Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:37 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft (3598 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When You Visit A New Church You Don't Know About / RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Maestro21: 1:19am On May 22, 2018
5thElement:

Mention one of the twelve disciples that died a rich man.

Stop being ignorant. People be praying for the Blessings of Abraham but are not ready to face the test he faced

Mention just one portion of the Gospel where Jesus praised riches. Just one.

Another question being asked from a position of error. You cannot ask me when 2+2 became 5 because it was never true to begin with.

Jesus’ disciples were largely successful individuals priori to meeting him. And he did not chase them away. Did you not wonder why when he told them it was easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a needle than the rich to enter the kingdom of God they were surprised? Because they felt he was shading them. They asked “who then can be saved?”.

If you doubt me, ask yourself why Jesus told them when they go preaching they should not go with silver or gold. If you don’t understand my question then think of it this way; if I say to you don’t go about preaching with your private Jet, I wager your response to me will be, “I don’t have any private jet to begin with”. So Jesus knew who he was talking to when he said don’t go with your silver and Gold.

Again, when a very expensive perfume was used on Jesus and Judas complained. His argument was that it should have been sold and given to the POOR (which means he did not consider himself poor). What was Jesus’ response? He said THE POOR you would always have with you. Which means Jesus himself did not consider himself as poor.

If you are against the over-emphasis on material wealth, then you are right and I support you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 6:41am On May 22, 2018
InansBobo:
Tithe existed before the law, during the law and after the law
the law has been in existence ever since God created adam and eve.
Thou shall surely die if thou eat from....
That is the law, the universal law

You disobey God you have break the law, then you die the death(according to jesus) or face purnishment its as simple as that.

Now, tithing is a different thing
Tithing was not a universal law, it was a jewish law only meant for the jewish tribe alone just like we have yoruba or hausa traditional laws.
Now, you dont expect the jews to pick any of the nigerian yoruba, igbo or hausa traditional laws do you?
Then why are you nigerians now picking their tithe laws?
Are you not willingly submitting to slavery like that?

Just know that God never created traditional laws humans do.
God only wanted us to obey the universal law of love God with your heart and love your neighbour as yourself thats all.
Any pastor quoting old testament asking you to do otherwise or obey jewish tithe law is a thief
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by DabuIIIT: 7:41am On May 22, 2018
5thElement:

Oh by the way, the parable of the Lazarus and the rich man did not make any mention that Abraham was in Heaven.

I guess your pastor didn't point that out to you.

WHAT BLASPHEMY!
WHAT HERESY!

Code templar,you would do well to ignore this agent of darkness.
BEWARE,LEST YE ROPE YOURSELF IN BLASPHEMY AND HERESY AND DARKNESS!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2018
5thElement:

The implication of what you just wrote is that Jesus lied.
he didn't lie because he didn't say he lacked anything, that he said he has no place to lay his head was because his ministry later transmitted into itinerary.
For as long as he was a carpenter, was he staying in the bush?
Remember, his ministry lasted for just 3yrs so the first 30yrs must have been in his HOUSE and probably he started his itinerary later and lef5 his house. (Can you be going all through the whole Nigeria preaching and have houses all over?) It was after he left capernaun and preached throughout Israel that he had no house but for the time he stayed at Capernaun, he had a house. Do you even measure riches by house acquisition??
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by HigherEd: 7:58am On May 22, 2018
5thElement:

Mention one of the twelve disciples that died a rich man.

Stop being ignorant. People be praying for the Blessings of Abraham but are not ready to face the test he faced

Mention just one portion of the Gospel where Jesus praised riches. Just one.
Well Oyedepo isn't one of the twelve disciples, Is he? Neither were the disciples the only Christians that were serving God. I have highlighted Christians that were rich during the NT and that's what matters.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 8:23am On May 22, 2018
paxonel:
the law has been in existence ever since God created adam and eve.
Thou shall surely die if thou eat from....
That is the law, the universal law

You disobey God you have break the law, then you die the death(according to jesus) or face purnishment its as simple as that.

Now, tithing is a different thing
Tithing was not a universal law, it was a jewish law only meant for the jewish tribe alone just like we have yoruba or hausa traditional laws.
Now, you dont expect the jews to pick any of the nigerian yoruba, igbo or hausa traditional laws do you?
Then why are you nigerians now picking their tithe laws?
Are you not willingly submitting to slavery like that?

Just know that God never created traditional laws humans do.
God only wanted us to obey the universal law of love God with your heart and love your neighbour as yourself thats all.
Any pastor quoting old testament asking you to do otherwise or obey jewish tithe law is a thief
what really pains you about tithing
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2018
InansBobo:
what really pains you about tithing
i have already said that it is a fraud
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 22, 2018
DabuIIIT:

WHAT BLASPHEMY!
WHAT HERESY!

Code templar,you would do well to ignore this agent of darkness.
BEWARE,LEST YE ROPE YOURSELF IN BLASPHEMY AND HERESY AND DARKNESS!

What do you know? Absolutely nothing. I understand that it is usually a herculean task for most Nigerians to make use of the blob nested in their cranium when it comes to religion.

The foregoing was in response to your silly outburst.

Now let me school you.

First go back and read the account of the parable in question (you do own a bible, right?)

Then quote exactly that portion that stated that the poor man went to heaven after he died.

While you are searching for that, here's a little something you've probably never thought of

The Bible says the poor man went to Abraham's bosom.

Abraham's bosom is different from heaven.

Here's why

If Abraham was in heaven at that point, then what exactly is the point to the crucifixion of Christ if good people could get to heaven anyways without the sacrifice on the cross.

It is believed by Christians that Christ's death opened the gate to heaven.

So how did Abraham get to heaven before the death of Jesus?

Exactly! Abraham's bosom is different from heaven.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2018
paxonel:
i have already said that it is a fraud
ok, that's to you but giving back to God just 10% of what he's given me seems too small sef, so, aside tithe, I'd still give to support the poor, evangelism etc so far Jehovah gives me the resources. it's a choice matter, my pastor doesn't force anyone to pay tithe, he's never said its a sin but we'd do it and it won't affect negatively
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2018
InansBobo:
ok, that's to you but giving back to God just 10% of what he's given me seems too small sef, so, aside tithe, I'd still give to support the poor, evangelism etc so far Jehovah gives me the resources. it's a choice matter, my pastor doesn't force anyone to pay tithe, he's never said its a sin but we'd do it and it won't affect negatively
they tell you when you give you are giving to God.
Is God the one spending the money?
The one who is spending the money is using the money to acquire and maintain private jet for himself you are here believing that you are giving to God.

Now here this! God is a spirit, spirits does not need human money ok.
Its only humans that can spend human money .

With this you can understand why your pastor dont need to force you to comply.
You comply because it is already in your belief system.

Now, if these pastors are collecting this money from you people and they are teaching you people exactly what is in the bible no wahalla, nobody will critize them.
That means they are doing the job for which they are paid.
But if the case is that, they are twisting bible for you preventing you people from building your personal intelligence and know the truth and set yourselves free just like what they are currently doing?(because everything they say, lie or truth, you will accept because you so reference them)
Then, certainly they are fraudulent people, flee from them, you wount understand.
I was there before
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 9:50pm On May 22, 2018
paxonel:
they tell you when you give you are giving to God.
Is God the one spending the money?
The one who is spending the money is using the money to acquire and maintain private jet for himself you are here believing that you are giving to God.

Now here this! God is a spirit, spirits does not need human money ok.
Its only humans that can spend human money .

With this you can understand why your pastor dont need to force you to comply.
You comply because it is already in your belief system.

Now, if these pastors are collecting this money from you people and they are teaching you people exactly what is in the bible no wahalla, nobody will critize them.
That means they are doing the job for which they are paid.
But if the case is that, they are twisting bible for you preventing you people from building your personal intelligence and know the truth and set yourselves free just like what they are currently doing?(because everything they say, lie or truth, you will accept because you so reference them)
Then, certainly they are fraudulent people, flee from them, you wount understand.
I was there before
when the disciples were tithing, was it sent to heaven or was it God that spent the tithe or ate it... The mystery behind the tithe is tithing by faith and not the physical ascertion people give
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 8:14am On May 23, 2018
InansBobo:
when the disciples were tithing, was it sent to heaven or was it God that spent the tithe or ate it... The mystery behind the tithe is tithing by faith and not the physical ascertion people give
there was no mystery behind tithing among the jews in the old testament. The jews were mandated to tithe because they had covenant with God as at that time before christ came and there was supernatural blessing from God to any jew who complied but not today anymore.
Even today jews dont know anything about tithing talkless of paying (google it) and God is blessing them like any other nation.
Yes, tithing was done by the jewish faith(judaism) but not in christian faith. Therefore it is fraud to introduce tithing in christian faith
There is no scriptural bases to support that your acertion that the disciples were tithing.
If there was anything like that in the bible the disciples who were involved did it out of ignorance and they were corrected.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 3:52pm On May 23, 2018
paxonel:
there was no mystery behind tithing among the jews in the old testament. The jews were mandated to tithe because they had covenant with God as at that time before christ came and there was supernatural blessing from God to any jew who complied but not today anymore.
Even today jews dont know anything about tithing talkless of paying (google it) and God is blessing them like any other nation.
Yes, tithing was done by the jewish faith(judaism) but not in christian faith. Therefore it is fraud to introduce tithing in christian faith
There is no scriptural bases to support that your acertion that the disciples were tithing.
If there was anything like that in the bible the disciples who were involved did it out of ignorance and they were corrected.
I can't continue to argue because I know no matter what I write, you wont be convinced and I won't either (though not paying tithe yet as per not earning yet) but I believe in tithing...
I'd rather live as if there is a God and later discover there's non than to live as if there's non and later discover and discover there is ...-
Albert Camus
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 4:42pm On May 23, 2018
InansBobo:
I can't continue to argue because I know no matter what I write, you wont be convinced and I won't either (though not paying tithe yet as per not earning yet) but I believe in tithing...
w

I'd rather live as if there is a God and later discover there's non than to live as if there's non and later discover and discover there is ...-
Albert Camus
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 4:48pm On May 23, 2018
InansBobo:
whether you are convince or not it does not change the truth that you cant continue argue again because there are no scriptural basis for your believe in tithe, that you deliberately and willingly choose to believe in tithe(reasons best known to you) irrespective of the scriptural contrary realities on ground.

Albert Camus
it does not come to this!
a christian who knows his right and does not pay tithe does not mean that he do not believe that God exist.

As a matter of fact it far more better to live a free christian void of any form of financial slavery than to live as a christian who continually pay some regular finanacial tribute to a fellow christian because he is ignorant

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? / Our Sins Have Been Washed Away By Believing In The Genuine Gospel / Most Interesting Bible Verses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.