Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos (34981 Views)

Nkiru Obasi: Survivor Of Lebanon Explosion Calls For Help From Nigeria / Tahir Fadlallah Evacuated With Air Ambulance From Kano To Lebanon (Video) / Emmanuel Oyediran, Beggar Undergoes Surgery For Colostomy Prolapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:41am On May 21, 2018
Men so bambiala can be so lucrative?

Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by phase1: 6:41am On May 21, 2018
Beggars make too much money but spends less than 1% of what they make daily.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Nobody: 6:47am On May 21, 2018
Nairalandmentor:
See as oyibo people carry hand gloves dey touch the money. If na naija na their bare hands them for use. Our mentality is a game changer. RIP woman. Sad you didn't enjoy the fruits of your labour

*Get a dynamic blog design for 25k only. Comes with seo, ssl, google adsense, affiliate marketing, and social media autopost. Check my signature.

In Nigeria anything goes, nothing like finger prints etc, what do you expect?
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by DrObum(m): 6:50am On May 21, 2018
See this life, of what use is the money to her now?

Spent all her life trying to fool people so as to continue getting public sympathy to aid her begging but look how it turned out.
Igbos call this one okpa aku eri-eri
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Nobody: 6:50am On May 21, 2018
Most of these street beggars are probably richer than you.

Imagine collecting 50 naira each from about 1000 people that pass by in a day, do that weekly. Just bone.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Daboomb: 6:53am On May 21, 2018
ItzBIM:
Nairaland has been boring since Friday, dear mods do the needful and push more interesting topic to front page.

Something like: Snake swallows Saraki's head, vomits his body on the runaway of Abuja airport, abi?

Or Dino Melaye disappears from Hospital bed, appeared in NewYork!

or Buhari wins the 20th London Marathon while seeping Zoobo.

Just negodu, you hear. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Morbeta11(m): 6:55am On May 21, 2018
See as northern beggers will start entering Lebanon after reading this news.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by princeadams11: 6:57am On May 21, 2018
Nonnyflex:
Am not surprised ooo... I stopped giving my hard earned money to beggers when I saw two beggers eating... Omo about 5 gigantic meat in each of their plates and then I have not encountered more than one obstacle in my food... Very soon "the EVANS" will start picking them cause most of them may be "potential customers" one popular one in the Benin highway has built a gigantic building,well fitted yet begging hasn't left her system... With that huge money why can't they set up an investment?
Lol! Bro, just give because of God so you can earn some reward.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by ayosamtunde(m): 6:59am On May 21, 2018
lessons learnt from this story; Never look down on anybody because of his/her present condition or situation and also that some beggars out there are better off financially than some able bodies with suits on the street.I remember several years ago a beggar woman in my native town who was believed to own houses just from begging alms.
However,i am not in anyway in support of people who could still find legitimate alternative ways of surviving that still resort to begging on the street.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by bukatyne(f): 7:05am On May 21, 2018
princeadams11:

Lol! Bro, just give because of God so you can earn some reward.

Earn what reward?

Most of them are not needy sir.

I stopped giving to them in my childhood. There were a set of two beggars who were at the junction of our street and my father gave alms. He did not see one of them and asked the other who said he went for house warming in Kano. That day changed my orientation about them.

I rather give people who appreciate the dignity in labour and run into a hard place than an opportunist who wants to open office on my head.

The Day I saw a slightly deformed Hausa man selling sponges a short distance from where his colleagues beg, I was touched and left all others to buy sponges from him and left the change.

I would even say we leave our changes (where possible) for street hawkers, not make them run too much to chase after you and you decide not to buy or cheating them of their change.

I have more pity for alabarus, street/traffic hawkers and others doing menial strenuous jobs than a beggar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Nobody: 7:19am On May 21, 2018
its sad she didnt have any children or relatives, a lesson to people who think money is everything, it doesnt follow you to the afterlife.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Trustme2(m): 7:28am On May 21, 2018
ItzBIM:
Nairaland has been boring since Friday, dear mods do the needful and push more interesting topic to front page.
Bro na because Lalasticklala dey honey moon o. Let's just pray for his safe arrival. The job in tgr other room no easy at all
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by DONORJIR(m): 7:42am On May 21, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
The Lebanese people must be very generous for a beggar there to amass over a million dollars in her lifetime of just 52 years. smiley

This is never possible in Nigeria where the few people that give to beggars give away 10 or 20 naira. Those who give more than that in Nigeria will take selfies while giving such and post it on social media. grin
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Temple1288(m): 7:48am On May 21, 2018
Lebanese behave like Black people from Black Africa.. Even after acquiring so much wealth, she still died a beggar... Exactly what happens in Africa! Rochas Okorocha after acquiring so much money is still begging for more..
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by soundforce: 7:49am On May 21, 2018
She died of her own greed and a very miserable one. She couldn't use her hands but how did she gather, count and bag the money? How did she open the abandoned car?
Someone who would have lived large .she died a celebrity BEGGAR!.what an IDIOM! So,some religious contries celebrate beggars. Poorverty was in her DNA from birth.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by NeuroBoss(m): 7:51am On May 21, 2018
Nairalandmentor:
See as oyibo people carry hand gloves dey touch the money. If na naija na their bare hands them for use. Our mentality is a game changer. RIP woman. Sad you didn't enjoy the fruits of your labour

*Get a dynamic blog design for 25k only. Comes with seo, ssl, google adsense, affiliate marketing, and social media autopost. Check my signature.

Bros, Lebanese na oyinbo?

Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by mbjsuki(m): 8:18am On May 21, 2018
Usually, I don't comment on subject like this but this will be an exception.

Obviously and from what I've been telling friends, the state of your mind is very important and how you see yourself! Despite the huge account saving and cash at hand, the choice to leave a better life and move on was opened to her but the condition of her mind still tied her down to begging for alms.
She doesn't see herself living beyond or above her physical condition and this is also a condition most people face daily.
With that money, living in countries like ours automatically entitles you to a chieftaincy title even among able bodied men.
But the state of her mind has told her she is a "begger" so she was till she died.
Change your mind set and you'll see things work better for you.

1 Like

Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by mbjsuki(m): 8:20am On May 21, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
Men so bambiala can be so lucrative?

It's an open option until you explore it you can never be too sure. I bet you can give it a shot! grin grin grin
Bad guy!
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by damtan(m): 8:25am On May 21, 2018
she's just a fool
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by slysteel: 8:28am On May 21, 2018
Nairalandmentor:

Something is wrong with the blackman,especially the Nigerian,a simple example is how seun and his admins post dead bodies or gory pictures of wounded people with open cuts in this forum,that shows you we lack decorum,very uncivilised people
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by degamemaster(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2018
The should better use the money to open a foundation that will care for the disabled and physically handicaps than putting it in the state pocket.

#Naijawaysonmind
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by ItzBIM(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2018
Trustme2:

Bro na because Lalasticklala dey honey moon o. Let's just pray for his safe arrival. The job in tgr other room no easy at all

If you have his number pls tell him to hurry up o, before boredom kill us.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by ItzBIM(m): 8:38am On May 21, 2018
Daboomb:

Something like: Snake swallows Saraki's head, vomits his body on the runaway of Abuja airport, abi?

Or Dino Melaye disappears from Hospital bed, appeared in NewYork!

or Buhari wins the 20th London Marathon while seeping Zoobo.

Just negodu, you hear. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ok I don hear. cry
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by 1stola: 8:39am On May 21, 2018
mrkunlex:
A disabled beggar who lived on handouts in Lebanon died a millionaire.
Police were shocked to discover that Fatima Othman, 52, had accumulated a small fortune while begging on the streets in the capital Beirut.
Officers discovered her body in an abandoned car in the city's Barbir district and two bags containing five million LBP ($3,300) in cash.
And the frugal beggar had also stashed away 1.7 billion LBP ($1.1 million) in a savings account - which was uncovered after police found her deposit book for a local bank.
Police spokesman Joseph Musallem said Ms Othman died from a heart attack and her death was not being treated as suspicious.
But he said it was 'a big surprise' to discover that she had amassed such a fortune.
Ms Othman was unable to use her hands and feet after suffering devastating injuries during the Lebanese Civil War, locals report.
She became a local celebrity after a picture of her being fed water by a Lebanese soldier went viral online.
The soldier was praised by his commander for showing 'compassion and humanity'.
Police tracked down Ms Othman's family to the town of Ain Al-Zahab in Akkar, northern Lebanon, and they have now buried her body.
They were equally dumbstruck when they discovered how wealthy she was.

View More Photos Here: http://kunlexwap.nextwapblog.com/disabled-beggar-in-lebanon-died-a-millionaire.html
She's a miserable greedy loser.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by 1stola: 8:41am On May 21, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
The Lebanese people must be very generous for a beggar there to amass over a million dollars in her lifetime of just 52 years. smiley

This is never possible in Nigeria where the few people that give to beggars give away 10 or 20 naira. Those who give more than that in Nigeria will take selfies while giving such and post it on social media. grin
Keep deceiving
You think people were giving 100 dollars?
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by 1stola: 8:42am On May 21, 2018
jazinogold:
hmm...he died to beg no more

On the Jollof rice matter!! Today I saw a nice looking Jollof rice on the internet cook by a Yoruba women, I only try to zoom it pepper enter my eye.
Your EnGRISH can wake the dead.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Revolva(m): 8:43am On May 21, 2018
we give them money due to pity that all
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by Killurself: 8:47am On May 21, 2018
She decide to be a begger not spender. she work down for her child to eat.
Re: Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos by 400billionman: 8:54am On May 21, 2018
Little drops of water make an ocean

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested / Bennet Ifekandu-Omalu Honored By Xavier University For Discovering Brain Injury / New Look Of Man Who Couldn't Smile Before Due To Facial Tumour. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.