Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) (12205 Views)

Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by TmeD0(m): 9:33pm On May 26, 2010
d bigrod:

[size=16pt]SINCE WE DONT HAVE DAT TALENTED ATTACKING PLAYERS LIKE SPAIN AND ARGENTINE,LETS IMPROVE OUR DEFENCE.I STILL WONDER HOW WE ARE GOING TO STOP THESE MIGHTY RATS--MESSI,TEVEZ ,AGUERO,HIGUAIN ,MILITO AND DI MARIA.(I CALL THEM RAT COS THEY BEHAVE LIKE RAT--U CANT STOP THEM WHEN THEY AARE TRYING TO ESCAPE FROM U)I PRAY DAT MESSI AND HIS ARGENTINE TEAM MATES SHOW US SOME MERCY COS SERIOUSLY WE DONT HAVE VERY GUD PLAYERS DAT WILL TAKE US FAR IN THIS WORLD CUP.I KNOW MOST OF U WILL START BOMBING MY HEAD BUT ASK URSELF THIS.WHY DO MOST OF OUR PLAYERS FIND IT HARD TO COMMAND A STARTING SPOTS IN THEIR VARIOUS TEAMS IN EUROPE?.[/size]

Iyineda:

[size=16pt]ROCK N' ROLL, MAN!!!1[/size]

i hope u two knuckleheads do realize that when you type in caps, not only is it distracting but it's an indication that you're yelling.

now, must you yell to cut your point across?  and why do you need your fonts that big for your post to be seen? 

some people sha. . . undecided 

@topic, i didn't watch the match, so i can't really say much but from what i've read so far, it was nothing to write home about.

i know it's a friendly match but let's wait and see how Lars trims the team down to 23 and see their friendly before we decide the fate of our papa fowls dem.  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Iyineda(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2010
T@meD0:

i hope u two knuckleheads do realize that when you type in caps, not only is it distracting but it's an indication that you're yelling.

now, must you yell to cut your point across?  and why do you need your fonts that big for your post to be seen? 

some people sha. . . undecided 
grin

Cool story, sis. Reeeeal cool.

Btw, typing in pink purple is just as unconventional for a forum. Besides, I was only teasing the poster who typed in blue so, yeah, I don't like the "knucklehead" tag you put on me. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by asofejo(m): 10:44pm On May 26, 2010
, i just hope the coach make a good 23 man squad without sentiment, the current eagles squad is shit, we dont have world class players any more in the team, all the players are average and some below average, i wonder who invited echiejile in our squad when we have good left back in the local league, players like shittu(gives his best but no technique),ayila{u can't cheat nature, he is too old),kanu(with all due respect) has passed his prime,footie don leave am behind since 2006,john utaka{too old},peter utaka{not a player that will compete in the world cup),yobo{he lost his passion for the game, we can see in his play,ik uche(he is not 100 fit),echiejile{God knows how he made it to the 30 man roster), IMO these players don't deserve to be in our 23 man squad, some of the players in the 23 man squad are a little better than the ones i removed from my 23 man squad, players like martins,aiyegbeni,ordiah, are just lucky to make my 23 man squad because we have no depth in the 30 man roster, the 30 man roster selected by the coach and nff are not the best we have in the country but GOD knows best, their should be places for the best striker in the nigerian local league in ahmed musa, he is far better than most of of current strikers in the 30 man roster, martins,aiyegbeni have lost their form and we may need the services of brown ideye in the starting line up because he is very young and his physical presence on the pitch will be a worry for opponents, he may not score a lot in the french league but he has been a first team player for his club and he plays regularly.my starting line up in the current super eagles squad will be enyeama,afolabi,apam,terna,taiwo,etuhu,mikel,haruna,ideye,osaze,anichebe, these is the best starting line up in the current eagles squad, players like keita,obasi,nsofor,adeleye,kalu uche,and any other 2 goal keepers will be add positive in the bench, negative players like martins,yakubu,ordiah, yobo and kanu will only make it because they are the captains in the current squad, but frankly speaking, kanu does not deserve to captain nigeria to the world cup as a player he is not competitive, yobo will make it despite the fact that he is a calamity, fellow forumites don't lose all hope in this squad and at the same time dont bet on this current eagles squad, i can't wait against argentina, i still have the feeling we gonna do well in the mundial if the coach concentrate more on my starting line up and the positive players he has on the bench, good luck to the super eagles in south africa, WE CAN DO IT
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by yemi2000(m): 12:17am On May 27, 2010
This super eagles are now super nonsense.They could not beat saudi arabia.Can they beat argentina?
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by infohenry(m): 4:18am On May 27, 2010
This eagles will do better not because they are good but motherluck will visit them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by infohenry(m): 4:32am On May 27, 2010
asofejo:

, i just hope the coach make a good 23 man squad without sentiment, the current eagles squad is poo, we dont have world class players any more in the team, all the players are average and some below average, i wonder who invited echiejile in our squad when we have good left back in the local league, players like shittu(gives his best but no technique),ayila{u can't cheat nature, he is too old),kanu(with all due respect) has passed his prime,footie don leave am behind since 2006,john utaka{too old},peter utaka{not a player that will compete in the world cup),yobo{he lost his passion for the game, we can see in his play,ik uche(he is not 100 fit),echiejile{God knows how he made it to the 30 man roster), IMO these players don't deserve to be in our 23 man squad, some of the players in the 23 man squad are a little better than the ones i removed from my 23 man squad, players like martins,aiyegbeni,ordiah, are just lucky to make my 23 man squad because we have no depth in the 30 man roster, the 30 man roster selected by the coach and nff are not the best we have in the country but GOD knows best, their should be places for the best striker in the nigerian local league in ahmed musa, he is far better than most of of current strikers in the 30 man roster, martins,aiyegbeni have lost their form and we may need the services of brown ideye in the starting line up because he is very young and his physical presence on the pitch will be a worry for opponents, he may not score a lot in the french league but he has been a first team player for his club and he plays regularly.my starting line up in the current super eagles squad will be enyeama,afolabi,apam,terna,taiwo,etuhu,mikel,haruna,ideye,osaze,anichebe, these is the best starting line up in the current eagles squad, players like keita,obasi,nsofor,adeleye,kalu uche,and any other 2 goal keepers will be add positive in the bench, negative players like martins,yakubu,ordiah, yobo and kanu will only make it because they are the captains in the current squad, but frankly speaking, kanu does not deserve to captain nigeria to the world cup as a player he is not competitive, yobo will make it despite the fact that he is a calamity, fellow forumites don't lose all hope in this squad and at the same time dont bet on this current eagles squad, i can't wait against argentina, i still have the feeling we gonna do well in the mundial if the coach concentrate more on my starting line up and the positive players he has on the bench, good luck to the super eagles in south africa, WE CAN DO IT

Correct selection, you know football, for the fact we dont have any world class footballer for now, lets manage these guys you name.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Kgdavid(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2010
people are judging Yakubu based on hs last performanes for us but the guy was just recovering from an injury and we rushed him back. on his day Yakubu is a threat to any defense in the world. same goes for martins. Ayila has been one of my favorite super eagles midfielders for a long time but sadly it looks like he is fading. perhaps he just had a bad game though. for me though, i have realized that the future is very bright for Nigeria, if you look at the young playersalready in the team and theones coming up in the youth teams, the future is right. i see nigerian national team in four years as

Oliha Apam Adeleye Aliyu

Mikel
Haruna R.Ibrahim/R.Azeez

S.Okoro S.Emmanuel
Anichebe

with the likes of king Osanga, Kenneth Omeruo, Fortune Chukwudi, Gbolahan Salami and Obiora Nwankwo on the bench. salami in particular impressed me greatly at the youth world cup in Egypt. he showed some skill and had a great shot before getting a red card that ended his tournament after only ten minutes of coming on. let these old men finish their shift and then there will be a magnificent changing of the guard. the beautiful ones have been born.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by candylips(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2010
^^ obiora nwankwo should be in that team
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Iyineda(m): 11:29am On May 27, 2010
Did John Utaka play yesterday? Had the impression it was Peter Utaka who came in second half and the no 18 was Obinna?

Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 27, 2010
Quietly observing each person's remark and where they stand on the team so that comes June 12 after the match against the Argentines, I can come back to see those that contradicts themselves with aftermatch comments.

I observed that the people that are a bit optimistic are really doing it in a subtle manner, why those Pessimstic (or realistic) are vociferous.

Need to go and get my green-white-green flag before the price jacks up
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by johndavid1(m): 1:37pm On May 27, 2010
Rubbish play
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by ayo84(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2010
super eagles are going nowhere.did you see how they played, it was rubbish,it;s teams like the super eagles that make MESSI overshine.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Rastamann: 3:24pm On May 27, 2010
Lets jus hope that the Super Eagles will not be largered during the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by saemoenl(f): 4:01pm On May 27, 2010
Rubbish embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Adonike(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2010
I've made series of research on posts made on this forum and have discovered that majority of nairalanders are not patriotic at all. These lucrative bunch of black bias baaboon should change for the sake of nationalism and patriotism. Mark my word, NIGERIA WILL WIN THIS WORLD CUP. Amen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 27, 2010
We are going to die in South Africa, No points at all!
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 27, 2010
One mistake I see is why Solomon Okoronkwo was not given a chance to proove himself.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by nich(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2010
shocked ehn! 0 - 0 grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Kasieze(m): 6:50pm On May 27, 2010
if we can't win saudi Arabia thats automatically means that we can't win any match in this world cup. so think big ok. we are going to win them
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 27, 2010
Larger Beer won't take us anywhere in the world cup, this is a GAME

Put Amodu and Siasia there, believe they can do it.

or we dissappear in the 1st round with this BEER grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Rhydem: 8:02pm On May 27, 2010
Siasia should have been in the Nigeria set up, but with the vast amount of corruption in the NFF, it would be very difficult for him to succeed.

If this was in England where a guy was hailed as being on of the best managers in the country being English himself they would have given him a try, and alteast developing a team for a couple of yours.

The set up has no organisational structure and no agenda in my opinion, there view is; When tomorrow comes. Which is very bad for any organisation be it football or any business.

For now I think Lagerback is pulling on great strings, he can bring all the tactics he likes but it is like cramming for an exam 2 days before you go take it, you might be lucky and succeed or you may just fail miserably.

The only advantage Lagerback has at the moment is that he is foreign he will gain great respect from the European based players, which is a shame, when we all saw with our own eyes what out own fellow countryman (SiaSia) has done for our country on two occasions even against the opponents we deem as tough (Argentina) see how we almost won gold against Messi, Mascherano, Riquleme, with our young boys. Haba it is not a small feat O.

I just hope and prey that Nigeria can have an organised NFF in the near future, one free of bribary and passionate about football - like those in England FA. I can dream abi?!

I'm just hoping SE do not Lagerback in the world cup abeg.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by jokingmary(m): 9:26pm On May 27, 2010
after Nigeria imported a coach (technical adviser) the match still ended 0-0 embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by babaowo: 9:55pm On May 27, 2010
nah wha ooooooo! super eagle
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 27, 2010
this is the reason we did not score any goals or play the way we should have. READ IT BEFORE YOU SAY THAT THE SUPER EAGLES ARE HOPELESS!!!!!!

KICKOFF.COM/LEAGUE/NIGERIA
Posted: 2010-05-25 08:24

Lars Lagerback says Tuesday's friendly against Saudi Arabia, and the next one against Colombia on May 30 will give him a chance to see players who haven’t had much playing time. 

But the Swede added that his objective would be to try out his basic ideas on the team in a competitive atmosphere.

"You can say that I have two goals with them (the two friendly games)," he told Swedish newspaper Expressen. "I want to see some more of those players that I have not seen and I want to try some different things - but the important thing is to play the team together and get them to play what I want."

This will be the Technical Adviser's first game in charge of the Eagles, and with time running short before the World Cup, he says he wants to get acquainted with as many players as possible.

"Yes, there is a combination. If you take this first practice match, we have looked for a bit of playing time for the players. It's just as I have done previously with the Swedish team. If we had Swedish players who hadn't been playing that much then we prioritized them, and that will be a factor now as well.

"But now it's also about to become acquainted with as many players as possible. We have quite a few offensive players in this group so maybe we can test them a little bit to see if they can cope with both the offensive and defensive."

Have you finished reading??
now make comments. . .and THINK before you ASSUME. my teacher used to say, when you ASSUME you make an A.S.S. of U and ME wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Litmus: 11:27pm On May 27, 2010
I do not like this new-look, rushing around without thinking Nigeria, its undignified. I supposed people who moaned that our players were too laid back have nagged the team into this headless chicken style of play. However, that laid-back approach we had was deceptive and lulled many an opposition into a false scene of security and then we would strike.

No, the body language is all wrong now, they carry themselves with inferiority complex, like you would see, watching Congo or Ghana play. Nigeria should abandon the sambo technique pronto. The psychology is very important.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by honeric01(m): 12:51am On May 28, 2010
Next friendly in 2 days time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Demainman1: 9:51am On May 28, 2010
I think the problem with naija football is the supporters club and their music which causes unnecessary distractions for the player. Rather than play to win matches they enter field and start to dance ajasco music forgetting that football is serious business nowadays.

I say enough of this palm wine drinkers club mentality and be a proper supporter. Going to d world cup should not be for a jamboree please!!!! grin grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by TmeD0(m): 10:01pm On May 28, 2010
Iyineda:

Btw, typing in purple is just as unconventional for a forum.

since when?

i guess going by your logic, the font colors are there for decoration, abi?   undecided 

Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Obinoscopy(m): 11:31pm On May 28, 2010
I just tire
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Iyineda(m): 12:01am On May 29, 2010
T@meD0:

since when?

i guess going by your logic, the font colors are there for decoration, abi?   undecided 

Ditto,

I guess going by your logic (cf. top post of this page), the font size option is there for decoration, abi? undecided

Yeah. . . I thought as much.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Lumyboi(m): 7:48am On May 29, 2010
Uche k. Odemwing. Anichebe. Keita, taiwo, enyeama. Nsofor, n others. Al these r average players n that wit team work n motivation can give success n any sport.
nigeria problem is too complex except if u want to v high bp.
we select players not on merit but other criteria i dont know. Everytin about nija is terrible.
a player lik rabiu ibrahim who shld provide creativity is not in d team. We prefer to go wit old immobile men. Experience is needed but thats for players lik anelka n veron.
we'l just go watch world cup n not nigeria except if u want to stop watchin after 1st round.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Kgdavid(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2010
^^in the youth world cup i guess everyone was unhappy with Siasia for puttin Rabiu on the bench. but as time went on and rabiu eventuallly played i got to understand that rabiu is just not mature as a player. skilful as he may be, he has a tendency to disappear and contribute very little.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Everton 1-0 Newcastle: Alex Iwobi Comes To Lampard’s Rescue With A Late Goal / Aston Villa Confirm Signing Of Manchester United Defender, Tuanzebe On Loan / Tokyo Paralympics 2020: Nigeria Gets Second Gold Medal In Powerlifting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.