Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Is It Time To Change The IGP? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Time To Change The IGP? (33302 Views)

EndSARS: Hundreds Of Resignations By Police Officers Rejected By The IGP / Aisha Buhari Calls On The IGP To Release Her Detained Staff / Read This If You Are Among Those Criticizing The IGP Over Transmission Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by GreyLaw(m): 8:37am On May 19, 2018
Front0line:

But those made by Azikwe when he was the prime minister including the appointment of an Igbo as the first VC of UI is not based nepotism, tribalism, foolishness and madness roundup into one ba ? You need to remove Buhari n put in a PDP to continue the looting of the treasury ba ? You should have your head examined.

So Zik was Nigeria's prime minister?

I'm ashamed to read a Nigerian write this, but what can one say when children are not taught history in school?

What can one say when all some Nigerians do online is to bash tribes?

Well, let me help you: Azikiwe was never Nigeria's prime minister; he was Nigeria's president, and the powers of state then was on the prime minister, not the president. Azikiwe was more like a ceremonial head, whose work was mostly on foreign policies.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by PointZerom: 8:40am On May 19, 2018
yarimo:
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew
This one pass you...lol
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by truthonmission: 8:41am On May 19, 2018
Josh44s:
The major problem we have in this country are we the citizens. Nigerians tolerate too much. Even at the point of Death, Nigerians will still tolerate. In a sane country, 90% of President Buhari’s Appointment which we all know are based on Nepotism, Tribalism and Religion can never be accepted by any citizens, anywhere in the world. Even at that, almost all appointees by APC are disastrous. We are really finished in this country. I just pray we don’t wake up one day to Fulani at our doorstep here in the South and Eastern part of Nigeria. The signs are just too obvious, we need to remove Buhari and his brainless appointees from power come 2019.
when we raised our voice, the yorubas said that he should be allowed to choose the pple he can trust. This country can never progress.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by almajiri101: 8:41am On May 19, 2018
expert234:

And who did the underage voting benefit? GEJ or Buhari?

Who is supposed to charge a murder case to court? Abeg use your head

You should be the one to use your head and stop being gullible. if the so called murder was against Gej, he should have at least initiated the case before handing over.

It's not our business who the underage voting favoured, if the Jonathan's govt was so serious and active, he should atleast monitor the registration and voting. Remember PMB is just an ordinary Nigerian as at that time.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by toluxa1(m): 8:42am On May 19, 2018
anyicash:
nice but you just repeated all what the writer said.

Don't mind me. I hadn't even read the article finish before I replied. It's all good.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by Bovis(m): 8:43am On May 19, 2018
expert234:

You sound like someone with low IQ.

Hahahehehe Hide your face Mr high IQ for defending a bloody killer. I repeat Musa Lawal was paid to do a hatchet job. The IGP sent a delegate in the rank of AIG to address the senate but was rejected due to their ulterior motive

As per the Inec chief, can you state when he was killed pls before or after the election results??

I would find time later to punch holes in the other false allegations stated by the OP

Just wondering how you can hear the sound of my voice through reading..... ewu
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by BafanaBafana: 8:47am On May 19, 2018
First of all, the IGP is not an elected public officer so posting slanderous things to tarnish his image will not help anything. The public cannot remove him from office and Buhari does not sack his men like that.
Secondly, whatever they say about him will not stop the police from investigating Saraki and his link to those kwara cultists.

Imagine the police wrote to the senate to release Dino, senate ignored, they invited Dino Melaye, he didn't go. When they finally arrested him, the senate is now saying the IGP should appear before them.
Even me I won't honor that kind of invitation.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by jrusky(m): 8:50am On May 19, 2018
What a question?
IGP that is already hearing strange voice.

IGP that Buhari send to benue and he headed to Nassarawa pls is Nassarawa the new capital of benue

iGP that went to kano and was hearing strange voice and could not read a note in front of him.

IGP that on a parade ground decided to swag Lagos Molue passenger standing order(some will face front and some will face back) and he decuded to face right while other security chiefs took order to face left you are asking if it's time to change him, do you want the fed govt to wait until he started weeing on his body publicly or walks unclad within the police HQ
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by AdolfHitlerxXx: 8:52am On May 19, 2018
Enice:
this is corruption fighting back. We see the hands Saraki in this new epistle. Bring out any yamayama you can find on the IGP. We know PMB will do the needful hence you are trying to make it look as if the IGP is blackmailing the president.

The IGP is incompetent and yes, Buhari doesn't bother to hide his nepotism...

BUT the doctored video and this obviously sponsored piece has Bukola Saraki's handwriting all over them
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by almajiri101: 8:56am On May 19, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

PMB is a failure, a mistake. This man could not improve himself for 30 years after his coup before he came back to lead us.
He absolutely must not get re-elected because it will spell disaster for our people.
Look at what he has been saying and doing ever since he declared his re-election bid, and you will see it has been offending nigerians left and right.
If he can do all this while begging us for re-election, what will he do when no longer needs the votes?

How did he offend Nigerians? By initiating a serious case against looters? prison is now assured to looters in his second term, is that what you meant by offending us?

Have you heard some of the looters has been sentenced to jail term already? is that what you meant by offending us? Have you heard he's on a mission to sanitise our country and reduce corruption to the minimal? Have you also heard he's also on a mission to rebuild our reputation internationally by dealing seriously with online fraudsters?
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 19, 2018
The way I see it, Buhari can't be removed from aso rock.

Vote or no vote, the guy is solidly implanted. It will be very difficult to take him out. Nigerians should never have voted him in, in the first place.

Jonathan resigned because he did not want war. Buhari will not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by jrusky(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2018
almajiri101:

How did he offend Nigerians? By initiating a serious case against looters? prison is now assured to looters in his second term, is that what you meant by offending us?

Have you heard some of the looters has been sentenced to jail term already? is that what you meant by offending us? Have you heard he's on a mission to sanitise our country and reduce corruption to the minimal? Have you also heard he's also on a mission to rebuild our reputation internationally by dealing seriously with online fraudsters?

Thrash thrash thrash. Pls what is your age? So you are still among those who by chance get employ you will be telling your boss oga four years is too short for me oo to proof myself isn't

No need to say what I'm.about to say to you I will keep it another time.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 19, 2018
[quote author=LastSurvivor11 post=67681712]Long overdue..

Not just about removing him, the process that brought him to IGP position should be queried also, his role in the incessant killings in Nigeria should also be ascertained..
His whereabouts when he was deployed to benue should also be examined..
Then this new wave of every buhari perceived enemies turning assassins over night should also be explained..

And most of all his transmission transfusion sorry I mean transfiguration transmission should also be transmission with him as he awaits his dullardic master in daura transmission 0

center..[/qquot

who gives a Bleep if 200 AIG or 1million DIG were forcefully resigned,, whats important the IGP achievement since he took that sit ,,highly rated criminals ,,EVans, offa robbers,nurtw assasin,,to mention a few . the criminals that indicted dino escaped (inside magomago) but were re arrested withn 24hrs,, even the thugs that took the NASS mace were arrested within 24hrs ,,,the police as never been these effective & powerful as they should be over criminals.
corruption fighting back, lol !! they started with a tampered written speech,,i only blame IGP for not using is brain on time but where in the world do you decide a mans productive or effeciency by grammar quality,, what as security got to do with english ,,nigerians claim they are educated but hunger & interest, as made them a stooge in the hands of the politicians,
the most bizzare thing is dino or saraki are yet to debunk the allegations against them,, the police is even yet to mention saraki ,,he is already playing dirty lol!! same old shit they do.. uproot more grammar scandal,,cry river ,,IGP go remain. more jokes will be generated gud 4 our health money 4 comedians.
i wonnt be surprise if i see a sextape of IGP idris making love to his wife ,,dear paid bloggers please upload that for us. we all cannt be fools,, been indicted as a politicians is normal no one should be too big to prove their innocence .... why is going to court suddenly sounding like enter a casket.
some members here work for these politician, even bloggers get paid ,,, donnt just follow there comments blindly

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by wanakak: 9:06am On May 19, 2018
yarimo:
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by almajiri101: 9:20am On May 19, 2018
jrusky:

Thrash thrash thrash. Pls what is your age? So you are still among those who by chance get employ you will be telling your boss oga four years is too short for me oo to proof myself isn't

No need to say what I'm.about to say to you I will keep it another time.

Say whatever you have in mind and don't forget to tell us what you expect of him in his 4yrs. You want him to provide jobs for over 60million unemployed graduate? You also want him to fix the delapidated power supply, build bridges across the nation, fix all Nigerian roads, fight corruption etc in the same 4yrs? Why not use your head that government is a continuous, if he couldn't complete all these things in his 2 terms, don't you know that a solid foundation has been laid for his successor to trend on. For example take a look at Lagos, Tinubu laid the foundation for his successors to build on, now look at Lagos.

We should stop being gullible and learn how to be patient. If you are one of those people contributing to our bad reputation, watch your back.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2018
almajiri101:

I don't know where you are getting your news from, but please stop patronising that place.
Who are the looters? If buhari could not catch all of them first term, what power will he have to apprehend them second term?
And even if he is catching looters, what about herdsmen crisis and Leah sharibu? Are they nonexistent?
Please buhari is leaving and that is what is best for the nation
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by Iceberg3: 9:36am On May 19, 2018
expert234:

My dog, good morning. I understand your obsession that you can't do without me; that's why you leave your life, but start following me around. How's your bleating going this morning

Mental I know deep down you want me outta your arsse,buh guess what,NO WAY....
now put your hands on your head and repeat after me,SAI BABA. grin grin
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by jacyhelen(f): 9:39am On May 19, 2018
jadesoletee:
By Musa Lawal

The nation’s Inspector General of Police, Idris Ibrahim seems to have risen above the law of the land and control of the president who appointed him. This is as extremely worrisome as it is setting a terrible precedence in the country.

What is particularly curious about the recent actions of the Inspector General of Police is the temerity with which he had repeatedly called the bluff of the Senate institution and disobeyed orders given to him by President Muhammadu Buhari.

It must be agreed that the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris would not have ordinarily behaved this way if not for some hidden reasons that are perhaps not known to the public. But one thing that is incontrovertible is the fact that the police boss has been compensated with the position of Inspector General.

It can also be concluded that the same hidden reason that is responsible for the now seeming “above the law” disposition of the Police IG must have also informed his appointment in the first instance.

Meanwhile, record has it that Ibrahim Idris was in 2015 the Police Commissioner in charge of Kano state when he superintended the delivery of millions of votes to the APC.

He was still the same police boss in-charge of Kano state when the INEC Commissioner for the state was burnt to death with his wife and two children in a rather unexplainable circumstance. It will be recalled that President Buhari garnered nearly two million votes in the most populous northern state during the 2015 presidential election.

Meanwhile, curious but disturbing questions need to be asked on the circumstances surrounding the appointment of Ibrahim Idris as the IGP in the first instance.

What could have led to the to compulsorily retirement of 21 AIGs and 7 DIGs just for Ibrahim Idris to become the IGP ? What other factor could have been responsible for the unprecedented promotions given to Ibrahim Idris from the rank of Commissioner of Police in 2015 to Assistant Inspector General, to Deputy Inspector General and Inspector General of Police all from year 2015 to 2016?

We also need to know what could have made the IGP disobeyed the instruction of the president without any consequence till date ?

Another probing question is what was the good quality seen in Ibrahim Idris by President Buhari at the time of his appointment that was not found in any of his compulsorily retired 28 seniors? We need not be told that Idris had been merely compensated for his hatchet job in the 2015 presidential election held in Kano and the subsequent cover-up in the investigation of circumstances leading to and surrounding the death of the INEC Commissioner.

It is most regrettable that Ibrahim Idris has now constituted himself into an authority that cannot be questioned; as a result has become so emboldened to have conveniently disobeyed several Senate invitations. It is particularly very sad that the man even feels at ease in the face of mindless bloodletting across the country.

However, no sinner can hide behind one finger for too long. The dirty past of the IGP has been exposed and the earlier he is relieved of his position, the faster solutions could be found to the reign of impunity and ceaseless killings across the land. Time is now for President Buhari to remove the IGP from office and safe the nation from further gruesome killings and maiming.

Musa Lawal writes from UK

http://www.nigerianconcord.com.ng/?p=12778

to pmb,IG of police is more learned than soyinka...One Nigeria my foot
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by expert234: 9:40am On May 19, 2018
Bovis:

Hahahehehe Hide your face Mr high IQ for defending a bloody killer. I repeat Musa Lawal was paid to do a hatchet job. The IGP sent a delegate in the rank of AIG to address the senate but was rejected due to their ulterior motive

As per the Inec chief, can you state when he was killed pls before or after the election results??

I would find time later to punch holes in the other false allegations stated by the OP

Just wondering how you can hear the sound of my voice through reading..... ewu

You were there when he was being paid, right?
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by almajiri101: 9:40am On May 19, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

I don't know where you are getting your news from, but please stop patronising that place.
Who are the looters? If buhari could not catch all of them first term, what power will he have to apprehend them second term?
And even if he is catching looters, what about herdsmen crisis and Leah sharibu? Are they nonexistent?
Please buhari is leaving and that is what is best for the nation

Have you not heard that fighter jets and chopper were already purchased for combing when land mines were being used as shield by the BH, Have you not heard that restructuring of every Benue and other affected villages has been kick started and units of soldiers assigned for proper monitoring so the menace can be reduced to the minimal.

If buhari is not the best for the job, can you please suggest to us your better candidate?
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:41am On May 19, 2018
almajiri101:

Say whatever you have in mind and don't forget to tell us what you expect of him in his 4yrs. You want him to provide jobs for over 60million unemployed graduate? You also want him to fix the delapidated power supply, build bridges across the nation, fix all Nigerian roads, fight corruption etc in the same 4yrs? Why not use your head that government is a continuous, if he couldn't complete all these things in his 2 terms, don't you know that a solid foundation has been laid for his successor to trend on. For example take a look at Lagos, Tinubu laid the foundation for his successors to build on, now look at Lagos.

We should stop being gullible and learn how to be patient. If you are one of those people contributing to our bad reputation, watch your back.
You are the gullible one here and I say that because you don't talk like BMC. Buhari has failed first term so he shouldn't grt second term.

And please don't say I am PDP, I supported buhari from 2015-2017 and he has failed all his supporters. The reason why PDP ruled for sixteen years is because we were foolish.

Now that our mumu don do, we will not even tolerate one term of incompetence like we did for jonadumb and hopefully buharetard.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:48am On May 19, 2018
almajiri101:

Have you not heard that fighter jets and chopper were already purchased for combing when land mines were being used as shield by the BH, Have you not heard that restructuring of every Benue and other affected villages has been kick started and units of soldiers assigned for proper monitoring so the menace can be reduced to the minimal.

If buhari is not the best for the job, can you please suggest to us your better candidate?
Sowore and Dankwambo are the only competent
opposition candidates I can think of and if they join forces with dankwambo leaving PDP; Nigeria might just get better.

But if they too Bleep up; they will leave after only 1 term, and so on with everybody else until we get a good president.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by expert234: 9:52am On May 19, 2018
almajiri101:

You should be the one to use your head and stop being gullible. if the so called murder was against Gej, he should have at least initiated the case before handing over.

It's not our business who the underage voting favoured, if the Jonathan's govt was so serious and active, he should atleast monitor the registration and voting. Remember PMB is just an ordinary Nigerian as at that time.

It is the duty of the state governor and police chief in a state to investigate that murder, but the two were clearly against GEJ.

In kwara state, the same series of manipulations took place in favour of APC and nothing happened. Do you know why? It's because kwara was under the control of APC where everybody was ready to cover up things in favour of the APC; even electoral officers were bribed to keep shut. Now, don't pretend as if you don't know these things.

Kano, where the inec official was murdered, was under the APC. The inec official was killed because she wouldn't keep quiet.

If you are not deaf and dumb, you will realise that underage voting only took place in states under APC control.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by Enice(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

The IGP is incompetent and yes, Buhari doesn't bother to hide his nepotism...

BUT the doctored video and this obviously sponsored piece has Bukola Saraki's handwriting all over them
PMB is very competent. It is the media that is trying to paint the president otherwise. NPAN is out for the President because he ordered a refund of the loot shared by GEJ.
In the case of IGP, I do not see it as nepotism but as integrity. We all campaign for institutions to be autonomous. PMB gave the IGP free hands to do his job without interferance. That is called integrity not incompetency.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by almajiri101: 10:08am On May 19, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

You are the gullible one here and I say that because you don't talk like BMC. Buhari has failed first term so he shouldn't grt second term.

And please don't say I am PDP, I supported buhari from 2015-2017 and he has failed all his supporters. The reason why PDP ruled for sixteen years is because we were foolish.

Now that our mumu don do, we will not even tolerate one term of incompetence like we did for jonadumb and hopefully buharetard.

You ignored my questions to attend some other personal issues, i careless to know whose side are you. My question is, what do you expect of him in his 4yrs that makes him not to qualify for the next phase?
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by ericwise13: 10:12am On May 19, 2018
Therealev:
I'm for the motion.
I second the motion.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by almajiri101: 10:17am On May 19, 2018
expert234:

It is the duty of the state governor and police chief in a state to investigate that murder, but the two were clearly against GEJ.

In kwara state, the same series of manipulations took place in favour of APC and nothing happened. Do you know why? It's because kwara was under the control of APC where everybody was ready to cover up things in favour of the APC; even electoral officers were bribed to keep shut. Now, don't pretend as if you don't know these things.

Kano, where the inec official was murdered, was under the APC. The inec official was killed because she wouldn't keep quiet.

If you are not deaf and dumb, you will realise that underage voting only took place in states under APC control.

Have you forgotten the same commissioner of police and the inec boss were appointed and assigned purposely for the election? How is it PMB's fault when the family of the deceased and state govt failed to investigate the death?

Underage voting perfection defined how weak and unintelligent Jonathan is, with all the mighty budget he rolled out for the election, underage voting still took place, that really defines him.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by almajiri101: 10:29am On May 19, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Sowore and Dankwambo are the only competent
opposition candidates I can think of and if they join forces with dankwambo leaving PDP; Nigeria might just get better.

But if they too Bleep up; they will leave after only 1 term, and so on with everybody else until we get a good president.

Sowore is out of contest, he's just a man with no integrity, can you pls show to us dankwambo's credentials, his achievements in gombe in the last 4yrs that shows him as better replacement?
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by anyicash(m): 10:32am On May 19, 2018
toluxa1:

Don't mind me. I hadn't even read the article finish before I replied. It's all good.
it's all good my brother.
Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2018
almajiri101:

You ignored my questions to attend some other personal issues, i careless to know whose side are you. My question is, what do you expect of him in his 4yrs that makes him not to qualify for the next phase?
I and others expected him to:
1.) Defeat boko haram and bring back our girls and instead he negotiated with them, released prisoners and did nothing while they kept leah sharibu. They later came for Dapchi girls so they have clearly not been defeated.

2.) Improve security. Gaddafi boys from libya and transmission IGP along with incompetent police and army show his failure in that regard.

3.)Improve the economy. We entered recession and our naira fell from 216 to 520 before rising to 320 where it is still fluctuating. This is a failure.

4.)Provide jobs as he promised. Millions of youths have lost their jobs because of this man, forcing them to find another hustle and he still had the guts to say they are lazy.

5.)End medical tourism as he promised. He spent more than 100 days in london hospital while his son crashed power bike and was flown to germany for holiday.

I am finished. What did you expect of him and how has he achieved this

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Change The IGP? by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:42am On May 19, 2018
almajiri101:

Sowore is out of contest, he's just a man with no integrity, can you pls show to us dankwambo's credentials, his achievements in gombe in the last 4yrs that shows him as better replacement?
Buhari that is mr integrity what has he achieved?
And as for dankwambo, use your google app or search nairaland itself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dr Bukola Saraki Sparks PVC registration conversation on Social Media / Polls: FG Puts Embassies, Diplomats Under Watch Over PVT / BREAKING: Buhari Tenders CTC Of School Certificate In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.