Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer (8659 Views)

An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees / Which Of This Hand Works Earn The Most Money? / Is Your Employer Underpaying You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by TAMSNigeria: 3:34pm On May 21, 2018
TAMS TIP

If you want your employer to respect you; be punctual to work and demonstrate productivity on the job.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:43pm On May 21, 2018
how do u demonstrate productivity in a factory /manufacturing firm?

5 Likes

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by Chibusoil: 8:44pm On May 21, 2018
Is that alwaz true?

1 Like

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by videomerchant: 6:51am On May 22, 2018
Okay. Maybe it's better to earn respect working for yourself. Become a video animation expert making 2D explainer animations and start selling on fiverr. Follow my signature.

3 Likes

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:51am On May 22, 2018
Very good thread!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52am On May 22, 2018
Chibusoil:
Is that alwaz true?
More often than not!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by ASPchris(m): 6:54am On May 22, 2018
Not when working with Indians, they are the worst people to work with in this world. "Google search will explain more " A sadist is a sadist grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by lordnaruto: 6:55am On May 22, 2018
Very true, uve got to show your employer you're a major force in the business, thou, no one is indispensable, you can still show its not gonna be easy finding a replacement for you. Easier said than done, but really really feasible. Only then will your employer really respect you, and willing to listen to whatever it is you have to say.

5 Likes

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by mycare(m): 7:02am On May 22, 2018
It is a matter of the employee being motivated by the employer.
Sure the employee will give the best

1 Like

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by Jayboot(m): 7:07am On May 22, 2018
no b for people wey get employer.. mtwsuuuuuuu.. if I get employer ni Shai I go dy nairaland by dis time

1 Like

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by datola: 7:14am On May 22, 2018
Very good!

A lot in this part of the world have very bad attitude to work. Most are not priductive. Their contributions are not measurable. They just come to mark register, gossip and be thinking that working for somebody is a curse, as if they start their own business they will not employ poeple.

2 Likes

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by Nobody: 7:20am On May 22, 2018
ASPchris:
Not when working with Indians, they are the worst people to work with in this world. "Google search will explain more " A sadist is a sadist grin

So true! They do not reward merit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by boyjo: 7:20am On May 22, 2018
post=67767001:
Very good thread!!

hahaha what a comment!
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by KingMicky3286: 7:20am On May 22, 2018
videomerchant:
Okay. Maybe it's better to earn respect working for yourself. Become a video animation expert making 2D explainer animations and start selling on fiverr. Follow my signature.

I want to learn how to make animation..
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by nerodenero: 7:31am On May 22, 2018
1. Be punctual
2. Integrity
3. High productivity.

Have these values, your employer will never think of showing you the exit.
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by SAMBARRY: 7:36am On May 22, 2018
Msheweee nonsense.even the punctual and productive get insulted if things dont go in the way of the oga

Secondly in this Part of the world it is a crime to be a fine or sophisticated lady married or not because the randy ogas will be after you for sexual advances.if you dare say no you will be branded proud or full of yourself.God now help you if one of your ogas are the old female religious extremist like the deeper life or seven day adventist.particularly those sexually frustrated mamas in their 50s or 60s that are full of bile and closet envy or the ones that their husbands have not touched in the last 10years but be carrying 200 level university girls around That will take out their family wahala on your head.they will so boss you around ,emotionally and verbally abuse you and drain you of your productivity that you will begin to think there is no brain in your agbari again.

When you want to work just pray for a good,fair and righteous boss that is like a parent otherwise you will never have job satisfaction or job fullfilment because everyday you go to work it will be like a preparation of another battle
look the truth is that there are many frustrated and narcisstic men and women everywhere carrying baggages of family or financial crisis with them and they are in work places.theyre always ever ready and quick to unleash their pain on people they know they can get away with it.so its very possible to be punctual,productive,hardworking and dedicated.if you have one of these bosses i listed here,they will suck out every ounce of energy in you through bullying or their overbearing behaviour.anytime i remember Overbearing and lousy boss i remember adewunmi.my God.i pity any lady that marries her son.tuehhhhh very egoistic and emotuonally abusive.hiann

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by oshomoshi: 7:46am On May 22, 2018
I will work on this
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by Apexox: 7:46am On May 22, 2018
OK!
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by konny1(m): 7:48am On May 22, 2018
Just like your job, don't like your company

Simple undecided undecided
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by femi4: 7:50am On May 22, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
how do u demonstrate productivity in a factory /manufacturing firm?
Work to meet target ahead of time. Make yourself available for overtime schedules

1 Like

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by teemanbastos(m): 8:02am On May 22, 2018
Respect is reciprocal,
Every employer respects an employee who brings value and is highly productive

1 Like

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by Marxist001(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2018
videomerchant:
pls o, how do I learn
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by Nobody: 8:30am On May 22, 2018
datola:
Very good!

A lot in this part of the world have very bad attitude to work. Most are not priductive. Their contributions are not measurable. They just come to mark register, gossip and be thinking that working for somebody is a curse, as if they start their own business they will not employ poeple.

Yet Nigeria boasts of having the most productive workplaces in the whole wide world, people deliver even under life risking and extremely uncomfortable conditions,

I remember sometime ago, when a structure was supposed to be fabricated at some company's yard in Europe, that project went so behind schedule that the parent company had to move it half completed to the yard here in Nigeria, Nigerian workers finished that work in record time.

It depends on what you call a "job", keep a Nigerian happy and well provided for and see productivity. Not when employers hide behind the absence of labour laws to enslave workers and yell that workers aren't productive, when won't someone think it's a curse if they're working 8-5, plus Saturdays and overtime for peanuts, and hardly any benefit or insurance with their qualifications and abilities?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by pedrilo: 8:32am On May 22, 2018
over sabi, favouritism, sycophancy and eye service is wat most nigerian employers use as yardstick for performance.
i speak from experience pls argue wit ur fones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by SAMBARRY: 9:04am On May 22, 2018
pedrilo:
over sabi, favouritism, sycophancy and eye service is wat most nigerian employers use as yardstick for performance.
i speak from experience pls
you have nailed it.infact thats the yardstick for promotion.thats when you will begin to hear omo da da ni
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by jclassiq(m): 12:19pm On May 22, 2018
TAMSNigeria:
TAMS TIP

If you want your employer to respect you; be punctual to work and demonstrate productivity on the job.

BIG FAT LIE OGA!!!

EYE SERVICE AND OFFICE POLITICS REMAIN THE ONLY WAY TO EARN RESPECT IN THE WORK PLACE.

DONT BE DECEIVED
Re: How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer by Selfgrowth123(m): 8:43am On May 23, 2018
That is when you put the interest of the organization first before yours and abiding by all the rules and regulations governing the organization.

(1) (Reply)

Working As A Personal Assistant / Help!! I Wanna Change My NIN Date Of Birth / Who's Going To Afrika Kommt 2017 Assessment Centre In Kenya By May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.