Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! (28306 Views)

Photos From Fiona Amuzie's White Wedding / Photos From The Traditional Wedding Of Fiona Amuzie / Fiona Amuzie Graduates From UK University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:10pm On May 29, 2010
I just watched the show. I think she deserved the crown. Compared to the other contestants she stood out n she was composed while answering her question.

My little observation, there were so many diff winners that I lost count.

What's up with the miss this n that. Naija. .  .Smh.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by chika98: 10:11pm On May 29, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

What's up with the miss this n that. Naija. . .Smh.

Everyone's gotta get something na. Death! That's Nigeria for you Miss
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:15pm On May 29, 2010
Like seriously! They even gave these other runner ups their own crowns. I'm like who's the winner again?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by chika98: 10:17pm On May 29, 2010
I rather have a look at the photos than watch it. LOL@ runner ups getting crowns.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 29, 2010
Miss Nigeria trivia

The only non-Nigerian to win the contest was Camerounian Nene Etule, in 1959. She was deemed eligible to take part as the Southern Cameroons was part of Nigeria in the fifties.

The very first Miss Nigeria to take part in Miss Universe was Enda Park in 1964.[7][8] Three years later, Rosaline Balogun became the first official Miss Nigeria at Miss World.

In 1977, it was discovered that Toyin Monney had not only lied about her age, but also about her secret child. Although she was not dethroned, it led to her downfall as Miss Nigeria; she was not sent to represent her country at Miss World.[9]

In 1985, during the talent stage Barbara Ana, who had won Miss Nigeria Eastern Zone, breeched protocol by preaching against the growing trend of 'Sugardaddies' - wealthy individuals embarking on romantic relationships with considerably younger lovers who, in turn, ascertain monetary funds. In a recent interview, Ana claimed that her outspokeness had cost her the crown.[10]

In 1990, fashion student Binta Sukai became the first Miss Nigeria from a northern state. She attracted a lot of criticism from the public after it was rumoured that she was not really Nigerian. Later it was revealed that she was one-quarter Scottish.[11]

Miss Nigeria 1994 Clara Ojo held the title for four years. No contest was held until 1998.

In 2001, Applied Chemistry student and 2001 first runner-up Amina Ekpo from Akwa Ibom was crowned Miss Nigeria after the reigning queen, former Miss Abuja and one-time Nollywood actress Valerie Ama Peterside was stripped of her title for lying about her age and forging her qualifications. Peterside, who had competed the previous year, fought to keep the crown, but was eventually dethroned.[12]

Following the success of Agbani Darego in Miss World in 2001, Daily Times sued Silverbird Entertainment, claiming that only Miss Nigeria had the right to represent the country at international level and use the name (at international pageant shows, the reigning Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria bears the title "Miss Nigeria"wink.[13]

Bikinis are banned from the live pageant shows. This is said to "restore the pageant's dignity". Maillot swimsuits are worn instead.[14]

Pharmacy student Janet Fateye ( Miss Nigeria 1993) and Sylvia Edem (Miss Nigeria 2002) both made it into the top three in Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria before taking part in Miss Nigeria. Omasan Buwa (MBGN 1987) had been a Miss Nigeria runner-up in 1986.

In 2001, a contestant was accused of going commando underneath her short national costume, in a bid to win top marks from the judges. She later denied this, claiming she had worn a g-string.[citation needed]

The winner of Miss Nigeria 2003, Law graduate Nwando Okuwosa is now a cadet in the British Army[15].

In 2003, Pharmacy student and first-runner-up Ewemade Ogbebor was chosen to represent Nigeria in Miss Earth. Her mentor was Miss Nigeria 1991 first-runner-up Ibinabo Fiberesima.[16][17]
Unlike MBGN, the Miss Nigeria organisers did not have an official website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Nigeria
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by THEAMAKA(f): 10:38pm On May 29, 2010
^ ^ ^
your point?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by mamagee3(f): 11:03pm On May 29, 2010
Who is viewing my profile?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by 006(m): 11:07pm On May 29, 2010
tpia.:

plz keep quiet if common sense eludes you.

the day i see an Ajibike Apeke Morountodun Adebolu representing Imo, Bayelsa or Abia state, i'll call you so we can talk.

You be real mumu. You're not cute enough to contest, so close that your mouth, retarded tribalist.

Miss Enugu- Ashley Yongo  (Non Igbo)
Miss Abia- Awala Delphin Alero  (Non Igbo)

How do you look now?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by 006(m): 11:08pm On May 29, 2010
mama-gee:

Who is viewing my profile?

Me. you look way younger than your age.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 2:01am On May 30, 2010
006:

You be real mumu. You're not cute enough to contest, so close that your mouth, retarded tribalist.

Miss Enugu- Ashley Yongo  (Non Igbo)
Miss Abia- Awala Delphin Alero  (Non Igbo)

How do you look now?

abi ori e yi ni?

are you daft or you have a problem with english language. Let me repeat myself, dumbo.

the day i see an Ajibike Apeke Morountodun Adebolu representing Imo, Bayelsa or Abia state, i'll call you so we can talk.

Miss Oyo- Kalu Joy Onyekalu
Miss Ogun- Ogbebor Amen Sandra
Miss Anambra- Iloh Precious Chimaka
Miss Akwa Ibom- Nene Alegimenien
Miss Abia- Awala Delphin Alero
Miss Delta- Osika Onome
Miss Kwara- Chukwueke Chineye Ruth
Miss Ondo- Okoronkwo Ivuoma
Miss Osun- Onyechi Chialuka Anita
Miss Ekiti- Obiora Charity Chinenye
Miss cross River- Isabella Ayuk
Miss Imo- Ymunakwe Odera
Miss Adamawa- Agukwe Chioma Pamela

do you still think you have a senseless point? Even assuming ogun,kwara, ekiti and osun are now igbo, what happened to the indigenes of those states? Was the competition held overseas where people can claim they couldnt find any? Abi una wan pretend the entire southwest is too ugly to show face?

if na oil dey cause jagbajantis for naija, the southwest also has oil, so shut up.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by sjeezy8: 2:25am On May 30, 2010
well from what I saw there wasnt really any HOT girls in this- im talking aside from tribe the girls who competed igbo edo yoruba etc- just werent that hot! they were pretty fine but NOT beauty pageant fine and [size=13pt]Like I said Only ONE muslims girl competed- and the country is 50% muslim.[/size]
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 2:33am On May 30, 2010
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by sjeezy8: 2:37am On May 30, 2010
tpia.:

abi ori e yi ni?

are you daft or you have a problem with english language. Let me repeat myself, dumbo.

Miss Delta- Osika Onome
Miss Imo- Ymunakwe Odera

do you still think you have a senseless point? Even assuming ogun,kwara, ekiti and osun are now igbo, what happened to the indigenes of those states? Was the competition held overseas where people can claim they couldnt find any? Abi una wan pretend the entire southwest is too ugly to show face?

if na oil dey cause jagbajantis for naija, the southwest also has oil, so shut up

ms tpia I said that half of yorubas are msulim and wouldnt compete anyway- you said oda rubbish.

It was about 3-4 yoruba girls who competed(in other states beside their own) ONLY 1 was muslim. So I mean I guess it really does represent those who came out.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 2:38am On May 30, 2010
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 2:42am On May 30, 2010
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 2:47am On May 30, 2010
Miss Taraba- Oyaole Halimat Rosabel
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxMzI3MDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTEyNDc5NjcyNTluLmpwZw==&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

Miss Kwara- Chukwueke Chineye Ruth [Look like a trans]
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxMzMyMDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTEyNTM4ODAwNjVuLmpwZw==&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxMzM3MDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTEyNjYwNTg2MW4uanBn&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

Miss Niger- Odalonu Ngozi
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxMzQyMDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTEyNzI0OTI0NjhuLmpwZw==&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxMzU3MDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTEzMDQ4NTkxMDFuLmpwZw==&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxMzQ3MDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTEyODE4MjkzOTRuLmpwZw==&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxMzUyMDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTEyOTczNDkxNzZuLmpwZw==&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

Miss Benue- Victoria Eze
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxMTg3MDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTEwOTY4NTYxMTNuLmpwZw==&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

Miss Delta- Osika Onome
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzMyMjY0NDI3NTkxOTMyMDI3NjQ3NDgyMDI3NTQ5OTE0OTM1NjA4MjluLmpwZw==&s=NS8zMC8yMDEw&w=600[/img]
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 2:48am On May 30, 2010
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 3:04am On May 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

ms tpia I said that half of yorubas are msulim and wouldnt compete anyway- you said oda rubbish.

It was about 3-4 yoruba girls who competed(in other states beside their own) ONLY 1 was muslim. So I mean I guess it really does represent those who came out.

mister sjeezy yoruba muslims will compete in any competition they want to.

Is amina on ANTM not muslim?

[img]http://www.supercute.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/cw-antm12-aminat-07.jpg[/img]

besides, your point is off base and has nothing to do with the topic.

reread my wiki quote about the history of the miss nigeria competition.

my own point is while we're waiting for the breakup of nigeria can we at least have proper representation in competitions done in the name of nigeria. If it's miss south south/southeast or most beautiful girl in south south southeast, that's a different matter.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by sjeezy8: 3:20am On May 30, 2010
^^^ How can you compare aminatu in yankee to muslim babe in naija- not saying all muslim babes dont compete but ALOT do NOT. and you are taking it to personal ms. because there was yoruba babes who represented non yoruba states

None of these babes are squat- the igbo ones yoruba ones and the edos who competed- The babe who won isnt shiot either- as in I highly doubt any of these chicks can win miss world- even the winner of Miss Nigeria.

This competition isnt a good representation of beauty around Nigeria period- and no one can really get mad cause igbo babes represented some non igbo states, as well as all the yoruba babes represented all non yoruba states, also all the edos presented other states.

So i guess you cant really complain of tribalism just complain about a shittyy MGBN. AND ALL MY BEAUTIFUL MUSLIM FUTURE ALHAJA/HAJIAS DID NOT COMPETE(50% of Nigerian women)  cry and I stand by that-
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 3:29am On May 30, 2010
^^ stop twisting my words.

you're trying to pretend yorubas werent represented because yoruba muslims shun the competition for religious reasons. That's a big fat lie and you know it.

stop trying to derail the thread.

fulanis wey you dey shout everywhere- let them be! I'd like to see you getting a pure fulani to date should you live in nigeria. undecided

while you're at it, list the number of yorubas representing other states.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by sjeezy8: 3:52am On May 30, 2010
tpia.:

^^ stop twisting my words.
you're trying to pretend yorubas werent represented because yoruba muslims shun the competition for religious reasons. That's a big fat lie and you know it.

stop trying to derail the thread.
fulanis wey you dey shout everywhere- let them be! I'd like to see you getting a pure fulani to date should you live in nigeria. undecided

while you're at it, list the number of yorubas representing other states.

I agree people should represent thier state of origin

excuse me- I can get any babe in naija fulani muslims chistrian yoruba hausa igbo ijaw calabr aiight miss. Pulling babes is nothing to a guy like me small tings. give some secs to rap to a fulani babe she'll be wearing her hijab around her waiste and her panties on her head. walahi

there are about 3-4 yoruba babes in there, look I dont feel like arguing The pretty muslim yoruba babes I kno dont think about shiot like this or even nollywood(aside from rukyatu and aminatu) stuff.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 3:59am On May 30, 2010
^^well, beware of generalization.

the muslim yorubas you know seem to be a majorly conservative type. However, that's you.

i didnt say you cant get secret booty calls should you meet a PURE fulani in a corner. However, try getting her to take you to her parents nah! You'll know what's up!

you think say na southern girls you dey deal with?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by sjeezy8: 4:17am On May 30, 2010
tpia.:

^^well, beware of generalization.

the muslim yorubas you know seem to be a majorly conservative type. However, that's you.

i didnt say you cant get secret booty calls should you meet a PURE fulani in a corner. However, try getting her to take you to her parents nah! You'll know what's up!

you think say na southern girls you dey deal with?

Theres fine babes in every ethncitity and state that can represent I just think its just dumb of mbgn- I never really paid attention to nollywood stuvs because its all a sham.

I dont even think theres such thing as pure fulanis anymore- as they mix with yoruba hausa nupe- s.
small tings jare Afterall they chop our own fine yoruba babes- I can atleast chop their own small small. Stingy fuqs they remind me of yorubas alittle bit -
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by THEAMAKA(f): 4:41am On May 30, 2010
LOL! now the claws come out.
i knew tpia would be the first in here whining, right from her first comment.

and sjeezy, the true narcissist.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 4:47am On May 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

Theres fine babes in every ethncitity and state that can represent I just think its just dumb of mbgn- I never really paid attention to nollywood stuvs because its all a sham.

I dont even think theres such thing as pure fulanis anymore- as they mix with yoruba hausa nupe- s.
small tings jare Afterall they chop our own fine yoruba babes- I can atleast chop their own small small. Stingy fuqs they remind me of yorubas alittle bit -

i do not like overly aggressive aggravation.

it costs nobody anything to just do their jobs or whatever in a normal manner.

everything has consequences, and i dont want to hear anyone whining during payback time.

@ the rest of your post

most pure fulanis stick to their own- i think you're talking about town fulas who most times are themselves mixed.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by atilla(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2010
These girls are not bonz at all.

too muc make up and weavon no natural beauty.

take a look at Miss kwara

Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by makajibbz(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2010
frm all d picz i jus saw, none of them are smashing!!! 2b honest
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by 006(m): 2:08pm On May 30, 2010
tpia.:

abi ori e yi ni?

Miss Delta- Osika Onome
Miss Imo- Ymunakwe Odera

if na oil dey cause jagbajantis for naija, the southwest also has oil, so shut up.

I told you you’re a REAL mumu, first rate for that matter.

Miss Enugu- Ashley Yongo  (Non Igbo)
Miss Abia- Awala Delphin Alero  (Non Igbo)

Miss Yongo may have been born in Enugu and represented Enugu by defeating Igbos from Enugu. Do you think we care much about tribes in the East? You read too much from the internet. Mix with people, travel and unlock yourself from your enclave.

Let me put it to you, if you like jump off a cliff.
Those Igbos that represented Yoruba States may have been born in those States or lived there for a long time and they defeated the Yoruba chicks that competed with them. This is Nigeria. An Igbo can contest for any position in any part of this country and nobody could stop him/her but it’s different from winner the contest. MBGN is unbiased; hence Igbos could win in Yoruba States and Miss Yongo in Enugu State.

If you’re waiting for a Yoruba girl to win in the East, then Yorubas should know how to produce beautiful kids. Beauty is not money making nor acquiring education, it is from God!
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 30, 2010
^^^try not to smoke ganja immediately before logging on nl.

i'll deal with you later.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by 006(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2010
tpia.:

^^^try not to smoke ganja immediately before logging on nl.

i'll deal with you later.

There’s nothing to deal with, read my signature, “truth hurts” and it really does.

Let me tell the sincere truth. Yoruba tribe is really an odd tribe, where the guys are cuter than the girls.
In fact, your guys should represent your states in beauty contests instead of the babes, that’s a better prospect.
I have Yoruba friends and 2 of them have Yoruba wives and they are ugly. The funny thing is that their daughters took after their mothers in wowo and the boys are cute. The other one married half Idoma, half Igbo wife and she’s cute and their kids are all cute, no exception.
This is what I mean by “Yorubas should know how to produce beautiful kids”. The clever ones are doing it right now by marrying any babe from Edo eastwards and it’s working for them. Eradicating  wowo and woworish girls from the tribe will help in future beauty contest.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 30, 2010
^^ so because[b] its only the ugly yorubas who hang around you[/b], must the entire tribe now put up with your senseless and silly diatribes?

like attracts like- is there a particular reason why good looking yorubas dont care to be seen in your presence? Maybe they dont feel comfortable hanging out with an ugly person like yourself?

get the right answer and you'll receive extra ganja from your dealer.

olofo.

only a born idiot reasons like you.

i repeat- if na oil dey cause jagbajantis for naija, yorubas also have oil, so all these oil hungry and greedy competition fixers should take their lives easy. You dont take the money with you when you die. Oil wey go soon finish anyway. Na then person wey no know go know.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by 006(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2010
^^^

What’s wrong with you? Did I mention “oil” at all? Are you sure you are ok or are you a recent release from a mental home?

By the way, did I tell you that I hang out with their ugly Yoruba wives? You need a pair of eye glasses else you’re damn sick.

For your information, I’m mad cute, l look more like my mum but got a smooth tight ageless skin that I inherited from my dad. All these are things you can never buy, they are from God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Headies 2019: Teni Reacts To Winning 4 Awards, Thanks Fans / 2face & Annie Idibia Step Out Hand-in Hand(photos) / Adesua Etomi Reveals How She Finds It Easy To Cry In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.