Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Is It A Must To Buy Domain And Web Hosting For My Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It A Must To Buy Domain And Web Hosting For My Wordpress (413 Views)

Xmas Bonus Buy Domain Name And Hosting 2,250naira / Get your wordpress site for 5k. If you buy domain and host yourself / What Is The Most Prefered Nigeria Bank ATM To Buy Domain Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Must To Buy Domain And Web Hosting For My Wordpress by bukanchris20: 11:32am On May 24, 2018
Webmasters, Please Help Me Out, i want to buy domain for my wordpress blog but i spotted add web hosting but currently i only want to buy domain becos of money. please help me
Re: Is It A Must To Buy Domain And Web Hosting For My Wordpress by TopYouGo: 4:04pm On May 24, 2018
If I understand your question very well, you want to know if ‘it’s compulsory to buy a domain and web hosting for a WordPress site’.

Yes, it is of paramount importance to buy a domain name and a web-hosting account if you wish to run a standard website/ a stand-alone website. This gives you full features and adequate control over the development of your site with a professional finish.

However, if you don’t mind having a limited amount of features and control on your site, you can register an account with 'WordPress', and create a 'WordPress' name extension domain. This enables you to create a free account and website for the general public. But the downside is the fact that the account will have very limited features and the 'WordPress' domain extension will always be present which is unprofessional.
Re: Is It A Must To Buy Domain And Web Hosting For My Wordpress by SirLakes: 7:48pm On May 24, 2018
Yes! If you want a wordpress site with yourname.com and not a yourname.

Check my signature to join discussion with other webmasters wink

(1) (Reply)

... / In Need Of Twitter Account / Hire A Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.