Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,053 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! (1308 Views)

Mbu Deployed As AIG In charge Of Lagos, Ogun States / Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary / Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by buffox: 11:56pm On May 24, 2010
http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6135-police-service-commission-reinstates-nuhu-ribadu.html

Police Service Commission reinstates Nuhu Ribadu

The Police Service Commission has reinstated Nuhu Ribadu, the former boss of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to the Nigeria Police Force, with his rank of Assistant Inspector-General. The reinstatement takes effect from December 2008 when he was kicked out of the police by a panel chaired by the current IGP, Ogbonnaya Onovo. Saharareporters has not been able to speak to Mr. Ribadu, who is traveling in California, United States, but Mr. Femi Falana, his lawyer, confirmed the story and denied that Ribadu ever wrote an apology letter to the PSC.

On the basis of these developments, it is expected that Mr. Ribadu, who had filed two lawsuits against the Police Service Commission and the Inspector-General, will withdraw those cases from court.

Analysts say they expect Mr. Ribadu to formally resign from the Police Force.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by OAM4J: 1:45am On May 25, 2010
I reserve my comment till I read from another source.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by buffox: 1:49am On May 25, 2010
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/5873-nuhu-ribadu-reinstated-retired-its-a-good-gesture-bayo-ojo-compulsory-retirement-illegal-tunji-abayomi

[size=13pt]Nuhu Ribadu reinstated, retired •It’s a good gesture –Bayo Ojo •Compulsory retirement, illegal –Tunji Abayomi[/size]

FORMER chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, was on Monday reinstated by the Police Service Commission as directed by the president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, recently.

He was reinstated in the Nigeria Police from which he was dismissed in 2008.

Information available to the Nigerian Tribune revealed that the Commission also coverted his dismissal to retirement as an Assistant Inspector General of Police.

A source who attended the meeting of the Commission on Monday confirmed the reinstatement of the former EFCC chairman. Nigerian Tribune also gathered that the retirement took effect from December 22, 2008.

It will be recalled that the Police Service Commission, headed by Parry Osanyande, took the decision after a marathon meeting of the commission in December 2008.

After the dismissal, a statement signed by police spokesman, Akpoebi Agberebi, confirmed Ribadu’s sack on allegations of indiscipline, insubordination and absence from duty.

Ribadu was one of the six police officers nominated and sent on senior executive course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, (NIPSS), Kuru, Jos.

While he was in Kuru, he was demoted to the rank of Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) along with 139 officers, who were allegedly wrongfully promoted.

Ribadu, who did not accept his demotion, was said to have found it difficult to wear his rank of DCP.

A charge of misconduct was made against him, such as improper dressing when he appeared before the president on November 13, with other NIPSS participants, in plain clothes, where others were properly dressed.

The police authorities also felt unhappy with him, instituting legal proceedings against the Inspector-General of Police and the Police Service Commission at a federal high court in Lagos, without proper authority from government.

Former Attorney-General and Nigerian Bar Association boss, Chief Bayo Ojo, commenting on the report, said it was a good gesture by the Federal Government.

Constitutional lawyer, Dr Tunji Abayomi, described the retirement as illegal, adding that “compulsory retirement is illegal under the law.”
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by buffox: 1:49am On May 25, 2010
comment now o, grin
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Nobody: 1:57am On May 25, 2010
Who is this bayo ojo and tunji abayomi and wetin concern them for this matter?

na only them dey nigeria?

let obj be the one commenting- after all he was his boss.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by OAM4J: 2:12am On May 25, 2010
I support the reinstatement but am not happy with his forced retirement.

We all know that his demotion and removal from EFCC chair was politically motivated, I suspect it was the handiwork of Ibori.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by nethacker(m): 2:59am On May 25, 2010
OAM4J:

We all know that his demotion and removal from EFCC chair was politically motivated, I suspect it was the handiwork of Ibori.

u r very correct, i said it but some pple will say it is BAD.
Ibori n the dead orchestrated these things and we all knw it
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by yemmight(m): 9:21am On May 25, 2010
Retirement at what age?
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Kennyblues(m): 9:38am On May 25, 2010
Mr. Ribadu, you are man come rain come shine, I appreciate your relentless effort and sagacity; I know you will always come out on top. Shame on you player haters and beware, the fear of Ribadu is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by safeact(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2010
OAM4J:

Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by BluMalam(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2010
_Commendable, but for the retirement part. See how the tables turn, wheres ibori, wheres ribadu. Can't wait to know what position he will be offered. Ribadu has a bright future in Nigerian Leadership_
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Afam(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2010
Why retire him? Glad he was reinstated though.

If he never wrote any apology letter why did the media carry such story?

It seems the media is the greatest problem we have in this country and not the corrupt politicians.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Topsido(m): 10:28am On May 25, 2010
I love Ribadu!
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Nobody: 10:48am On May 25, 2010
God Pass them
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Nobody: 10:57am On May 25, 2010
hahahaha! ( I'll keep on lafyn each time we have these type of "breaking news"wink.

We shall continue to have them, as long as we refuse to address the issue of this fradulent structure called Nigeria.

The problem is not Ribadu, its beyond Ribadu and beyond the police.

Our fraudulent system empowered OBJ to use Ribadu to do his personal biddings.

Our fraudulent system empowered the likes of Ibori to influence the persecutaion of Ribadu.

Our fruadulent system has now seen Ribadu suddenly restored to the force and to the rank.

Was Alamesiegha more corrupt than Ibori? Was Joshua Dariye more corrupt than Odili?  Even Ngige was invited by the EFFC, yet no body has invited OBJ.

Ibori is now on the burner because he has lost out of "favour", yet the corrupt are waxing stronger by the day.

Tomorrow, if the President that will emerge loves to see Ribadu fried; our fraudulent system will permit him to do so. Ribadu might be "re-dismissed" with an excuse that his restoration did not follow "due process".

Its not about the rule of law, its about who is in charge. The one in-charge dictates the tune and not the law. Perhaps, if the likes of OBJ is still in charge, the likes of Peter Obi would never had got a second term.

Am I excited? NO!. For behold, one far worse than the dictator OBJ might emerge and we all shall continue to the backward journey.

Nigeria is not working: Let us come together and renegotaite the whole thing.

There are thieves in the banks, but the structure makes it hard for them to steal. And if I may borrow from Obama, "we dont need strong me, we need strong institutions".
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Afam(m): 11:05am On May 25, 2010
noblezone:

hahahaha! ( I'll keep on lafyn each time we have these type of "breaking news"wink.

We shall continue to have them, as long as we refuse to address the issue of this fradulent structure called Nigeria.

The problem is not Ribadu, its beyond Ribadu and beyond the police.

Our fraudulent system empowered OBJ to use Ribadu to do his personal biddings.

Our fraudulent system empowered the likes of Ibori to influence the persecutaion of Ribadu.

Our fruadulent system has now seen Ribadu suddenly restored to the force and to the rank.

Was Alamesiegha more corrupt than Ibori? Was Joshua Dariye more corrupt than Odili?  Even Ngige was invited by the EFFC, yet no body has invited OBJ.

Ibori is now on the burner because he has lost out of "favour", yet the corrupt are waxing stronger by the day.

Tomorrow, if the President that will emerge loves to see Ribadu fried; our fraudulent system will permit him to do so. Ribadu might be "re-dismissed" with an excuse that his restoration did not follow "due process".

Its not about the rule of law, its about who is in charge. The one in-charge dictates the tune and not the law. Perhaps, if the likes of OBJ is still in charge, the likes of Peter Obi would never had got a second term.

Am I excited? NO!. For behold, one far worse than the dictator OBJ might emerge and we all shall continue to the backward journey.

Nigeria is not working: Let us come together and renegotaite the whole thing.

There are thieves in the banks, but the structure makes it hard for them to steal. And if I may borrow from Obama, "we dont need strong me, we need strong institutions".

I agree with the above.

In the interim, that is until we are ready to renegotiate we will support what makes the most sense as we cannot grind the nation to a halt just because we have not sat down to negotiate.

And yes, even in the developed nations the person in charge to a very large extent determines the policy direction of the nation so Nigeria is not really an exception.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by wirinet(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2010
What about the other police officers that were demoted also and agreed to take their demotion in good faith, are they going to be reinstated to their former ranks also? or they are to be to be punished for being too obedient.

what about the charges of insubordination against the the Nigerian police, are the police telling us that the charges against Ribadu were lies? if so the police owe Ribadu and the Nigerian masses a public apology for wasting our time and resources.

I hope Ribadu is not being prepared to be used for the 2011 elections, the way he was used for the 2007 elections, because the speed at which his case is being handled is incredible.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Depilot(m): 3:54pm On May 25, 2010
Another terrible situation that was not properly approached. What happen to finding out what occured, why it occured and what can be done to prevent it from happening again.
Sick country and sick leaders leading sick people, what a very interesting combo.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by Depilot(m): 3:58pm On May 25, 2010
I love Ribadu, but this is another move that shows our country as a senseless spot on a lovely planet. Weak constitution, foolish leaders leading silly citizens.
The president, senators, ministers, governors and Ribadu are all problems from the same root that we do not need. They can all die and go straight to hell.

I'm not impressed at-all.
Re: Ribadu Reinstated As Aig! by philip0906(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2010
Depilot:

I love Ribadu, but this is another move that shows our country as a senseless spot on a lovely planet. Weak constitution, foolish leaders leading silly citizens.
The president, senators, ministers, governors and Ribadu are all problems from the same root that we do not need. They can all die and go straight to hell.

I'm not impressed at-all.
who'll kill them? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Northerners Flee South East Southsouth En Masse / Some Funny Pictures Of Gej, And Others After Subsidy Removal / Multiple Explosions In Kano, As People Scamper For Safety.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.