Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs (31074 Views)

MTN, GLO, Others Threaten To Increase Tariffs / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Dee60: 7:57am On May 23, 2018
Slurity:
Mention one country that price of things keep going down. You guys better wake up to realities

The reality here is that sometimes you are paying more whereas the service is getting worse! There is no sane country where that happens!
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Slurity(m): 7:58am On May 23, 2018
Inspire01:
But both price and quality service should be going up. We can't keep paying high price for low quality
what is your proof that quality keeps going down? is this the level of speed browsing 5 or 10 years ago?
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by merrymaker2: 7:59am On May 23, 2018
Slurity:
Mention one country that price of things keep going down. You guys better wake up to realities
It is true. Bt, d workers are well paid in som of dose countries.

1 Like

Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by AdeniyiA(m): 8:00am On May 23, 2018
EMPTYHEN call service has been extremely bad for days now...
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:08am On May 23, 2018
DSS1335:
angry
How significant is 0.005%
Lets assume that the annual turn over balance of most operators as domiciled with bank is about N15,000,000,000.
0.005% which is 0.00005 x N15b, is it something that those stingy operators won't be able to pay, that they want their subscribers to bear the brunt?

The article didn't say annual. And if for every electronic transaction you pay.0005 charge ten it means that when you make payment of ten million naira you are going to have to pay 50k as charge which has is rather very high a price to pay for the use of the medium

Mind you, it affects banks not just telecommunications companies

1 Like

Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Akinz0126(m): 8:21am On May 23, 2018
Unfortunately Nigeria is heading towards the edge of the cliff.

Rev has never been planned it's a matter of time anyway. Until we take our destinies into our own hands na like this we go dey dey.

What was the final stroll that broke the camels back that triggered French revolution again?

Increase in the price of bread.

Nigeria and Nigerians missed the person of Fela Anikulapo ransom kuti.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Hairyrapunzel: 8:23am On May 23, 2018
Just to clamp down on social media activities. We go hear weeeen for this country
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by joegab: 8:27am On May 23, 2018
Governor of central bank Emefele is such a fool and wicked entity, why is he always come up with policies that makes things hard on Nigeria populace
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by nelsonebby(m): 8:32am On May 23, 2018
Vicintonsh:
It's sad that we get to go through all these. How can you increase data and call tariffs when your services are not even encouraging.
Even Glo wants to increase angry , Mtn that was even trying has been hell these past few days, you get full network coverage, 3.5G, but you can't even load a page without having to continually hit the refresh button (they now cut you off and double zap your data) , airtel will use 500MB to load a page for you

Who will save us??!! cry
Guy mtn is the best
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by soliddust2020: 8:33am On May 23, 2018
So this guys no won't make we fit afford data again. Very soon them go soon impose poo tax on Nigerians, Daura loading 2019.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by joenor(m): 8:36am On May 23, 2018
My broda they are clothed in shame
Partnerbiz:
where are those shouting sai baba?
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Vicintonsh(m): 8:36am On May 23, 2018
nelsonebby:

Guy mtn is the best
They used to be, I have been experiencing very poor services from them of recent, I have subscribed 4 times since yesterday. I just subscribe and within minutes, 0MB, I have been trying to reach customer care to know what the problem is, cos it's no longer funny angry
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by joenor(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2018
Where is this country heading to??
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by eljydoski: 8:40am On May 23, 2018
Not to worry,
Hit me up for cheap internet data(work on all devices that use internet)
1gb for 650naira
2gb for 1300
3gb for 1800
4gb for 2400
5gb for3000
and so on
Cheap reliable,and last very long.
All bundles valid for 90days(3 months,have very low burning rate and work on all data enabled devices.
Thanks
Contact 08133059314 (calls n whasapp)

Thanks
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by chukzyfcbb: 8:49am On May 23, 2018
I don't get it, data tariff was increased just last year. I remember Mtn used to be 2gig for 1000naira, now its 1gig + 500mb(night only).

Even GLO had 3.5gig or so for 1k, but that's non existent now.

So they waited for people to get accustomed to the new price for several months, indirectly forcing them to forget about the former price so they can hike it again, wicked lots!

2 Likes

Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Abudu2000(m): 8:54am On May 23, 2018
It's better that way. Certain category of ppl shouldn't be online.when a pooper feel the need to insult someone who can buy his entire existence then there's indeed a shift in balance.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Enice(m): 9:00am On May 23, 2018
Partnerbiz:
where are those shouting sai baba?
na baba be NASS. Make you try get sense.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by GENTLETEE(m): 9:01am On May 23, 2018
Is this enough to increase tariff? only Nigerian things Dey different!! Make dem clear!!
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by chisure: 9:04am On May 23, 2018
Another Company should take advantage of this HIGH TARIFFS. Focus more on DATA than Calls. DATA is the in thing.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by deafeyez: 9:13am On May 23, 2018
DSS1335:
angry
How significant is 0.005%
Lets assume that the annual turn over balance of most operators as domiciled with bank is about N15,000,000,000.
0.005% which is 0.00005 x N15b, is it something that those stingy operators won't be able to pay, that they want their subscribers to bear the brunt?

Taking your assumption into consideration, I may want to believe there is a ploy by the government and the financial institution to extort money from her citizens.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by gabbie77: 9:21am On May 23, 2018
smiley
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by alextobi1247: 9:24am On May 23, 2018
Still dont beleive this.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by lilkudos(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2018
Epileptic country!!!

I'll just keep buying from a data vendor..

I don't patronize those theives anymore.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by olatade(m): 9:47am On May 23, 2018
jtjohn:
Please, I want to ask a question. what are the masses benefiting from this country called NIGERIA.

just the air we breath, that's all we enjoy for now

1 Like

Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by boyjo: 9:57am On May 23, 2018
edlion57:
Bad news every morning....nawa...till when

Good news every morning.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Reference(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2018
marsh4332:
Hmmm, even Snail Glo. Glo should increase its data speed instead.

Exactly. GLO should not be permitted to increase anything.
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Dollabiz: 10:02am On May 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs by Reference(m): 10:12am On May 23, 2018
Slurity:

But mention one sane country where prices continually goes up without commensurate improvement. Better, faster, safer is alien to Nigeria. The people will resist this and quality will suffer. That is the summary of an unaccountable country. They have gone to great lengths to explain what they want to get via taxation. What do you know about the product of such taxation, nothing. And you a typical sheepish Nigerian citizen with zero ability to hold people accountable jump to suport it. That is the origins of corruption, unvetted wanton taxation. The National Assembly should be informed and it be suspended until it is fully vetted and agreed by all. This is a democracy, not a banana republic where some idiot will just wake up and destabilise people. Cyber security my rear end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Increases Their Internet Data Bundle Allowance / My Experience In Computer Village, Ikeja Yesterday / Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.