Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Do People Wear Wristwatch On Left Hand - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do People Wear Wristwatch On Left Hand (538 Views)

Meet The N*ked Tribes Of Nigeria �� - Where People Wear Leaves & Little To Not / Why Do People Pour A Little Out Of Their Drink On The Ground Before Drinking? / Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Wear Wristwatch On Left Hand by profstar(m): 1:12pm On May 21, 2018
Why do people wear wristwatch on left hands

Even as a lefty ('left handler'), I normally wear wristwatch on my left hand which is a norm I grew up with and loved.

However, lately during my professional exams I had to transfer my watch to my right to enable me to keep writing while still recurrently looking at my watch for timing purpose.

When it was on my left I had to pause the writing and look at the time. You might want to suggest putting the watch on the table, but that's not the point and again it was convenient having the watch on.

At the end of the exam, I questioned the norm (why do I and most people wear wristwatches on the left) and then the answer to the question came quickly.

It occur to me that before things (acts) becomes norms (in a civilized environment) they mostly will have passed "Logical reasoning " then it continues for years and then the generation that did the thinking goes and the new generation just continue it, making "norm" to replace "reason for" and sometimes even turn to fashion.

Back to my topic, Majority of people are right handed and it is easier for them to engage the right hand full time and then the "less-busy" hand has the watch to keep them time conscious.

So I reasonably decided to now wear my watch on my right, it seems inconvenient for now but I will get use to it soon.

What do you think

(1) (Reply)

Homosexuality Nigeriana: Nigerians Are Hypocrites-kenny Brandmuse / Why Are Our Ladies Sexually Molesting The Men / The Moment Ooni Of Ife And His Entourage Got Stucked Inside The Elevator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.