Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (34288 Views)

I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by drealzum(m): 6:48am On May 22, 2018
Egg sauce or egg stew?
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Johnbosco77(m): 6:50am On May 22, 2018
This one back simple thing na.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by lexy2014: 6:53am On May 22, 2018
biacan:
Too much of groundnut oil causes typhoid,fever and it destroys the eyes be careful with your intake
which year that one begin happen?

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by lexy2014: 6:55am On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVT4buQyZWY

So guys, I came up with this easy Nigerian breakfast stew, it is one of my favorites and might just be what you need for today’s breakfast.
Egg stew is the best and simplest sauce for boiled yam or rice, it is prepared with eggs, diced tomatoes, peppers and onion and very easy to fix for breakfast.

This stew is very easy to prepare and gives room for addition of other spices like herbs and vegetables or even fish/minced meat. Instead of using fresh tomatoes, you can as well use canned tomatoes, it taste good with it.
However, egg stew can be served at lunch and dinner as well. Here is simple egg stew recipe for you, watch the video above and see how to make egg stew the easiest way.
This egg stew also complements fried plantain, yam chips and potatoes; you might as well love to pair yours with plain boiled rice.

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked
• 4 large tomatoes, diced
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 stock cube
• 2 scotch bonnets, chopped or dry pepper
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

this is funny cause I don't c d stew in d egg stew
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 6:55am On May 22, 2018
biacan:
Too much of groundnut oil causes typhoid,fever and it destroys the eyes be careful with your intake
not really.. it depends on the oil you are using. saturated oil can cause damage but the unsaturated oil dose not cause any damage. example of saturated oils are extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil etc..
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 6:57am On May 22, 2018
MissJoy29:

That's how I like mine. Not too thick and dry but kinda watery and oily. To achieve this, the tomato has to be bigger in quantity than the eggs. That's also why I add a little stock from whatever animal I'm using (chicken/turkey, goat, fish) to prepare it.
nice.. I love it watery and oily too

2 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by ELgordo(m): 6:59am On May 22, 2018
Ovoko.... I go cook this wan tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by peacockremi(m): 6:59am On May 22, 2018
kittykollinxx:
FTC 2nd runner up �
OK, go and meet IGP for ur award..... nonsense people scattered all over nairaland
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by biacan(f): 6:59am On May 22, 2018
lexy2014:
Ask your doctor
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 7:12am On May 22, 2018
lekkan:
Okay FTC
As the first to Comment on this post I didn't bother to read it's contents, while I'm sitting in a BRT bus going to Ikeja from Ikotun and this driver has spent 35mins turning in the roundabout , Im wondering when we'll get to Ikeja... Have a nice day Jare everybody

you ll get there before noon.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Bodeson025(m): 7:13am On May 22, 2018
you are a learner. waitin my mother dey prepared for me to carry go school since 90's as lunch
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by cassidy1996(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2018
wow! i like this............ early morning food for me

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Lapalapa: 7:17am On May 22, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
you did not add groundnut oil, and note.. if you want to eat it with yam it should contain a level of groundnut oil so that it will not be too dry but a little but watery and yummy.

What's the meaning of the minced garlic? Don't get that part

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 7:24am On May 22, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
OP you are wicked...angry

In university, I ate egg-stew and snacked on ground-nuts.

Woke up in night class by a loud sound escaping from my butt... Prapraprappapapa. shocked

The whole lecture hall erupted in laughter.

The End.... no Part 2 angry
Hahahahah lol, sorry About that.

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 7:25am On May 22, 2018
Lapalapa:

What's the meaning of the minced garlic? Don't get that part
OK, garlic that's not completely crushed, but chopped into tiny pieces
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by kenx1(m): 7:25am On May 22, 2018
...................Cholesterol loading
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 7:25am On May 22, 2018
cassidy1996:
wow! i like this............ early morning food for me
Yea, you can have some

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 7:27am On May 22, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
nice.. I love it watery and oily too
I love it watery and oily too kiss

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 7:27am On May 22, 2018
drealzum:
Egg sauce or egg stew?
Choose one
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by cassidy1996(m): 7:28am On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

Yea, you can have some
thanks dear!
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Ishilove: 7:36am On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

So guys, I came up with this easy Nigerian breakfast stew, it is one of my favorites and might just be what you need for today’s breakfast.
Egg stew is the best and simplest sauce for boiled yam or rice, it is prepared with eggs, diced tomatoes, peppers and onion and very easy to fix for breakfast.

This stew is very easy to prepare and gives room for addition of other spices like herbs and vegetables or even fish/minced meat. Instead of using fresh tomatoes, you can as well use canned tomatoes, it taste good with it.
However, egg stew can be served at lunch and dinner as well. Here is simple egg stew recipe for you, watch the video above and see how to make egg stew the easiest way.
This egg stew also complements fried plantain, yam chips and potatoes; you might as well love to pair yours with plain boiled rice.

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1 stock cube
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

Which one is 'scotch bonnet'? Why not kuku stick with calling it tatashe?
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by otunbadan(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2018
Things that hit front page these days ehn
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by kittykollinxx(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2018
peacockremi:

OK, go and meet IGP for ur award..... nonsense people scattered all over nairaland
It is just so unfortunate and unreasonable that a nonsense person with no foresight can say trash about great minds on Nairaland..
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Penuelseun(m): 7:49am On May 22, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
OP you are wicked...angry

In university, I ate egg-stew and snacked on ground-nuts.

Woke up in night class by a loud sound escaping from my butt... Prapraprappapapa. shocked

The whole lecture hall erupted in laughter.

The End.... no Part 2 angry
Oga abeg no injure me this early morning, I just dey laugh dey hold my bele
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by FakeAccount(m): 7:52am On May 22, 2018
lexy2014:

Guy, d tin taya me o! I no even know say u sef observe am.
Typhoid my black nyash!
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by lekkan(m): 8:04am On May 22, 2018
grin grin grin grin
wetyn man pikin go do my brother If he want chop?? cry

xreal:

See you.

In a bus at 6:25am to resume work probably at 8.
Wetin dey chase una comot for house?

I guess you will still have to queue at the bus station before boarding.

And you will return home between 9 and 10pm.

What a life you guys live in Lagos.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by lekkan(m): 8:05am On May 22, 2018
lol grin grin grin grin

quentin06:

you ll get there before noon.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by hellensexy: 8:07am On May 22, 2018
How To Start Egg Distribution Business Plan |Egg Supply Feasibility Study

How you thinking of starting a business(egg business) and of which you don’t
really have it in mind the right one to start. are you a house wife, lady
or a young girl do you really want to have time for your kids and same to
be doing a profitable business that will generate cool cash.

you are on the right site i will advice you to start u EGG DISTRIBUTION
BUSINESS TODAY it will give you all the time you need and also i will give
you guide line how to start it from right in your home.

Egg! You might agree that this is one very tasty delight. Whether, it is
served fried or boiled you can sure taste its goodness. There are loads
of folks who have plugged into running businesses revolving around eggs.

One good thing about this kind of venture is that you can start and operate
from your house and with low startup capital. It needs less documentation
and profit is sure assured.

Getting a loan from commercial banks to launch your business and even from
micro finance banks can seem like passing a camel through a needle’s eye.
However, the beauty of a business like egg delivery means that you wouldn’t
have to bother to raise a huge capital before you can get started. All you
would need to bring to the table would be your marketing skills, a delivery
van and your business card......
click here to read more[url][/url]http://howtosearchs.com/how-to-start-egg-distribution-business-plan-egg-supply-feasibility-study/

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by xreal: 8:22am On May 22, 2018
lekkan:
grin grin grin grin
wetyn man pikin go do my brother If he want chop?? cry

God will surely keep, guide and guard you.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by lexy2014: 8:27am On May 22, 2018
biacan:
Ask your doctor
so its ur doctor that told u groundnut oil causes typhoid
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Bigwin2018: 8:40am On May 22, 2018
[quote author=HazardMan pbost=67766675][/quote] I will try it at home on Sunday, I hope I mark out time for it.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Bigwin2018: 8:42am On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1 stock cube
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coconut Rice Made The Easy Way / The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.