Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? (28107 Views)

What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? / If You Were A Science Student In Secondary School You Need To See This / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Enskynelson(m): 8:47am On May 23, 2018
Go for B.Sc. Nursing and you will be sought after all over the world.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by adekjohnny: 8:54am On May 23, 2018
Am a graduate of engineering but I will advice u to go for the top medical courses such as medicine, nursing or mls. If not go for any engineering course which are all professionals, preferably electrical or chemical engineering. Though I studied chemical engineering but to study engineering u must be analytical. With the top medical and engineering courses u can easily get job in advanced countries once u upgrade urself in their country....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Toks2008(m): 8:54am On May 23, 2018
Go and study how to use Ewe and Egbo (Herbs) to cure aiments.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by okolet(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2018
Ask Olamide cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by guru90: 8:57am On May 23, 2018
Study computer science and know some parts of programming languages or Networking or web technology...

SELF EMPLOYED BUSINESS!!!!

IF YOU DONT WANNA WORK FOR PERSON...

I AM A LEAVING TESTIMONY ABOUT COMPUTER SCIENCE COURSE!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 23, 2018
writerights:

I get really sad when I see hypoctical comments of this nature anywhere on our cyberspace. That's why I take out time to reply them.

I think you should quite watching fictitious movies, they haven't been helping you. In the western world, a lot more people than you can imagine go to school in order to secure a good jobs and earn a decent living out of it. However, since it's a working system over there, they wouldn't have to bother about which course is the highest paying because they could make a decent living from studying any course without dichotomy. Now you know.

And please, make no mistakes about it. Not going to school in Nigeria is a recipe for disaster. You're likely never going to see the light as against the abroad where homes have access to high speed internet connection which allows easier learning from the comfort of their homes. And as it stands today, there is hardly nothing anyone cannot learn online.

so because the white man claims so, you agree with them. what's the essence of going to school when you still rely on the white man for information and can't process it with your common sense
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by kolaish(m): 9:00am On May 23, 2018
sykeng:

really like? this is the reason many of us are stucked in the labour market, op if I ll advise you, go for med lab, nursing, pharm, radiography, medicine and most engineering course, with all these courses you can easily migrate to countries where these professions are needed like Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc, enough benefits in Nigeria and oversea. Do not rush into school until u get the course you really want to study. know what you want and go for it, taking from experience.
Good contribution.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by jaychubi: 9:00am On May 23, 2018
Medicine
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by 9isguy(m): 9:01am On May 23, 2018
If you can't get MBBS, then go for Anatomy...then get d Fvck out of the country
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by jaychubi: 9:06am On May 23, 2018
The truth is dt no course will guarantee u anything in Nigeria without strong connection.

Even if u read Igbo language however u can work in oil company with strong connection.

Ur connection is d main thing
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Ilerioluwa02: 9:13am On May 23, 2018
Shakushaku oshozondi science wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Ilerioluwa02: 9:15am On May 23, 2018
Well, you can go for computer science.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by femtex007(m): 9:18am On May 23, 2018
Go for surveying and geoinformatics. U will thank me later
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Nobody: 9:19am On May 23, 2018
ritababe:

bio what? I would prefer microbiology that biochemistry.

I think he should go for Med Lab Sci
do you know u can do microbiology, come out and do medlab 2 years masters. And open up a lab?
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Nobody: 9:20am On May 23, 2018
geozeed:
Go for any geoscience course: be it geology or geophysics
rubbish, I am a geophysicist .
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Jman06(m): 9:27am On May 23, 2018
Godson201333:

It is disgrace to be a Pharmacist in Nigeria.I do not even like this your own idea or point ...How can we have so many Pharmacists in Nigeria and yet the society consume imported drugs??
You're just a hater!

We have a good number of pharmaceutical manufacturing industries in Nigeria who are doing well despite the hash Nigerian environment. A good example is Emzor with a wide product range in the market.
More industries are still coming on board if only your government could do the needful especially in the power sector.

I chose pharmacy and I'm very happy i did.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by gentlegenius(m): 9:34am On May 23, 2018
Bigboy289:
What is the best course that a science student can study in 2018/2019.A course that gives you a high paying job after you are through with it.A course that gives you comfortability and free.from much stress.A course that is really paying high salary in nigeria.
It seems nobody is able and willing to give you a good advice here...
But I'll volunteer to tell you this truth:
The era of high paying jobs and job security is over. If that is your reasons for seeking a course to study in school, then you must think twice. I'll advice you to forget about all the courses people are suggesting here, and if you really desire to make more money with little stress, then forget about school as well. Because there is no school that will teach you or equip you well to achieve this desire.
As you already know, schools will only prepare you to be an employee, but we don't have the Labour market or employees market anymore. What we now have is unemployment market. To confirm this, look around your environment and you'll find out that many of those who graduated in the last 3 or 4 years are still jobless or underemployed. None of them is able to land high paying jobs like oil companies, telecommunication companies or even custom service anymore. This is because jobs in high paying firms like oil companies and telecommunication companies have been shifted abroad to foreign firms on contract. So those foreign firms will come into Nigeria and perhaps, hire you for a period of 3-6 months with nothing like job security, just to help them handle their project. Once they finish the project, they will dump you and move on. This is very common in this country today. No high paying company will want to employ you on a permanent basis and we can not blame these companies for not employing anymore. It's one of their strategies to survive this global economic crisis that currently rocks our world.
To realize your desire of getting more money with little stress, I will urge you once again to look around your environment. You'll find out that there are people who are actually making cool cash with little or no stress. A little research into what these people do will show you that:
1. Most of them didn't go to school to study any course.
2. Almost all of them are working for themselves, not any company or governmental entities.
3. You'll find out that most of them makes their money by discovering a need in their environment and provide solutions by creating products or services that meets the needs of the people.

This is the true way to make more money with little stress.
Going to school is an outdated idea... Get rid of this archaic mentality!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by arcdone(m): 9:36am On May 23, 2018
Skyken99:
Free from stress... And high pay..!!
Brother u no get joy!
i go get now
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Nobody: 9:36am On May 23, 2018
oga70563:

so because the white man claims so, you agree with them. what's the essence of going to school when you still rely on the white man for information and can't process it with your common sense

The difference between that white man and you is he conducted a research to that effect before coming up with statistics. Should it be you don't know, Washington Post is one of the most widely read and perhaps reputation media outlets in the US. In contrast, you unintelligent but egocentric black man take pride in your folly. You know nothing and aren't willing to learn. How sad!

From your response, I understand you are not well educated and I would continue to waste my time engaging you. I'd rather encourage to go back to school and wisen up to study a course that may feed you and your family at the end of your programme. Till then, I we don't have a business together.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by nadisman(m): 9:41am On May 23, 2018
people way go school dey regret u stull wan go no go carry u weac and find some great tin while u still young b4 dos ur mate way go school go comot u go dey giv testimony.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by kenechi072: 9:47am On May 23, 2018
My dear. Go for Engineering or computer courses. They are very versatile and you can find these people in almost all industries. Also core medical professions are also good e.g radiography, med lab. You'll appreciate these courses i listed especially when you want to immigrate. It will be easier to settle down and find a job with these professions.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by msughdoo: 9:48am On May 23, 2018
Sadly, you guys must play second fiddle to us the medical doctors. Sorry, bu that is the way it will always be.

rxmusa:
INSIGHTFUL OBSERVER says:
Every profession is important and needed by the society. The choice of course to study is usually motivated by several factors, of all the reasons, job security is by far the most regarded yardstick in making a career choice.

PHARMACY
Pharmacy is a course that deals with the art and science of drug knowledge in all its aspects and ramifications, ranging from drug discovery, drug use, pharmacotherapy, toxicology and a host of other aspects.

This is a course that can be pursued by a science student for the benefits that come with studying it. These benefits include:

1. Job Security
Pharmacy is a course that guarantees Job, either self-employment or civil service. Considering the Nigerian situation, most people are after what will offer them food on the table.
There isn't sufficient number of Pharmacists to cater for the Nigerian population, could you imagine as of 2010, there was only one Indigene Pharmacist from Zamfara state and one Pharmacy in Jigawa state despite the numerous opportunities.

2. Service to humanity
There is no greater joy than helping people, it gets back to someone in different ways.

3. In-study Financial opportunities
As a pharmacy student, one is eligible for oil scholarships such as Chevron, NNPC/TOTAL, AGBAMI, SHELL, SABF that usually give amount ranging from N100,000, N150,000 to N200,000 and you can get more than one, though now they're mostly restricting a person to only one.

If you are from states like Jigawa, Kaduna, Adamawa, Zamfara, Kebbi, Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi. You'll be bonded with the state government and they'll be paying you monthly salary of different amount ranging from N27,000 to N48,000 which should be enough to help sustain you.

4. Nobility and Prestige
Pharmacy is a noble course, being a Pharmacist comes with prestige and nobility, it commands respect and admiration.

I'm proud to be a Pharmacist
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Myketuale(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2018
ritababe:

bio what? I would prefer microbiology that biochemistry.

I think he should go for Med Lab Sci
y did u dislike biochemistry??
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Myketuale(m): 9:57am On May 23, 2018
Jman06:
You are looking for whom to deceive shey??

what's wrong with biochemistry??
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by ritababe(f): 10:08am On May 23, 2018
CHESTER48:
do you know u can do microbiology, come out and do medlab 2 years masters. And open up a lab?

how please am interested

give me the full details please.
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Nobody: 10:15am On May 23, 2018
writerights:

The difference between that white man and you is he conducted a research to that effect before coming up with statistics. Should it be you don't know, Washington Post is one of the most widely read and perhaps reputation media outlets in the US. In contrast, you unintelligent but egocentric black man take pride in your folly. You know nothing and aren't willing to learn. How sad!

From your response, I understand you are well educated and I would continue to waste my time engaging you. I'd rather encourage to go back to school and wisen up to study a course that may feed you and your family at the end of your programme. Till then, I we don't have a business together.

Agony of a lowlifes who can't make a concentric argument without peddling insult. Do yourself a favour and practice what you just suggested
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Jman06(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2018
Myketuale:

what's wrong with biochemistry??
I'm not implying that it is too bad a course to study, but you just have to know that it is not a lucrative course as far as Nigeria is concerned. Nevertheless, if you really have interest in it, then you have got to have a passion for teaching and researches as well. After your first degree proceed immediately to MSc and PhD. Don't start wandering about in search of non-existing jobs. You can take teaching jobs in private schools and tutorial centers and also look out for scholarships to support yourself while studying for your postgraduates.

Don't listen to anybody that would start telling you that you can work in pharmaceutical companies (pharmacists will so use you eeh). Decent pharmaceutical jobs may be available, especially in quality control, but you will be required to have atleast a masters and the pay is usually not very fantastic. Besides, you'll have graduates of other sciences like chemistry, industrial chemistry, microbiology etc competing for that same position.
I had first hand experience of how things are in the labour market, so I'll not advise anybody to study biochemistry unless they have passion for the academia.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by michealogrin(m): 10:51am On May 23, 2018
Biology Engineering ;DBiology Engineering
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Olaiya26: 10:52am On May 23, 2018
Hacking technology. Its a nice course
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by doctorseven: 10:57am On May 23, 2018
Bigboy289:
What is the best course that a science student can study in 2018/2019.A course that gives you a high paying job after you are through with it.A course that gives you comfortability and free.from much stress.A course that is really paying high salary in nigeria.

The best course to study now is JOHESU
that's hot cake course now.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by david290(m): 11:04am On May 23, 2018
I'll be radically blunt with my contribution. That mentioned, here are a few tips that can guide you:
* High paying job that offer lesser stress come without the noise - and shouldn't be one that will be suggested or recommended to you; it should be you taking the concious effort to unearth them. It's fine people are suggesting IT skills. But I want to tell you that someone like Neil Patel, Brian Dean do SEO consultancy for top brands like HP and Amazon (and, well, I need not tell you how much they'll charge in consultancy fee). PS: Brian Dean has a Master in something related to Nutrition. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? And even more ridiculous - Colin Theriot. He's the owner of the Cult of Copy group on Facebook. Besides he has his own IM product - copywriting course - he as well consult for household names netting them up to six figures in income (again you can imagine how much he'll gross as consultancy fee. And I must add: he get booked over almost all the time). Another person I want to cite is Lincoln Murphy. What this one does is to help startups and brands optimize their approach so that there's less customer churn. You see? Another tip:
* You don't necessarily require a paper cert to qualify for high paying job that offers lesser stress; you just must be willing to offer real value (as against more efforts = stress - as is synonymous to majority of the science based courses as are being suggested to you).
* And for Pete's sake - if you're fixated on taking a science based course, look anywhere else except Nigerian Public institutions. No serious employer will employ you based on what you're being taught in class!
Re: What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? by Austinoiz(m): 11:40am On May 23, 2018
Weedology with specialization in Dry Plaintain Leaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JSS2 Student In Coma After A Fight Between Secondary School & Technical College / Photo: Prof Reacts To His Student Acknowledging His Babe In His Project. / Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.