Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Your Worst Okada Experience? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Worst Okada Experience? (5376 Views)

Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Okada Rider's Head Bursts Open As He Collides With Containers In Lagos (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 7:17pm On May 27, 2010
@keskule dat one na wa
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by whiteroses(f): 7:25pm On May 27, 2010
I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS! angry
when taxi drivers striked in ibadan, my mum says shes coming to pick me, i wanted to join the big girls taking okada so i said no, taxi was N10 at the time so i thought okada was the same, when i got to home junction i paid N10 he says 15, i had no money and he got impatient and ordered me to jump back on the okada and dropped me back at school o_O i had to walk back home from bashorun to dada estate, i couldn't talk for three hours i was dehydrated and hungry, my mum said i looked like a boy
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by GboyegaD(m): 8:27pm On May 27, 2010
I have had terrible experiences with Okada men because I often times take bike to work once I am late. My worst experience however was:

One funny morning, I left home at about 7:25a.m and because I knew I was too late since the person relieving my boss who was on leave at that time had complained severally of our late coming in my unit, I decided to ride any bike not minding who was steering it. We were fast approaching Suru when the bike man wanted to match his brake and it failed. However, we were fortunate because while we served on the road before we stopped, the coaster bus coming behind us sensed it and braked exactly in front of us otherwise, he would have cleared us off.

The guy came down, used a piece of cloth to adjust his brake and told me it was okay. All because I never wanted to get late to work, I hopped in and we continued the ride. It was when I got to work that I realised how stupid I was to have risked my life that much all because I never wanted to get to work late.

So many experiences naim I don get with okada. I remember one wey be say, the stupid mallo dey use me practice wey make motor jam us. I no fit count because I wan read other people experiences.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by D1KeleVra(m): 9:04pm On May 27, 2010
grin LMAO Arkinses a.k.a FBIS is a clown abeg grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 9:34pm On May 27, 2010
This is another one going to ma friends house a house i ave never been, at akoka na so i carry bike. I didnt want to act like a foreigner so they wont charge me much so i said the name of the street like i already knew the place na so the malam carry me we started driving we went round nd round i kept tellin the guy we go soon reach there just they drive. The malam told me you no no road i said u nko? I no no i just start to dey drive am we started askin everyone we saw the guy got angry started sayin why you let me carry you i said why you carry me you wey no no road. Finally we got a description and it happened to be that the street where i took the okada was my destination. All in all i never needed a bike. Pheeew!
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Confusion: 9:51pm On May 27, 2010
if u love ur life and u must take a bike never
1. ride with an aboki man that is younger than 30 years
2. ride without your helmet
3. be fast

otherwise ,

i will rather ride with an elderly man becos they value their live unlike the young aboki that want to ride as fast as tommorrow and make all the money into their grave
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by r231(m): 9:52pm On May 27, 2010
smiley ;d smiley
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Tcrack(m): 10:10pm On May 27, 2010
i took okada from my house to ikeja. somewhere around testing ground, the okada man suddenly press brake and i found myself on the floor. till today, i still cant explain how it happened i just saw that i was on the floor.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by MardiGras: 1:43am On May 28, 2010
I entered this okada one time like that,
I was seriously pressed (i needed to shitt tongue)
My house no far, but if i trekk na shit for road be that.
I paid before i boarded the okada, in order to save time when i disembarked
Omo for road i come mess (fart). I thought the smell will dissipate since air dey blow, but i was DEAD WRONG!
The smell just the follow us they go, needless to say it was terrible.
I held my breath hoping the guy no go smell am, but i didnt have a prayer
before i know okada man don dey shout "O boy wetin, wetin, wetin!!", come dey swerve left and right shocked shocked sad
Omo the guy stop o, climb down start to halla, dey mix yoruba and english. Other okada men (obviously his friends) come around, the guy just they yarn opata like say i kill person. Omo see embarassment
I just jump down, since my house no far. . .take off before i shit for road

I see the idiottt one other day, the guy dey wave me. . .FOOOOL! angry angry
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Nobody: 1:46am On May 28, 2010
Mardi Gras:

My house no far, but if i trekk na poo for road be that.
Omo for road i come mess (fart). I thought the smell will dissipate since air dey blow, but i was DEAD WRONG!
before i know okada man don dey shout "O boy wetin, wetin, wetin!!", come dey swerve left and right shocked shocked sad
Omo the guy stop o, climb down start to halla, dey mix yoruba and english. Other okada men (obviously his friends) come around, the guy just they yarn opata like say i kill person. Omo see embarassment
I just jump down, since my house no far. . .take off before i poo for road

grin cheesy grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by manmustwac(m): 1:54am On May 28, 2010
Mardi Gras:

I was seriously pressed (i needed to shitt  tongue)
before i know okada man don dey shout "O boy wetin, wetin, wetin!!", come dey swerve left and right  shocked shocked sad

I see the idiottt one other day, the guy dey wave me. . .FOOOOL!  angry angry
This deserves to be nominated for the post of the year. grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by babaowo: 2:31am On May 28, 2010
hmmmmmmmm may God saves those people rides okada
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by ceasyc(f): 3:08am On May 28, 2010
i luv riding on motor bikes
i started wen i was in sec sch, neva had a bad experience
n i pray i neva do
but then again i dont ride on dem much, just once in a blue moon
just 4 kicks/fun
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by mbulela: 4:14am On May 28, 2010
Mardi Gras:

When you think you have seen it all, someone comes around and tops it.
NL never ceases to amaze with posts like this.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by chelseabmw(m): 6:14am On May 28, 2010
i almost had an accidient yesterday but thank God it did not happen.I have never had any bad experience and i pray not to
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ranoscky(m): 6:43am On May 28, 2010
@keskukule - "U DON EVER SEE WHERE PERSON ENTER OKADA GO DO WEDDING B4?"

grin grin grin grin grin . . . Na u the thing happen to?
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by ade2kay(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2010
Mardi Gras:

Very very funny
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by HOTandCOLD(m): 8:50am On May 28, 2010
At least none of the contributors died. We thank God for that. But i lost a close friend because of okada. I was in naija in '05 and i missed him because of my schedule so when he came to London in '06 we planned to get together but he had to rush to naija for his traditional wedding. I got a call the following week that he was involved in an okada accident. HE DIED. It was surreal. Right now i'm scared of okada and i think i have what can be medically classified as "okadaphobia"
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by mbulela: 9:05am On May 28, 2010
HOTandCOLD:

At least none of the contributors died. We thank God for that. But i lost a close friend because of okada. I was in naija in '05 and i missed him because of my schedule so when he came to London in '06 we planned to get together but he had to rush to naija for his traditional wedding. I got a call the following week that he was involved in an okada accident. HE DIED. It was surreal. Right now i'm scared of okada and i think i have what can be medically classified as "okadaphobia"
i feel you.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by deluxecad(m): 9:23am On May 28, 2010
Haha! On Ozumba Mbadiwe, VI. The high speed lanes, wow! God did something amazing. We fell flat and all vehicles held their peace. I stood up, dusted off and mounted the Bajaj(lol) again unscathed. It was miraculous and comical. Okada, can Lagos run effectively without them?
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by lysaa(f): 9:49am On May 28, 2010
collided with a car and survived it! angry
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by oraclefemi(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2010
I've had my fair share of okada accidents but I'll share dis, I was in ado ekiti and needed to get to d bank asap so I took a bike ride, I always prefer bajaj cuz they're smooth, on our way d guy was talking about segun oni ido osi election rigging when suddenly a car came out of a filling station directly into d road we were on oh boy! I just show some stunts oo, I raised my two legs up in d air to avoid anything crushing dem and adjusted my butt(thank god say I get yansh)in d end I landed on my butt as the bike dey roll on its side dey drag me and d rider dey go, I used to own a power bike before so I get escape ideas.everyone ran out shouting yeepa cuz it was a busy road, men! Shame catch me na him I stand up rub my fat butt dey waka go dey form big boy! For 3 days I no fit sit on my ass talkless of say make I bend down shiyt!
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by macnuel: 11:10am On May 28, 2010
ROFLMAO. OMG! I can't stop laughing at every post. Jeez! NL go wound me today. I've had my own share of Okada incidents but laughing over all these accounts, men, I don forget details. Maybe later.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 11:18am On May 28, 2010
This funnier than i thought.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by honeric01(m): 12:34pm On May 28, 2010
Got few to share, but wait, make i clean tears first, i don laugh tire grin grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by saviola77(m): 1:02pm On May 28, 2010

NL never disappoints,  i don laff die grin grin.

My story
Back in 2007, while still in school in enugu, i had an 8am exam; i had woken up late because i had to burn the midnight candle. To avoid been too late i hopped on a bike en route school,  just as we were going up a slope close to the school, i realized i was mid air. I had no idea what had happened, until a woman by the roadside told us that another guy also by the roadside had pushed us off the bike,  his reason?? we were too close to him.

I had to scurry off the road, even though i was in pains, because i had landed awkwardly on the tar, if not, i would have been ran over by cars which usually have to increase their speed because of the slope. The idiot?? i allowed him walk, make him dey carry him winch go. i dusted myself and continued to school,
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by olayinkaj2(m): 1:02pm On May 28, 2010
Hah! laugh wan kill me for here. I have been laughing at every posts. @MARDI GRAS, u no go kill me with me with that ur experience, too funny, i laugh so tey my bele con dey pain me. I dont have any experience really but i pray i do not have one.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by whiteroses(f): 2:03pm On May 28, 2010
^^ you dey laugh at peoples nightmare lool berra pray yours never come, a friend that fell off din't find it funny he says it all happened between 2 seconds and BAM! he was on the floor yakata like da fukk??
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Wylout: 2:42pm On May 28, 2010
U just don't know how much God saves until u jam aboki*****as in better Mallam ontop okada.

Na work oh! Ur boy had to get to bellisimo hotel close to chevron from IgboseTlagos island. My client the owner of the hotel just called for me to come collect my balance ***though i wonder y d guy no drop the cheque with im accountant, Na so i fly bike oh cos to drive go jam bonny camp traffic, lekki first and second round of go slow***na die.

Okada carry me sharply (better Aboki)
we just fly pass traffic lite na im i tell the home boy make im slow down

The guy change gear,accelerate answer me yowa

i recite all the psalms i knw sote i start to dey recite nursery rhymes.

I no wound sha

God dey
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by otukpo(f): 2:46pm On May 28, 2010
Mardi Gras:

LWKM

This post is surely the post of the year.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by D1KeleVra(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2010
lysaa:

collided with a car and survived it! angry

Did the passenger survive it too? grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by SmashingM(f): 3:26pm On May 28, 2010
Mardi Gras:

Definitely post of the year! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Car Should A Young Man In His 20's Buy? / Odometer Reading Vs. Engine Performance / Panel Beater And Painters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.