Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (34293 Views)

I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Joemetry(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVT4buQyZWY

So guys, I came up with this easy Nigerian breakfast stew, it is one of my favorites and might just be what you need for today’s breakfast.
Egg stew is the best and simplest sauce for boiled yam or rice, it is prepared with eggs, diced tomatoes, peppers and onion and very easy to fix for breakfast.

This stew is very easy to prepare and gives room for addition of other spices like herbs and vegetables or even fish/minced meat. Instead of using fresh tomatoes, you can as well use canned tomatoes, it taste good with it.
However, egg stew can be served at lunch and dinner as well. Here is simple egg stew recipe for you, watch the video above and see how to make egg stew the easiest way.
This egg stew also complements fried plantain, yam chips and potatoes; you might as well love to pair yours with plain boiled rice.

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked
• 4 large tomatoes, diced
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 stock cube
• 2 scotch bonnets, chopped or dry pepper
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

correct you!!!

you see, I've really missed this our cooking alot.

Another addition to me!
I still have problems measuring salt ooo.

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Officialmanuel(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2018
hmmmmmm grin
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by ikorodureporta: 9:53am On May 22, 2018
Izit nt thesame egg & yam/plantain/rice i do everytime, u dnt even need thyme & curry...

Just fry yr onion, add tomatoes, allow to fry, & add pepper+salted egg, or without tomatoes, add some crayfish to fry with the onion, b4 adding the peppered/salted egg
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Samabu07(m): 9:57am On May 22, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
you did not add groundnut oil, and note.. if you want to eat it with yam it should contain a level of groundnut oil so that it will not be too dry but a little but watery and yummy.
I bet you meant to say oily and not watery.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by HeyCorleone(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2018
That year in 100lvl. Lordcat come and testify. cheesy
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by adamsumale(m): 11:44am On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

So guys, I came up with this easy Nigerian breakfast stew, it is one of my favorites and might just be what you need for today’s breakfast.
Egg stew is the best and simplest sauce for boiled yam or rice, it is prepared with eggs, diced tomatoes, peppers and onion and very easy to fix for breakfast.

This stew is very easy to prepare and gives room for addition of other spices like herbs and vegetables or even fish/minced meat. Instead of using fresh tomatoes, you can as well use canned tomatoes, it taste good with it.
However, egg stew can be served at lunch and dinner as well. Here is simple egg stew recipe for you, watch the video above and see how to make egg stew the easiest way.
This egg stew also complements fried plantain, yam chips and potatoes; you might as well love to pair yours with plain boiled rice.

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked[color=#990000][/color]
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1 stock cube
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

You for kukuma say "Three Ostrich Eggs na" no be only three large eggs...
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by lekkan(m): 12:56pm On May 22, 2018
Amen and you too
Thanks bro
xreal:

God will surely keep, guide and guard you.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 1:43pm On May 22, 2018
Joemetry:

correct you!!!

you see, I've really missed this our cooking alot.

Another addition to me!
I still have problems measuring salt ooo.
But you can always season a little at a time and taste before adding more.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by LoRdCaT(m): 4:20pm On May 22, 2018
HeyCorleone:
That year in 100lvl. Lordcat come and testify. cheesy
I didn't cook this in 100lvl oo grin
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by HeyCorleone(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2018
LoRdCaT:
I didn't cook this in 100lvl oo grin
But remember Kachi and Aristotle. cheesy
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by LoRdCaT(m): 4:27pm On May 22, 2018
HeyCorleone:

But remember Kachi and Aristotle. cheesy
of course I do. how can I not?
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Joemetry(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

But you can always season a little at a time and taste before adding more.

Yea yea.., I'll try all I can.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Kingspin(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2018
Good sauce

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Lapalapa: 11:14pm On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

OK, garlic that's not completely crushed, but chopped into tiny pieces
j

Thanks... I appreciate
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 11:29pm On May 22, 2018
Kingspin:
Good sauce
Thanks
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Kingspin(m): 12:12am On May 23, 2018
vinegurl:

Thanks
Last month, I was trying to prepare Egg stew having learnt it few year back believe me I mess up even stir my egg immediately. Though I ate it but never satisfied.When I saw your post, I smile and go through it. What a coincidence? Kudos!!!
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by pr0blem: 2:37am On May 23, 2018
nice stew.This is just perfect
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Spain007(m): 6:05am On May 23, 2018
biacan:
Too much of groundnut oil causes typhoid,fever and it destroys the eyes be careful with your intake

Cholesterol not left out....
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by LogicBomb8: 9:31am On Jun 12, 2022
Nice one
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by ama19: 10:13am On Jun 12, 2022
vinegurl:

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1 stock cube
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

Yummy, looks very nice. smiley
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Konquest: 11:57pm On Feb 23
vinegurl:

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1 stock cube
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Photo: Wow! This Is An Amazing Exhibition Of Creativity In Baking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.