Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! (54316 Views)

India's First 32-inch QLED TV From Infinix Will Go On Sale Soon At A Fair Price / Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Is This Why Tecno Phones Are Crap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by jetz(m): 3:27pm On May 25, 2018
BabylonCruise:

And you had to quote the whole post.
yes na
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by chiraqDemon(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:
What is wrong with this guy Are you been paid to bring these phone brands down or what? Why do you keep creating threads to tarnish the image of these phone manufacturers?

Simply because you were unfortunate to purchase a defective unit from one of these manufacturers is not enough reason to come here and condemn all of them.... I can remember i bought one infinix some time in early 2015, and it's still working perfectly up till now even after falling severally. Although I have given it out and the person is still using it.
Because it works does not mean it's original. These phones do not meet the specifications and standards that are required for them to operate in saner climes. The hardware specs they list are lies and this is what the op I saying. I have a friend that still uses a tecno phone he bought in 2014, but even he still says he only bought it cos it's cheap, he will tell you that tecno is substandard. Again, because it works does not make it original

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Drdreyy: 5:11pm On May 25, 2018
ericsmith:

simply because you are rich enough to buy a chinko phones fortunate to use it beyond its life span & give it out to someone, maybe ur babe,, is not enough reason to come online n downgrade her,,what if she is reading as well.
do not let your left hand know even what right hand gives out

I wanted to ignore you before but because of the statement in bold.

Why is it that guys of nowadays can't just think about anything else apart from boyfriend/girlfriend relationships? What gave you the impression that i gave it to a lady? Anyway you are wrong. And what do you mean by left hand............... " did i mention any body's name? Do you even know who i am? I don't think you understand that biblical passage.

Now to the part of phones, i castigated him based on the fact that he was creating multiple threads aimed at bringing down those so called chinko brands. Although I'm Not a fan of Tecno or itel but I have used infinix before and didn't have any cause to regret it. I currently use Samsung and I still have an infinix for support and So far, both have been functioning well.

Although my Samsung performs better which is expected, but those chinko brands are not as bad as the way he is painting them
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 25, 2018
Still don't know why the fuss continues to this point...
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Ten06(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:
What is wrong with this guy Are you been paid to bring these phone brands down or what? Why do you keep creating threads to tarnish the image of these phone manufacturers?

Simply because you were unfortunate to purchase a defective unit from one of these manufacturers is not enough reason to come here and condemn all of them.... I can remember i bought one infinix some time in early 2015, and it's still working perfectly up till now even after falling severally. Although I have given it out and the person is still using it.
Pls is it a crime to say the truth anywhere you are
whether you like it or not the truth will still come out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by biridon(m): 7:34pm On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:

You are so lame..
you just showed how ignorant you are..

He is not talking about durability bit the brand meeting Global specifications

olodo'! ode
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Drdreyy: 8:07pm On May 25, 2018
biridon:

You are so lame.. you just showed how ignorant you are..
He is not talking about durability bit the brand meeting Global specifications
olodo'! ode
Werey! Ori e ti da ru
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Goodnuel: 11:42pm On May 25, 2018
Happigirl12:
I'm really wary of Chinese phones cuz I bought a Tecno tablet PC 2 years ago but it got different problems in just 8 months. Is Xiaomi really ok? Cuz I've never heard of it before.
Yes, their phones r great..
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by sureguy078(m): 12:48am On May 26, 2018
At first I didn't wanna participate but now I will.
I'm a retired Samsung user(now using tecno) I see nothing in this thread other than a waste of time.
Its just like someone creating ads and wanting people to visit and click.
Ya all be shouting Samsung Samsung upandan
I don use many Samsung phones(most of dem na just waste of money).
For xiaomi phones, na parts be their own shit(not readily available).
Although Samsung phones are very very nice and when it comes to android, I think they are number 1.
But then let's go to the most important part(the cost of d phone and cost of reparing)omo na die o
Imagine buying a uk used phone (a5 2016) for 70k, phone broke and d screen cost is 47k
Haffa na!!, almost the money I bought it.
Tecno and infinix are really trying these days and they are at good prices.
Guys, na Nigeria we dey, as long as the cost to performance ratio of these phones is balanced , I, and some wise people don't care about the EUROPE market and all those stuffs.

Wen we commot naija, we go dey bother
So just carry this thread commot coz I see it as bad mouthing these phones.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by obinna234: 2:59am On May 26, 2018
Badookelzi:
This Guy Is Looking For Website Visitors, Nothing More
You're probably an infinix user nothing more �

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Electronzeez(m): 5:30am On May 26, 2018
This is the best thread in mobile section .love the argument .the pages are growing fast I am watching it on 'slow mo'.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by GetUmad: 9:11pm On May 26, 2018
greenhulk:

No they don't. Show me a store that sell their phones in the US. Not online stores, I mean can u get them from any carrier?
Must I get a phone from a carrier? I don't get you. Majority of the popular carriers are sorta brand-specific. They sell and market major brands like iPhone, Samsung, HTC and LG and the likes . Nonetheless they that doesn't mean you can't get it from some of them. Boost Mobile, Cricket and some other networks sell these phones. You can also get Huawei, ZTE in many stores in US (Best Buy, Walmart and many other phone stores) . I don't know about others you mentioned there.
I want to believe all what the Transition or na Traction company do is just mere branding of mobile phones. I once came across a phone called Ojji and it has exactly same UI and spec as Infinix hot 2. I mean nothing changed. I know of someone in Nigeria that ordered cloned phones from a company in China as Christmas gifts for his clients and the phones were branded in his company's name.

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by GetUmad: 9:53pm On May 26, 2018
sureguy078:
At first I didn't wanna participate but now I will.
I'm a retired Samsung user(now using tecno) I see nothing in this thread other than a waste of time.
Its just like someone creating ads and wanting people to visit and click.
Ya all be shouting Samsung Samsung upandan
I don use many Samsung phones(most of dem na just waste of money).
For xiaomi phones, na parts be their own shit(not readily available).
Although Samsung phones are very very nice and when it comes to android, I think they are number 1.
But then let's go to the most important part(the cost of d phone and cost of reparing)omo na die o
Imagine buying a uk used phone (a5 2016) for 70k, phone broke and d screen cost is 47k
Haffa na!!, almost the money I bought it.
Tecno and infinix are really trying these days and they are at good prices.
Guys, na Nigeria we dey, as long as the cost to performance ratio of these phones is balanced , I, and some wise people don't care about the EUROPE market and all those stuffs.

Wen we commot naija, we go dey bother
So just carry this thread commot coz I see it as bad mouthing these phones.
Brother, cost to performance ratio as you said for those phone isn't balanced. Only very few people are lucky enough to enjoy the value of the money used in the purchase of the phone. It hardly goes beyond 18 months (of careful and very sensitive usage). I was their die-hard marketer (not a paid one though, more of a fanboy when Tecno started Android phone). I made sure I convinced all my friends then to buy that Tecno n7 which I thought was a monster of a phone to compete with the international brands as far as Android phones are concerned. It was one of my greatest mistakes. None of them could last even up to 6 months without issues and I got mocked by my friends till date. I still convinced one of those guyz then to buy P3 (can't remember the p it was actually) when the N7 had issue, unfortunately that one didn't even last 3 months.... Let's be sincere with ourselves, Yes, they're very affordable and can perform good functions needed in a smartphone but if you consider how many you'd buy within 2 yrs or how much you'd spend within that period, you'd agree most of them are nothing but penny wise pound foolish. I haven't come across anyone with those chinco phone that lasted up to 2 years but you see people with their Samsung phone (even bought used) being used for many years with even a cracked screen (which unfortunately happen to be the major problem you'd always face with it) that still functions well. Once those chinco has just a small cracked screen, expect them to go "auto-press" (among many other issues that'd would also cost you a whole lot to fix) . It'd start dialing numbers and opening applications on it own. I've seen 3 like that. Meanwhile my old Samsung S6 with even an almost detached screen still functions well till date.

3 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 26, 2018
GetUmad:

Must I get a phone from a carrier? I don't get you. Majority of the popular carriers are sorta brand-specific. They sell and market major brands like iPhone, Samsung, HTC and LG and the likes . Nonetheless they that doesn't mean you can't get it from some of them. Boost Mobile, Cricket and some other networks sell these phones. You can also get Huawei, ZTE in many stores in US (Best Buy, Walmart and many other phone stores) . I don't know about others you mentioned there.
I want to believe all what the Transition or na Traction company do is just mere branding of mobile phones. I once came across a phone called Ojji and it has exactly same UI and spec as Infinix hot 2. I mean nothing changed. I know of someone in Nigeria that ordered cloned phones from a company in China as Christmas gifts for his clients and the phones were branded in his company's name.

Read these.

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by GetUmad: 10:28pm On May 26, 2018
greenhulk:

Read these.
Bro, that's why I said one could get it from stores. At least I know more than 4 big stores that'd sell it with warranty.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 26, 2018
GetUmad:
Bro, that's why I said one could get it from stores. At least I know more than 4 big stores that'd sell it with warranty.

That some stores ship them in and sell doesn't mean they are in the US. These stores buy them outright and resell, not that Huawei supply the stores and provide after sale services. It's just like jumia sells xiaomi phones, that doesn't mean xiaomi have market in Nigeria.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 3:37am On May 27, 2018
greenhulk:

Read these.
Greenhulk, can you see any connections with Huawei story and ZTE story?
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 5:29am On May 27, 2018
chiraqDemon:

Because it works does not mean it's original. These phones do not meet the specifications and standards that are required for them to operate in saner climes. The hardware specs they list are lies and this is what the op I saying. I have a friend that still uses a tecno phone he bought in 2014, but even he still says he only bought it cos it's cheap, he will tell you that tecno is substandard. Again, because it works does not make it original
How many Nigerians can afford standard phones?
Why do think Nokia lost the market (small target market )
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Kaybaba5(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2018
The bible has talked about them, i mean tecno,infinix and itel fans their hearts are hardened they will never listen to the truth because they are blindfolded and dumb....
This truth is far from them

GetUmad:

Brother, cost to performance ratio as you said for those phone isn't balanced. Only very few people are lucky enough to enjoy the value of the money used in the purchase of the phone. It hardly goes beyond 18 months (of careful and very sensitive usage). I was their die-hard marketer (not a paid one though, more of a fanboy when Tecno started Android phone). I made sure I convinced all my friends then to buy that Tecno n7 which I thought was a monster of a phone to compete with the international brands as far as Android phones are concerned. It was one of my greatest mistakes. None of them could last even up to 6 months without issues and I got mocked by my friends till date. I still convinced one of those guyz then to buy P3 (can't remember the p it was actually) when the N7 had issue, unfortunately that one didn't even last 3 months.... Let's be sincere with ourselves, Yes, they're very affordable and can perform good functions needed in a smartphone but if you consider how many you'd buy within 2 yrs or how much you'd spend within that period, you'd agree most of them are nothing but penny wise pound foolish. I haven't come across anyone with those chinco phone that lasted up to 2 years but you see people with their Samsung phone (even bought used) being used for many years with even a cracked screen (which unfortunately happen to be the major problem you'd always face with it) that still functions well. Once those chinco has just a small cracked screen, expect them to go "auto-press" (among many other issues that'd would also cost you a whole lot to fix) . It'd start dialing numbers and opening applications on it own. I've seen 3 like that. Meanwhile my old Samsung S6 with even an almost detached screen still functions well till date.

2 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Rubiesangel: 10:31am On May 27, 2018
asuustrike2009:
How many Nigerians can afford standard phones?
Why do think Nokia lost the market (small target market )
Nokia lost the market because they didn't follow trends. They didn't make phones that the Nigerian market needed. Tecno on the other hand have firmly understood the Nigerian market and has won a large share of it. But this is just my opinion and it can be accepted largely.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 10:38am On May 27, 2018
Rubiesangel:
Nokia lost the market because they didn't follow trends. They didn't make phones that the Nigerian market needed. Tecno on the other hand have firmly understood the Nigerian market and has won a large share of it. But this is just my opinion and it can be accepted largely.
You are absolutely correct.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 27, 2018
greenhulk:

No they don't. Show me a store that sell their phones in the US. Not online stores, I mean can u get them from any carrier?

Carriers are not the only phone vendors in the US . wake up bro
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 27, 2018
Budex40:

Carriers are not the only phone vendors in the US . wake up bro

U need to wake up. If a company like Huawei cannot get a carrier to sell their phones in the us then it means they are not officially sold in the us. Even best buy are not selling them. Just because Amazon sells them doesn't mean they are in the US. Amazon is a 3rd party reseller just like jumia. So u wanna tell me xiaomi phones are sold in Nigeria since jumia sell them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Sike(m): 7:38am On May 29, 2018
True word
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by ubev01(m): 12:29pm On May 29, 2018
greenhulk:

Simople question is why don't Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Oppo, etc sell their phones in the US. At least these are bigger names. If those ones no fit enter who come be small Tecno?
ZTE is the 4th largest smartphone brand in the US, Huawei sells phones there directly through their website, other brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, gets their phones imported by Americans, not forgetting 1+,ever present in the US.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by ubev01(m): 12:39pm On May 29, 2018
greenhulk:

But Sony, HTC sell their phones in the US. And Infinix never mentions they use Gorilla glass if they don't. The phone where they mentioned gorilla glass 3 is infinix zero 5 and in truth they did use gorilla glass 3 as it was proven by some reviewers in India which is also where Infinix have some market share. What they don't do is tell us the aperture in their camera, but it is better not to mention it than lie.
and you think they are selling you the same phone they sell to Indians? lipsrsealed
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by ubev01(m): 12:56pm On May 29, 2018
Obagoal4u:
bt man city is in uk and tecno are one of their sponsors, and some of their players are using it.
man city players using tecno phones grin grin grin, this reminds me of the chivita man utd ad, they advertised it but NEVER drank/drink the danm thing. No serious biz org rejects money thrown at it

3 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by ubev01(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2018
greenhulk:

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/zte.html
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by zzzzy: 8:41am On May 31, 2018
As greenhulk said, Chinese OEMs would have a hard time entering the us markets as of now.
The Us don't trust Chinese companies particularly, ZTE and huawei. They believe they are some sought of espionage by the Chinese government. ZTE made things worse by selling phones with us parts (gorilla glass, snapdragon, android and so on) to iran and N.korea. Although they paid a fine last year, some other political stuff I don't know much about put them in the hot seat again , if US don't sell it's products to them, they are gone, huawei are investigated for something similar, xiaomi plans to debut in the us this year, don't know how far they have gone. Well obviously, this has to do more with politics, coming to the topic, it should be clear that transsion holdings aren't investing in the us for none of the reasons above. They sell here because this is the market they can dominate and make profit, they came in when the smartphone was new here, why go to a saturated market? Even now, the ng smartphone market is not even half-saturated, i bet a new company that comes today and takes the ng market as serious as transsion would be flying in a year. So this is a business decision. Mind you, I'm not a fan of transsion, probably close to an enemy of their products but I'd always praise them for a masterclass from a business perspective.

3 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by kadiri3(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2018
MR POSTER U HAV TO CHECK TECNO WIKIPEDIA THE ARE SERVING WORLD WIDE
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by investigator007: 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
kadiri3:
MR POSTER U HAV TO CHECK TECNO WIKIPEDIA THE ARE SERVING WORLD WIDE
true,they may be mainly here but tecno is a world wide brand.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by eki2000(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
Tecno has been recognized in GSM ARENA now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN-Branded Opera Mini: How To Download / NIN Link: Airtel Camera Couldn't Capture My Face Because Of My Eye - Man Cries / MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.