Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? (18594 Views)

Peter Obi Gave N5M At One Event, While I Gave N4M - Datti / Today Is A Special Day In History Which Will Not Occur For Another 1000 Years / Buhari’s Govt, Worst In Nigeria’s History – Agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by damtan(m): 11:09am On May 22, 2018
independence should have been prevented. Maybe naija for don become England by now.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Killurself: 11:10am On May 22, 2018
To stop ojuikw from killing his people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Ahmedgk(m): 11:10am On May 22, 2018
jerseyboy:
The birth in Mecca of father of Terror Mohamed Piss Be Upon him.

This event has led Nigeria to being a permanent wasteland of poverty misery and agony.

Nigeria would have been Paradise without Islam
I wish you were close to me, walh you wouldn't have stay alive today for this atrocities you committed.
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:12am On May 22, 2018
NaijaElba:
The independent we got in 1960 was a great mistake after the amalgamation of 1914.
You nailed it. We were not ripe for independence at all, amalgamation was a woeful mistake.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Leenski(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by millomaniac: 11:15am On May 22, 2018
hucienda:
1914? cheesy

Nigerians know the genesis of their problem - and got no chill on Lugard. grin

Why then is it so hard to undo?
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Thewesterner(m): 11:16am On May 22, 2018
jerseyboy:

This event has led Nigeria to being a permanent wasteland of poverty misery and agony.

Like they say

Outta every NONSENSE...

There is SENSE...

What do I know self? Both the nonsense and sense is not my native tongue
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Edu3Again: 11:19am On May 22, 2018
HtwoOw:
Yeebos and LiePobians and Biafraudians are the ones always complaining about amalgamation

Guess what , it has happened, move the fvckk on

Almajiri Parasite
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 11:20am On May 22, 2018
HtwoOw:

you were there when agreements were signed ??
grin
HtwoOw:

you were there when agreements were signed ??
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by rhythyson: 11:20am On May 22, 2018
jerseyboy:

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:20am On May 22, 2018
1960 Independence
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by userplainly(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2018
jerseyboy:

yet Hushpuppi n Mopha r living in Dubai!..... sense fall on u!.....I'm a Christian do lemme educate u.... The blackman is tribal n religious.... Islam n Christianity are both problems!..... u hate islam yet u hail Anthony Joshua n Paul Pogba!.....after all these religious rubbish wat matters most is the people's welfare!..... the modern Church is a scam same as the mosque!
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by millomaniac: 11:21am On May 22, 2018
loveuGOD:
Death of chief MKO Abiola . So painful.

He was no saint.
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Ovitan244: 11:32am On May 22, 2018
[b[b]]The Amalgamation of 1914 gave birth to other events. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[/b]

1 Like

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by mfm04622: 11:39am On May 22, 2018
Pavore9:
The civil war, needless deaths.

The first coup! That was what lead to the civil war

1 Like

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:41am On May 22, 2018
userplainly:

yet Hushpuppi n Mopha r living in Dubai!..... sense fall on u!.....I'm a Christian do lemme educate u.... The blackman is tribal n religious.... Islam n Christianity are both problems!..... u hate islam yet u hail Anthony Joshua n Paul Pogba!.....after all these religious rubbish wat matters most is the people's welfare!..... the modern Church is a scam same as the mosque!

Not just Nigeria, the world today would have been better, more peaceful more loving more prosperous if Raghead Terrorist Mohamed was never born.

Alas he was born and the world will never know peace.

As for people like you with inferior pedigree, you think pandering to Muslims will enhance your status, you're wrong.

To them you are just a treacherous infidel never to be trusted.

Shame on you.
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Kobicove(m): 11:42am On May 22, 2018
The amalgamation of the north and south
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Pavore9: 11:43am On May 22, 2018
mfm04622:

The first coup! That was what lead to the civil war

The conflict escalating to a civil war.....lost many family members, such scars never heal but we have moved on.
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by ecosanders: 11:44am On May 22, 2018
NaijaElba:
The independent we got in 1960 was a great mistake after the amalgamation of 1914.

The North actually kicked against the independence as the time, saying we are not yet ripe for it...

Seems they are right after all...

Seriously the 1966 coup create a vacuum that cannot be filled.... It further divide us as a nation.... Koni ye eyin Flattinoes..

3 Likes

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by MYGRATEskillz(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2018
I would rather leave things as they are...
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 22, 2018
Ahmedgk:
I wish you were close to me, walh you wouldn't have stay alive today for this atrocities you committed.

Not just Nigeria, the world today would have been better, more peaceful more loving more prosperous if Raghead Terrorist Mohamed was never born.

As for you, just know that no intelligent human being can be a Muslim as nothing in Islam makes sense.

Islam is not a religion. It is an instrument of terror.

Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 22, 2018
nnamdiosu:

Let me add a little wisdom to your knowledge sir. The moment you defame another person's religion or their holy prophets, you are no different from the suicide bombers who blow up people.
Maturity calls for mutal respect to people of other tribes or religion. I'm a Christian and from the east but, most of my TRUST WORTHY, HONEST AND CARE FREE FRIENDS ARE FROM THE NORTH.

let love lead.....

As for people like you with inferior pedigree, you think pandering to Muslims will enhance your status, you're wrong.

Shame on you.
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by mabea: 11:48am On May 22, 2018
AlfaSeltzer:
That amalgamation was evil.
Evil? Thought satan is great
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:48am On May 22, 2018
tolufase:
. A dead brain like you shouldn't have got any response but you Google Saudi Arabia and see yourself. I don't need to tell you how Dubai looks like.

Shame on you Afonja pikin.
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:49am On May 22, 2018
HtwoOw:

Except those who made the union happen are happy with the union and would do anything to ensure the union holds / still intact

Catalonia your role model have since stopped agitating and the leader of the movement has been extradited to Spain for treason

No country in the world wants to break up , you are going to have to learn tolerance , if not find another country

Tolerance is never "learned", I'm certain you've read the story of the frog in boiling water right?
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 22, 2018
IamHeWrites:
It looks like most Nigerians are not in favour of the 1914 amalgamation which brought the North and South to create one country under British rule.

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/if-you-could-prevent-one-event-in-nigerias-history-from-happening-which-would-it-be.html

amalgamation.....coz this shithole would not hv existed.....

we should hv not been in the same estate with these people....

is a pity
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by mabea: 11:50am On May 22, 2018
userplainly:

You made no sense.
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by GSA01: 11:51am On May 22, 2018
The January 15 1966 Military coup detat
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by DeOTR: 11:57am On May 22, 2018
The Amalgamation of 1914 and every other thing would be prevented.
Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by Nobody: 11:59am On May 22, 2018
AnanseK:

Free cocaine courier business, ashewo movement of women to Italy and Western Europe, more baby factories everywhere it wold have been an eldorado for our Jewish brothers and sisters.

As for you, just know that no intelligent human being can be a Muslim as nothing in Islam makes sense.

Islam is not a religion. It is an instrument of terror.

Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by mfm04622: 12:01pm On May 22, 2018
Pavore9:

The conflict escalating to a civil war.....lost many family members, such scars never heal but we have moved on.

What I meant was instead of stopping the civil war, stop the first coup and there won't be civil war and the country will be less divided than we are now

1 Like

Re: If You Could Prevent One Event In Nigeria's History, Which Would It Be? by userplainly(m): 12:03pm On May 22, 2018
mabea:
You made no sense.

I'm telling u hairless ape that religion itself is a problem! not one particular religion..... wen I mentioned modern churches many people will attack, I jus laugh..... mosque too!.... but churches r d worst

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Saraki Submits Nomination Forms (Pictures) / Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims / FUPRE: Buhari Signs Bill Establishing University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.