Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? (28266 Views)

What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? / If You Were A Science Student In Secondary School You Need To See This / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Olalake(m): 7:34am On May 23, 2018
Metallurgical Engineering
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by pawshjai(f): 7:35am On May 23, 2018
earthsync:
welcome to Nigeria where you have to study a course because of how much money it'll give you rather than study what you actually really like
its a Pity
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by 360command: 7:37am On May 23, 2018
Bigboy289:
What is the best course that a science student can study in 2018/2019.A course that gives you a high paying job after you are through with it.A course that gives you comfortability and free.from much stress.A course that is really paying high salary in nigeria.
don't go and start commerce and think like an entrepreneur or better still, u better start your journey to Libya and enroute to Europe because by the time your mate finish school and start looking for job, you would have built a mansion by then.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by JerryLegend(m): 7:42am On May 23, 2018
Agriculture!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Dennismaria(m): 7:47am On May 23, 2018
Plant sciences and biotechnology

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Villager780: 7:52am On May 23, 2018
everyone will be mentioning his/her course
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Jman06(m): 7:53am On May 23, 2018
obowunmi:

Biochemistry
You are looking for whom to deceive shey??

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by MrUnder: 7:54am On May 23, 2018
Kosewe kosegbo technology
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Jman06(m): 7:55am On May 23, 2018
ritababe:

bio what? I would prefer microbiology that biochemistry.

I think he should go for Med Lab Sci
Both microbiology and biochemistry are in the same boat.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Jman06(m): 7:55am On May 23, 2018
ritababe:

bio what? I would prefer microbiology that biochemistry.

I think he should go for Med Lab Sci
Microbiology and biochemistry are in the same boat.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Tospark(m): 7:56am On May 23, 2018
Go for yahoo. No course can guarantee you balance diet except yahoo.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by AdeifofGod: 7:59am On May 23, 2018
Go for the course you are passionate about.

If you are yet to be passionate about any course.

Research on these courses:

Medical laboratory science

Medicine

Civil engineering

Computer science

Mechanic engineering

And above all, success is not only (but also ) about degree. Use your brain to learn new things in school e.g programming.

Good luck
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by obowunmi(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2018
Jman06:
You are looking for whom to deceive shey??

Do you know what biochem is about ?
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Nobody: 8:05am On May 23, 2018
oga70563:
Most times I wonder why people go to the University. The OP wants to study a course that would give him a high paying job. Is this the reason for attaining education?? Who designed this model??

We should study what makes us happy and can create an impact in the society. BTW, going to school can't make you rich, most big business men you would wish to work in their company never went to school. Even the entertainer and sportsmen makes more money than those who wear suits daily

I get really sad when I see hypoctical comments of this nature anywhere on our cyberspace. That's why I take out time to reply them.

I think you should quite watching fictitious movies, they haven't been helping you. In the western world, a lot more people than you can imagine go to school in order to secure a good jobs and earn a decent living out of it. However, since it's a working system over there, they wouldn't have to bother about which course is the highest paying because they could make a decent living from studying any course without dichotomy. Now you know.

And please, make no mistakes about it. Not going to school in Nigeria is a recipe for disaster. You're likely never going to see the light as against the abroad where homes have access to high speed internet connection which allows easier learning from the comfort of their homes. And as it stands today, there is hardly nothing anyone cannot learn online.

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Jman06(m): 8:09am On May 23, 2018
obowunmi:

Do you know what biochem is about ?
I'm a graduate of biochem (2-1). I can inform you with every authority that the course is not lucrative in Nigeria. It should only be studied by those who really have passion for research and teaching. Most of my course mates in biochem have left the field entirely.

Though an interesting course, it's values end mostly on papers.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 23, 2018
Jman06:
I'm a graduate of biochem (2-1). I can inform you with every authority that the course is not lucrative in Nigeria. It should only be studied by those who really have passion for research and teaching. Most of my course mates in biochem have left the field entirely.

Though an interesting course, it's values end mostly on papers.

For which school and why not walk you way into the school for lecturing?
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by mokt(m): 8:15am On May 23, 2018
Biochem or Computer Science.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by onyxo76(m): 8:17am On May 23, 2018
political science na....that's where the money is cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Nobody: 8:18am On May 23, 2018
N
Bigboy289:
What is the best course that a science student can study in 2018/2019.A course that gives you a high paying job after you are through with it.A course that gives you comfortability and free.from much stress.A course that is really paying high salary in nigeria.
Data science.... thank me later.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Jman06(m): 8:20am On May 23, 2018
writerights:

For which school and why not walk you way into the school for lecturing?
A federal university (name withheld for a reason).

I never had passion for lecturing.

I'm now in pharmacy and more fulfilled!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by AreaFada2: 8:22am On May 23, 2018
earthsync:
welcome to Nigeria where you have to study a course because of how much money it'll give you rather than study what you actually really like

A sad situation. Not for passion, not for vision to contribute to body of knowledge. Just for money & prestige. For that reason people with very poor social & emotional skills become doctors and nurses, instead doing material engineering or such courses. Later we complain they have no empathy. They were never cut out for such mature & emotionally drain profession. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by chukzyfcbb: 8:22am On May 23, 2018
computer science, computer engineering, information technology, anything ICT is where the money at and will be in future.

Look around you, everything is becoming digitized, life is becoming less stressful. Who are those responsible for this? Ans; IT GUYS

Go fr those courses I mentioned above and have added IT skills you will pick up from your semester break.

BUT then, I will never advise someone to study a course simply for financial gain. You will never unleash your true potential if you do so.

Some people are just master sales person, they can sell anything to anybody even if the customer is an Eskimo, yet they are forced to read medicine/Engr.

Find your strength and go for it. Go for added skills/ Professional certfs during the semester break (one mistake under graduates never pay attention to)
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Sam0405: 8:23am On May 23, 2018
Bigboy289:

Just go for computer programming
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by pinnkpill: 8:26am On May 23, 2018
Go for software Engineering
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Mcslize: 8:30am On May 23, 2018
Bigboy289:

Engineering degree all the way. All engineering degrees are professional courses. You can decide to migrate using any engineering degree.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by JARUSHUB: 8:31am On May 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by cpu2006(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2018
Urban and Regional Planning.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Gerrard59(m): 8:35am On May 23, 2018
Bigboy289:

There is no real definition of any course that enables you earn huge salaries. The closest article on that from a Nigerian perspective is:
http://www.jarushub.com/7-industries-and-career-fields-for-comfortable-living-in-nigeria/

That said: If you are 20 years old, don't study any discipline that its duration is 5 years in a public institution. Don't try it!
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Mcslize: 8:36am On May 23, 2018
sykeng:

really like? this is the reason many of us are stucked in the labour market, op if I ll advise you, go for med lab, nursing, pharm, radiography, medicine and most engineering course, with all these courses you can easily migrate to countries where these professions are needed like Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc, enough benefits in Nigeria and oversea. Do not rush into school until u get the course you really want to study. know what you want and go for it, taking from experience.

Op heed to this call. You can never go wrong with any of these listed courses. They are highly sort after and have been in the skill shortage list of some high end countries like New Zealand, Canada and Australia.

If you do not prefer any of the above listed medical courses, definitely your best bet should be any of the engineering courses as far as it is a 5 years engineering course ,you are good to go.

like me, I major in Chemical Engineering. And I love it.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:39am On May 23, 2018
Everything about the science's is good.. it is you as an individual finding your interest and thinking outside the box making yours unique and at the tailend yielding lasting gains and knowledge that people from generation to generation will read and make references too.

Sciences being the systematic study of structure and behaviour of physical and natural world through observation and discovery... as an individual find out what your passion is... areas like innovation and creativity( A a new method new idea)Technology. Research and discovery( finding out things and bringing out your brand or problem solving pertaining to human race... in the area of medicine.

Science itself is wide and broad discover your passion in it, at the same time think outside the box who knows you could be our BLACK BILLGATE having your company, employing people who will add value and growth.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Godson201333(m): 8:45am On May 23, 2018
rxmusa:
INSIGHTFUL OBSERVER says:
Every profession is important and needed by the society. The choice of course to study is usually motivated by several factors, of all the reasons, job security is by far the most regarded yardstick in making a career choice.

PHARMACY
Pharmacy is a course that deals with the art and science of drug knowledge in all its aspects and ramifications, ranging from drug discovery, drug use, pharmacotherapy, toxicology and a host of other aspects.

This is a course that can be pursued by a science student for the benefits that come with studying it. These benefits include:

1. Job Security
Pharmacy is a course that guarantees Job, either self-employment or civil service. Considering the Nigerian situation, most people are after what will offer them food on the table.
There isn't sufficient number of Pharmacists to cater for the Nigerian population, could you imagine as of 2010, there was only one Indigene Pharmacist from Zamfara state and one Pharmacy in Jigawa state despite the numerous opportunities.

2. Service to humanity
There is no greater joy than helping people, it gets back to someone in different ways.

3. In-study Financial opportunities
As a pharmacy student, one is eligible for oil scholarships such as Chevron, NNPC/TOTAL, AGBAMI, SHELL, SABF that usually give amount ranging from N100,000, N150,000 to N200,000 and you can get more than one, though now they're mostly restricting a person to only one.

If you are from states like Jigawa, Kaduna, Adamawa, Zamfara, Kebbi, Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi. You'll be bonded with the state government and they'll be paying you monthly salary of different amount ranging from N27,000 to N48,000 which should be enough to help sustain you.

4. Nobility and Prestige
Pharmacy is a noble course, being a Pharmacist comes with prestige and nobility, it commands respect and admiration.

I'm proud to be a Pharmacist

It is disgrace to be a Pharmacist in Nigeria.I do not even like this your own idea or point ...How can we have so many Pharmacists in Nigeria and yet the society consume imported drugs??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by CYBERCRIME(m): 8:45am On May 23, 2018
Am proud to be civil Engineer I ��� cool
CivilianJTF:
Come to engineering family, you will like it.

Stress will become part of you and you will enjoy life with it. Why? Because every now and then your brain is being subjected to the stress of getting things done. You are a problem solver... The money is there, but you will be stressed.

TeamEngineers!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adènipèkun Harmony Lies On The Ground For His Mother, As He's Called To Bar / FUTA Direct Entry 2013/2014 Thread ! / Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.