Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! (28316 Views)

Photos From Fiona Amuzie's White Wedding / Photos From The Traditional Wedding Of Fiona Amuzie / Fiona Amuzie Graduates From UK University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by makajibbz(m): 12:22pm On May 27, 2010
franctony:

why didnt u ask them to go for the audition.
i think datz wat u'll do, then we'll share d prize money
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by xlfemzy(m): 12:34pm On May 27, 2010
all lies why is it that IGBO gals jst full the contents? b4 all this chicks nd babes win any post,ment dey done do something with their manager.more over dis days dey pay 4 dis position or use what dey ve 2 get what dey want.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by franctony(m): 12:42pm On May 27, 2010
makajibbz:

.i think datz wat u'll do, then we'll share d prize money
but am ok with the winner
xlfemzy:

all lies why is it that IGBO gals jst full the contents? b4 all this chicks nd babes win any post,ment dey done do something with their manager.more over dis days dey pay 4 dis position or use what dey ve 2 get what dey want.
RUBBISH
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by JagaJaga1: 12:43pm On May 27, 2010
I know this Fiona, she lives in my hood (Kado estate Abuja to be precise). Her elder sister is more prettier than her. There was a day my friends and i went to visit her in her house but on gettin there the mum told us that she is not around while we all knew she is inside her room (we use leg go). The next time we visited we came with a fancy ride, the same mother welcomed us with open hands and didn't mind if we took her out of her house. The girl is pretty but i don't think she is up to 5'7' in height (I'll say she is not an MBGN). The mum is not that wealthy and they live in a single room. I am just happy for her that she won but i also pray she doesn't end up been frustrated like so many other beauty queens.

I wont choose anybody from that contest as MBGN rather i will choose Miss Delta soap (Okagbue)
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by sherbol: 12:58pm On May 27, 2010
@ seun,hw on earth can u say ur fellow human beings r paraded like show animals?
u cant just open ur mouth n say woteva u like here.if u dont no wot 2 say just kip quiet.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by bouymoyo(m): 1:18pm On May 27, 2010
My gudness she looks like an ordinary ,or rather simple girl i don't c anything stunning about her. god help her she might come out 1000th in the miss world proper.thank 4 agbani we are still under her grace at the global level.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by sevule(m): 2:05pm On May 27, 2010
xlfemzy:

You have just succeeded in revealing the true size of your brain with this post. Wasn't MBGN open to all tribes? And if the organizers picked mostly Igbo girls cos obviously they were the most qualified is that a crime?
Thank godness Ben Bruce aint Igbo or people like you would have started saying that he chose his sisters. I daresay most of the finest chics in Nigeria tend to be Igbo so for all of you that are complaining please during the next competition try commot ehn?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by joeycrack: 3:31pm On May 27, 2010
Never understood why girls partake in beauty contests and allow themselves to be objectified. Thought we've stopped living in a patriarchal society. There's no reason why we should still be having beauty pageants in today's world.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by onyengbu1(m): 4:20pm On May 27, 2010
xlfemzy:

Same reason why igbo people come first in many things including bad ones.

by the way, is that all the conclusions you can come up with?
Why is it not, could it be that:
1. Igbo girls are actually prettier?
2. Igbo people are more in population than they are actually being made to be?
3. Igbo people like entering such competitions more than other?
4. such competitions are usually done with girls in urban areas and more igbo people liev in urban areas due to their migratory nature?
5. the ordanisers tilted the results in favor of igbo girls?
6. could it be, could it be , could it be ,could it be . . . . . .

Just do the thinking . . .
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Orikinla(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2010
Poster,
Fantastic report.
Better than any of the reports by Nigerian newspapers.

The winners are simply okay. The beautiful ones shy away from MBGN.

With several winners, Silverbird should have even included Miss. Silverbird Galleria. grin
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by makajibbz(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2010
joeycrack:

Never understood why girls partake in beauty contests and allow themselves to be objectified. Thought we've stopped living in a patriarchal society. There's no reason why we should still be having beauty pageants in today's world.
where are you fom?jupiter?
bouymoyo:

My gudness she looks like an ordinary ,or rather simple girl i don't c anything stunning about her. god help her she might come out 1000th in the miss world proper.thank 4 agbani we are still under her grace at the global level.

true!!!
she's jus like any other girl, i dnt see 10 guyz queuing to talk to her, lol
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Bestglo(f): 5:32pm On May 27, 2010
she's cute, congrats 2 her
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by DayTrader: 6:52pm On May 27, 2010
Yeah, congratulations is in order. And a good job by the organizers
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by AndreUweh(m): 7:04pm On May 27, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Same reason why igbo people come first in many things including bad ones.

by the way, is that all the conclusions you can come up with?
Why is it not, could it be that:
1. Igbo girls are actually prettier?
2. Igbo people are more in population than they are actually being made to be?
3. Igbo people like entering such competitions more than other?
4. such competitions are usually done with girls in urban areas and more igbo people liev in urban areas due to their migratory nature?
5. the ordanisers tilted the results in favor of igbo girls?
6. could it be, could it be , could it be ,could it be . . . . . .

Just do the thinking . . .

You are right.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by DayTrader: 7:09pm On May 27, 2010
That's Nigeria for you even a beauty contest is turned into some tribal fight. Na wah for us cry
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by AndreUweh(m): 7:11pm On May 27, 2010
In West Africa, probably in Africa, it is Igbo girls and others. They were specially created by God. No wonder other groups desire them as girlfriends/wives. May Almighty God be praised for the special talents endowed in Igbo women.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by mamagee3(f): 7:17pm On May 27, 2010
Jaga Jaga:

I know this Fiona, she lives in my hood (Kado estate Abuja to be precise). Her elder sister is more prettier than her. There was a day my friends and i went to visit her in her house but on gettin there the mum told us that she is not around while we all knew she is inside her room (we use leg go). The next time we visited we came with a fancy ride, the same mother welcomed us with open hands and didn't mind if we took her out of her house. The girl is pretty but i don't think she is up to 5'7' in height (I'll say she is not an MBGN). The mum is not that wealthy and they live in a single room. I am just happy for her that she won but i also pray she doesn't end up been frustrated like so many other beauty queens.

I wont choose anybody from that contest as MBGN rather i will choose Miss Delta soap (Okagbue)
You know her? shocked shocked shocked

Is she a nice person?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by jokingmary(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2010
she try
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by dipo2much(m): 10:08pm On May 27, 2010
d belle for that swimsuit dey one kind
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Ndipe(m): 10:52pm On May 27, 2010
davidylan:

that would be because she's not white. I watched the miss USA event a few weeks ago, the contestants had only one thing going for them . . . white skin and mostly blond hair. I couldnt pick anyone of them who was particularly beautiful WITHOUT make-up.

Lets not downgrade this Fiona lady, she IS beautiful.

In my case, I picked Miss Oklahoma USA, I thought she was the finest, and was disappointed that she took the 2nd position. Some bloggers do agree with my pick too.

Among the MBGN contestants, from what I observed, Miss Lagos was the finest!
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 3:57am On May 28, 2010
Trouble with Nigeria:
I observe through this thread the greatest disability of Nigeria.

Ist is that Nigerians are so tribalistic that a simple beauty contest becomes even contentious issue. Some people even want to change the rules and base representation on tribe, some think it should be indigen-ship. It is surprising to think to me that some people on this forum do not think it worthy that a girl who is not indigent to Ekiti state, but was born or live in Ekiti should be able to compete to represent Ekiti state. That is really worrisome!

2nd this trend to change the rule of the game every time we think we are not winning. People here are already formulating new rules for the competition without thinking that it might really work against them in future. And this has been the direction of our national life. Things like the inception of JAMB and its crooked educationally advantaged policy, to the PDP presidential zoning formula. Why can't we adopt a simple idea of let the best win the race. I believe some people in this forum should find out from the so called more beautiful women who did not compete in the MBGN or their "tribal reserve of un-ordinary beauty" why they lacked the courage to turn-up for the competition. The first step to becoming a beauty queen is to enlist, if you do not enlist I see no way you can become the queen.

I also believe it is high time this country defines her citizenship, because a lot of evil is being committed by people in the name of indigence. Kudos to the new MBGN!
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Tuyis: 5:07am On May 28, 2010
KenGali:

Trouble with Nigeria:

Ist is that Nigerians are so tribalistic that a simple beauty contest becomes even contentious issue. Some people even want to change the rules and base representation on tribe, some think it should be indigen-ship. It is surprising to think to me that some people on this forum do not think it worthy that a girl who is not indigent to Ekiti state, but was born or live in Ekiti should be able to compete to represent Ekiti state. That is really worrisome!
2nd this trend to change the rule of the game every time we think we are not winning. People here are already formulating new rules for the competition without thinking that it might really work against them in future. And this has been the direction of our national life. Things like the inception of JAMB and its crooked educationally advantaged policy, to the PDP presidential zoning formula. Why can't we adopt a simple idea of let the best win the race. I believe some people in this forum should find out from the so called more beautiful women who did not compete in the MBGN or their "tribal reserve of un-ordinary beauty" why they lacked the courage to turn-up for the competition. The first step to becoming a beauty queen is to enlist, if you do not enlist I see no way you can become the queen.

I also believe it is high time this country defines her citizenship, because a lot of evil is being committed by people in the name of indigence. Kudos to the new MBGN!

You are taking this way too seriously! It's just a silly beauty contest for goodness sake! You can't even make a light hearted joke anymore, without some patriotism police baring their fangs!
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by favouredjb(f): 11:35am On May 28, 2010
she's ok,not extra ordinary,i saw the show on stv and believe me

apart from miss lacasera,she was the prettiest there.

so she deserves the crown
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Tattooboy: 11:41am On May 28, 2010
Congrats jo!
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by nairaner(m): 11:56am On May 28, 2010
Mrs naira-ner is sure prettier man. If only she had known, she would have entered for it and won. cheesy
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by bouymoyo(m): 3:55pm On May 28, 2010
@ jagajaga even u knew her must u reveal 2 all Nigeria her hidden biography. anyway she as won MBGN she will take care of ur above mentioned points.mr busy body lol
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by makajibbz(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2010
what wrong with naija these days?
none of those girls i saw in the pics are even half of agbani or mbgn 2008
shout out to beautiful girls out there,if u ar beautiful please enlist for this competition,
we need you, lol wink
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by nnaemmy(m): 11:01pm On May 28, 2010
Cheii!!!!!! Boy, we get beautiful things for dis country oo.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 12:45am On May 29, 2010
KenGali:

Trouble with Nigeria:

. . . . sounds like a personal problem, whatever is worrying you.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 1:49am On May 29, 2010
KenGali:

Trouble with Nigeria:

plz keep quiet if common sense eludes you.

the day i see an Ajibike Apeke Morountodun Adebolu representing Imo, Bayelsa or Abia state, i'll call you so we can talk.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by lovethokoh: 11:39am On May 29, 2010
the quest for this type of vanities is making our youths to be failing public exams

WHAT OUR YOUTHS WANT AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING,

1 FACEBOOK,YAHOO and generally browsing on the internet instead of reading their books.

2 ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE and EUROPEAN FOOTBALL LEAGUES, it is easy for an average nigerian teenager to know the names of all chelsea players but the same teenager cannot tell you the square root 25 in arithmetics.

3 DSTV,Home video and african movie magic, watching television and films endlessly.

4 GSM, the average nigerian teenager uses the latest and expensive gsm phones just to show off that they belong,when they are actually nothing.

5 GSM TEXT LANGUAGE, I will not be suprised to see students write words like ur(for YOUR), 2moro( For tomorrow) in their EXAM sheets.

6 QUEST FOR CHEAP FAME AND WEALTH, The goverment,electronic media(tv and radio) and

companies have not been helpful at all.The average nigerian youth especially the girls want to BE

silver Bird's most beautiful Girl and get cheap money and fame(Nobody has remembered all the

previous miss world,but we still remember MOTHER THERESA),they want to win IDOLS WEST

AFRICA, they want to be in NOLLYWOOD, they want to be TWO-FACE,they want to win maltina

street dance ,they want to win starquest and GULDER ULTIMATE SEARCH.

Warning is that wealth gotten by vanity shall DIMINISH.

7 EVER BUSY PARENTS, Parents are always in search for money,business and jobs,they live

home 5am and come back 10pm leaving their children to the care of house helps and teachers in

private schools. THEY have forgotten that out of the 24 hours in a day their children will only spend

8am-2pm(6 hrs) in school and in hands of the teachers the remaining 18hrs is spent in the home

(wether sleep or not).these same ever busy parents can not look into the books of their

teenagers,they don't monitor waht the teenagers watch nor who they associate with.

If you have a contrary view then post it on this forum
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Dede1(m): 5:12pm On May 29, 2010
tpia.:

plz keep quiet if common sense eludes you.

the day i see an Ajibike Apeke Morountodun Adebolu representing Imo, Bayelsa or Abia state, i'll call you so we can talk.

The beauty contest in Nigeria is not limited to Igbo girls alone as the result has shown. I understood that the competition was open to willing contestants irrespective of ethnicity. By every indication, the MBGN Beauty Contest was not tribal contest.

In Abia, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo and Rivers, States, contestants from Yoruba and other ethnicities, including Igbo, competed and unfortunately the Yoruba girls did not impress. It is the same outcome in the states where Igbo girls did not impress. Somebody had to be declared a winner.

By the same token, I understood the contest in states such Kwara, Gombe, Ekiti, Niger and Plateau was also open to all Nigerian beautiful girls and fortunately the Igbo girls carried the day. I guess this MBGN contest is annual event and hope you get ready to compete in Imo State next time around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Yet To Recover From Mother’s Death, I Want My Playful Wife Back” / Flavour And His Daughters, Gabrielle And Sophie Okoli Step Out Together / Rosy Meurer Rocks Sheer Bustier And Black Leather Skirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.