Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle (908 Views)

Couple Caught Having Sex On The Street In London Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pix) / A Nairalander Weds Amid Coronavirus Crisis / Actor Brendan Fraser Looks Totally Unrecognizable And Now Has A Pot Belly PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle by Timekeeper: 4:10pm On May 22, 2018
Jet Li, 55, looks frail and unrecognizable amid battle with 'hyperthyroidism and spinal problems'
dailymail.co.uk May 21, 2018 8:35 PM

Chinese superstar Jet Li looked far more advanced than his 55 years in a newly-surfaced fan photo recently taken at a Tibetan temple.

The Beijing-born, Singapore-based actor's frail appearance is reportedly due to his health problems - including hyperthyroidism, a heart condition, and past leg/spine injuries from stunts.

Back in 2013, the retired Wushu champion admitted his doctor gave him a choice to 'either continue making [action] films or spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair' - according to THR.

Scroll down for video

Devout Buddhist: Chinese superstar Jet Li (R) looked far more advanced than his 55 years in a newly-surfaced fan photo recently taken at a Tibetan temple
Devout Buddhist: Chinese superstar Jet Li (R) looked far more advanced than his 55 years in a newly-surfaced fan photo recently taken at a Tibetan temple
Worrying: The Beijing-born, Singapore-based actor's frail appearance is reportedly due to his health problems - including hyperthyroidism, a heart condition, and past leg/spine injuries from stunts
Worrying: The Beijing-born, Singapore-based actor's frail appearance is reportedly due to his health problems - including hyperthyroidism, a heart condition, and past leg/spine injuries from stunts
'I wish you happy holidays in the great year 2018!' Jet (born Lǐ Liánjié) said in a December 21 video.

'I really hope you and your family be healthy and happy. I will share more about my life in the near future. Thank you for all the support.'

Just five years earlier, Li fired a machine gun in a helicopter alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger as the hand-to-hand combat expert Yin Yang in The Expendables 3.

The One Foundation founder memorably played the late R&B songstress Aaliyah's love interest in the 2000 flick Romeo Must Die, and then starred in her subsequent Try Again music video.

Occupational hazard: Back in 2013, the retired Wushu champion admitted his doctor gave him a choice to 'either continue making [action] films or spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair' (pictured in 2016)
Occupational hazard: Back in 2013, the retired Wushu champion admitted his doctor gave him a choice to 'either continue making [action] films or spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair' (pictured in 2016)
'I will share more about my life in the near future': Jet's gradually changing appearance can be seen in these images dated December 2017 (L) and February 2017 (R)
'I will share more about my life in the near future': Jet's gradually changing appearance can be seen in these images dated December 2017 (L) and February 2017 (R)
Legend: Just five years earlier, Li fired a machine gun in a helicopter alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger as the hand-to-hand combat expert Yin Yang in The Expendables 3
Legend: Just five years earlier, Li fired a machine gun in a helicopter alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger as the hand-to-hand combat expert Yin Yang in The Expendables 3

Leading man: The One Foundation founder memorably played the late R&B songstress Aaliyah's (R) love interest in the 2000 flick Romeo Must Die, and then starred in her subsequent Try Again music video
Leading man: The One Foundation founder memorably played the late R&B songstress Aaliyah's (R) love interest in the 2000 flick Romeo Must Die, and then starred in her subsequent Try Again music video
Breakout: And the divorced father-of-four - now married to Nina Li Chi - made his American movie debut as the villain Wah Sing Ku in Lethal Weapon 4 opposite Mel Gibson (R) in 1998
Breakout: And the divorced father-of-four - now married to Nina Li Chi - made his American movie debut as the villain Wah Sing Ku in Lethal Weapon 4 opposite Mel Gibson (R) in 1998
And the divorced father-of-four - now married to Nina Li Chi - made his American movie debut as the villain Wah Sing Ku in Lethal Weapon 4 opposite Mel Gibson in 1998.

Jet - who survived the 2004 tsunami - will next host the reality competition King of Bots, which airs later this year in China.

Li will next play the Emperor of China in Disney's live-action version of Mulan, which doesn't hit UK/US theaters until March 27, 2020.

'Machine vs. Machine for some fun and entertainment': Jet - who survived the 2004 tsunami - will next host the reality competition King of Bots, which airs later this year in China
'Machine vs. Machine for some fun and entertainment': Jet - who survived the 2004 tsunami - will next host the reality competition King of Bots, which airs later this year in China

Re: Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle by aragonchuks(m): 4:20pm On May 22, 2018
Aroma shitta
Re: Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle by mikejj(m): 4:39pm On May 22, 2018
grin eyah.and he acted black panther well
Re: Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 22, 2018
Romeo must die featuring the late aliyah is one of my favorite jet Li's movie..
Then you have to give up for the Defender..
Re: Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle by nuggarito: 4:47pm On May 22, 2018
This man issa living legend, one of the pioneers of film trick. Likes of once upon a time in China. Master Wong fi hung
grin grin
Re: Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle by kushercain: 6:52pm On May 22, 2018
Op if u wan copy and paste dey copy and paste with sense na

1 Like

Re: Jet Li, 55, Looks Frail And Unrecognizable Amid Battle by tee59(f): 6:56pm On May 22, 2018
I refuse to believe this. That can be him? grin

(1) (Reply)

Am In Pains. Please Help Me / Do You Think Dillish Is Being Sincere Here? Ladies What is Your Take? (pics) / Watch Video Of Alleged G-boys Arriving Enugu State For A ‘benz Party’ Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.