Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims (18558 Views)

Why The Saudis Opened The Holy Ka'aba For Buhari In 1984 / FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News / Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by teskyg: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2012

Saudi Arabia immigration officials yesterday denied Nigeria’s Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Alhaji Abubakar Shehu Bunu and other consular officials, access to the detained Nigerian female pilgrims at the King Abdulazeez International Airport, Jeddah, a source at the Nigerian Embassy in Riyadh told Daily Trust last night.
The source who spoke to our correspondent on phone said that the envoy, in company of six other staffs of the embassy including his Consul General Ambassador Ahmad Umar Yakasai, was at the airport for more than 50 minutes pleading with the Saudi authorities to allow him meet with the pilgrims to no avail.

This happened even as diplomatic efforts are on to resolve the issues surrounding the detention and subsequent deportation of hundreds of Nigerian female pilgrims by the Saudi Arabian authorities on grounds that they travelled to the Holy land without their individual muharram.

Vice President Namadi Sambo had met with the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to Nigeria Mr. Khalid Abdrabuh on Wednesday in Abuja and the Speaker of the House of Representatives Rep Aminu Waziri Tambuwal is leading a federal government delegation to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia today to try to resolve the issue.

Ambassador Bunu had gone to the airport to assess the condition of the pilgrims and to also console them but the officials denied him allegedly on the orders of Saudi immigration controller in charge of the airport Mr Khala Sallah, the source said.

Meanwhile the Saudis continued the deportation of the over 1000 Nigerian female pilgrims being detained at the Abdul-Aziz International Airport, Jeddah and Madina with 612 affected flown into Nigeria through Kano and Sokoto.

Daily Trust said the envoy was also at the airport yesterday to bid farewell to the pilgrims who were flown back yesterday but the Saudi immigration officials refused to recognize his official status as a full-fledged ambassador representing Nigeria in Saudi Arabia.

“The envoy led six other top officials of the Nigerian Embassy to the airport to assess the condition of our detained female pilgrims and to explain to them some of the efforts the Nigerian government is making to see the matter is finally resolved. But the Saudi immigration officials openly humiliated all of them without recourse to the status as Nigeria’s official representation in that country”, the source said.

A total of 509 female and one male pilgrim arrived at the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano last night, while earlier in the day, 102 female pilgrimage arrived at the Sokoto International Airport

www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/177834-saudis-block-nigerian-envoy-from-detained-pilgrims

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Akaraiwe(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
wow,so sad!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by IYANGBALI: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
Islam religion of piss. So these so called muslims in Nigeria are not even recognised by the original and the originator of Islam,so upon all their killings they are fake and classless Muslims,eyaaaaaa,sorry o. Honestly I am enjoying this drama. Let somebody shout halleluyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tongue

63 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
its getting ugly wow...they really do not Nigerians in their country eyah!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tunde300us(m): 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
Somehow i blame Nigerian officials for this disgrace,am sure the rule as to how to enter saudi arabia has been there since and yet flaut it and expect to use man no man or sentiment.The saudi officials obviouslt must have been warning their nigerian counterpart about this development but obviously they choose to do their bidding.

3 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
Well that goes to show you how much they think of Nigeria, worse Nigerian Muslims.. any hooo.. they should have carried their eunuchs along as required grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
the humiliation is too much kai...sorr oh

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by hollypagan: 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
Abeg make una come back na by force una wan enter,imagine our gov.spending huge amount to sponsor boko ladies

8 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Alaafialoro(m): 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
I am laughing in arabic language!
White muslims are superior to balck muslims, aren‘t they??
Our leaders should stop this show of shame by sending those women back home,afterall these bearded imams won‘t listen to them.

7 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
Seems they have run out of virgins in their paradise,so they are now recruiting on earth cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Callotti: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
Daily Trust said the envoy was also at the airport yesterday to bid farewell to the pilgrims who were flown back yesterday but the Saudi immigration officials refused to recognize his official status as a full-fledged ambassador representing Nigeria in Saudi Arabia.

I don't think it was proper for the ambassador to stick his neck out in an already 'messy' affair.
Much better to work from behind the scenes.
Oh well. . . no sympathies.
Nigeria has no value. . .above or below sea level.
Very soon. . .Republic of Congo will deport Nigerians too! grin
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

4 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tpia5: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
the women should just volunteer to go home.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Tlake(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2012
These is a national disgrace I wonder if d niggas goin today wnt fall victims also...2 bad.its a shame
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Excelboi(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2012
ehie: its getting ugly wow...they really do not Nigerians in their country eyah!
I wonder why you can't construct a simple sentence, pathetic. @ this whole incidence is getting so twisting! Na wetin dey dis saudi officials want again! Make them release this women, there laws must be very strict then.

3 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Toktee(m): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
Recall the nigerian ambasador,and immediately expell their ambasador,give him 24hrs to leave naija,this humuliation is unbearable,no wonder ghadafi hate saudi king with passion.

8 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by vicoloni(m): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
President GEJ is not popular with most Nigerians and other world leaders but if the truth must be told, Saudi officials' handling of this issue is way above board. Its grossly against international diplmatic relationship haba!

Ile lati nko esho rode (charity begins at home). This shows that we have been underestimating the mess PDP has put us in as a Nation. Even the corrupt Babangida administration fared better in diplomatic ties....

This story almost ruined my day mschewwwww..

3 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by smalls001: 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Islam religion of piss. So these so called muslims in Nigeria are not even recognised by the original and the originator of Islam,so upon all their killings they are fake and classless Muslims,eyaaaaaa,sorry o. Honestly I am enjoying this drama. Let somebody shout halleluyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tongue

Hey ass hole...this has nothing to do with religion. It's simple respect for the law.....Nigeria officials from the top have failed to recognize laid down procedures. I mean very simple ones. Rather than admit their failure, they begin to give ultimatums and all sorts of intimidation.....We need to clean our house or else we will continue to experience this.....Its that simple....

3 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
Excelboi: I wonder why you can't construct a simple sentence, pathetic. @ this whole incidence it getting so twisting! Na wetin dey dis saudi officials want again!
what do you mean by what you wrote?

6 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
Excelboi: I wonder why you can't construct a simple sentence, pathetic. @ this whole incidence is getting so twisting! Na wetin dey dis saudi officials want again! Make them release this women, there laws must be very stirct then.
You sound mad ,madder than i normally sound,are u on prozac or ritalin?

4 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
i could give u tips
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Toktee(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
Excelboi: I wonder why you can't construct a simple sentence, pathetic. @ this whole incidence it getting so twisting! Na wetin dey dis saudi officials want again!
your statement also is no well constructed
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Excelboi(m): 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2012
ehie: You sound mad ,madder than i normally sound,are u on prozac or litalin?
whatever... Accept corrections!

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by sunky644(m): 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2012
Can a true Muslim explain the sentence "traveling without individual muharram"?
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Islam religion of piss. So these so called muslims in Nigeria are not even recognised by the original and the originator of Islam,so upon all their killings they are fake and classless Muslims,eyaaaaaa,sorry o. Honestly I am enjoying this drama. Let somebody shout halleluyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tongue

....lol

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by jpphilips(m): 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
the rich also cry, lol
no be only full fledged Ambassador but full fledged mosquito.

Corrupt !d!iots that think the whole world care about positions they steal from the masses.

The Saudi king should ask the women to rub his chest. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
Excelboi: whatever... Accept corrections!
Grammar Nazi:
– One who attempts to persuade or force others to use proper grammar and spelling.
an exhibitor of grammatical superiority. d – One who advocates linguistic clarity; an opponent of 1337-speak. e – One who corrects others' grammar; the spelling police.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by DANILSA(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
Toktee: your statement also is no well constructed
GUY NO MIND AM,SEE THE RUBBISH WEY IM TYPE STILL DE CLAIM PROF. ENGLISH NA HIM PAPA LANGUAGE? grin grin grin
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
I see nothing wrong with the Saudis behavior

The Saudis are beautiful people show some respect
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by smalls001: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
~Royal~:
I see nothing wrong with the Saudis behavior

The Saudis are beautiful people show some respect
Well said... The Saudis are on point.....I think we have a problem in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
Chai. ONE NIGERIA is really suffering abuses from every corner, imagine saudi arabia too, first it was south Africa, then Ghana and now saudi very soon it will be congo or cotonu.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tpia5: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
lol
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Torch1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
Arab Muslims see Hausa-Fulani muslims as inferior muslims while Hausa-Fulani muslims in Nigeria see Yoruba Muslims as inferior muslims.. Lol, no equality in Islam.

Hausa-Fulani muslims are slaves to Arab muslims while Yorubas are slaves to Hausa-Fulani muslims!
No wonder Tinubu bowed to Buhari.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FUPRE: Buhari Signs Bill Establishing University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun / Obiano Inaugurates N1.2bn Fish Feed Plant In Onitsha- Picture / Alleged N90bn FIRS Fund: Osinbajo Demands Retraction From Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.