Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador (41722 Views)

Alex Iwobi Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Footballer Ever / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi For Taking Nigeria To The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by wale377(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2018
Just win World Cup that is my own

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Just2endowed2(m): 10:25pm On May 19, 2018
Lakeside79:
Fouani brothers are the major distributor of LG in Nigeria iwobi signed for Fouani brothers not LG point of correction

And please note the LG you buy here is very different from what is bought in countries like America , Canada or the entire Europe

Don't believe me please buy any LG product direct from any LG showroom, from their washing machines to, TV, home theater, etc check the model number now go and find the exact same.modle even used imported from any developed country or even go online.amd see the difference in build quality and features
I have checked this myself numerous times in the past hence I stopped buying LG here till I relocated I was buying only Samsung while in Nigeria

It's as if they step down the build quality of all the LG products and remove features then sell garbage to Nigerians

It's sad indeed

Same thing with KIA cars

Please don't believe me try it out yourself and you will.see that Nigerian standards organization is just a useless bring taking organization

It applied to almost all electronics..... For instance, the Romoss powerbank I sell is original but there are more substandard ones outside. Check my signature for original Romoss powerbank
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by mykero(m): 10:31pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nepotism..
Exactly 15years ago, his uncle Jay-Jay Okocha was an ambassador for LG phones

Is this now hereditary?

How can Alex Iwobi be an ambassador for LG Nigeria when he isn't even based in Nigeria?
How can he even play for the National team when he can't sing the National anthem?

Which way Nigeria?

you have a huge problem walahi.....you just dey play penalty go throwing up an Dan...... Yourself go wear jersey na otondo shebi you Sabi play

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nepotism..

Is this now hereditary?

How can Alex Iwobi be an ambassador for LG Nigeria when he isn't even based in Nigeria?
How can he even play for the National team when he can't sing the National anthem?

Which way Nigeria?

I never knew those goals his uncle Okocha scored for naija were as a result of knowing The National Anthem.

No wonder he has not scored a goal since joining the Super Eagles. grin

Now I know why the National Anthem is so important in international football.

Thanks for opening our eyes.

Sule grin

You've been spewing "jargons" since the first day you were born.

The person wey mix Wippo with water dem use baf you wen u were born is wicked. grin grin

Smh grin grin

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by oderinde151(m): 10:56pm On May 19, 2018
I play football more than this guy
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Asour: 11:13pm On May 19, 2018
miniziter:
This guy is doing things his uncle (Okocha) his uncle couldn't do.
In the early 2000s, Jayjay himself was an ambassador for LG electronics. I remember reading newspapers around 2003 and regularly seeing his pictures splashed on LG ads in the Guardian(Newspapers).

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by columbus007(m): 11:20pm On May 19, 2018
Lakeside79:
Fouani brothers are the major distributor of LG in Nigeria iwobi signed for Fouani brothers not LG point of correction

And please note the LG you buy here is very different from what is bought in countries like America , Canada or the entire Europe

Don't believe me please buy any LG product direct from any LG showroom, from their washing machines to, TV, home theater, etc check the model number now go and find the exact same.modle even used imported from any developed country or even go online.amd see the difference in build quality and features
I have checked this myself numerous times in the past hence I stopped buying LG here till I relocated I was buying only Samsung while in Nigeria

It's as if they step down the build quality of all the LG products and remove features then sell garbage to Nigerians

It's sad indeed

Same thing with KIA cars

Please don't believe me try it out yourself and you will.see that Nigerian standards organization is just a useless bring taking organization
you are right bro,i bought an Led tv from them it wasn't durable i noticed myself it was fake.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by laivwire(m): 11:57pm On May 19, 2018
Lakeside79:

It's sad indeed

Same thing with KIA cars

Its annoying and barbaric. Check their customer care centre and its always filled with customers bringing in their faulty gadgets. Same thing goes for other brands the current and annoying of them is Kelloggs Cornflakes. The imported packs were in town till about 2 months ago but have recently been replaced by flakes in polythene bags that taste like crap. I checked the body only to discover it is now manufactured in Nigeria.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Nobody: 12:00am On May 20, 2018
laivwire:

Its annoying and barbaric. Check their customer care centre and its always filled with customers bringing in their faulty gadgets. Same thing goes for other boys the current and annoying of them is Kelloggs Cornflakes. The imported packs were in town till about 2 months ago. They have now been replaced by flakes in polythene bags that taste like crap. I checked the body only to discover it is now manufactured in Nigeria.

My brother Nigeria is a failed state

The standard organization just go around collecting.bribes to allow the lowest possible standards

3hy do you think the likes of ITel, Tecno and Infinix can sell.their sub standard garbage phones here which they can't sell in China their own country ?

Because we have no standards

This country is a failed state
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by okachie1(m): 12:05am On May 20, 2018
Lakeside79:

It's sad indeed

Same thing with KIA cars

Spot on my brother! You nailed it, ndia egbugo anyi (Them don kills us)

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by JERRY1925(m): 4:52am On May 20, 2018
pyyxxaro:
So we shud fry transformer

let's fry transmission instead
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by caahies: 5:50am On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nepotism..

Is this now hereditary?

Which way Nigeria?

Go and set the pace so your siblings can enjoy when the grow.Nepotism isnt defined the way your unused brain is trying to define it.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:06am On May 20, 2018
Lakeside79:

It's sad indeed

Same thing with KIA cars

bro u are so on point...Ur observations are fertile but sadly i have to draw a clause..

If u say u reside abroad then it's only logical,expected that u should know better than u wrote there that it's not just LG that Does things of that nature but lets keep our toes on them.

U see to clarify the public I'm not an lg ambassador or distributor and i know also that when lg makes promo and they say everyone is invited it doesn't mean they are cheap,affordable it only meant to say we can accommodate all but can't satisfy all...

Back to the topic...I reside in Ireland and i have Netflix on my Lg webos TV set..Do u know that some channels aren't available here but if i change my location to let's say Croatia i will get Av u ever heard of American specs German edition Eu version etc Same applies to even phones..

My bro I'm not lashing out on u before u pick offense or launch a manhunt,set up committee or challenge me to a debate In front of IGP office..

I had to just speak for the sake of my people who might want to believe the product discrimination u posted up there..
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Rubiesangel: 6:32am On May 20, 2018
Lakeside79:

My brother Nigeria is a failed state

The standard organization just go around collecting.bribes to allow the lowest possible standards

3hy do you think the likes of ITel, Tecno and Infinix can sell.their sub standard garbage phones here which they can't sell in China their own country ?

Because we have no standards

This country is a failed state
no sir, those phones are not substandard, they are made to suit different levels of phone preferences ranging from lowest to highest. Which ever your preference, go for it.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by RZArecta2(m): 7:31am On May 20, 2018
Lakeside79:

It's sad indeed

Same thing with KIA cars

bad belle
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by akimoriyomi(m): 7:33am On May 20, 2018
Lakeside79:

It's sad indeed

Same thing with KIA cars

you went too far explaining this.. Even our Lipton is different from Canada's, not to talk of LG products
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Nobody: 8:12am On May 20, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
bro u are so on point...Ur observations are fertile but sadly i have to draw a clause..

If u say u reside abroad then it's only logical,expected that u should know better than u wrote there that it's not just LG that Does things of that nature but lets keep our toes on them.

U see to clarify the public I'm not an lg ambassador or distributor and i know also that when lg makes promo and they say everyone is invited it doesn't mean they are cheap,affordable it only meant to say we can accommodate all but can't satisfy all...

Back to the topic...I reside in Ireland and i have Netflix on my Lg webos TV set..Do u know that some channels aren't available here but if i change my location to let's say Croatia i will get Av u ever heard of American specs German edition Eu version etc Same applies to even phones..

My bro I'm not lashing out on u before u pick offense or launch a manhunt,set up committee or challenge me to a debate In front of IGP office..

I had to just speak for the sake of my people who might want to believe the product discrimination u posted up there..

Bro before I relocated , I still come into Nigeria occasionally for jobs I am a consultant in PR and business development

Secondly the standard variations you mentioned normally should be around certain features like wifigo not used here, Spotify and HBO streaming services not really used here and should not affect build quality , LG has a global build standard! What you find in Nigeria are far behind this build quality ! Tvs washing machines , home theaters all have way lower standard than what you find in any developed country

Why doesn't Samsung sell different build wuakitues from what you find in the same.models in developed countries here?

The Samsung phones and all their smart TVs, home theatres etc are the same build quality found globally don't believe me do your own research !!!!

Fouani brothers have been making a killing by selling far below soec LG products and people like you justify this illegal act that can only happen in Nigeria

Go to Egypt and see the quality of LG products sold there same with South Africa

Let's talk with facts!

Why doesn't Sony sell different build wuskitited here in Nigeria from those sold globally ?

The truth is clear as day light don't twist it

Go and check any LG washing machine sold in a developed country of the same weather climate take the model number now go check the features and cross check same model found here

Physically it might look similar now start checking all the functional features and build quality and you will see the truth

You will find not just missing features and parts totally but a general low standard as compared to those sold in other developed countries like south Africa , Tunisia, Egyot etc talkless of those sold in Western countries

This is a common practice found in under developed counties where corruption is the norm

You are better off buying imokrted used LG products than brand new from any LG center

At least that imoorted used one meets the best global standards

Why do you think the likes of Sony and Samsung do not have a Fouani brothers type of company representing them here?

They will not allow for their standards to be meddled with
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2018
Lakeside79:

Bro before I relocated , I still come into Nigeria occasionally for jobs I am a consultant in PR and business development

Secondly the standard variations you mentioned normally should be around certain features like wifigo not used here, Spotify and HBO streaming services not really used here and should not affect build quality , LG has a global build standard! What you find in Nigeria are far behind this build quality ! Tvs washing machines , home theaters all have way lower standard than what you find in any developed country

Why doesn't Samsung sell different build wuakitues from what you find in the same.models in developed countries here?

The Samsung phones and all their smart TVs, home theatres etc are the same build quality found globally don't believe me do your own research !!!!

Fouani brothers have been making a killing by selling far below soec LG products and people like you justify this illegal act that can only happen in Nigeria

Go to Egypt and see the quality of LG products sold there same with South Africa

Let's talk with facts!

Why doesn't Sony sell different build wuskitited here in Nigeria from those sold globally ?

The truth is clear as day light don't twist it

Go and check any LG washing machine sold in a developed country of the same weather climate take the model number now go check the features and cross check same model found here

Physically it might look similar now start checking all the functional features and build quality and you will see the truth

You will find not just missing features and parts totally but a general low standard as compared to those sold in other developed countries like south Africa , Tunisia, Egyot etc talkless of those sold in Western countries

This is a common practice found in under developed counties where corruption is the norm

You are better off buying imokrted used LG products than brand new from any LG center

At least that imoorted used one meets the best global standards

Why do you think the likes of Sony and Samsung do not have a Fouani brothers type of company representing them here?

They will not allow for their standards to be meddled with
to be elaborate is key...I agree with u completely u were able to calmly explain what u actually meant in your previous post..

Referencing me in 2nd post as to whether i like proliferation of substandard goods to fly in our society was a gross misconception from you.

Again i will allude to some points mentioned in your last post.

Can i honestly ask you few questions?? Please I'm already impressed with your submissions don't derail or destroy your ratings by lieing below..

1)Do you agree with me that there are original lgs in Nigeria??.Western standards as it were.

2)Do you even know that an average Nigerian doesn't actually care about those standards you crying for?.. Before you defend them sir...

Please explain to me why all over Nigeria people are already wearing the super Eagles nike jersery...Although it's yet to be released by nike officially..
The official date is may 26th and it will cost 85 usd per piece...

Now the argument is how many nigerians on the street will wanna buy a jersey for almost 40,000?? When u can get exact but low quality for 5k or less..

If nike will open a shop now in lagos reduce quality and sell cheap You will take it out on them instead of your government and economic policies..

We need to be factual and objective bro..A wiseman once told me not all of us will be kings..

We have mainland and islands,infrastructures,rentals,lifestyle and people u find in both areas is very distinctive..

I'm not saying u don't have a point regardless but not for a nation like ours..To direct ur analogy or complaints to our society is and was a misfire.

Perhaps we can honestly do a poll here..Ask Nigerians i mean honest nigerians not social media big boiz..

How many can buy super Eagles Jersey for 40k when all over Nigeria u already have it on wheelbarrows and self confessed big boutiques even if they haven't released it yet.

When i order mine as soon it's launched next week i post it here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Nobody: 9:26am On May 20, 2018
[i][/i] do
Livefreeordieha:
to be elaborate is key...I agree with u completely u were able to calmly explain what u actually meant in your previous post..

Referencing me in 2nd post as to whether i like proliferation of substandard goods to fly in our society was a gross misconception from you.

Again i will allude to some points mentioned in your last post.

Can i honestly ask you few questions?? Please I'm already impressed with your submissions don't derail or destroy your ratings by lieing below..

1)Do you agree with me that there are original lgs in Nigeria??.Western standards as it were.

2)Do you even know that an average Nigerian doesn't actually care about those standards you crying for?.. Before you defend them sir...

Please explain to me why all over Nigeria people are already wearing the super Eagles nike jersery...Although it's yet to be released by nike officially..
The official date is may 26th and it will cost 85 usd per piece...

Now the argument is how many nigerians on the street will wanna buy a jersey for almost 40,000?? When u can get exact but low quality for 5k or less..

If nike will open a shop now in lagos reduce quality and sell cheap You will take it out on them instead of your government and economic policies..

We need to be factual and objective bro..A wiseman once told me not all of us will be kings..

We have mainland and islands,infrastructures,rentals,lifestyle and people u find in both areas is very distinctive..

I'm not saying u don't have a point regardless but not for a nation like ours..To direct ur analogy or complaints to our society is and was a misfire.

Perhaps we can honestly do a poll here..Ask Nigerians i mean honest nigerians not social media big boiz..

How many can buy super Eagles Jersey for 40k when all over Nigeria u already have it on wheelbarrows and self confessed big boutiques even if they haven't released it yet.

When i order mine as soon it's launched next week i post it here.

I understand your points, succinct and coherent

Now I will answer as precise as possible

When we as a nation keep accepting the wrong asriht why future can we hope for?

Yes there are some LG prouts that meet the western standard here in Nigeria but they are so as used in second hand markets like Alaba because ty were imported

Thanks original ones fouani bought in Nigeria wasover 10 years ago when they first started...

I state again the LG products sold by fouani and very substandard and do not meet the global LG standards nigeians who are aware avoid LG here and by Samsung and Sony

As regards the jerseys these are low cost wearable items and besides cloned jerseys exist even in developed counties but people do no buy them there

I am asking about when you buy a 4k uhd tv expecting all the features you saw in the foreign advert only for the remote to look different and the funioms like eye motion etc to be missing from the build entiely yet you bought the very same model advertised but from an LG store

Now when key features are missing do you think the build qusity well last or the sound and picture quality wi'll be the same ?

My 4k tv here in my sitting room is the exact same one I have in the the USA same model but the picture quality is miles apart, the sound the fee of the build is more study , even though remote , fundtions etc

When I stream 4k content it shows even more than clear differences

I never recommend anyone to buy LG here in Nigeria buy Samsung instead and what you saw in he foreign advert is exactly when you get from picture quality to functions no changes , same with Sony

The quality you get in a Sony TV you bought from the sony cener here in Nigeria is the same you get from the exact model bought in any country in the world , same picture quality same crisp sound etc

I can't comment on clined jerseys as I have never patronized then , what I can't afford I don't buy. I never indulge in piracy !

Read my past posts, I dislike the act of piracy ! I only want what I can afford t the time if I want a movie and I can't get to see it or my netflix subscription is down I wait I don't pirate or engage in it

I have over 1000 album purchased over 2 decades all through iTunes I do not egage in torrenting or piracy

So I can't relate to your point about why Nigerans purchase cloned jerseys, I never got the memo where it stated explicitly one must wear a jersey one can't afford or where it states having a jersey is what makes you a true fan

I have been.a Lakers fan all my life I only own 2 jerseys
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:35am On May 20, 2018
Ajoboss:
bros who come ask u all these things went u dey transmit now...

The guy made a valid point, he said the quality of LG abroad is different from the one sold to us here in Nigeria and you think he is not making any sense. We are indeed our problem... We welcome sh1t with both hands and if someone says something sensible to inform us we say no we like the sh1t oyinbo is giving us, in fact , the sh1t is sweet. how do we expect to move forward in this country with this kind of slavery mentality? I refuse to think like people like you and having people like you as friends is a curse.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:03am On May 20, 2018
decatalyst:

I get your point bro and I perfectly understand the angle your point is coming from. But you should also take into consideration the different spec approved and sanctioned by the regulatory bodies of the regions (continent) these products are shipped and sold to.

The amount to be paid in the local market for these products are also a determinant when producing these products and that also is responsible for the price tag. Talk of price relativity

Also note that the so called products e.g phones, brought into the country from the 'advanced' countries have features that doesn't function here...because they are not made for here!

I would like to relocate and experience another clime...including the 'quality' that is there to enjoy. cool

Brother LG representative, you are not making any sense with this your defensive post. You cannot afford to cut corners in technology and claim that the ones used abroad must be different from the ones to be sold to third world countries.

You mentioned phones as an example... Please mention one feature/spec in the Iphone or samsung sold to Nigerians that is different from the ones sold to Americans? You also mentioned "price relativity" ...this also doesn't apply to technology products, what could make the price difference is not "price relativity" but the "exchange rate" which is the determining factor for the end user and not the predetermined price, price remain the same just as product quality, for LG to use this as an excuse is so pathetic. There is no difference in the price for an iPhone in USA and the ones sold in Nigeria because the quality is the same, this is what LG should embrace.

Finally, technology products are of same quality, price and value worldwide, there is nothing like "this phone spec cannot not work in Africa because the Africans cannot read and write or because Africans still live on trees, so they wouldn't know how to operate a phone". LG should stop taking us for a ride in Africa.

Please don't talk to me about phones that are locked to a Network, we are not talking about the Network but about the phone.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:32am On May 20, 2018
Lakeside79:
[i][/i] do

I understand your points, succinct and coherent

Now I will answer as precise as possible

When we as a nation keep accepting the wrong asriht why future can we hope for?

Yes there are some LG prouts that meet the western standard here in Nigeria but they are so as used in second hand markets like Alaba because ty were imported

Thanks original ones fouani bought in Nigeria wasover 10 years ago when they first started...

I state again the LG products sold by fouani and very substandard and do not meet the global LG standards nigeians who are aware avoid LG here and by Samsung and Sony

As regards the jerseys these are low cost wearable items and besides cloned jerseys exist even in developed counties but people do no buy them there

I am asking about when you buy a 4k uhd tv expecting all the features you saw in the foreign advert only for the remote to look different and the funioms like eye motion etc to be missing from the build entiely yet you bought the very same model advertised but from an LG store

Now when key features are missing do you think the build qusity well last or the sound and picture quality wi'll be the same ?

My 4k tv here in my sitting room is the exact same one I have in the the USA same model but the picture quality is miles apart, the sound the fee of the build is more study , even though remote , fundtions etc

When I stream 4k content it shows even more than clear differences

I never recommend anyone to buy LG here in Nigeria buy Samsung instead and what you saw in he foreign advert is exactly when you get from picture quality to functions no changes , same with Sony

The quality you get in a Sony TV you bought from the sony cener here in Nigeria is the same you get from the exact model bought in any country in the world , same picture quality same crisp sound etc

I can't comment on clined jerseys as I have never patronized then , what I can't afford I don't buy. I never indulge in piracy !

Read my past posts, I dislike the act of piracy ! I only want what I can afford t the time if I want a movie and I can't get to see it or my netflix subscription is down I wait I don't pirate or engage in it

I have over 1000 album purchased over 2 decades all through iTunes I do not egage in torrenting or piracy

So I can't relate to your point about why Nigerans purchase cloned jerseys, I never got the memo where it stated explicitly one must wear a jersey one can't afford or where it states having a jersey is what makes you a true fan

I have been.a Lakers fan all my life I only own 2 jerseys

Key features (for tv or phone) depend mostly on the law in a country. For example iPhone in Emirates are sold without the camera feature, there are countries where the iPhone is sold without the facial recognition or iPhone 8 without the possibility to unlock via fingerprint. iPhones are not cheap wearables. Besides there is no LG product that has not been imported except there is a factory in Nigeria producing them. So instead of doubting the quality standards of lg one should doubt the source of the so called distributors. We can talk of lesser quality when we talk of consumables because it is standard procedure that there is a set quality for each country. But that does not apply to durables as nobody will be keeping in their factories better and lower quality parts and also disgrace they brand name with it!!!!

I may have to introduce myself to you personally my friend..
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Nobody: 10:41am On May 20, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
Key features (for tv or phone) depend mostly on the law in a country. For example iPhone in Emirates are sold without the camera feature, there are countries where the iPhone is sold without the facial recognition or iPhone 8 without the possibility to unlock via fingerprint. iPhones are not cheap wearables. Besides there is no LG product that has not been imported except there is a factory in Nigeria producing them. So instead of doubting the quality standards of lg one should doubt the source of the so called distributors. We can talk of lesser quality when we talk of consumables because it is standard procedure that there is a set quality for each country. But that does not apply to durables as nobody will be keeping in their factories better and lower quality parts and also disgrace they brand name with it!!!!

I may have to introduce myself to you personally my friend..

It would be. Pleasure sir meeting you

As regards phones these are region specific saedosntappy o consumer house hold electronics except climate control devices like heaters and air conditioning units

Fouani brothers have destroyed the LG standard erein Nigeria like you rightly said one can only question the source not the brand LG television remains on of the best globally but these are not the same.builds sold here in Nigeria despite having the same model number.

I suspect Mr Ali Fouani and his brother purchase the blue prints then.contract the builds out to cheaper Chinese sweat.shops to replicate but with cheaper parts hence the clear differences in build quality between LG products in Nigeria and those sold globally

And unfortunately I am sure that standards organization gets good bribes
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by decatalyst(m): 10:43am On May 20, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

Brother LG representative, you are not making any sense with this your defensive post. You cannot afford to cut corners in technology and claim that the ones used abroad must be different from the ones to be sold to third world countries.

You mentioned phones as an example... Please mention one feature/spec in the Iphone or samsung sold to Nigerians that is different from the ones sold to Americans? You also mentioned "price relativity" ...this also doesn't apply to technology products, what could make the price difference is not "price relativity" but the "exchange rate" which is the determining factor for the end user and not the predetermined price, price remain the same just as product quality, for LG to use this as an excuse is so pathetic. There is no difference in the price for an iPhone in USA and the ones sold in Nigeria because the quality is the same, this is what LG should embrace.

Finally, technology products are of same quality, price and value worldwide, there is nothing like "this phone spec cannot not work in Africa because the Africans cannot read and write or because Africans still live on trees, so they wouldn't know how to operate a phone". LG should stop taking us for a ride in Africa.

Please don't talk to me about phones that are locked to a Network, we are not talking about the Network but about the phone.

So sorry bro, I don't have the time to elucidate...

But hey, you don't have to sound pained and subjective in order validate your point biko!
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Ajoboss(m): 10:57am On May 20, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

The guy made a valid point, he said the quality of LG abroad is different from the one sold to us here in Nigeria and you think he is not making any sense. We are indeed our problem... We welcome sh1t with both hands and if someone says something sensible to inform us we say no we like the sh1t oyinbo is giving us, in fact , the sh1t is sweet. how do we expect to move forward in this country with this kind of slavery mentality? I refuse to think like people like you and having people like you as friends is a curse.
bros y u trying to b relevant here?
If u actually read wat I asked u wnt spill dis rubbish from dat gutter of urs...
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:07am On May 20, 2018
[s]
Ajoboss:
bros y u trying to b relevant here?
If u actually read wat I asked u wnt spill dis rubbish from dat gutter of urs...
[/s]

No point found...no point made.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by bluke(m): 12:02pm On May 20, 2018
Lakeside79:

It's sad indeed

Same thing with KIA cars

Please don't believe me try it out yourself and you will.see that Nigerian standards organization is just a useless bribe taking organization

the products are from LG india.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Amuluonyenaego: 12:34pm On May 20, 2018
from money to money, Chaiiii, which kind life be dis.
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by xamuelotu(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nepotism..

Is this now hereditary?

Which way Nigeria?

stop transmitting anyhow, is he not a citizen of Nigeria? how many of ur senators can sing the national anthem? I doubt buhari can sing the national anthem after all he don't know the meaning of APC
Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by caprini1: 3:37pm On May 20, 2018
Livefreeordieha:

Every single home appliance,i am using us LG for the past 4yrs and none has ever given me issues,no matter how low the current is,my LG refrigerator always works fine,i think usage of electronic brands,is a choice..... LG for now for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:17pm On May 20, 2018
caprini1:
Every single home appliance,i am using us LG for the past 4yrs and none has ever given me issues,no matter how low the current is,my LG refrigerator always works fine,i think usage of electronic brands,is a choice..... LG for now for me.
like i mentioned in my previous quote to the lad...Lg promo says everyone is invited but it depends on how u can translate that...

I tried my best to communicate my angle to the guy...I'm glad people like u kinda understood my standings..I'm a fan of good durable tinz...And above all i believe pay now and av a good rest not buy shiiittt and complain like u paid like me..It's like u know u are ugly by looking at the mirror and u still go out and blame ur shadow for being ugly..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Celebrates Christmas With Family In Adorable Photos / Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona / Breaking News: Nff Building Is On Fire (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.