Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? (16841 Views)

50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. / 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by forreelinc(m): 9:13am On May 24, 2018
mercenary:
Must you display your low IQ here?

grin ask your father
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by forreelinc(m): 9:14am On May 24, 2018
blaqroy:

Must u involve his father?
grin ask your father
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by harrwix(m): 9:19am On May 24, 2018
myxxdenyi:

like Wat I m going thru now. I m even ashamed to eat or come out of my room.. God help me out

I can relate. Just be strong and consistent in your search. Your work status wouldn't last forever

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Ibrahim505(m): 9:26am On May 24, 2018
Take the job, work harder and smarter to the extent your employer believes the organization will have lower value and productivity without you. You can then ask for 100% pay raise and see how they will plead with you to collect 50%.
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Worksunlimited: 9:33am On May 24, 2018
raphemmanuel:
You said #1,200 is for transportation excluding feeding.

My little analysis:
If you work from Mon-Sat.

Let's say we have 30days in a month, excluding Sundays we now have 26 days.

Let's add #300 for feeding(its not possible to work the whole day with empty stomach) to the #1,200 transportation cost making it #1,500/day

i.e. #1,500 X 26days = #39,000
If you substrate #39,000 from #50,000 u are now left with #11,000 as savings.

If you work from Mon-Fri.
Let's say we have 30days in a month, excluding Saturdays and Sundays we now have 22 days.

Let's add #300 for feeding to the #1,200 transportation cost making it #1,500/day

i.e. #1,500 X 22days = #33,000
If you substrate #33,000 from #50,000 u are now left with #17,000 as savings.

Now compare this #11,000 and #17,000 savings u will make from the savings u also made on your daily #3,000 hassle for a month. And draw your conclusion considering other factors too like less stress, having ur own time for other things, etc.

You are excluding him buying recharge cards, subbing for data, buying clothes and shoes, taking himself out from time to time, helping friends out, chilling with guys from time to time (in this space and time, no friend wants a friend as a liability any longer) , sorting parents and siblings, amongst other things..

If you throw in those things into the calculation, you would realise his savings per month would drop significantly....

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Worksunlimited: 9:37am On May 24, 2018
Oluwabenjamin:
It's a suitable job so far you're not paying house rent, buying clothes, you don't have siblings, buying food, drinking beer, paying for transport and most importantly
IF yOU NO GET BABE grin

Make I chop In peace o jare sigh

Honestly, there is someone I know that is earning 78k, all he manages to save is 30k per month. The trick and truth is to just save no matter how small..

4 Likes

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Viruscod3d: 9:41am On May 24, 2018
With
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by bigpicture001: 10:17am On May 24, 2018
statistical:
Considering the transportation in the city of Lagos from Mainland to island daily?

Note: I make at least 3k daily with my side hussle to sustain me.
..side huzle,or corupt practice at work place
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by samlake(m): 10:19am On May 24, 2018
U said u make 3k a day,why not focus on dat...u end up getting 90k monthly, then u can reinvest instead of stressing ursef...
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by latbas(m): 10:42am On May 24, 2018
no and never
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Ohraybs(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2018
magnumwhales:
you are just a pathological liar

You really a cool liar with Ph.D to show for it.....If i may ask,quit job to go start wetin..Armed Robbery or Fraud
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by sprints1: 10:49am On May 24, 2018
Worksunlimited:

Honestly, there is someone I know that is earning 78k, all he manages to save is 30k per month. The trick and truth is to just save no matter how small..

true talk but this era were things are getting expensive day by day and unforseen circumstances springing up anyhow...one needs to invest ur savings...u can't rely on saving 300k per year in Lagos...u need to invest part of it...
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by djmosaino: 10:55am On May 24, 2018
statistical:

Bros no be fight na, I dey ask question.
So, google no dey again?
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Worksunlimited: 11:00am On May 24, 2018
sprints1:
true talk but this era were things are getting expensive day by day and unforseen circumstances springing up anyhow...one needs to invest ur savings...u can't rely on saving 300k per year in Lagos...u need to invest part of it...

True.. But what can one invest in? fraudulent activities is on an all time high this era..
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by jay4rhyme: 11:02am On May 24, 2018
GavelSlam:
Depends.

If the role is in tandem with your career goals and you don't have dependents you might take the position.

Could be an IT role which would expose you to the intricacies of real-world applications.

Could be a legal role, working with a senior advocate or highly respected luminary.

If you can relate to these examples, accept the job, knuckle down hard and work.

Simple, nothing else to add

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:09am On May 24, 2018
magnumwhales:
you are just a pathological liar

LMAO! Someone help me. I'm hysterical right now! grin grin grin grin
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:17am On May 24, 2018
Worksunlimited:

You are excluding him buying recharge cards, subbing for data, buying clothes and shoes, taking himself out from time to time, helping friends out, chilling with guys from time to time (in this space and time, no friend wants a friend as a liability any longer) , sorting parents and siblings, amongst other things..

If you throw in those things into the calculation, you would realise his savings per month would drop significantly....

If you factor all that in, there'll be no savings actually. He might even borrow at some point.
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:23am On May 24, 2018
@statistical. From personal experience, I'd say you should take it. All you need to do is learn how to manage it. But very importantly, though, try to get an accommodation closer to work. It would keep you sane. Also, work as though it was a 500k per month job. Dedication doesn't hide. When your employers see how committed you are to the job, you'll grow on it speedily. There's nothing more valuable in an organisation than dedicated workers, who know what they are doing.

That 50k won't be 50k forever.

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by myke92(m): 11:28am On May 24, 2018
The word here is "suitable", and suitability is relative, depending on the individual involved, a fairer word would be "manageable".. And yes, it's is indeed manageable for a start,

My suggestion is, if it offers you some valuable experience with potentials for career growth, then don't be scared, just "Manage" it.
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by sprints1: 11:38am On May 24, 2018
Worksunlimited:

True.. But what can one invest in? fraudulent activities is on an all time high this era..
u gatz wise... people making a lot from this so called fraudulent acts... check the internet and search well
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Worksunlimited: 11:39am On May 24, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

If you factor all that in, there'll be no savings actually. He might even borrow at some point.

Very true.. Buh that's the reality.. Ideally, he should save the 11/17k buh we are living in a society in constant flux.

1 Like

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Worksunlimited: 11:42am On May 24, 2018
sprints1:
u gatz wise... people making a lot from this so called fraudulent acts... check the internet and search well

It is well..
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by zicoraads: 11:43am On May 24, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
@statistical. From personal experience, I'd say you should take it. All you need to do is learn how to manage it. But very importantly, though, try to get an accommodation closer to work. It would keep you sane. Also, work as though it was a 500k per month job. Dedication doesn't hide. When your employers see how committed you are to the job, you'll grow on it speedily. There's nothing more valuable in an organisation than dedicated workers, who know what they are doing.

That 50k won't be 50k forever.
#Word

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Gmajor(m): 11:44am On May 24, 2018
forreelinc:
Ask your father
How about if we ask your father instead?
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by chisure: 11:44am On May 24, 2018
It depends on the area,it is always good to have an experience. Little beginnings matter.
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 24, 2018
it depends,cos every Man get price
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Gmajor(m): 11:47am On May 24, 2018
statistical:
Considering the transportation in the city of Lagos from Mainland to island daily?

Note: I make at least 3k daily with my side hussle to sustain me.
Bros what type of side hussle are you into?
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by forreelinc(m): 11:52am On May 24, 2018
Gmajor:

How about if we ask your father instead?
grin na me ask question? oponu
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Camberlo(m): 1:19pm On May 24, 2018
My dear, I would advise you to take it even if it doesn't pay now.

The chance may be you will meet better person while doing this.

Plus experience matter this days, instead of sitting redundant at home and some bad guys would introduce your to carrying cocaine to Europe and etc
Re: Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? by Bigval5: 1:21pm On May 24, 2018
rims4emmy:
u r not serious. do u know how many graduate are roaming the street of lagos without a job. some are even begging for a job of 40k just to leave the house and take care of their daily needs are u r asking a foolish question if 50k is enough for a fresh graduate. 50k is not enough, go for 500k. IDIOT

The OP only asked a question now.. why using abusive words?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nysc Certificate No. / Job Vacancies At Cornerstone Insurance Plc / October Payment Stopped Temporarily, Partial Payment Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.