Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Your Worst Okada Experience? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Worst Okada Experience? (5287 Views)

Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Okada Rider's Head Bursts Open As He Collides With Containers In Lagos (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ranoscky(m): 3:33pm On May 28, 2010
Mardi Gras  LWKMD  grin grin grin grin grin

me and my GF wan go out for lunch today, wetin dey nak dat time na 2:00pm in d afternoon so she don prepare and ask me to go and prepare that she's hungry. but i don laugh for @mardi gras tory so teeeeeeeeeey, i come forget say my GF dey wait 4 me. omo naim d gurl para oo . . .
the gurl come provok, tell me say she will go to her country and stay there for 1month b4 she come back
omo i come start to dey beg am oo . . . meanwhile, as i dey bag her, i dey laugh an uncontrolable laugh. the gurl
come vex again think say  na she i dey laugh oo. but i come gain small seriousness come dey beg her sha . . .
ok, she come gree o, we come commot go chop. for the restaurant where we dey, tv dey for front and back and
me and my GF face ourself so i come dey d thing no gree me hold i still dey laugh, my GF com ask me wetin hapun? i tellam say na d tin wey dem dey do 4 d tv wey i dey watch. but guy na lie oo, d tin wey dem dey do 4 d tv sef go make u vex DIE! so we come eat finish naa come go for shoping. guy d tin no stil leave me i come burst laugh inside d supermarket plaza wey we dey, omo ehn, everybody com face me o, com dey wonder wetin hapun, naim i tell my GF say make she see as dem take arrange some teddy bear and some toy wey dem dey sale, say dem no arrange am well. my GF com laugh sef o, she com tell dem say i say dem no arrange doz baby well say make dem arrange am well but na lie o, everytin dey well arranged o, na just make i give xcuse for laugh. as dem wan arrange am na, naim everything scatter for ground oo. o boy i com get free access to laugh o, I LAUGH SO TEYYYYY i start to dey cry oo. afta all d waka, me and my GF com enter house by 9:30pm in d night.
guy as i drop all d tin wey dey my hand i start to dey laugh again, naim my GF say wetin hapun again? naim tellam
say na dat supermarket mata dey make me laugh she sef com start to dey laugh again o, una know wetin i dey tink? i dey tink how @mardi gras face go dey dat time wey d mess (fart) dey smell, how d okada man go dey take dey hala, how him go feel wen d okada man friens com around, and how hurry him go dey wit d shyt 4 him nyash. so i com look say d laugh no gree me hold and if my GF notice she go paranoid well well, una know wetin i do? . . .
i com go put 1 cartoon movie wey dey very funny (G force) so make i for take get free access to laugh without question. so na d tin wey save me b dat o my felo NL's.

so if una ask me i go say this is the best post of the year. NO DOUBT!  grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 4:05pm On May 28, 2010
@Ranosky "lol" would hav been ok!!! but I get.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Kzea: 8:04pm On May 28, 2010
it was so funny
then i was in JSS 3.my parents registered me for a private coaching after the school hour.i will ahve to wait behind for my teachers to take me the recquired subject.
it was end of the Month and i will have to pay for the coaching fees.when i was about going to school in the morning my mum gave me the coaching fees. but i left it in the dinning room.i got to school i rememberd i just sneak out of the school compound so that i could pay the coaching fees.i was going home to take the coaching fees.i board a motorcycle(okada) to make my journey snappy.as we are on the high way there was an accident.i just noticed that i was in the Hospital.i suffered the injury for almost 5 months before i could recovered.
than GOD ANYWAY THAT I WAS STILL ALIVE
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by dkings101(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2010
Was early morning, need to go 2 cyber cafe 2 do some project with My Laptop, so I held the lappy like briefcase with cash grin grin grin.
I boarded this bike (never knew the guy borrow the bike just to get money to eat tat morning)
The road was so bad that some part of the road r lil high caused by erosion. On getting to a lil high road, instead of this stupid dude to drive slowly or take another way since the area is lil high, he just accelerate the bike and Lo and Behold
The bike raised it's mouth up like a Horse and I fell like some1 on a horse ride with my lappy getting off my grip into the gutter (thanks there was no dirt water in it).
Wen I landed, I stood up n stretch my back cos my spine was not in order not knowing My leg has been brutally injured by the iron where I placed my leg. It cut tru my leather drivers shoe into my skin to the extent that I saw a white tissue which I believe is bone,
That was wen I started to feel the pain, I blow the guys, slap him, hit him with object, He just stood like a kid saying sorry.
Then I was feeling dizzy cos I ve lost much blood, I just have to take the same bike to hospital where I got myself treated and wen it came to the bill part of it, the guy brought out N500 and pleaded tat it was all he got(when the bill was N5000). I got no choice than to forth my bills mysef. I still board bike till I got my own car.

2. Driving around Teddy road opp. Ojo cantmt. Saw coming trailer and pressed my brake, the next thing I heard was a huge "Gbam" on the back of my car. Came down from the car and saw this stupid aboki guy raining insult on me that I almost killed him wen I was suppose to be raining curse on him wen He saw my brake light (Guess he was speeding). the passenger was carrying n passerby just pleaded on his behalf and moreover nothing happen the bumper. I just let me go.

Guys beware with bike men and owez warn them not to speed as wen they go outta control, it might be deadly and fatal.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:11pm On May 28, 2010
I was rushing to work one day and I had to board a bike to beat time. Suddenly it started raining and the Okada man started speeding probably to evade being caught up in the rain. He sped so much in the rain such that I could see a thing. The more I pleaded with him to stop, the more he sped. In fact I was on the borderline between earth and heaven. Thank God nothing happened. I rained abuses on the Okada man and didn't pay him his money. He did not even insist for his money, meaning he knew his offences. Since then I've never entered any Okada for any reason. Its better to be late than the late!
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by DeepSoul(f): 10:23pm On May 28, 2010
deluxecad:

Haha! On Ozumba Mbadiwe, VI. The high speed lanes, wow! God did something amazing. We fell flat and all vehicles held their peace. I stood up, dusted off and mounted the Bajaj(lol) again unscathed. It was miraculous and comical. Okada, can Lagos run effectively without them?

Ah! I'v found my clone

Mardi Gras:

Omo for road i come mess (fart). I thought the smell will dissipate since air dey blow, but i was DEAD WRONG!
The smell just the follow us they go, needless to say it was terrible.
I held my breath hoping the guy no go smell am, but i didnt have a prayer
before i know okada man don dey shout "O boy wetin, wetin, wetin!!", come dey swerve left and right shocked shocked sad
I see the idiottt one other day, the guy dey wave me. . .FOOOOL! angry angry
Oh boy, you don kill me, I swear!!
U're gonna have to pay for damages because my lungs are not insured!! angry
Apart from my damaged lungs, I don laugh so tay I don get hiccups wey no gree go angry angry angry
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by dagold4eva(m): 3:52am On May 29, 2010
Mine was after i just lost my job in 2008,dat morning my oga called all of us in my department and told us d sad story and did not pay us for d time we have worked(dis was mid-month).On my way home i took a bike frm Queens drive Falomo,as we almost got to falomo d okada man ran into a man dat just did a sharp u-turn and d next thing i saw was me on d floor and pple around asking if i was ok,even b4 i checked if i was ok, i told dem i was.i did not knw how it happened but i just had a small scratch but my only suit trouser got damaged as it bruised d ground to save my skin. My other experience was around 2006 wen i went to lagos to get something,i was not even on a bike but was just alighting frm a bus wen a bike coming against a one-way hit me frm behind and dragged me over a distance,d guy was made to take me a an hospital, when we got there he said he wanted to pick money downstairs and he did not come back.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:04am On May 29, 2010
e yah. . . .sorry
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 30, 2010
ROFLMAO
Mardi Gras:

I entered this okada one time like that,
I was seriously pressed (i needed to shitt tongue)
My house no far, but if i trekk na poo for road be that.
I paid before i boarded the okada, in order to save time when i disembarked
Omo for road i come mess (fart). I thought the smell will dissipate since air dey blow, but i was DEAD WRONG!
The smell just the follow us they go, needless to say it was terrible.
I held my breath hoping the guy no go smell am, but i didnt have a prayer
before i know okada man don dey shout "O boy wetin, wetin, wetin!!", come dey swerve left and right shocked shocked sad
Omo the guy stop o, climb down start to halla, dey mix yoruba and english. Other okada men (obviously his friends) come around, the guy just they yarn opata like say i kill person. Omo see embarassment
I just jump down, since my house no far. . .take off before i poo for road

I see the idiottt one other day, the guy dey wave me. . .FOOOOL! angry angry
grin cheesy grin . E still dey pain u so tay u put dis emoticon angry come call am FOOOL join. Hope say the guy no dey NL sha grin my Nomination 4 post of d year. LWKMD grin cheesy grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Nizoral(f): 9:19am On May 30, 2010
Was horible bt fhank gawd am stil alive
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by jokingmary(m): 6:38pm On May 30, 2010
I've got some of them
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by k4kenny(f): 7:22pm On May 31, 2010
reading all these experiences makes me thank God i have not had any okada drama in my life and i have taken bikes.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2010
Funny indeed.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by weyreypey: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2018
a private car is a great investment in Nigeria

Ruq:
It started as i was going to ma grannies place na so i carry bike along Gbobi side where them they arrange bones.
Thank God the Okada wasn't speeding i was on the bike thinking about my life Suddenly it almost ended!!!

The bike just fell off Gboa!!! i heard. at first i couldn't tell what happened my head was on the floor then i saw a Danfo(commercial bus) coming with the tyre directly where my head was then i realized i had fallen,sharp sharp i jumped off the road with pains allover the only good thing was i didn't pay the guy but the pain was more than the money.The pain was like over 3weeks.Going back i took another one then that one was speeding like.[size=14pt]Mad![/size] immediately i told the  guy please i just fell off one that i don't want to die young! but i got home safely praise be to God!
But this na naija now. you can't stop something because of one reason i still climb! but i pray before climbing

So if you gat any experience pls share!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Car Should I Get? (1.5M, 23 Year Old) / Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord / Odometer Reading Vs. Engine Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.