Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? (16839 Views)

50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. / 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 24, 2018
lilmax:
lol ,not close.....came into Lagos after i graduated, earning 580k ,still wasn't enough, had to quit
You came to Lagos after graduating, landed a job of 580k outright as starting salary. It wasn't enough so you had to quit the job. Lolzzzz, all liers shall go to....

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:35pm On May 24, 2018
Worksunlimited:

Very true.. Buh that's the reality.. Ideally, he should save the 11/17k buh we are living in a society in constant flux.

Especially in Lagos. Transportation prices aren't always constant.
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by emecheboy2(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2018
Take the job but make sure you move to another level before a year. upgrade your skills and be the best in what you do. meanwhile you will not be able to help/assist anyone in your family/friends because of your limitations.

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by erico2k2(m): 2:27pm On May 24, 2018
forreelinc:

grin that is not your mom said last nite
Kia your case worse pass lack moral up bringIng.so U dey do Old people too Wow . One granny dey nxt door to us.you might like her too .
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Worksunlimited: 2:39pm On May 24, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Especially in Lagos. Transportation prices aren't always comstant.

Very True...

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by encryptjay(m): 2:50pm On May 24, 2018
kepal99:
No be quarrel na? This country sef
I tire ooo. Must people comment if they're in a bad mood?
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 5:27pm On May 24, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
@statistical. From personal experience, I'd say you should take it. All you need to do is learn how to manage it. But very importantly, though, try to get an accommodation closer to work. It would keep you sane. Also, work as though it was a 500k per month job. Dedication doesn't hide. When your employers see how committed you are to the job, you'll grow on it speedily. There's nothing more valuable in an organisation than dedicated workers, who know what they are doing.

That 50k won't be 50k forever.

Seriously is not funny. I got the job on Island part of Lagos. As it is now, I'm squatting in my new work place will only be going home weekend to save cost.
I finished service last month though. Very fresh in labour market

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 5:31pm On May 24, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
@statistical. From personal experience, I'd say you should take it. All you need to do is learn how to manage it. But very importantly, though, try to get an accommodation closer to work. It would keep you sane. Also, work as though it was a 500k per month job. Dedication doesn't hide. When your employers see how committed you are to the job, you'll grow on it speedily. There's nothing more valuable in an organisation than dedicated workers, who know what they are doing.

Seriously is not funny. I got the job at Victoria Island of Lagos . As it is now, I'm squatting in my new work place will only be going home weekend to save cost.
I finished service last month though. Very fresh in labour market, I don't want to have the taste of unemployment at all.

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 5:33pm On May 24, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Seriously is not funny. I got the job at Victoria Island of Lagos . As it is now, I'm now squatting at my new work place and will only be going home on weekend just to save cost and for experience.
I finished service last month though. Very fresh in labour market, I don't want to have the taste of unemployment at all.

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:36pm On May 24, 2018
statistical:

Seriously is not funny. I got the job at Victoria Island of Lagos . As it is now, I'm now squatting at my new work place and will only be going home on weekend just to save cost and for experience.

Great. Make the most of it while looking out for better opportinities. But just make sure you're dedicated while at it.

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by sweetilicious(f): 7:17pm On May 24, 2018
Goddyss:
Sometimes, staying at home is better than undergoing daily stress that probably adds nothing to one's career objective. The 17,000 savings is not worth it especially if the job doesn't further your career objective.

Besides, employers shun employees from attending job interview while on the employment contract. You only restrict yourself from further opportunities by subjecting yourself to servitude without benefits.

I practically rejected a job of salary of 45,000 where my take home will be 33,000. I got rent to pay and man must always eat.

Sometimes it's better to face your worst fear and be at home knowing fully well you are jobless than subject yourself to needless servitude
With this,i bet you will make a bad mentor except you change your mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by SirBunky85(m): 8:53pm On May 24, 2018
lilmax:
lol ,not close.....came into Lagos after i graduated, earning 580k ,still wasn't enough, had to quit
lai mohammed spotted

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by DaGeneral(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2018
If it's in-line with your career aspirations, I will say take it else bolt my guy..work has to be enjoyable, fulfilling and satisfying first irrespective of remuneration else the frustration of being on the wrong job with annoying pay can hang you unclad. I started with 30k going from Ago Palace way to Sango Ota (na their I learn how to use biscuit soak garri just to make ends meet cos is was a biscuit factory).it was hell,i leave home by 4am and return past 12am the next day(7am-7pm) cos this was the height of bad road around Ilepo/Abule Egba axis but I needed the experience.6months later I got an offer of 90k and 19months later I was negotiating salary with confidence somewhere else and moved. I am not there yet but far far away from where I started. Guy nobody here go ask for your account number wey month end o..so use your tongue count your teeth cos life na per head. I no come Lagos come read Linda Ikeji Blog o.

5 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by statistical: 2:00pm On May 27, 2018
DaGeneral:
If it's in-line with your career aspirations, I will say take it else bolt my guy..work has to be enjoyable, fulfilling and satisfying first irrespective of remuneration else the frustration of being on the wrong job with annoying pay can hang you unclad. I started with 30k going from Ago Palace way to Sango Ota (na their I learn how to use biscuit soak garri just to make ends meet cos is was a biscuit factory).it was hell,i leave home by 4am and return past 12am the next day(7am-7pm) cos this was the height of bad road around Ilepo/Abule Egba axis but I needed the experience.6months later I got an offer of 90k and 19months later I was negotiating salary with confidence somewhere else and moved. I am not there yet but far far away from where I started. Guy nobody here go ask for your account number wey month end o..so use your tongue count your teeth cos life na per head. I no come Lagos come read Linda Ikeji Blog o.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nysc Certificate No. / Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc / October Payment Stopped Temporarily, Partial Payment Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.