Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Linuz Mint 19 (tara) To Be Relased. Things To Put In Mind. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Linuz Mint 19 (tara) To Be Relased. Things To Put In Mind. (981 Views)

I Have Your Budget In Mind Corei5 256gb Ssd For 110k / Things To Expect From Windows 11 / Want To Buy A Printer? 5 Things To Consider When Buying A Printer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linuz Mint 19 (tara) To Be Relased. Things To Put In Mind. by daniels27953: 11:03pm On May 18, 2018
can anyone Tell me what I should do and not do before I switch from Windows 10 pro to Linux Mint 19 . I have not used Linux before on my personal laptop.
Please tell me the do(s) and don't . I don't what to Spoil my Laptop and also does it support Hp notebook 6450b core I5.Helpful contributions would be much appreciated.
Re: Linuz Mint 19 (tara) To Be Relased. Things To Put In Mind. by bigtt76(f): 11:13pm On May 18, 2018
Download and run it as a Live CD to get yourself familiar with it before going the next step to install it. You can also install on separate partition from your original Windows so that way you can boot to the Linux partition ....risky if you don't know how to do it. You might end up losing your Windows environment. Fret not, there are lots of tutorials online to guide you.

You can also install the Linux Mint on your virtual environment using Virtual Box or Parallels or any other virtual machine out there. All the best.

daniels27953:
can anyone Tell me what I should do and not do before I switch from Windows 10 pro to Linux Mint 19 . I have not used Linux before on my personal laptop.
Please tell me the do(s) and don't . I don't what to Spoil my Laptop and also does it support Hp notebook 6450b core I5.Helpful contributions would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Linuz Mint 19 (tara) To Be Relased. Things To Put In Mind. by daniels27953: 5:41pm On May 22, 2018
i have downloaded virtualbox. thanks
Re: Linuz Mint 19 (tara) To Be Relased. Things To Put In Mind. by routik(m): 8:08pm On May 23, 2018
Well explained and a good starting point for the OP.
I love women in Tech.

bigtt76:
Download and run it as a Live CD to get yourself familiar with it before going the next step to install it. You can also install on separate partition from your original Windows so that way you can boot to the Linux partition ....risky if you don't know how to do it. You might end up losing your Windows environment. Fret not, there are lots of tutorials online to guide you.

You can also install the Linux Mint on your virtual environment using Virtual Box or Parallels or any other virtual machine out there. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? / Hp250 Laptop Computer Is Available / December Laptop Promo Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.