Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft (3473 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When You Visit A New Church You Don't Know About / RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 20, 2018
InansBobo:
Am worshipping no one Oga.
I may not step my foot in the private jet but I would become all God wants me to become. hope you know that?

What if all God wants you to be is a poor man. Are you ready to say "thy will be done?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 7:23pm On May 20, 2018
5thElement:

What if all God wants you to be is a poor man. Are you ready to say "thy will be done?"
According to his promises to me he said: I wish above all that thou mayest PROSPER and be in good health...
so his plan for me is to prosper but peradventure....let his will be done because I can't have anything except it's given me from above

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 20, 2018
InansBobo:
According to his promises to me he said: I wish above all that thou mayest PROSPER and be in good health...
so his plan for me is to prosper but peradventure....let his will be done because I can't have anything except it's given me from above

Oh really? He told you that uh?

How many of Christ's disciples were rich and prospered? undecided

I guess you wanna be different right?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 1:42am On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:
No

https://www.nairaland.com/4226535/leke-adeboye-thanks-daddy-freeze
we have seen this a long time ago, his acertion does not translate to reality.
In reality, there is a huge drop in the number people paying tithe in church in recent times which has led adeboye coming out saying that if church members continue this way they will not make heaven.
Pastor Oritsejafor also threatened that if church members stop paying tithe they will die young, a comment that was triggered by the drastic reduction of tithers in his church.
Right now, our family pastor has complain this too. Infact, from my parents who are still reliable deacon, even though the number of people coming to church did not drop, there is a significant reduction of real tithers to what my pastor now call aparent tithers (people who used to pay before hoping that they start paying again).

The same thing applies to house of the rock (paul adefarasin). It was worst that people practically worked out of his church one sunday when he was preaching about tithe.
But his church population still remain the same.

So this adeboye's son is a big dreamer grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 1:52am On May 21, 2018
And certainly, the way things are going, this man launching a new private jet will have his new jet grounded very soon.
What will he possibly use to maintain the private jet in the face of reduced tithers in church?
Does he thinks mentaining private jet especially in this
current nigerian economic situation moi moi grin

My guy nor dey think at all before him do.

He will only use his personal savings to maintain private jet and become bankrupt grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 5:57am On May 21, 2018
5thElement:

Jesus was rich, Non in the early church lacked ANYTHING so invariably they were rich!
When Jesus was killed, a disciple of his called Joseph of Arimathea, a Rich man went to collect his body(He must be a man of influence to demand for Jesus' body from the rulers).
Please get things right and don't let yourself suffer because of wrong interpretation of scriptures
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 5:58am On May 21, 2018
paxonel:
we have seen this a long time ago, his acertion does not translate to reality.
In reality, there is a huge drop in the number people paying tithe in church in recent times which has led adeboye coming out saying that if church members continue this way they will not make heaven.
Pastor Oritsejafor also threatened that if church members stop paying tithe they will die young, a comment that was triggered by the drastic reduction of tithers in his church.
Right now, our family pastor has complain this too. Infact, from my parents who are still reliable deacon, even though the number of people coming to church did not drop, there is a significant reduction of real tithers to what my pastor now call aparent tithers (people who used to pay before hoping that they start paying again).

The same thing applies to house of the rock (paul adefarasin). It was worst that people practically worked out of his church one sunday when he was preaching about tithe.
But his church population still remain the same.

So this adeboye's son is a big dreamer grin
from your ascertion, let's see if by you and your crew not paying tithe, If Bishop Oyedepo or any genuine Pastor would become poor
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 6:46am On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:
Jesus was rich, Non in the early church lacked ANYTHING so invariably they were rich!
When Jesus was killed, a disciple of his called Joseph of Arimathea, a Rich man went to collect his body(He must be a man of influence to demand for Jesus' body from the rulers).
Please get things right and don't let yourself suffer because of wrong interpretation of scriptures

Please excuse me while I laugh at your ignorance

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jesus was rich?

You need to sue your pastor for every penny you've tithed and dropped in the offering plate.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by FriendofGod: 7:24am On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:

So, you are Gaius

John was writing specifically to Gaius and it was only a wish. Which means John hoped that Gaius would prosper. In other words, only God can make someone prosper. We can only hope to prosper. That verse was not a promise to anyone. It was John's wish for Gaius. God might have had other plans for Gaius.

The thing that sickens me the most is how you people confidently pervert the Word.

CC 5thElement
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 7:42am On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:

from your ascertion, let's see if by you and your crew not paying tithe, If Bishop Oyedepo or any genuine Pastor would become poor
you people are so daft!
Who is saying that oyedepo should poor?
If the man becomes poor how does that benefit me?

Afterall, yahoo boys are not poor how is that affecting me? grin

No one is wishing anyone to become poor here, all we are saying is that get your money legitimately thats all.
Tithing is fraudelent.
Tithe money is what pastors are using to maintain private jet.
The vast christians who are still paying tithe are ignorant just like ignorant whities falling for nigerian yahoo boys
grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by FriendofGod: 7:55am On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:

My brother, you need the Wisdom of the Holy Spirit.

As far as His sojourn on earth was, Jesus was never rich. He depended entirely on charity and the moneybag was in the care of Judas Iscariot. He did not even concern Himself with the bag.

As for the Early Church, they lacked nothing in the sense that they had their basic needs met. Having your basic needs met does not mean you are rich. What are basic needs: food, clothing and shelter. If you have these things and are contended, then, you are lacking not.

As for the rich man of Arimathea, you might want to read more about him.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 8:32am On May 21, 2018
FriendofGod:

So, you are Gaius

John was writing specifically to Gaius and it was only a wish. Which means John hoped that Gaius would prosper. In other words, only God can make someone prosper. We can only hope to prosper. That verse was not a promise to anyone. It was John's wish for Gaius. God might have had other plans for Gaius.

The thing that sickens me the most is how you people confidently pervert the Word.

CC 5thElement

Thank you. Please help me lecture him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 1:24pm On May 21, 2018
5thElement:

Please excuse me while I laugh at your ignorance

Jesus was rich?

You need to sue your pastor for every penny you've tithed and dropped in the offering plate.
do you measure riches by private jet ownership?
Must Jesus fly aircraft to be seen as Rich man? Did you read from anywhere that he lacked anything or begged?
Even fish couldn't resist to give him money.
The Army men who killed him had to fight and cast lot in order to have share of his apron(guess it'll be of great quality)
He even had someone keeping his money without minding whether the person steals it or not (more likes having a secretary)
There's no way you can tell me Jesus was poor if you can't show me an instance where he begged for food or shelter or means of transport, whatever!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2018
FriendofGod:

So, you are Gaius

CC 5thElement
Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and ALL these things will be added unto you.
I believe that if I should seek first the kingdom and love God (...for Jacob loved the Lord...) I would command resources enough to God's glory and advancement of his kingdom
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2018
FriendofGod:

My brother, you need the Wisdom of the Holy Spirit.

As far as His sojourn on earth was, Jesus was never rich. He depended entirely on charity and the moneybag was in the care of Judas Iscariot. He did not even concern Himself with the bag.

As for the Early Church, they lacked nothing in the sense that they had their basic needs met. Having your basic needs met does not mean you are rich. What are basic needs: food, clothing and shelter. If you have these things and are contended, then, you are lacking not.

As for the rich man of Arimathea, you might want to read more about him.
Ascertain how Jesus depended on Charity pls.

If the Christianity you know about is all about having your basic needs met, hope you do mind having a television, a personal transport means etc
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 1:34pm On May 21, 2018
paxonel:
you people are so daft!
Who is saying that oyedepo should poor?
If the man becomes poor how does that benefit me?

Afterall, yahoo boys are not poor how is that affecting me? grin

No one is wishing anyone to become poor here, all we are saying is that get your money legitimately thats all.
Tithing is fraudelent.
Tithe money is what pastors are using to maintain private jet.
The vast christians who are still paying tithe are ignorant just like ignorant whities falling for nigerian yahoo boys
grin grin
Can you show me someone who is poor and he's poor because he paid his tithe?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2018
FriendofGod:

So, you are Gaius

CC 5thElement

Galatians 3:14
King James Bible
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Mark 13:37

King James Version
And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by paxonel(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:
Can you show me someone who is poor and he's poor because he paid his tithe?
paying tithe does not make anyone poor,
It does not make anyone rich either, only the tithe collector is the one that is becoming rich, That is one sided transaction.
It was never scriptural,
It is defrauding

So??
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by FriendofGod: 1:51pm On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:

Galatians 3:14
King James Bible
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Mark 13:37

King James Version
And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Can you just show me a portion where Christ promised us "wealth"?

The word "blessing" is ambiguous. For instance, good health is a blessing but many of you Christians have become so materialistic that you hardly thank God for it. Instead, you feel forsaken by God if you don't drive good cars or draw huge salaries.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2018
paxonel:
paying tithe does not make anyone poor,
It does not make anyone rich either, only the tithe collector is the one that is becoming rich, That is one sided transaction.
It was never scriptural,
It is defrauding

So??
Tithe existed before the law, during the law and after the law
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by FriendofGod: 1:59pm On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:
Ascertain how Jesus depended on Charity pls.

If the Christianity you know about is all about having your basic needs met, hope you do mind having a television, a personal transport means etc

Jesus never worked. And He never saw evangelism as a career as many of your pastors do. His livelihood depended on things brought to him by his admirers.

As for basic needs, you have clearly misunderstood me. The whole essence is contentment. It is not a bad thing to own a car but when you feel you MUST own it to feel blessed by God, then, there is a problem. Moreover, we were talking about the Early Christians whom you said were rich. And I told you that that was not the case. That they lacked nothing should not be taken to mean that they were rich. They had all their basic needs met, hence the reason why it was recorded that they lacked nothing.

Just so you know, the disciples were among the Early Christians addressed as lacking nothing. Please, be truthful, was Peter a rich man?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by FriendofGod: 2:03pm On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:
Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and ALL these things will be added unto you.
I believe that if I should seek first the kingdom and love God (...for Jacob loved the Lord...) I would command resources enough to God's glory and advancement of his kingdom

Show me a verse where Christ Himself promised wealth or riches to His followers?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by FriendofGod: 2:12pm On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:
Tithe existed before the law, during the law and after the law

You can't justify the Law of Tithing with Abraham's tithing.

Abraham's tithing was voluntary and it came after God Himself had fulfilled His own side of the covenant with Abraham.

You cannot be tithing like Abraham and be using the Tithing Laws of Moses.

Abraham's tithing was voluntary and not under compulsion. Abraham's way of tithing was the one Paul instituted in the Early Church when he admonished the saints to set aside a part of their income and to do so under no compulsion.

Let me explain further. Abraham tithed because he wanted to (true giving). But the Law of Moses compelled the Israelites to tithe whether they liked it or not.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 21, 2018
InansBobo:

do you measure riches by private jet ownership?
Must Jesus fly aircraft to be seen as Rich man? Did you read from anywhere that he lacked anything or begged?
Even fish couldn't resist to give him money.
The Army men who killed him had to fight and cast lot in order to have share of his apron(guess it'll be of great quality)
He even had someone keeping his money without minding whether the person steals it or not (more likes having a secretary)
There's no way you can tell me Jesus was poor if you can't show me an instance where he begged for food or shelter or means of transport, whatever!

Arguing with you is like shooting ducks in a barrel

Matthew 8:20 reads
Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

Matthew 16:24 reads
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

Read the parable of the rich fool

Luke 12: 16-21

Read the story of the rich young man

Mark 12: 17-31

Jesus had no place to lay his head as proven from the above passage. He lived on charity from the women who listened to him preach.

Now, read this about those who follow him

John 15:20
Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

Now point to one place in the Scriptures where Christ glorified riches and material wealth.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad to be rich, but at what expense? Going to church and worshipping God because you want to be rich?

Your pastors be deceiving you tey tey.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by HigherEd: 6:54pm On May 21, 2018
5thElement:

Cornelius wasn't rich? Governor Sergio Paulus wasn't rich? Lydia wasn't rich? Joseph Of Arithmea wasn't rich
Abraham wasn't rich? Solomon wasn't rich?

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by CodeTemplar: 7:05pm On May 21, 2018
5thElement:

Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

Jesus had no place to lay his head as proven from the above passage. He lived on charity from the women who listened to him preach.

Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

Now point to one place in the Scriptures where Christ glorified riches and material wealth.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad to be rich, but at what expense? Going to church and worshipping God because you want to be rich?

So you mean as poor as Jesus was according to your misinterpreted account he still needed a treasurer ?

remember the story of Lazarus and Abraham. A rich man and a poor man in heaven?

Wealth is not bad but what you do with it and how it is gotten is key. read that chapter about the rich finding it hard to make heaven like camel going through needles eye. The emphasis is on what you do with your wealth.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by InansBobo(m): 7:17pm On May 21, 2018
5thElement:

Mark 2:1
A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home.

It talks about this house being Jesus’ home. By the size of the crowd it was obvious Jesus was a bit of a celebrity in the city. This verse also suggests it was not the first time people had gathered at Jesus’ house, as people were waiting for Him to return.

John 1:38-39 (NIV)

Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?”
They said, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?”
“Come,” he replied, “and you will see.”
So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon. (His house must have been a good place for them to stay till the following day because 4am is not too late to go back to their place)

It appears from a statement made later, that Jesus eventually abandoned His house and traveled around Israel preaching the Gospel:

Jesus said to him, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” (Matthew 8:20 )

However, Jesus’ ministry basically started off as a simple home group in Capernaum. It was here that Jesus came in contact with four of his disciples — Levi (Mathew), Peter, James and John (Mark 1:29).
www.opentheword.com

so don't say Jesus don't have a house as if it's because of poverty.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 12:40am On May 22, 2018
HigherEd:

Cornelius wasn't rich? Governor Sergio Paulus wasn't rich? Lydia wasn't rich? Joseph Of Arithmea wasn't rich
Abraham wasn't rich? Solomon wasn't rich?

Mention one of the twelve disciples that died a rich man.

Stop being ignorant. People be praying for the Blessings of Abraham but are not ready to face the test he faced

Mention just one portion of the Gospel where Jesus praised riches. Just one.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 12:43am On May 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
So you mean as poor as Jesus was according to your misinterpreted account he still needed a treasurer ?

remember the story of Lazarus and Abraham. A rich man and a poor man in heaven?

Wealth is not bad but what you do with it and how it is gotten is key. read that chapter about the rich finding it hard to make heaven like camel going through needles eye. The emphasis is on what you do with your wealth.

What is misinterpreted account.

The biblical verses I just quoted, are they in the Bible or not?

What you should do is to point to the place where Jesus said one of the signs of being my disciples is wealth and riches.

I have given you relevant biblical verses. Oya, refute them.

Oh by the way, the parable of the Lazarus and the rich man did not make any mention that Abraham was in Heaven.

I guess your pastor didn't point that out to you.

Nobody said having money isn't good. But the emphasis your pastors who preach wealth without work lay on riches is leading y'all to hell unfortunately.

Prosperity preachers. Amen somebody shouters, Bible thumpers. Open the four Gospels and show us whether Christ preached material prosperity like you claim.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Nobody: 12:44am On May 22, 2018
InansBobo:

Mark 2:1
A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home.

It talks about this house being Jesus’ home. By the size of the crowd it was obvious Jesus was a bit of a celebrity in the city. This verse also suggests it was not the first time people had gathered at Jesus’ house, as people were waiting for Him to return.

John 1:38-39 (NIV)

Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?”
They said, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?”
“Come,” he replied, “and you will see.”
So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon. (His house must have been a good place for them to stay till the following day because 4am is not too late to go back to their place)

It appears from a statement made later, that Jesus eventually abandoned His house and traveled around Israel preaching the Gospel:

Jesus said to him, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” (Matthew 8:20 )

However, Jesus’ ministry basically started off as a simple home group in Capernaum. It was here that Jesus came in contact with four of his disciples — Levi (Mathew), Peter, James and John (Mark 1:29).
www.opentheword.com

so don't say Jesus don't have a house as if it's because of poverty.

The implication of what you just wrote is that Jesus lied.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Maestro21: 1:09am On May 22, 2018
5thElement:

The implication of what you just wrote is that Jesus lied.

He was in Samaria where he had no home. So no he did not lie. His home was in Capernaum.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Announces The Arrival Of A Brand New Church Aircraft by Maestro21: 1:12am On May 22, 2018
5thElement:

What is misinterpreted account.

The biblical verses I just quoted, are they in the Bible or not?

What you should do is to point to the place where Jesus said one of the signs of being my disciples is wealth and riches.

I have given you relevant biblical verses. Oya, refute them.

Oh by the way, the parable of the Lazarus and the rich man did not make any mention that Abraham was in Heaven.

I guess your pastor didn't point that out to you.

Nobody said having money isn't good. But the emphasis your pastors who preach wealth without work lay on riches is leading y'all to hell unfortunately.

Prosperity preachers. Amen somebody shouters, Bible thumpers. Open the four Gospels and show us whether Christ preached material prosperity like you claim.

You are already asking a question from a position of error. Is your position that Christ spoke against material wealth or that he said God could not be responsible for it to a Christian? If both, you are wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Social Media Users Drag Pope After Liking A Naked Picture On Instagram (Pixs) / Men Dressed In Black SATANIC Robes Figures At Chelsea Stadium [photo] / What Is Secret Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.