Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,232 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! (3202 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics / Governors Are Importing Illegal Arms With Private-Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by pikadily(m): 4:39am On May 25, 2010
Jonathan cant and will never be president why if you ask me? Because of “numbers” I will tell you.The numbers just wont add up,any one can do the maths he just cant rack up the votes period.Besides we all know that the northern governors are the king makers and they are united in their contempt for the wanna be president.Ask a real politician not faceless cyber militants is it possible for a president to emerge in Nigeria without the support of the Northern governors.The answer is na.For me I strongly believe it will be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for Jonathan to emerge as president.Peace out! sad
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by Nobody: 5:23am On May 25, 2010
ok
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by lagbaja(m): 6:50am On May 25, 2010
@olas2u
Only dulls brains engage in abuse when all required is a little thinking. Picadily posted his opinion which he backed up with facts. if u disagree, simply say why.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by naso2(m): 10:17am On May 25, 2010
pikadily:
Jonathan cant and will never be president why if you ask me? Because of “numbers” I will tell you.The numbers just wont add up,any one can do the maths he just cant rack up the votes period.Besides we all know that the northern governors are the king makers and they are united in their contempt for the wanna be president.Ask a real politician not faceless cyber militants is it possible for a president to emerge in Nigeria without the support of the Northern governors.The answer is na.For me I strongly believe it will be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for Jonathan to emerge as president.Peace out!

Are you sure this your post is not 2 months late? I thought he is already the president or has UMYA resurrected?

If you are talking about winning 2011, then modify your post and lets talk.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by Spyker: 11:35am On May 25, 2010
This poster is surely from Katsina in the bush where he is tending to cows. I wonder where and how he got his statistics when the actual truth is that the North are afraid since Jonathan is leading in the polls right now as the only viable candidate to beat in the 2011 election.
Poster, check the online polls and stop embarrassing yourself here. That is my source.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by otokx(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2010
There is difference between malu and cow.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by FighteRM: 11:58am On May 25, 2010
The Truth is Bitter.

In case u guys are in advanced stage of dementia, let me remind you that the North owns government in Nigeria. They only give it out once in a while in the spirit of brotherhood, and in national interest. It only boomerangs back after a short period. Cross-check our national history.

Lets face it. The East are unbeatable in the area of commerce and industry, the West are the flagbearers of the academia, and the north are the keepers of government. Nothing short of radical revolution spanning multiple decades can change this fine balance. This is what makes our dear country great. Bitter pill, but it will do your system good.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by pikadily(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2010
na_so:

Are you sure this your post is not 2 months late? I thought he is already the president or has UMYA resurrected?

If you are talking about winning 2011, then modify your post and lets talk.

Thank you for reminding me.Yes im referring to 2011.Bring it on.I will show you how it is practically impossible.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by pikadily(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2010
olas2u:

You are  just a big fool to make comments  that are untrue,Define power ,then analyse it.It is not easy to unseat a seating president of any country.The v.p in the elction will be a northner,and the votes will add up.

When gen. Buhari picked Okadigbo as his running mate did that make the igbo community vote for him? No. A vice president is nothing in the scheme of things.A spare tyre if you may.The northeners are not fools okay.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by naso2(m): 12:37pm On May 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You guys are just being apprehensive. First you said there was no need to make GJ acting president, next you rushed back UMYA and started telling us UMYA was jogging, was drinking kunu, was reading , was touching and playing with his grandchildren . . . . .bla bla .

I think you dont have to disturb yourself, afterall GJ has not declared any interest. Support your candidate maybe IBB and win if you can.

You guys are just trying to harass him and prevent him from contesting. All he needs is the PDP ticket and when he gets it, I can assure you that the greedy elite in the north will only have to request for their own cut. End of story.

I need to also remind you that in this political context ,the north you are  talking about will not be more than 8 states. All other northern  states will be swing states.

Una just dey make me laugh. I never knew Abokis can be this apprehensive.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by pikadily(m): 12:48pm On May 25, 2010
olas2u:

You are  just a big fool to make comments  that are untrue,Define power ,then analyse it.It is not easy to unseat a seating president of any country.The v.p in the elction will be a northner,and the votes will add up.

I think Power has always been synonymous with certain group of people in Nigeria.I dont have to define anything.Who said its difficult to unseat a seating president.Towards the end of Obasanjos first tenure in 2003 who did he run to?The same northern Governors we are talking here.Who did he beg for his chair? Atiku Abubakar.Why because Atiku at the time has the support of the king makers.He specifically mentioned that in a  BBC interview that he is under pressure to contest,we here knew what he was talking about.The governors wanted to kick Obasanjo out.Although he was the president then,he OBJ knew he was nothing.Infact it was the late Stella who was very dear to Atiku then that made change his mind.If you still think they cant unseat the accidental President Jonathan now,its free a world.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 25, 2010
Seems you are one of those people that as being  paid to protect their intrest on the cyber space abi?Nigeria is moving forward and we are not going back to where we were coming from.Your analysis may be correct to an extent.More and more people are being empowered by Goodluck as well.

Without th Alamagation of this people with Nigeria,we will by now producing made in Nigeria things and export them,we should be in the same league with brazil,mexico,india,indonesia,southkorea,Tawian,singapore,malaysia.But look at what we have today as a result of this people,NNpc is still talking about fuel scarcity when countries like brazil with petro brazil are going abroad to buy and bid for oil block,its because of the dull brains that packed them selves in NNPC.The official language in NNPC is hausa.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by naso2(m): 12:55pm On May 25, 2010
pikadily:

I think Power has always been synonymous with certain group of people in Nigeria.I dont have to define anything.Who said its difficult to unseat a seating president.[b]Towards the end of Obasanjos first tenure in 2003 who did he run to?The same northern Governors we are talking here.[/b]Who did he beg for his chair? Atiku Abubakar.Why because Atiku at the time has the support of the king makers.He specifically mentioned that in a  BBC interview that he is under pressure to contest,we here knew what he was talking about.The governors wanted to kick Obasanjo out.Although he was the president then,he OBJ knew he was nothing.Infact it was the late Stella who was very dear to Atiku then that made change his mind.If you still think they cant unseat the accidental President Jonathan now,its free a world.
YOU are just stating these things to suit your position. Aside Boni Haruna who openly aligned with ATIKU, No other northern governor was involved in the plot like Ibori and ALAMS, are these two from the north? Alams got his fingers burnt in the process while IBORI "repented" and realigned with BABA. So which northern governors are you talking about.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by pikadily(m): 1:11pm On May 25, 2010
na_so:

YOU are just stating these things to suit your position. Aside Boni Haruna who openly aligned with ATIKU, No other northern governor was involved in the plot like Ibori and ALAMS, are these two from the north? Alams got his fingers burnt in the process while IBORI "repented" and realigned with BABA. So which northern governors are you talking about.
  Please we are referring to the 2003 election.When Atiku wanted to contest.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by Fhemmmy: 1:15pm On May 25, 2010
He is already the president of Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 25, 2010
My guy wetin dey?Let me also help them on the cyber space,how much you dey collect.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by udezue(m): 1:25pm On May 25, 2010
Gone are those days so quit living in the past. As long as a free and faie election is conducted none of your cattle herding pedophiles ya call governors in the core North can change the results unless ya want trouble.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by Fhemmmy: 1:29pm On May 25, 2010
udezue:

Gone are those days so quit living in the past. As long as a free and faie election is conducted none of your cattle herding craddle-robbers ya call governors in the core North can change the results unless ya want trouble.

The buzzz word
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by naso2(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2010
pikadily:
Please we are referring to the 2003 election.When Atiku wanted to contest.

Yes I am refering to 2003. 11 governors where behind Atiku and Ibori was the leader of the gang. Mind you even Atiku was not sure of winning in the primaries, he was only going to scuttle OBJ's chances by throwing his weight behind ALEX ekueme.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by pikadily(m): 2:39pm On May 25, 2010
na_so:

Yes I am refering to 2003. 11 governors where behind Atiku and Ibori was the leader of the gang. Mind you even Atiku was not sure of winning in the primaries, he was only going to scuttle OBJ's chances by throwing his weight behind ALEX ekueme.

See fabrication.The entire northern governors with the exception of the then Kano sate Governor Kwankwaso were behind atiku in pre 2003 election.He made a silly mistake by not kicking OBJ out there and then.He is still paying
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by pikadily(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2010
hey man can you explain to me pls first you said only 3 governors boni Haruna, Alams and Ibori supported Atiku quote:
na_so:

and then you changed to11 Governors from the North instead of only Boni haruna:
na_so:

Cant you see that you are contradicting yourself here.You guys are just typing B-u-l-l-s-h-i-t you know.Alex Ekwueme my foot !
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by mekuszyx: 2:54pm On May 25, 2010
The North MAY indeed be powerful politically. But Obasanjo put them in the coolers for 8 years and they sulked home like babies. GJ may well repeat that streak, giving them something to sulk about again. I am a supporter of the PDP power rotation, but with baboon-headed comments like that of the op, I may yet consider changing my mind.

OP: please what have your fathers done with the presidency they have held for more than 38 years? I see nothing in the north than poverty, disease, child brides, unending intra-regional conflicts and forlonness.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by lelele: 3:02pm On May 25, 2010
@Mekusyx

I don't believe that Obasanjo put the North in any cooler, Obasanjo himself is a northerner, it is unfortunate that he has Yoruba parents. Whenever he wants to make any political assault, where does he start from? The North. He is more comfortable in the North than anywhere else, he is popular in the North. His main supporters are Northerners. In the interest of peace, Jonathan should not contest on the platform of the PDP. However he may, if he can make himself a Northerner (In which case there are no benefits of a southern president).
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by mekuszyx: 3:38pm On May 25, 2010
^^^^^
Military regimes aside, has the north really held on to power for so much longer than the south?
Tafawa Balewa 6 years
Shagari 4 years
ObJ 8 years
Yaradua 2.5 years
Jonathan 1.5 years (hopefully)
Zik (I know it was ceremonial, but nontheless a head of state) 3 years
Nwafo Orizu (few months)
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by mekuszyx: 3:40pm On May 25, 2010
If the North makes trouble and the Ijaw boys block the oil wells and set them on fire, lets see if Jonathan, their brother will give the presidential order to attack them.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by Katsumoto: 3:50pm On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

^^^^^
Military regimes aside, has the north really held on to power for so much longer than the south?
Tafawa Balewa 6 years
Shagari 4 years
ObJ 8 years
Yaradua 2.5 years
Jonathan 1.5 years (hopefully)
Zik (I know it was ceremonial, but nontheless a head of state) 3 years
Nwafo Orizu (few months) Ironsi 6 months
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by mekuszyx: 4:04pm On May 25, 2010
^^^^^
No Sir:

Ironsi was military so out of the equation. Nwafo Orizu was the senate president when the coup plotters struck and killed Balewa. He took over as headf states when Zik was not available and it was he who handed back power to the military under Ironsi. History 101.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by philip0906(m): 4:07pm On May 25, 2010
otokx:

There is difference between malu and cow.
grin grin grin
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by EzeUche(m): 4:08pm On May 25, 2010
Yea right!!!

Jonathan serves a new master and that is the United States. The Northern leaders cannot stop a man who is backed by the U.S.! Point blank.

The North better watch itself, because Jonathan has the most powerful ally. Remember the U.S. is keeping its eye on the north. Northern leaders can only sit back and watch as Jonathan serve his new master.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by naso2(m): 4:14pm On May 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is risky oh. Let us not present ourself in a form where we will be a major al-qaeda target o.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by EzeUche(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
I fear the U.S. more than I fear some little terrorist group known as Al-Qaeda.

My advice to the North is they better watch themselves. The entire West already views Muslims with suspicion and rightfully so.
Re: Northern Governors are the King Makers.Jonathan Can Never Be President,period! by marvix(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2010
A lot of pple on dis forum lik 2 tink dat u are political analysts wen all u do is listen to rubbish nd read a lot of falsehood 4 news, some of u even think dat as long as u criticise govt den u must b rite, to some whoeva is president is a buffon.

Now 2 d issue on dis thread I'll say d poster is a political neophyte who knows nxt 2 nothin abt naija politics. Northern govs? Who are they? Can they even assure themselves of a 2nd term in 2011, if Jonathan plays dirty can they stand?

My take is dat Jonathan has shown dat he can play d nigerian brand of politics so his cards are still in his hands nd dats wat evryone don't undastand yet nd he is not talkin @ d right time he will drop his joker, then morons like d OP will be caught mouth agape.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Horror - Death Toll Rises To 66 In Nigeria Communal Clash ( Children massacred ) / Naij - A History Of Nigeria By Jide Olanrewaju (an Actualize Production) / Ifeanyi Uba: If I Become Gov I Will Sponsor Youths To Brazil To Watch Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.