Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? (16842 Views)

50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. / 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 6:53am On May 20, 2018
Considering the transportation in the city of Lagos from Mainland to island daily?

Note: I make at least 3k daily with my side hussle to sustain me.

5 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 6:57am On May 20, 2018
forreelinc:
Ask your father

Bros no be fight na, I dey ask question.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:57am On May 20, 2018
Nope bro.

400k above is the basic

38 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by GavelSlam: 7:48am On May 20, 2018
Depends.

If the role is in tandem with your career goals and you don't have dependants you might take the position.

Could be an IT role which would expose you to the intricacies of real world applications.

Could be a legal role, working with a senior advocate or highly respected luminary.

If you can relate to these examples, accept the job, knuckle down hard and work.

18 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by CaptainStephen(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2018
Many are earning less from my observations so take it. money isn't everything all the time.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 5:23pm On May 20, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Many are earning less from my observations so take it. money isn't everything all the time.

Truth, even npower is 30k per month. I will be spending about 1200 daily on transport excluding feeding that's why I asked the question.

3 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by raphemmanuel(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2018
statistical:

Truth, even npower is 30k per month. I will be spending about 1200 daily on transport excluding feeding that's why I asked the question.
You said #1,200 is for transportation excluding feeding.

My little analysis:
If you work from Mon-Sat.

Let's say we have 30days in a month, excluding Sundays we now have 26 days.

Let's add #300 for feeding(its not possible to work the whole day with empty stomach) to the #1,200 transportation cost making it #1,500/day

i.e. #1,500 X 26days = #39,000
If you substrate #39,000 from #50,000 u are now left with #11,000 as savings.

If you work from Mon-Fri.
Let's say we have 30days in a month, excluding Saturdays and Sundays we now have 22 days.

Let's add #300 for feeding to the #1,200 transportation cost making it #1,500/day

i.e. #1,500 X 22days = #33,000
If you substrate #33,000 from #50,000 u are now left with #17,000 as savings.

Now compare this #11,000 and #17,000 savings u will make from the savings u also made on your daily #3,000 hassle for a month. And draw your conclusion considering other factors too like less stress, having ur own time for other things, etc.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by lilmax(m): 11:42pm On May 20, 2018
lol ,not close.....came into Lagos after i graduated, earning 580k ,still wasn't enough, had to quit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by raphemmanuel(m): 11:55pm On May 20, 2018
lilmax:
lol ,not close.....came into Lagos after i graduated, earning 580k ,still wasn't enough, had to quit
u mean five hundred and eighty thousand naira (580,000) per month or per year

31 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by lilmax(m): 11:59pm On May 20, 2018
raphemmanuel:
u mean five hundred and eighty thousand naira (580,000) per month or per year
per month of course

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by magnumwhales(m): 1:44am On May 21, 2018
lilmax:
per month of course
you are just a pathological liar

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 2:22am On May 21, 2018
raphemmanuel:

My little analysis:

Let's add #300 for feeding(its not possible to work the whole day with empty stomach) to the #1,200 transportation cost making it #1,500/day

Thanks bro for your critical and apt analysis. I will try to cut cost by looking around to squate with a friend that will be closer to the working place. Atleast to have some offline job doing for the main time before the big shot rolls in.

Let's say we have 30days in a month, excluding Saturdays and Sundays we now have 22 days.

Let's add #300 for feeding to the #1,200 transportation cost making it #1,500/day

Now compare this #11,000 and #17,000 savings u will make from the savings u also made on your daily #3,000 hassle for a month. And draw your conclusion considering other factors too like less stress, having ur own time for other things, etc.
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 2:23am On May 21, 2018
raphemmanuel:

My little analysis:

Thanks bro for your critical and apt analysis. I will try to cut cost by looking around to squate with a friend that will be closer to the working place. Atleast to have some offline job doing for the main time before the big shot rolls in.

9 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by CaptainStephen(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2018
statistical:

i get but would you rather stay at home doing nothing

5 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 9:10am On May 21, 2018
CaptainStephen:
i get but would you rather stay at home doing nothing

No be lie bro..Staying home is worst off

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Goddyss(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2018

35 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 2:12pm On May 21, 2018
Goddyss:
Sometimes, staying at home is better than undergoing daily stress that probably adds nothing to one's career objective. The 17,000 savings is not worth it especially if the job doesn't further your career objective.

Besides, employers shun employees from attending job interview while on the employment contract. You only restrict yourself from further opportunities by subjecting yourself to servitude without benefits.

I practically rejected a job of salary of 45,000 where my take home will be 33,000. I got rent to pay and man must always eat.

Sometimes it's better to face your worst fear and be at home knowing fully well you are jobless than subject yourself to needless servitude
Na true sha but the more you are less busy or stay home, the more fustration will start coming and you know the rest

20 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by CaptainStephen(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2018
statistical:

No be lie bro..Staying home is worst off
my thoughts exactly.

5 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Blaqqprince(m): 10:19pm On May 21, 2018
Stop making these CV errors and greatly increase your chances of getting a job.

A lot of people do not know why they are not getting invited for an interview or why after several interviews they remain unsuccessful.

Your CV is actually the written form of yourself. It gives the interviewer a sense of your personality and while you get an invite for the interview, they want to know if you reflect or have everything stated on your CV. It is an opportunity to sell yourself the best way you can, projecting yourself as being very valuable.

This applies to everyone; students looking for internships, fresh graduates, youth corps members and experienced individuals.

Stop making the following errors:

1. Typographical/Grammatical errors. It is unpardonable and a turn off for almost all employers

2. Including skills you cannot defend. This makes you look stupid at interviews. For example, stating that you are proficient in Microsoft word and you don't know what a single or double line spacing is.

3. House address outside the city the role is situated. Most employers trash your CV if they see this. For example using an address in Ikorodu for a job at Lekki. It's better you find a friend’s address around the job location.

4. When you don’t update your CV to reflect recent experience. Make this a deliberate action to always update your CV with new training, new roles, new volunteering jobs, new skills etc.

5. Not highlighting the experience that relates to the job you are applying for. Remove all unrelated experience and use only those that match the skills required for the job.

6. Using the same CV for different roles is a No No unless is a job in a related industry. You may need some tweaking to fit the role.

Try to fix your CV for the above errors, but if you need a professional to do a thorough fix, overhaul or upgrade of your CV for a fee, whether you are a student, graduate, or experienced worker, send a mail to greenvestconsult@gmail.com with the subject "CV Fix" and I will personally get back to you.

#CVPro
#NelsonChukwu
#GreenvestConsult
#PassionForDevelopment

5 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by consultmal97(m): 3:46pm On May 22, 2018
I was once in this shoe,it not fair with living expenses in lagos,but at least it still better than none,if you don't have an option pls take it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by peacengine(m): 9:14am On May 23, 2018
Guy take the job! When you start work you will see other routes to add to ur income. You will even find somewhere close by to squat and save more.

5 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 10:54am On May 23, 2018
peacengine:
Guy take the job! When you start work you will see other routes to add to ur income. You will even find somewhere close by to squat and save more.
Thanks. I will keep on trying other options too

2 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Ijaya123: 7:43am On May 24, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Unlimited22: 7:43am On May 24, 2018
statistical:

Bros no be fight na, I dey ask question.
grin grin grin grin grin
We are all mad in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Tychamps(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2018
With economic situation, it is fair work and not sit at home

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Unlimited22: 7:45am On May 24, 2018
lilmax:
per month of course
My brother when you lie, even the devil comes with his notepad and pencil to take notes.

21 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by owomida1: 7:45am On May 24, 2018
Better than zero

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 24, 2018
Bro, start with it while you look for better offers

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 24, 2018
magnumwhales:
grin
magnumwhales:

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Riogeese(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2018
shocked
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Oluwabenjamin(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2018
It's a suitable job so far you're not paying house rent, buying clothes, you don't have siblings, buying food, drinking beer, paying for transport and most importantly
IF yOU NO GET BABE grin

Make I chop In peace o jare sigh

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nysc Certificate No. / October Payment Stopped Temporarily, Partial Payment Made / Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.