Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! (54375 Views)

India's First 32-inch QLED TV From Infinix Will Go On Sale Soon At A Fair Price / Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Is This Why Tecno Phones Are Crap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by donkarmal(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2018
You are right bro, I bought tecno R7 for 30k few years back and after 15 months, the charging port was not working, I took it to tecno office at Mokola in Ibadan, I was told the problem is from the panel, therefore I'll pay 18k. Since then I vowed not to use chinko phones again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by HeyCorleone(m): 11:36am On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:
What is wrong with this guy Are you been paid to bring these phone brands down or what? Why do you keep creating threads to tarnish the image of these phone manufacturers?

Simply because you were unfortunate to purchase a defective unit from one of these manufacturers is not enough reason to come here and condemn all of them.... I can remember i bought one infinix some time in early 2015, and it's still working perfectly up till now even after falling severally. Although I have given it out and the person is still using it.

I don't think he's tarnishing anyone's image.

He's only calling them out on their bullshit.

Why claim to have specs you don't have? It's rubbish na.

3 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 11:36am On May 25, 2018
Budex40:

Fyi, ZTE ,huawei phones are sold in the US. Recently, congress voted to ban ZTE devices

No they don't. Show me a store that sell their phones in the US. Not online stores, I mean can u get them from any carrier?
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by grandstar(m): 11:39am On May 25, 2018
wisdomkid:

Please, what is patent infringements?
If you do really know phones, you will know almost all the latest phones are copying hiphone x, and the samsung 18:9 ratio

If they want to use any patented parts in their phones, they should have the permission to do so and pay if the paten holders demand such.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by HeyCorleone(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2018
polimaf:
You don't understand international business yet @op. what will you say about Oppo in India, Imobile in France, and other phones in several countries that are not global?

You don't understand the whole phone business thing, just drop your pen and go to sleep.

There is nothing like understanding business here. Forget the lack of global recognition. Why lie? You don't use Corning Gorilla, why lie? You don't use Qualcomm Snapdragon, why lie? Or is that all part of phone business too?

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by newjosboy: 11:41am On May 25, 2018
Next phone: Gionee M7
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 11:44am On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:
What is wrong with this guy Are you been paid to bring these phone brands down or what? Why do you keep creating threads to tarnish the image of these phone manufacturers?

Simply because you were unfortunate to purchase a defective unit from one of these manufacturers is not enough reason to come here and condemn all of them.... I can remember i bought one infinix some time in early 2015, and it's still working perfectly up till now even after falling severally. Although I have given it out and the person is still using it.

simply because you are rich enough to buy a chinko phones fortunate to use it beyond its life span & give it out to someone, maybe ur babe,, is not enough reason to come online n downgrade her,,what if she is reading as well.
do not let your left hand know even what right hand gives out,,
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by sangresan(m): 11:47am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:

Oh, man is wiki a personal website too? How come you're deflecting the facts with irrelevant issues.

These are the facts.

* Transsion Holdings announced its recent devices use Corning Gorrila glass and Corning doesn't list Tecno or infinix or Itel as OEMs using its technology or hardware

* Transsion Holdings says some of its devices use Qualcomm's Snapdragon chipset. Again Qualcomm didn't list Tecno or infinix or Itel using its Chipset.

* Two global bodies, the EC and FCC certify all global brands to affirm they comply with international standards. Transsion Holdings do not send their models to these bodies for certification.

I understand why you choose to avoid facts for cheap smear, afterall, it's not a nice realisation that you're a consequence of scam.

Global bodies dominated by the Americans....Global bodies indeed...
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Donutcracker: 11:52am On May 25, 2018
[quote author=HeyCorleone post=67866079]

I don't think he's tarnishing anyone's image.

He's only calling them out on their bullshit.

Why claim to have specs you don't have? It's rubbish na. [/quote

I'm not a big fan of Chinese brands but sentiments apart the truth is
regarding the specs ish, no major OEM can dare try such a big stunt okay, in the mobile market; claiming to use hardwares you didn't use
Op, next time always try to get your facts and findings right, corning didn't say that's the list of all the devices and companies using its gorilla glasses technology , pls learn to read and comprehend..it's gonna save your ass big time. From the wiki link you dropped, think there's a clause there states that some companies were not listed due to contract ish.
And mind you Zte, Xiaomi, gionee, oppo fero and haven't found there ways into the US market. Being a global brand doesn't mean you sell in the States. Most of these big brands don't really give you what you deserve, imagine a 65k Xperia giving you android 4.4. The bottom line is buy what you can afford, at times I don't buy gadgets I buy names..that's the essence of a big flagship phones and that implies that cellphone means different things to different peeps, to me especially it's fashion at times and not that it is really worth the bucks..haha I don write novel o�shalom

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by sammirano: 11:55am On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:

I have used about 4 phones from this company, and all I can say is their products are trash. So he is right to show them to Nigerians for who they are.

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Beemhan(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Simople question is why don't Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Oppo, etc sell their phones in the US. At least these are bigger names. If those ones no fit enter who come be small Tecno?
ZTE does https://www.statista.com/statistics/716302/cell-phone-brands-commonly-owned-by-us-consumers/
I read somewhere that Xiaomi does too. Can't find the link now.
The bottom line is what the OP said is largely true
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by DedeNkem: 12:34pm On May 25, 2018
Instead of looking into this guy's claims before judgement, some m*orons are attacking him without any evidence of falsehood! This is exactly what these c*rooked companies want!

I have always wondered why these mobile phones from these companies are so popular in Africa, especially, in Nigeria and yet one can't find one of them in Europe or America! It makes absolutely no sense if these phones are so "great".

Conformity is the answer. These companies are running away from these areas because they DON'T want to conform to strict standards! In other words, they push crappy phones into African markets, where there is no standard rules, and make their billions!

For those who don't know. A strict standard prevents companies from selling you crappy products! This is why Africans value products bought from EU, U.S., etc. because they are built to last!

Last time I visited home, I went to four electronic shops to buy a phone charger (mine was stolen at the airport), I was so disappointed that they all had only fake inferior products! Luckily for me, a friend had a good one I borrowed throughout my stay.

Nigerians are so used to using fake and inferior products! Sad!

3 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by kmaster007: 12:48pm On May 25, 2018
no wonder dey no get sense since dey no Africans brain black.. I can't even imagine how tecno and Infinix producing different types of phones to Africans expecially Nigeria.. God knws hw many new product of tecno and Infinix they hv introduce btw April/May
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Beemhan(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2018
luckyogor:
Transsion holdings are business savvy people,the population of asia and africa obliterates that of europe and america and why the bleep do they need to sell in europe and america when they gat africa and asia infiltrate, my peeps,asia and africa are the new brides of mother earth and why bother to go and compete with the likes of samsung and ipone in Europe and america,bleep all those international certification bullshit mehn,we aint in the colonial times no more.
Educate yourself fam https://www.chinainternetwatch.com/20691/smartphone-apr-2017/
Transsion isn't even known in China it's production country, let alone Asia. Infiltrate ko? penetrate ni? Don't make me laugh please
And please check the meaning of 'infiltrate' �

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 25, 2018
henrixx:
Samsung c7 pro for sale at 76k
4gbram 64gbrom 16mp front and back 4glte 3300mah
Slim and rugged

Call or Watsap 08062292514
Francis you still dey alimosho
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Happigirl12(f): 12:54pm On May 25, 2018
I was deciding on whether to get an Infinix or Samsung phone tomorrow but I guess I'm excluding Infinix. Guys, any other better phone choice like Samsung?
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by rexben(m): 12:56pm On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:

Tarnish image, how? The OP is saying nothing but the truth. If you're doubting, Google is your friend. Find out for yourself
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Leah1234: 1:19pm On May 25, 2018
Whether haters like it or not, Infinix and Tecno are here to stay. These companies started selling to Africa but they are now in selling in Asia too. I believe the will explore other markets, including Europe soon
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by BabylonCruise(m): 1:33pm On May 25, 2018
jetz:
bravo bruh you said it all, but naija no go ever gree o...sha everything in naija has kleg starting with d economy
And you had to quote the whole post.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by olmoRoc: 1:58pm On May 25, 2018
Even Xiaomi was caught and sued in China some years back for lying about the specs of the Hongmi Note 2.

https://beststory.technewsinchina.com/hongmi-note-2-is-facing-a-massive-refund-problem-d8554c9624ad

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by laudate: 2:00pm On May 25, 2018
Leah1234:
Whether haters like it or not, Infinix and Tecno are here to stay. These companies started selling to Africa but they are now in selling in Asia too. I believe the will explore other markets, including Europe soon

how much did they pay you for this piece of PR trash?
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Richy101010: 2:29pm On May 25, 2018
Badookelzi:
This Guy Is Looking For Website Visitors, Nothing More
True..!!
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by OHIsIManuEL(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2018
Happigirl12:
I was deciding on whether to get an Infinix or Samsung phone tomorrow but I guess I'm excluding Infinix. Guys, any other better phone choice like Samsung?
Nokia X
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Goodnuel: 2:36pm On May 25, 2018
Happigirl12:
Go for Xiaomi... Thank me later

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by itzjwizzy(m): 2:45pm On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:

Oh, man is wiki a personal website too? How come you're deflecting the facts with irrelevant issues.

These are the facts.

* Transsion Holdings announced its recent devices use Corning Gorrila glass and Corning doesn't list Tecno or infinix or Itel as OEMs using its technology or hardware

* Transsion Holdings says some of its devices use Qualcomm's Snapdragon chipset. Again Qualcomm didn't list Tecno or infinix or Itel using its Chipset.

* Two global bodies, the EC and FCC certify all global brands to affirm they comply with international standards. Transsion Holdings do not send their models to these bodies for certification.

I understand why you choose to avoid facts for cheap smear, afterall, it's not a nice realisation that you're a consequence of scam.

But e De work sha? Wetin come concern naija grin
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Happigirl12(f): 2:49pm On May 25, 2018
Goodnuel:
Go for Xiaomi... Thank me later
I'm really wary of Chinese phones cuz I bought a Tecno tablet PC 2 years ago but it got different problems in just 8 months. Is Xiaomi really ok? Cuz I've never heard of it before.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by itzjwizzy(m): 2:50pm On May 25, 2018
Sharon6:
Truth, truth and nothing but the TRUTH. Team Huawei all the way.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE.
undecided huawei ko, who are we ni? grin
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by itzjwizzy(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Hmm, You can't live without me u had to mention my name. Anyway let me make this brief.

Yes Tecno, Infinix and Itel don't market their phones in the US, I don't even think they intend to, at least not in the nearest future. The US smartphone market is saturated and the US are critical of Chinese phones. Tecno is just a small company. Before u attack Tecno, first answer this question. Why is it that Xioami, Oppo, Huawei, ZTE don't sell their phones in the US. These are bigger names than Tecno. Aha.. so there is ur answer. So if those big guns can't enter the US, who come be small Tecno?

And to answer ur questions about alternative phones to buy.. first I need to make it clear. I don't use any Transsion phone. Though my wife uses Infinix hot 4 Pro which has been serving her since 2016. I also bought an infinix hot s same time she bought hers which was my second phone while Galaxy s6 was my main phone. I've long sold mine. It was a decent phone, though I had to change the charging port once, and my wife has also changed her charging port, but phone is still serving her. Now that we have gotten that out of the way, as a lot of people already know, my daily driver right now is LG V20 which has been phenomenal and I don't have any reason to change it right now. But there are lots of things people look for in a phone. Because I'm a heavy user doesn't mean everyone has to be a heavy user. Because I can buy a used flagship doesn't mean everyone has to buy a used phone, some people want their phones brand new.

Let's see some of the phones u mentioned
LG G5: u said its 50k, show me the shop where it is sold for 50k brand new. Good specs, poor design, crap battery.
LG G6: Again show me where it is sold, LG didn't even sell this phone in Nigeria. The used one is sold for around 100k and above

Samsung galaxy s6: I can't even recommend this for my enemy. Very poor battery life, still over 50k for used one
Samsung galaxy s7/edge: Brand new one is still over 170k, used one between 80-120k
HTC 10: This one no even dey market, show me where it is sold
HTC U11: bro are u just mentioning phones for the sake of it? HTC didn't sell this phone in Nigeria, the used one is still over 100k
Sony Xperia XZ and XZ premium: I give up. Do u have any of these for sale at 60k? I will buy 3

I know u can order for these phones from overseas but how many people do u think have the time to order phones. So someone cannot enter a shop and buy a phone to start using immediately again abi? Me I don't have a problem ordering phone any product, but everyone cannot be like me, majority still prefer to enter shop buy what they want. And not everyone will like used phones.
I dab for you sir. You smart gan no be small. Besides must everything be accepted in the us before it can be considered valid? Na wa o.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by itzjwizzy(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2018
Acidosis:

It is better to spend 50 years of your life sleeping than spend 50 mins educating a matured and arrogant educated illiterate.

Stop wasting your time bro. Those who care to know already know.
grin grin grin
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by itzjwizzy(m): 3:02pm On May 25, 2018
kimbraa:
I used to tell my friends who are Techno users that nothing on earth would make me use a Techno phone, and each time I remind them, they get angry.

Why on earth would anyone buy a Techno worth of 35k when you can buy a Samsung for 50?
osheey baddest.... U put cash for them pockets abi? As for me, I never like techno from d onset, but infinix is cool. As for itel, e no go better for the manufacturers. Worst phone I ever know.

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by itzjwizzy(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2018
strykr:
US and EU certification my ass. That’s how such neo-colonialist mentality made me buy a BLU studio phone after my hot note pro got stolen. My people I saw hell with that phone...swollen battery, incompatible network bands, shitty camera, poor plastic finishing... a phone I bought for almost 70k in 2016. A phone that is manufactured and produced in the USA with all their shitty certifications. Had to get an infinix that is going over 2 years now..no issues at all, despite a broken and mutilated screen. Op you have no idea the politics and sentiments involved in the phone business. Just use what works for you and shut the hell up.
Gbam. Better pikin grin
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 25, 2018
VULCAN:

The most important point which the OP mentioned which you completely ignored was the possibility that Transsion is lying about the specs on its phones. I would love to hear your take on this.

Thanks

Glad u used the word 'possibility' which means it's just a myth and not a FACT. Now can u pls tell me some of the specs of these phones that they lied about?

Thank u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NIN Link: Airtel Camera Couldn't Capture My Face Because Of My Eye - Man Cries / MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv / [NEW!] Mtn Unlimited Browsing For All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.