, 2.2 i4, 4 plugs or 3.0 v6, 6plugs, while the rx has only 3.0 v6 engine, don't be confused, they share the same v6 engine, both cars have good AC if you buy them tokunbo not Naija used and depends on how you use it because AC is a very fragile component, you could also choose the v6 if you choose Camry only if you prefer going on higher speed i4 also moves but v6 engines moves faster, though consumes a little more fuel, not as much as people think, the rx need more maintenance because it's a crossover SUV, 4WD so you'll have to service more parts, any car could develop mechanical or electrical issues, my advice about mentainanace is that it depends on usage, I mean how carefully you drive any of the cars, hope this helps!

4 Likes

Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by Nobody: 1:08am On May 18, 2018
You're comparing two boring pedestrian vehicles, one a sedan and the other a CUV.

If I had to be forced to choose one then it will be the RX. At least you can justify your purchase as being due to the ground clearance.

5 Likes

Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by elshanAutos: 7:00am On May 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:
You're comparing two boring pedestrian vehicles, one a sedan and the other a CUV.

If I had to be forced to choose one then it will be the RX. At least you can justify your purchase as being due to the ground clearance.
Lol this is mildly savage grin

6 Likes

Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by diportivo: 8:39am On May 18, 2018
Tunex90:

If you've ever moved closer to both cars you'll notice some similarities, the Lexus has two types of steering, one looks like the Camry's while the other one is the facelifted type, their instrumental panels also look alike (where you check your fuel gage and speedmeter) the rx is often compared with highlander while the Camry is often compared with the Lexus es300 1997-2001, people often prefer the rx to the highlander because when you drive the rx you feel like driving an SUV and at same time like a car but the highlander you feel like driving an off roader or (pickup truck) just like it's brother 4runner, I'm not telling story here, just wanna explain better, so you choose the rx if you feel like driving an SUV and at same time a car and if you would often need to carry loads cos it has more cargo space than the Camry and drives better on bad road conditions cos it has AWD.You choose the Camry if you just wanna have only the car feeling and if you don't need to carry much cargo, and it has only 2WD. The Camry is equipped with two types of engine, 2.2 i4, 4 plugs or 3.0 v6, 6plugs, while the rx has only 3.0 v6 engine, don't be confused, they share the same v6 engine, both cars have good AC if you buy them tokunbo not Naija used and depends on how you use it because AC is a very fragile component, you could also choose the v6 if you choose Camry only if you prefer going on higher speed i4 also moves but v6 engines moves faster, though consumes a little more fuel, not as much as people think, the rx need more maintenance because it's a crossover SUV, 4WD so you'll have to service more parts, any car could develop mechanical or electrical issues, my advice about mentainanace is that it depends on usage, I mean how carefully you drive any of the cars, hope this helps!

all I'm reading is the transmission transmission,sorry,trans.....

3 Likes

Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:54pm On May 18, 2018
diportivo:

meme Nyukkaaaaaa
Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by CoolOg: 8:44pm On May 18, 2018
Oga it's not a must you comment. He just did a good job.
diportivo:

2 Likes

Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by diportivo: 9:59pm On May 18, 2018
CoolOg:

funny thing is,the bolded applies to u grin
Re: Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:04pm On May 18, 2018
CoolOg:

calm down pally

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Know A Good Car Engine / #2 Million For 2009 Toyota Corolla To Be Used For Uber Business. I Need Advise / Which Consumes More Petrol: Windows Down Vs Air-conditioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.